"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any ideas for a good build for a Ryouma with -Spd +Def? I finally got him after over a year of trying so I'm pretty disappointed by his lackluster spread. I don't really want fixing his speed to take away from any great skills or seals he could otherwise have.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Anyone got any ideas for a good build for a Ryouma with -Spd +Def? I finally got him after over a year of trying so I'm pretty disappointed by his lackluster spread. I don't really want fixing his speed to take away from any great skills or seals he could otherwise have.

QR 2 or 3 is the only way to make up those double hit he lost or maybe pair up with Brave Lucina with Rally SPD so he can do his job well with Vantage build again.

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

QR 2 or 3 is the only way to make up those double hit he lost or maybe pair up with Brave Lucina with Rally SPD so he can do his job well with Vantage build again.

I don't have a Brave Lucina, so I guess QR it is. Should I go Darting Blow-> Vantage -> Threaten Speed -> Quick Riposte Seal or is that too overfocused on the Speed thing? I don't have access to Swift Sparrow sadly.

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I don't have a Brave Lucina, so I guess QR it is. Should I go Darting Blow-> Vantage -> Threaten Speed -> Quick Riposte Seal or is that too overfocused on the Speed thing? I don't have access to Swift Sparrow sadly.

That would be overfocused, just slap QR seal on him is enough. Fury is his best friend with his +def boon. He tank physical better. 

Swift Sparrow will do better in player phase build so you may save it for later once you get his better IV.

Edited by Ginko

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

That would be overfocused, just slap QR seal on him is enough. Fury is his best friend with his +def boon. He tank physical better. 

Swift Sparrow will do better in player phase build so you may save it for later once you get his better IV.

All right, thanks!

@Ice Dragon I'd like to use him to bait anything that deirdre can't and to support my other units. He will probably act like a 2nd physical wall if Fjorm gets too low. If he is not acting as a wall, i want him to be able to support but be able to kill if needed. I'm thinking of using him in a team with Fjorm, Deirdre and either siegbert or lucina. Fjorm being my main wall for everything and deirdre being the main attacker. Things deirdre can't finish off completely will be done by corrin or my sword user depending on what color.

I'm planning on keeping his C skill but I'm debating on using a reciprocal aid + renewal combo so he can act as a healer as well. Not sure if its necessary with my team set up or not though.

6 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

@Ice Dragon I'd like to use him to bait anything that deirdre can't and to support my other units. He will probably act like a 2nd physical wall if Fjorm gets too low. If he is not acting as a wall, i want him to be able to support but be able to kill if needed. I'm thinking of using him in a team with Fjorm, Deirdre and either siegbert or lucina. Fjorm being my main wall for everything and deirdre being the main attacker. Things deirdre can't finish off completely will be done by corrin or my sword user depending on what color.

I'm planning on keeping his C skill but I'm debating on using a reciprocal aid + renewal combo so he can act as a healer as well. Not sure if its necessary with my team set up or not though.

It sounds like Swordbreaker or R Tomebreaker would be an option if you're partnering him up with Deirdre. The good thing about colorless is he can pretty much have any breaker that you want depending on the situation. Although maybe G Tomebreaker is better than R Tomebreaker, since there are more green mages in Arena and they are usually faster (like Nino), so denying their followups is always good.

Reciprocal Aid + Renewal is okay as well, for things like TT since Hama Ya plus his Spurs makes him a good support unit. But if it's for arena then I would just go for a breaker since it's more fast-paced.

Also thanks for the suggestions @Ice Dragon and @XRay I just remembered I have a lot of Lon'qus and I forgot he gets Glimmer, so I'll put Glimmer on my +Atk Fae then. She's going to be Triangle Adept eventually to help patch up -Def. (Plus Fury is rare unless you count Bartre and Moonbow supply is getting a bit low)

Edited by mcsilas

3 hours ago, Ae†her said:

How should one make the best out of a +Def/-Spd Fae? 

Any of the standard dragon builds:

Lightning Breath+ [Def / Res]
Reposition / [flexible]

then one of

Bonfire / Iceberg
Steady Breath

or

Glimmer / Aether
Triangle Adept 3

and one of

Quick Riposte 3
Atk Ploy 3 / Def Ploy 3 / Panic Ploy 3 / Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3 / Atk Smoke 3 / [flexible]

or

Guard 3 / Renewal 3 / [flexible]
Quick Riposte 3

or any of the buff/debuff builds that doesn't rely on Windsweep or Watersweep.

I like Harvest Henry's panic tome, and I'd like to upgrade it. The stat boosts are marginal, but what's the best one to go for? I was thinking the +def one, but he's -hp/+res if it matters.

@mcsilas Which breaker skill is better for him? Bowbreaker or G tomebreaker? I probably wouldn't use sword or R tome because I have Fjorm in the team to deal with them. Also should I just keep his default A skill or is the a better alternative? One last thing, if I  use the QR seal on him, would bonfire or ignis be the better special? I have yet to see NY corrin in the damage calc I use so I can't figure out how effective the build would be.

4 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

@mcsilas Which breaker skill is better for him? Bowbreaker or G tomebreaker? I probably wouldn't use sword or R tome because I have Fjorm in the team to deal with them. Also should I just keep his default A skill or is the a better alternative? One last thing, if I  use the QR seal on him, would bonfire or ignis be the better special? I have yet to see NY corrin in the damage calc I use so I can't figure out how effective the build would be.

Whichever your team wants more coverage against.

Dual stat boosts are rarely optimal (they're pretty much only optimal on staff users), but are generally good fillers while you wait for better skills to be available.

The choice between Bonfire and Ignis falls specifically to when you want your special skill to activate. Damage output is less important than "can I get my special skill to activate in the first place?"

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whichever your team wants more coverage against.

Dual stat boosts are rarely optimal (they're pretty much only optimal on staff users), but are generally good fillers while you wait for better skills to be available.

The choice between Bonfire and Ignis falls specifically to when you want your special skill to activate. Damage output is less important than "can I get my special skill to activate in the first place?"

If I want the special to proc on 1st hits. It is Bonfire that will do that? I get a little confused on how the specials proc. Its by every hit the count goes down right?

9 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

If I want the special to proc on 1st hits. It is Bonfire that will do that? I get a little confused on how the specials proc. Its by every hit the count goes down right?

Any hit by either combatant will decrease the cooldown by 1 (when no skills that modify the charge rate are active).

With a Weaponbreaker, to get a special skill to activate on the second attack, you need a special skill with a cooldown of 2 (you attack (1), opponent attacks (0), you attack (special) or opponent attacks (1), you attack (0), you attack (special)). This means you can use either a special skill with a cooldown of 2 or a special skill with a cooldown of 3 and a weapon that decreases your maximum cooldown (Killer Bow, Slaying Bow).

In order to land a special skill with a cooldown of 4 in a single round of combat, you need to either have a weapon that decreases your maximum cooldown and/or a skill that increases the rate that your special skill charges (Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Steady Stance, Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter). Or a weapon that hits multiple times (Brave Bow).

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any hit by either combatant will decrease the cooldown by 1 (when no skills that modify the charge rate are active).

With a Weaponbreaker, to get a special skill to activate on the second attack, you need a special skill with a cooldown of 2 (you attack (1), opponent attacks (0), you attack (special) or opponent attacks (1), you attack (0), you attack (special)). This means you can use either a special skill with a cooldown of 2 or a special skill with a cooldown of 3 and a weapon that decreases your maximum cooldown (Killer Bow, Slaying Bow).

In order to land a special skill with a cooldown of 4 in a single round of combat, you need to either have a weapon that decreases your maximum cooldown and/or a skill that increases the rate that your special skill charges (Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Steady Stance, Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter). Or a weapon that hits multiple times (Brave Bow).

Ohh ok I get it. Guess I'll leave the bonfire and get the resources to give him a slaying bow to do what I want him to do. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Considering making my +Attack Roy 5 ★ since we are going to have Binding Blade weapon refinery sometime in future. Should i do it ?

i wonder the chances of Roy getting a DC effect to his weapon (he has the DC effect on his own game)

If you have nothing better to do, why not?  Feathers are pretty common these days!

Does Steady Breath Nowi ideally want +def? I have a +res/-spd with a def refinement and I pulled a spare B!Ike off of the RD banner (lol). She's not the only one in my roster who wants Steady Breath right now so I can always wait for a +def/-spd one.

3 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Does Steady Breath Nowi ideally want +def? I have a +res/-spd with a def refinement and I pulled a spare B!Ike off of the RD banner (lol). She's not the only one in my roster who wants Steady Breath right now so I can always wait for a +def/-spd one.

Depends on what you're using her for. Units running Steady Breath are generally not doing so for the Def, but for the special skill charge rate.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depends on what you're using her for. Units running Steady Breath are generally not doing so for the Def, but for the special skill charge rate.

I see. I'd like her to be more of a mixed tank for now so she can work well as an AA extra. She'll probably eventually get added to a dragon emblem but I don't know how far off that is because I still haven't pulled a good natured Fae.

7 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So, I’ve decided that I want to build an Eirika. What nature should I use? +atk/-res or +res/-hp? Or should I wait for a better nature? And how should I build her once the nature is figured out.

I have a [+Atk, -Res] too and I use her a little more offensively. [+Res, -HP] allows her to be a green wall with Triangle Adept, so it is not too terrible either. I personally leans towards +Atk, but +Res is decent if you need a green wall on your team.

7 hours ago, r_n said:

I like Harvest Henry's panic tome, and I'd like to upgrade it. The stat boosts are marginal, but what's the best one to go for? I was thinking the +def one, but he's -hp/+res if it matters.

I am assuming his other skills are [Luna/Moonbow, Fury, Vengeful Fighter/Quick Riposte, Distant Def]. I think it is fine. Just make sure he got Ward Armor or Fortify Armor buffs if he is going to be facing highly merged BH!Lyn.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am assuming his other skills are [Luna/Moonbow, Fury, Vengeful Fighter/Quick Riposte, Distant Def]. I think it is fine. Just make sure he got Ward Armor or Fortify Armor buffs if he is going to be facing highly merged BH!Lyn.

@r_n

Also a reminder that Ward Armor is preferred because any Lyn that has Mulagir cancels Fortify Armor.