"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So, I’ve decided that I want to build an Eirika. What nature should I use? +atk/-res or +res/-hp? Or should I wait for a better nature? And how should I build her once the nature is figured out.

+Atk on her would be wonderful. I have a friend who own a +spd +10 and she can't kill some bulky unit with that double potential , how lame...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Poimagic I would also go +ATK with Eirika. With Fury she ends up with 40/51/40/31/32 as a 4*+10. Offensively that isn't terrible(though bulkier reds still won't drop to it). Defensively I just don't see 35 res as improving her capabilities by much. Even without a spd buff on her side doubling isn't something even the faster mages are all that likely to achieve. And the one brave tome is something she isn't wanting to face no matter what her boon is. Meanwhile 48 vs 51 ATK can actually be a fairly important difference. Though obviously boons/banes/etc of enemies can all make or break it. Though it does appear at a glance that the simulator agrees that +ATK is better than +SPD. +RES meanwhile doesn't seem to make much of a difference to who kills her. And even -RES doesn't appear to hurt her survival by much if at all. In fact -RES vs -HP would let her survive Brave Bow Cordelia whom mine would drop to. That said it is a very narrow survival. So maybe -RES is the better bane(even if it is a super bane at 5*).

So yeah, I say go +ATK/-RES.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@r_n

Also a reminder that Ward Armor is preferred because any Lyn that has Mulagir cancels Fortify Armor.

Thanks for the advice, both of you. Yeah I'm in the middle of outfitting my other armors with ward armor (just one + fortify rn)

22 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@Usana @Ginko @Liliesgrace Thanks. I’ll go for +atk/-res. I’ll promote her once I hit 20k feathers.

I think it is worth noting

+Atk may get more wins because her attack is so low, but this really all depends on what exactly you're using her for

SO

If you're trying to make some OP Eirika that fights to her death, then yeah +Atk -Res

But I'd look out for +Spd -Res, if you're doing buff support. Lets her tank in emergencies, where a high speed unit is in your face (If she is buff support she doesnt need to kill anything anyway)

What are you using Eirika for anyway?

What will happen is that the day after you spend the feathers, IS will announce the next batch of Legendary weapon refinements and the one for Sieglinde will be more suitable for whichever nature you didn't promote.

Mine is spd/res for what it's worth, but I can probably count the number of kills she's gotten since hitting level 40 using my digits, if toes are included. I kind of regret using both a Hinata and an Abel on her because of that (she's Fury Swordbreaker)

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Mine is spd/res for what it's worth, but I can probably count the number of kills she's gotten since hitting level 40 using my digits, if toes are included. I kind of regret using both a Hinata and an Abel on her because of that (she's Fury Swordbreaker)

That is her typical set, why do you regret it?

You're not supposed to be using her to kill, because everyone knows she's not really good at it lol She's called a buff bot for a reason. Fury Swordbreaker is just to help her hack through all the other SUPER fast sword units in the game while increasing her bulk so she doesnt get one shot by anything 

If you wanted Eirika to be a murderer you should have waited for +Atk or something heh

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

What will happen is that the day after you spend the feathers, IS will announce the next batch of Legendary weapon refinements and the one for Sieglinde will be more suitable for whichever nature you didn't promote.

Atk refine for +Spd, Spd refine for +Atk :Kappa:

@Arcanite The catch is that I didn't see much difference +SPD vs Neutral SPD for defense in the simulator. The simulators aren't gospel and really only give a rough idea. However, I can't think of a single time my Eirika has been doubled. But like normal I run swordbreaker and many of the fast units that can double her naturally are swords. In addition I don't play stupid(usually) so that may be why I don't recall seeing it happen.

Basically who are you preventing doubling her with +SPD? Does it actually make a difference in her survival? How many rounds per battle do you facetank with her? As to the latter even when she is supporting I generally only need to soak a single round with her. So for me a survival of even 1HP after fury's damage is perfectly fine for me. I have just never had a situation where I was "Darn if she was +spd she would have lived".

17 minutes ago, Usana said:

The catch is that I didn't see much difference +SPD vs Neutral SPD for defense in the simulator.

Well what kind of simulator is it?

Cause if it's Kagerchart then everything will just have their base sets, and nobody runs their base sets anymore so

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

That is her typical set, why do you regret it?

You're not supposed to be using her to kill, because everyone knows she's not really good at it lol She's called a buff bot for a reason. Fury Swordbreaker is just to help her hack through all the other SUPER fast sword units in the game while increasing her bulk so she doesnt get one shot by anything 

If you wanted Eirika to be a murderer you should have waited for +Atk or something heh

Atk refine for +Spd, Spd refine for +Atk :Kappa:

I regret it because I could have given those rare skills to someone who actually does fight on a regular basis. I could have given Eirika some cheaper skills for now and not really missed out on much. Poor Xander is still stuck with Fury 2 and he fights far more often. But hey, the refine might change that so here's hoping.

34 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I regret it because I could have given those rare skills to someone who actually does fight on a regular basis. I could have given Eirika some cheaper skills for now and not really missed out on much. Poor Xander is still stuck with Fury 2 and he fights far more often. But hey, the refine might change that so here's hoping.

Ah I see what you mean

usually I just dont bother with building someone if I dont have everything they'd need but.... poor Xander :/

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Well what kind of simulator is it?

Cause if it's Kagerchart then everything will just have their base sets, and nobody runs their base sets anymore so

I tend to use Andu2 since it has two built in lists* so I can do quick rough comparisons without having to hunt down and import custom lists. I only ever use Kagerochart for individual duels. But outside of direct duels simulators can only give rather rough estimates of how something will perform since builds faced can vary so much. So personal experience is just about as important, even if such anecdotal evidence tends to be inherently biased. Hence the question of what units you have faced where a difference of 3 speed would have gotten your Eirika doubled. Between stat boosted enemies in PVE and some rather blistering fast PVP builds I know that it is possible for it to make a difference on paper, but I just have never personally ran into it in practice. But Eirika is effectively on my B-Team so she gets less exposure to the toughest battles than my more mainstay units.

So yeah was just curious if you ever recalled a specific scenario when the 3 speed had made a difference was all. I would have possibly said something similar about the attack boon, but as I mentioned originally the simulator showed an improved win count with +ATK vs +SPD so apparently there are situations even if I don't personally recall any where the 3 ATK was important.

*I tend to use the Sundere's list when I want to compare a buffed unit vs other buffed units and the 700-710 Tally list when I just want to compare units without buffs from allies.

So I saw the new upcoming heroes and saw that hone dragons will be coming soon so i thought to build up some of my other dragon units for a future dragon team. I've got both ninian and nowi ready and started looking at adult tiki. Now my question is which iv is better? +atk or +def? Both have -spd bane. I would have probably picked def before but with weapon refinery and sacred seals, I'm considering +atk because of the heavy blade seal. Her atk gets up pretty high and if I add more to her atk with something like atk+3 or fury it would make procing her special much faster right? Would this be a good idea?

I recently pulled a 5* Rebecca. Yes, that kind of horror.

Thing is, her nature's really good, and I have a 4* one sitting there with a bunch of skills learned. Should I promote the 4* one to get a merge level or will simply merging for the skills be fine? (5* is +Atk/-Def, 4* is +Spd/-HP)

I also have a +Atk/-Spd and a +Spd/-HP Klein that I'm mulling on. Who's more worth keeping, and is it always better to get +Atk Klein?

Edited by Dayni

On 1/19/2018 at 11:28 PM, Xenomata said:

So uhh... I wasn't expecting to get a fodderable Hector anytime soon, but I did, and I'm happy and all, but... I dunno who to give Distant Counter to.

Logic would dictate I give it to someone on my Arena Team (which consists of WE!Tharja, WE!Robin, and my main Hector, with Robin not having DC, plus whoever is the bonus unit), but Robin already runs Brazen Atk/Spd 3 decently well and I'm a little scared I'd lose a lot of potential power if I go for DC on him. Here's a full list of all the units that either want DC or I've thought would be good with DC.

Reveal hidden contents

Arden (would also be given Slaying Edge+ with Defense forge)

Sigurd (+Spd -Def)

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk)

Azura (+Res -HP)

Shiro (+Def -Spd, would give him QR3 as well)

Winter Envoy Robin (+Spd -Res)

Effie (+Atk -Res)

Clive (probably not actually, but I said I thought he'd be good with it)

Hinoka (+Def -Spd, would give her QR3 as well)

Brave Ike (+Atk -Res)

Performing Arts Azura (+Atk -Def, would probably also give Emerald Axe+ if I wanted her to be a Blue Killer)

Amelia (+Atk -Spd, would give her QR3 as well)

Winter Envoy Lissa (+Atk -Def)

Hoshidan New Year Azura (+Atk -Def, might also give Emerald Axe+)

Sheena (+Def -Spd, 4*)

Titania (+Res -HP, 4*)

I wanna ask again, mainly because I have a week to ponder the question while I'm in Tier 19.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I recently pulled a 5* Rebecca. Yes, that kind of horror.

Thing is, her nature's really good, and I have a 4* one sitting there with a bunch of skills learned. Should I promote the 4* one to get a merge level or will simply merging for the skills be fine?

What are the natures?

I'd personally merge since Rebecca will get a +1 to speed

(Sorry for double posting, but for some reason I'm not able to edit my first post...)

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What are the natures?

I'd personally merge since Rebecca will get a +1 to speed

(Sorry for double posting, but for some reason I'm not able to edit my first post...)

Knew I forgot something. The 4* is +Spd/-HP and the 5* is +Atk/-Def.

On your question, I'd lean towards Amelia, Sheena or Titania if you have plans for them already. Sigurd could also be a good choice, but Close Def isn't exactly a still that'd be easy to replace.

Edited by Dayni

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wanna ask again, mainly because I have a week to ponder the question while I'm in Tier 19.

Like you wrote, Robins A-Skill is already great. My only 2 spare Hectors went to Sigurd and Titania and I'm quite content with the decision so far. 

Titania with Emerald+, DC, QR and Iceberg became my best blue mage counter. 

Sigurd (buffed or with green tome breaker) became my 100% Nino counter. DC breaks his B-Skill (except against Brave bows and Dire Thunder), but I prefer a unit that kills on counter than a unit that survives everything but doesn't kill anything. 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I still insist that Brave Ike will never let you down.

Here is mine, take a look and decide for yourself. His IV is +ATK -DEF but still stand strong against physical unit.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180124-195930.thumb.png.943b4e63f9153cb8adc34a5d82f90d38.png

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I still insist that Brave Ike will never let you down.

Here is mine, take a look and decide for yourself. His IV is +ATK -DEF but still stand strong against physical unit.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180124-195930.thumb.png.943b4e63f9153cb8adc34a5d82f90d38.png

Believe me, I more than know it, I've almost lost entire Arena streaks because of DC Brave Ike.

It's just one of those "I only have one shot at this and I really don't wanna screw it up" deals that only having one opinion makes me uncomfortable with. Plus Steady Breath is a good skill.

Thing about DC Bike is that it kinda just turns him into an expensive Dorcas to a large extent.

Titania is always a safe and common choice and you can easily switch up natures in future, same goes for Effie (and you get to pass Goad as well as a bonus) but I wonder how much that -res hurts her as mage bait. Beyond those, I wonder if Blue Titania (Mathilda) as a horse Eirika counter might become a thing.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Plus Steady Breath is a good skill.

It's not like you give up his Steady Breath. You can switch back any time on PVE content. It's just that DC is much more useful on arena.