"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Thing about DC Bike is that it kinda just turns him into an expensive Dorcas to a large extent.

The differrence is Dorcas doesn't have Urvan. He can't safely tank Bow Lyn without Deflect Missile or Distant Def while B! Ike can tank many thing right away and hit back hard.

Sorry for double post, I just reply as fast as I read

Edited by Ginko

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ginko said:

The differrence is Dorcas doesn't have Urvan. He can't safely tank Bow Lyn without Deflect Missile or Distant Def while B! Ike can tank many thing right away and hit back hard.

Yeah, but once you equip Distant Counter, the Urvan effect coverage is reduced to countering Brave Bow or Desperation builds. It also stops you from charging Aether that round. Sure, in many cases that's fine, but unlike some other units, DC isn't a direct upgrade here.

Personally I don't see a lot of Brave Bow Bowlyn but that depends on one's arena level I suppose.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, but once you equip Distant Counter, the Urvan effect coverage is reduced to countering Brave Bow or Desperation builds. It also stops you from charging Aether that round. Sure, in many cases that's fine, but unlike some other units, DC isn't a direct upgrade here.

Personally I don't see a lot of Brave Bow Bowlyn but that depends on one's arena level I suppose.

Urvan also has the Killer weapon effect on it, meaning you can run Bonfire or Ignis if you're looking for performance over Arena score.

Being able to counterattack is also generally better than letting the opponent hit you for free.

My Brave Ike [+Atk, -HP] also runs Distant Counter (usually with the Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal and Quick Riposte 3 instead of Beorc's Blessing), and I don't regret that decision at all.

@Xenomata

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It is easy to kite B Ike with a mage and a unit with reposition. With his low Res, the reduction for the second hit is not a problem. DC solves this problem.

35 minutes ago, Reiska said:

Is there a way to farm SP at all for units with garbage offense that isn't soul-crushing?  38/37 atk/spd, specifically.

Define "soul-crushing".

Just now, Reiska said:

Ideally something where gaining more than 3 SP per battle is feasible, since I need 350 of it.

Wait until double SP time, on Friday/Saturday.  Then it'll be 6 SP per battle.  You'll only need 59 kills!

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'd personally merge since Rebecca will get a +1 to speed

I actually did it, but sadly she got the +1 to attack instead, the two were even before the merge.

Likely use my next refine on her instead of MechaWendy after all, I still don't know what to give Wendy but +Spd makes sense for Rebecca.

11 hours ago, Reiska said:

Is there a way to farm SP at all for units with garbage offense that isn't soul-crushing?  38/37 atk/spd, specifically.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Wait until double SP time, on Friday/Saturday.  Then it'll be 6 SP per battle.  You'll only need 59 kills!

Adding to that, if you have not completed Chain Challenges on Normal yet, I highly recommend using them to grind for SP. Just remember to surrender on the tenth map instead of completing it! If you complete it accidentally, then you cannot grind that specific Chain Challenge efficiently anymore, so just be careful.

If you have any units with the appropriate Valor skills, they are also super helpful too.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What is the preferred Boon for Draug: +Atk or +Spd?

+Atk is generally better. +Spd is not bad, but +Atk works better with his Brave Sword. +Atk is also generally the best nature for most other Weapons and builds. +Spd is generally the best with Firesweep Weapons, but I do not think Firesweep Sword suits Draug due to his abysmal Movement.

55 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Will ask again since my question was skipped but what adult tiki is better? +def/-spd or +atk/-spd with heavy blade seal? This willl be for a future dragon team if i ever get myrhh.

The nature depends on what you need her to do for your team and what her build is.

If she is running Triangle Adept, +Def is generally better since she is already dealing massive damage to greens. If she is running Fury or Steady Breath, then I leans towards +Atk for more coverage. If there is a specific enemy that you need to counter, then you may need to play around with the calculator and see which one fits your team's needs better.

I do not recommend using Heavy Blade unless she runs Fury and/or can consistently get buffs. Her Attack is not bad, but it is still too low to reliably activate Heavy Blade if she does not have help. Even with Fury, you may still want to buff her Attack against higher merged units.

You may also want to consider Bowbreaker-Quick Riposte so A!Tiki can counter BH!Lyn in addition to whatever greens she also naturally counters.

Speaking of Adult Tiki, if I use her to counter Brave Lyn, is +Def/-HP better or my new +Atk/-Spd Tiki?

I'm also a bit torn on what Lukas to use. I just pulled a 4 star +Atk/-Res one although I already trained up a +Def/-Spd one (not 5 star yet though). They're both pretty good boons, and I do mainly use him for QR counters, but then it would also feel like a waste throwing away a +Atk/-Res one. (I think Res is his least useful stat right?)

Edited by mcsilas

44 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Adult Tiki, if I use her to counter Brave Lyn, is +Def/-HP better or my new +Atk/-Spd Tiki?

I'm also a bit torn on what Lukas to use. I just pulled a 4 star +Atk/-Res one although I already trained up a +Def/-Spd one (not 5 star yet though). They're both pretty good boons, and I do mainly use him for QR counters, but then it would also feel like a waste throwing away a +Atk/-Res one. (I think Res is his least useful stat right?)

A!Tiki needs Bowbreaker to reliably counter BH!Lyn, so whichever nature you use depends on the rest of her build. Quick Riposte-Distant Defense does work against BH!Lyn of similar merge levels if she got Fury and/or buffs, but it does not work too well if BH!Lyn is significantly higher in merges. If she is running Steady Breath, then I do not think Bowbreaker is necessary against Brave Bow BH!Lyn, but she might still need Bowbreaker against Mulagir.

I almost always prefer +Atk for general purpose Enemy Phase builds since that nature gets the highest kill count. If you can afford it, I would just build two of him, one for Enemy Phase and one for Player Phase. I think Speed is a little more useless since Lukas can still somewhat use his abysmal Resistance to help tank red mages and dragons. Lukas's Speed is so low that it is better to just dump it and make it go as low as possible, especially for Enemy Phase build so he can get doubled consistently to activate higher cool down Specials.

Edited by XRay

@Lukas Okay, thanks for the insight.

As for Tiki, well she's either getting Quick Riposte skill or as a B skill. If it's a seal then yeah definitely giving her Bowbreaker. I have 2 spare Setsunas.

Not sure who else would be a good Bowbreaker user. I already gave one to Raven +Def/-Res Boey and a +Atk Gordin as a cheap Brave Lyn counter

Candidates right now would be:

-a +Atk/-Spd Sophia (although Lyon is coming so maybe him as well? I know he has less merge potential but I rarely get Sophias at the moment and would rather just promote him for immediate use since Sophia needs 22k for Henry's tome plus 20k if I 5 star her)

- +Def/-Spd Nowi, since blue is a really good colour as well.

- NY Corrin, since he has pretty good defense as well, so an alternate AA unit once Gordin is used up

-Leon? maybe? He's +Spd/-HP if that's a factor/

Also puuled a +Spd/-Res Draug, but would my trained +Def/-Res be better? I know Draug used to have a niche because of his Spd but I guess BK/Zelgius existing means his Spd stat isn't that wanted as a stat anymore?

32 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Not sure who else would be a good Bowbreaker user. I already gave one to Raven +Def/-Res Boey and a +Atk Gordin as a cheap Brave Lyn counter

Candidates right now would be:

-a +Atk/-Spd Sophia (although Lyon is coming so maybe him as well? I know he has less merge potential but I rarely get Sophias at the moment and would rather just promote him for immediate use since Sophia needs 22k for Henry's tome plus 20k if I 5 star her)

- +Def/-Spd Nowi, since blue is a really good colour as well.

- NY Corrin, since he has pretty good defense as well, so an alternate AA unit once Gordin is used up

-Leon? maybe? He's +Spd/-HP if that's a factor/

Also puuled a +Spd/-Res Draug, but would my trained +Def/-Res be better? I know Draug used to have a niche because of his Spd but I guess BK/Zelgius existing means his Spd stat isn't that wanted as a stat anymore?

I'm cheering for Sophia and NY Corrin.

Sophia can switch around Bowbreaker and Swordbreaker. She can body block sword user in some situation too.

NY Corrin will be very cheap just slap it on and ready to use. But lack coverage unless you give him Quick Riposte instead. Sophia will do more job than him.

Nowi deserve QR too but if you hate Bow Lyn then Bowbreaker on her won't let you down.

For Leon, I made him with player phase  brave bow build with Cancel Affirnity (+atk,-res). Enemy phase build is not good at him anymore since HW! Jacob steal the spot and do better.

Edited by Ginko

@Ginko Okay,, cool. I mean she does kind of need Bowbreaker to stop Brave Lyn anyway. I already have Swordbreaker on her though so that's something, she just needs a Raven Tome

Good point on the Leon.

Actually I forgot one more candidate that I was thinking of- Halloween Henry. Since he's my only ranged unit in my arena armour team, I thought if I give him Bowbreaker (and QR seal) maybe he'd do okay? (Might also give him Gronnraven down the liine although not sure if refining Spectral Tome is better for more points) He's +Def/-HP and has Fury 3- at the very least he'll survive if he had Raven tome but Fury damage limits his use (also no TA fodder right now but I think he still survives with Fury's boost)

4 hours ago, XRay said:

+Atk is generally better. +Spd is not bad, but +Atk works better with his Brave Sword. +Atk is also generally the best nature for most other Weapons and builds. +Spd is generally the best with Firesweep Weapons, but I do not think Firesweep Sword suits Draug due to his abysmal movement.

Yeah, I’m thinking on the very long term here so the weapons I am considering are Armorsmasher+ and Slaying Edge+. -HP is the obvious Bane to pick since weapon refinery can fix that up along with merges so it’s pretty much picking Boons and skills.

Should I stick to a +spd -atk horse eirika or try to get a better natured one?

Likewise, should I keep a +res -def myrrh or try for a better one?

Not looking for the most optimal natures, just something that's not awful.

1 minute ago, Skfoos said:

Likewise, should I keep a +res -def myrrh or try for a better one?

Not looking for the most optimal natures, just something that's not awful.

+spd -anything is fantastic for anyone you want to build as a Blade mage, assuming you want to go that way.

Yeah if you are going to Blade Eirika the -ATK isn't going to hit her too hard. It isn't great, unless you were going to try and go for a high level merge of her I would probably save orbs for something else.

Myrrh is another story. -DEF really hurts her weapon's niche. Of course if you were just going to slap Lightning Breath on her 32/34 aren't terrible defenses. My Nowi does just fine hitting 34/34 with Fury. So yeah, if you wanted her to be a better Fae you are fine. If you wanted to play with her unique weapon/role. . . yeouch. Wait. Her Defense is a super bane? Holy ouchies. Anyways with a BST of 167(seriously that is Armor level BST right there) no bane is going to render her awful. But it does limit her weapon to only picking on low'ish defense units.  Basically 27 or lower. 31 or lower is just so much better if you ask me. Ayra, Chrom, Joshua, Mia, Male Corrin, Ogma, Palla, Soliel, NY!Camilla ,etc all are blocked from doubling at neutral, but can double against a bane. And she really doesn't want the above units doubling her. Though to be fair they aren't exactly units you would prefer her to duel anyways. There are far fewer greens in that range, but Spring Chrom, regular Camilla, and Barste all land in it. But she can soak doubles from them more easily.

TL;DR - both sets of Boon/Bane are quite serviceable in at least one type of build, but if I could pick only 1 to reroll I would reroll Myrrh. I mean I really want a +DEF Myrrh to play with. That just sounds like something new and fun to play around with. Rather than going 'standard dragon'.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

The nature depends on what you need her to do for your team and what her build is.

If she is running Triangle Adept, +Def is generally better since she is already dealing massive damage to greens. If she is running Fury or Steady Breath, then I leans towards +Atk for more coverage. If there is a specific enemy that you need to counter, then you may need to play around with the calculator and see which one fits your team's needs better.

I do not recommend using Heavy Blade unless she runs Fury and/or can consistently get buffs. Her Attack is not bad, but it is still too low to reliably activate Heavy Blade if she does not have help. Even with Fury, you may still want to buff her Attack against higher merged units.

You may also want to consider Bowbreaker-Quick Riposte so A!Tiki can counter BH!Lyn in addition to whatever greens she also naturally counters.

Hmmm, I guess her position in the team will depend on what kind of IV i get for myrhh whenever I get one. Though which IV would be better in dealing with BH lyn? In my team now, I don't think anyone can deal with her.

Edit: another question I thought to ask. What's nowi's best iv to deal with falchion users? I've built a more general use nowi that has a +spd boon. Can't remember exactly her bane but i think it was hp. With that iv can she be built to deal with falchion or should i look for a new nowi?

Edited by ScarletSylph

1 hour ago, Skfoos said:

personally, I would give up with -atk +spd Erika and pass that delicious Swift Sparrow to anyone else who really need it.

Edited by Ginko