"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Hmmm, I guess her position in the team will depend on what kind of IV i get for myrhh whenever I get one. Though which IV would be better in dealing with BH lyn? In my team now, I don't think anyone can deal with her.

Edit: another question I thought to ask. What's nowi's best iv to deal with falchion users? I've built a more general use nowi that has a +spd boon. Can't remember exactly her bane but i think it was hp. With that iv can she be built to deal with falchion or should i look for a new nowi?

It does not matter what nature A!Tiki runs as long as she runs Bowbreaker. A!Tiki needs Bowbreaker to reliably shut BH!Lyn down.

Against Lucina [+10, +Atk, -Def, Falchion, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow, Attack +3], Nowi +0 needs +Atk, Triangle Adept, and Attack +3 to one round Lucina, unless Lucina runs +Res and Resistance +3 for some reason. Another option that can survive any kind of Lucina is to go with Triangle Adept and Close Def along with both/either +Def and/or Defense Refinement, but Nowi will take massive damage against Attack stacked Lucina since Nowi will be doubled. If Nowi is running Swordbreaker, then she does not need Triangle Adept and she can focus less on stacking Defense.

22 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Is -Res or -HP more optimal for Marth?

I pulled a +Spd/-Def L'Arachel. What can I do with that, and should I try for better IVs?

- Res is better for Marth, it preserves HP for Falchion medicing.

It sounds like you got the best possible nature for the Rachel.

3 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Edit: another question I thought to ask. What's nowi's best iv to deal with falchion users? I've built a more general use nowi that has a +spd boon. Can't remember exactly her bane but i think it was hp. With that iv can she be built to deal with falchion or should i look for a new nowi?

If Nowi is running Triangle Adept, +Atk allows her to one-hit kill pretty much every Falchion user that matters that isn't running Cancel Affinity. If you have Hone Dragons support, Nowi should be fine regardless of her nature (as long as a later update doesn't allow Falchion to ignore buffs).

If Nowi is not running Triangle Adept, you absolutely need to run Swordbreaker to deal with Lucina, and if Nowi is running Swordbreaker, it doesn't matter what nature she is.

*groan*

So I was pulling on the Sacred Memories banner and my pity breaker was a 5-Star Kagero with +HP/-Spd.

...I don't know what to say.  Do you think she's salvageable, or should I just shred her to Feathers so I can promote someone better?

1 hour ago, ScarletSylph said:

Last question though, what is nowi's best bane as a falchion killer?

Spd or Res.

Spd is irrelevant when you one-hit kill, even more so if running Swordbreaker since you will always double on initiation.

Res is also irrelevant because swords target Def.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

*groan*

So I was pulling on the Sacred Memories banner and my pity breaker was a 5-Star Kagero with +HP/-Spd.

...I don't know what to say.  Do you think she's salvageable, or should I just shred her to Feathers so I can promote someone better?

An alternative solution is to use her to give another Dagger the Poison Dagger+, but since all daggers have received much-needed buffs I don't actually know how viable it is to hold on to Poison Dagger+, plus Kagero was already the best user of it anyways...

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

An alternative solution is to use her to give another Dagger the Poison Dagger+, but since all daggers have received much-needed buffs I don't actually know how viable it is to hold on to Poison Dagger+, plus Kagero was already the best user of it anyways...

Sothe does the Poison Dagger build better than Kagero due to having +1 Atk and Spd relative to Kagero.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sothe does the Poison Dagger build better than Kagero due to having +1 Atk and Spd relative to Kagero.

Oh yeah, he does also have natural Life and Death 3 (at 4* apparently to, assuming the Gamepedia wiki info is true and not someones hopeful dreams). Guess it'll be a while before it settles in that Sothe exists and is better than Kagero in every way...

If anything, Poison Dagger would be a nice crutch to have when going into Arena Assault, like having 5-7 Gronnraven users, or Squad Assault. Probably no more than 1 or 2 users though, since the dagger is worthless against meta teams.

Edited by Xenomata

Planning ahead for my next 4-to-5 potential unlocking. I used my first 20k feathers to get me a +1 NY!Corrin (raising the 4-star one to a 5 to merge with the 5 earned later).

I was originally going to unlock Oliver or Reinhardt's potential next, but I whaled for L'Arachel because I like her. I'm low on green units, so would I be better off raising Anna to 5 stars?

50 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Planning ahead for my next 4-to-5 potential unlocking. I used my first 20k feathers to get me a +1 NY!Corrin (raising the 4-star one to a 5 to merge with the 5 earned later).

I was originally going to unlock Oliver or Reinhardt's potential next, but I whaled for L'Arachel because I like her. I'm low on green units, so would I be better off raising Anna to 5 stars?

Raising Anna to 5* will give you a bonus unit for Arena every 4th(?) (It used to be third, but now Fjorm seems to be in the rotation, too.) season, and she's a decent Axe user if you're low on Greens.

Other great Greens that are easy to get would be Nino, with a solid base kit, or Cecilia if you have a Horse Emblem team.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Raising Anna to 5* will give you a bonus unit for Arena every 4th(?) (It used to be third, but now Fjorm seems to be in the rotation, too.) season, and she's a decent Axe user if you're low on Greens.

Other great Greens that are easy to get would be Nino, with a solid base kit, or Cecilia if you have a Horse Emblem team.

I do have Cecilia in my pile of 4-stars, she's +Spd -Res. As for my current green 5-stars:

• Brave Ike (chose at the start, so neutral)
  • Minerva +(can't remember if Spd or Atk) -HP (good enough, Life and Death ensures she's pretty much a glass cannon)
  • Titania (can't remember, but it must have been decent if I merged my 4*+2  into her)
  • Merric +HP -Def
  • Sheena +Res -Atk (ouch)

Side note: Love the FEH style Bridal Titania in your sig.

4 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I do have Cecilia in my pile of 4-stars, she's +Spd -Res. As for my current green 5-stars:

• Minerva +(can't remember if Spd or Atk) -HP (good enough, Life and Death ensures she's pretty much a glass cannon)
  • Titania (can't remember, but it must have been decent if I merged my 4*+2  into her)
  • Merric +HP -Def

Promoting the Askr trio is fine if you plan to actively use them, but doing so purely for the sake of having arena feathers is a false economy. Assuming the best case scenario where having them always means staying in tier 20 and not having them means always dropping, that's a net 600 feathers a week gain from having all three promoted to five-star. That means a break even point of 100 weeks, with the assumption you never have any other bonus unit ever. And that was *before* Fjorm was added to the rotation, so that makes 133 weeks.

Personally I find Anna a little hard to use, as is the case for most high-res melee units without native distant counter. (Titania, while also sharing that kind of stat balance, at least can hard-wall blues because of her Emerald Axe)

+Spd Cecilia is great as a bladetome user, though it's up to you whether you want her as a heavily merged four-star or as a five-star (will be better past +4 merges, since speed is a +4 boon for 5-star Cecilia). However that means also feeding her a Nino, and deciding on whether +4 damage from Gronnblade+ is worth 20k extra feathers in the short term. If you want to keep Cecilia with her native Gronnraven instead (also a very useful build), then +atk would be better.

Actually, in this case 5-starring the Nino anyway and just using her as is is probably the most effective upgrade to your barracks. Down the line, you can give her tome to Cecilia once you get a better Nino.

Edited by Humanoid

7 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

• Merric +HP -Def

Why thank you!  

+Spd is good for Cecilia, since it makes her speed decent with Hone Cavalry and Fury/LaD.

I got a Myrrh with neutral defense, and want to try out dragon team next arena season (ATiki, Ninian, Nowi). Should I give her more defense via A skill (I can use her default Fury or inherit Steady Stance or Earth Boost) or is Fortify Dragons enough for her legendary breath to be useful? If she doesn't need that extra def I would inherit my one Hector's Distant Counter on her. I want to try running Guidance seal on her so more defense from seals isn't an option.

Also planning to use dragons in the future so it's a long term investment.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I got a Myrrh with neutral defense, and want to try out dragon team next arena season (ATiki, Ninian, Nowi). Should I give her more defense via A skill (I can use her default Fury or inherit Steady Stance or Earth Boost) or is Fortify Dragons enough for her legendary breath to be useful? If she doesn't need that extra def I would inherit my one Hector's Distant Counter on her. I want to try running Guidance seal on her so more defense from seals isn't an option.

Also planning to use dragons in the future so it's a long term investment.

Myrrh is flying, so she cannot learn Steady Stance.

42 Def with just Fortify Dragons is already pretty good at activating Great Flame's effect. Among blue units you're basically missing out on merged and/or +Def Nephenee, Shiro, and Bold Fighter Robin.

I am trying to clear Barracks space and see that I have two Bridal Lyns leveled up. Dazzling staff can now be built into the healer's staffs so I am not sure if saving her is any longer necessary(candlelight is nice and all, but I don't find myself using it much). Both Lyn's are +SPD. One is -HP and the other -RES. I am thinking -RES is the better bane. HP is a superbane for one. And two she is quick enough she isn't likely to be doubled much.

Edited by Usana

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Myrrh is flying, so she cannot learn Steady Stance.

42 Def with just Fortify Dragons is already pretty good at activating Great Flame's effect. Among blue units you're basically missing out on merged and/or +Def Nephenee, Shiro, and Bold Fighter Robin.

That's Breath, not Stance. Stances aren't restricted.

Not that she needs to, since you convinced me to go with Distant Counter. Thanks! Maybe I'll give that Steady Stance to Tiki to replace Earth Boost.

@Usana You could inherit Dazzling Staff and refine the weapon with Wrathful to have both.

Edited by Sylphid

27 minutes ago, Usana said:

I am trying to clear Barracks space and see that I have two Bridal Lyns leveled up. Dazzling staff can now be built into the healer's staffs so I am not sure if saving her is any longer necessary(candlelight is nice and all, but I don't find myself using it much). Both Lyn's are +SPD. One is -HP and the other -RES. I am thinking -RES is the better bane. HP is a superbane for one. And two she is quick enough she isn't likely to be doubled much.

You can merge for +1 HP and +1 Spd for even more Spd.

Alternatively, Candlelight+ is a good skill for babysitting units through Training Tower.

10 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

That's Breath, not Stance. Stances aren't restricted.

I can never remember which one is which when I'm feeling sleep-deprived.

Steady Stance basically didn't exist until now because Steady Breath, Distant Def, and Close Def were pretty much equivalent or superior to it until Myrrh existed. (Myrrh is the only case where Steady Stance actually distinguishes itself from Distant Def and Close Def in a relevant way.)