"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can never remember which one is which when I'm feeling sleep-deprived.

Steady Stance basically didn't exist until now because Steady Breath, Distant Def, and Close Def were pretty much equivalent or superior to it until Myrrh existed. (Myrrh is the only case where Steady Stance actually distinguishes itself from Distant Def and Close Def in a relevant way.)

I almost wrote Breath instead of Stance in my original post but don't tell anyone

For me the relevant way to distinguish between them is their existence in my barracks. I definitely see what you mean though.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Kaiser said:

I have 2 myrrh with the same IV (+res, -spd). I'm not sure if I should merge them together or inherit hone dragons to my A.Tiki for the dragon emblem team. Is the benefit of having 2 different users of hone dragons worth it?

I think it is worth it. Hone Dragons on another unit allows you to buff Myrrh herself so she has an easier time killing things in one shot.

I personally would save it for Y!Tiki, but A!Tiki is fine too.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:47 AM, Humanoid said:

Actually, in this case 5-starring the Nino anyway and just using her as is is probably the most effective upgrade to your barracks. Down the line, you can give her tome to Cecilia once you get a better Nino.

I didn't have Nino yet, bu justt got one +Atk -HP at 3 stars. Another 2,000 feathers down. So it's safe to say she should be a higher priority than Anna?

It's not like my Merric is -Atk. He's perfectly usable in the meantime.

16 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I didn't have Nino yet, bu justt got one +Atk -HP at 3 stars. Another 2,000 feathers down. So it's safe to say she should be a higher priority than Anna?

It's not like my Merric is -Atk. He's perfectly usable in the meantime.

Nino's been in the game since launch and several premium 5-star exclusive green mages have been added to the game since then ...but Nino is still better than them all. One of the best choices for an early promotion not just for greens but for any colour.

I reckon if the FEH community was polled about the best 5-star promotions in the game, you'd have Reinhardt and Nino competing for top spot, and daylight behind them.

EDIT: +Spd is preferred over +Atk ideally but she's still scary-good regardless. I had a +Atk one for months until I got a +Spd one, at which point I fed the passed the old one's skills to Cecilia and promoted the new one.

Edited by Humanoid

41 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Nino's been in the game since launch and several premium 5-star exclusive green mages have been added to the game since then ...but Nino is still better than them all. One of the best choices for an early promotion not just for greens but for any colour.

I reckon if the FEH community was polled about the best 5-star promotions in the game, you'd have Reinhardt and Nino competing for top spot, and daylight behind them.

EDIT: +Spd is preferred over +Atk ideally but she's still scary-good regardless. I had a +Atk one for months until I got a +Spd one, at which point I fed the passed the old one's skills to Cecilia and promoted the new one.

+Atk -Spd is the ideal choice for Reinhardt, is it? So he'd be next in line?

Rounding out my green units, my two Myrrhs: +Atk -Def and +Spd -Res. Less than ideal, which to use?

I"m no stranger to bad natures. I'm stuck with +Spd -Atk on my Sothe, but the other one I pulled had -Spd, which is probably worse.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Rounding out my green units, my two Myrrhs: +Atk -Def and +Spd -Res. Less than ideal, which to use?

I"m no stranger to bad natures. I'm stuck with +Spd -Atk on my Sothe, but the other one I pulled had -Spd, which is probably worse.

+atk -def can be used if you give up her default weapon and use Lightning Breath+ instead also +spd on her would be more useless.

For Sothe, you pick any IV you want easier because he was demoted to 4 stars.

Colorless won't be that hell anymore. We've got Sothe as new Life and Death fodder along with his double spur which is awesome.

2 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

So it's safe to say she should be a higher priority than Anna?

If you will use Nino on your Arena team every week, then yes. If you are using her for just Arena Assault, I would prioritize Anna as Nino works fine at 4*+10.

This is generally how I prioritize units for resource distribution:
1. three member Arena core (for me, it is BH!Lyn, Olivia, Reinhardt)
2. Askr Trio and Arena core substitutes (Azura, BB!Cordelia, ranged cavalry)
3. Arena Assault Team 1 (armor team)
4. Arena Assault Teams 2 to 7
5. Quests (usually Grand Hero Battle units), Tempest Trials (Bonus units, Falchion Medics), Training Tower (Healers, Valor units), etc.

Promoting the Askr Trio makes life easier, especially when you need to do quests for them. Being able to deal an extra 7 or 14 damage ([Exclusive - SIlver] + [5* Atk - 4* Atk]) makes them a lot more reliable and less frustrating to use.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

+Atk or +Spd are both "perfect." Once she activates Brazen Atk/Spd and Desperation, +Atk is better. For first round performance and Life and Death, +Spd is better. With a huge variety of skills currently available, as long as the nature is better than neutral, most good natures are perfect for one build or another build.

Nino -HP
Gronnblade
Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation
Speed +3 Sacred Seal
4/4/0/0
HP 20/30
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [+Atk] 161:20:32
Player Phase [+Spd] 155:18:40

Nino -HP
Gronnblade
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3 Sacred Seal
4/4/0/0
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [+Atk] 105:54:54
Player Phase [+Spd] 109:56:48
Player Phase [+Atk, HP 20/30] 127:36:50
Player Phase [+Spd, HP 20/30] 144:22:47

+Atk -Spd is the ideal choice for Reinhardt, is it? So he'd be next in line?

I prefer -HP/Def/Res. Having enough Speed allows him to deal with Nowi more easily with Watersweep-Phantom Speed.

I lean towards +Spd for preventing follow-up attacks. She can have Fortify Dragon buffs to patch her Resistance. +Atk can be patched with Hone Dragons too, but even with buffs, she cannot handle BH!Lyn [+10, +Atk, Brave Bow, Swift Sparrow, Attack +3]. Both natures can handle Reinhardt [+10, +Atk, Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow, Quickened Pulse].

I tested her with the following build:
+Spd, -Res
Great Flame, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Iote's Shield
0/0/6/6

I will second the +SPD Myrrh. It may seem useless since you use your defense to prevent doubles, but there are units that can invalidate her weapon's effect and can double a SPD bane Myrrh easily enough, or even spd neutral. With a spd boon a unit would need both 34+ spd AND 32+DEF* in order to double instead of 30+ and 32+. And her supposed best bane of -SPD is 27+ spd and 32+ defense. Guess which conditions are easier to reach? For reference Hector can manage to double the SPD bane if he is a SPD Boon and Neutral Brave Ike can also do it. So yeah, I am tempted to say RES is her best Bane. I don't recall it affecting her matchups much. HP is probably a close second.

*Minerva(without Life and Death), Summer Tiki, Summer Xander, Sigurd, Ike, Zelgius, Saber, Draug, Seth, Young Tiki, Valter, Shiro, NY Corrin all can double neutral Myrrh(without buffs being taken into play) but fail to double +SPD Myrrh. Admittedly many of these are matchups better avoided regardless, aren't too common(How many people run Minerva without Life and Death?), or may commonly run boons that flip things around. But basically my point is +SPD isn't quite as useless as it first seems if you want to focus purely on denying doubles. Assuming of course I didn't get my numbers mixed up due to lack of sleep.

Edited by Usana

How does Luna compare to Glimmer on a Blade tome build? My Eirikalter has both skills and I'm debating which one is the best special for her. Something of note is that she's going to be using the Heavy Blade seal so the 4 turn CD of Luna is not a worry. 

Also, how does Astra fare against Moonbow if I use her with Gleipnir and the same seal?

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

How does Luna compare to Glimmer on a Blade tome build? My Eirikalter has both skills and I'm debating which one is the best special for her. Something of note is that she's going to be using the Heavy Blade seal so the 4 turn CD of Luna is not a worry. 

Also, how does Astra fare against Moonbow if I use her with Gleipnir and the same seal?

I am going to assume she is +Spd, -Def.

Luna gets more kills, but Glimmer can activate in her first round of combat if she doubles and enemy counters.

Eirika +Spd, -Def
Rauðrblade
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Heavy Blade Sacred Seal
6/6/0/0
Cooldown 0
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [Glimmer] 163:18:32
Player Phase [Luna] 175:17:21

Astra gets more kills, but Moonbow can activate in her first round of combat if she doubles.

Eirika +Spd, -Def
Gleipnir
Heavy Blade Sacred Seal
6/6/0/0
Cooldown 0
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [Moonbow] 129:30:54
Player Phase [Astra] 181:13:19

Edited by XRay

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am going to assume she is +Spd, -Def.

Luna gets more kills, but Glimmer can activate in her first round of combat if she doubles and enemy counters.

Eirika +Spd, -Def
Rauðrblade
Heavy Blade Sacred Seal
6/6/0/0
Cooldown 0
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [Glimmer] 163:18:32
Player Phase [Luna] 175:17:21

Astra gets more kills, but Moonbow can activate in her first round of combat if she doubles.

Eirika +Spd, -Def
Gleipnir
Heavy Blade Sacred Seal
6/6/0/0
Cooldown 0
Enemies +10, +Spd, Fury
Player Phase [Moonbow] 129:30:54
Player Phase [Astra] 181:13:19

Thanks! 

Looking at those numbers I'll go for Luna in the Blade build although Glimmer seems to only lose by a little so it's not that big of a deal in terms of normal usage. In the Gleipnir build Astra has such an increase in power over Moonbow that I don't see a reason to go for the latter.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! 

Looking at those numbers I'll go for Luna in the Blade build although Glimmer seems to only lose by a little so it's not that big of a deal in terms of normal usage. In the Gleipnir build Astra has such an increase in power over Moonbow that I don't see a reason to go for the latter.

Yeah, I was surprised by the Astra's ratio too. 150% additional damage is pretty crazy if you can activate it frequently.

So, I've been thinking long and hard about putting together a new Arena core since there's only so much I can do with a 2 Horses + Dancer core. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I'd like some input; see if there are good/better options, especially on stuff like IVs, weapon choices, and weapon upgrades. The possible Arena core I am thinking of will be in the spoilers.

Spoiler

Sheena (+Spd/-HP; to be in an ally support with Gwendolyn)
Weapon: +Atk, +Def, or +Res Slaying Axe+/+Atk or +Def Slaying Hammer+
Assist: Rally Def/Res
Special: Aether
A: Distant Counter
B: Quick Riposte 3/Vengeful Fighter 3
C: Armor March 3
S: Def Ploy 3/Atk Ploy 3/Atk Smoke 3

Gwendolyn (+Spd/-HP; to be in an ally support with Sheena)
Weapon: +Atk, +Def, or +Res Slaying Lance+/+Atk or +Def Slaying Spear+
C: Ward Armor

Olivia (+Spd/-HP)
Weapon: (not sure which refinement) Slaying Edge+/+Atk, +Spd, or +Def Armorsmasher+/Ruby Sword+
Assist: Dance
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Drive Def 2/ Drive Res 2/Hone Atk 3
S: Quick Riposte 3

... And Arena Assault lead team in following spoilers:

Spoiler

Sheena x Gwendolyn duo from above

Effie (+Atk/-Spd; to be in an ally support with Draug)
C: Ward Armor/Panic Ploy 3
S: Panic Ploy 3/Heavy Blade 3

Draug (+Atk or +Spd/-HP or -Res; to be in an ally support with Effie)
Weapon: (not sure which refinement) Slaying Edge+/+Atk, +Def, or +Spd Armorsmasher+
S: Atk Smoke 3/Panic Ploy 3

Edited by Roflolxp54

So I wanted to build a Dragon Emblem team after pulling a Myrrh. Myrrh and Nowi are mainstay’s for the team, so who should be the other members? I’ll list the possible natures to choose from for each unit. 

Members to choose from: A!Tiki (+def/-atk), F!Corrin (+res/-atk, +atk/-def, +res/-atk, +res/-spd) Fae (+hp/-res)

Also, my current Nowi has a bad nature. What nature should be used to replace her? +res/-hp or +hp/-atk? Or should I wait to get a better version of Nowi to promote

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sheena (+Spd/-HP; to be in an ally support with Gwendolyn)
Weapon: +Atk, +Def, or +Res Slaying Axe+/+Atk or +Def Slaying Hammer+

Gwendolyn (+Spd/-HP; to be in an ally support with Sheena)
C: Ward Armor

Olivia (+Spd/-HP)
Weapon: (not sure which refinement) Slaying Edge+/+Atk, +Spd, or +Def Armorsmasher+/Ruby Sword+
Assist: Dance
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Drive Def 2/ Drive Res 2/Hone Atk 3
S: Quick Riposte 3

If you are running a traditional Distant Counter armor team, I would not run a Dancer/Singer. Pure Enemy Phase teams have little use for Dancers/Singers in my opinion.

I am also a bit iffy on Armor March since your armor units can run Swap to reorganize their formation faster.

Other than those two things, I think everything else is fine.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

... And Arena Assault lead team in following spoilers:

Again, I would replace Armor March with Ward Armor, but everything else looks good.

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So I wanted to build a Dragon Emblem team after pulling a Myrrh. Myrrh and Nowi are mainstay’s for the team, so who should be the other members? I’ll list the possible natures to choose from for each unit. 

Members to choose from: A!Tiki (+def/-atk), F!Corrin (+res/-atk, +atk/-def, +res/-atk, +res/-spd) Fae (+hp/-res)

Also, my current Nowi has a bad nature. What nature should be used to replace her? +res/-hp or +hp/-atk? Or should I wait to get a better version of Nowi to promote

I would wait until you get better natures. It is fine to grind SP and merge them, just do not promote any to 5* yet.

For Nowi, [+Res, -HP] is not great, but it is not bad.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are running a traditional Distant Counter armor team, I would not run a Dancer/Singer. Pure Enemy Phase teams have little use for Dancers/Singers in my opinion.

I am also a bit iffy on Armor March since your armor units can run Swap to reorganize their formation faster.

Other than those two things, I think everything else is fine.

Again, I would replace Armor March with Ward Armor, but everything else looks good.

Are there any specific weapon refinements (for all listed units; I’m having trouble picking) you’d recommend as well as IVs for Draug? I’m thinking +Atk/-HP though would it be better call to compromise his already low Res or to go all in for Atk or Spd? Like one possibility is go Atk Boon and Spd refinement. Or should I go Atk Boon and improve his Def?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I would wait until you get better natures. It is fine to grind SP and merge them, just do not promote any to 5* yet.

For Nowi, [+Res, -HP] is not great, but it is not bad.

Got it. I’ll wait to promote till I get better Iv’s.

I’m gonna probably wait to promote the +res/-hp Nowi until I get a better nature.

Two semi-related questions.

First, the easy one: Should I use the upcoming 5* TT Marisa reward for fodder? And for what, Wo Dao+ or Infantry Pulse?

Seeing as how there's already so many swords in the game, most of them already pretty good compared to Marisa, I kinda don't feel pressured to need to use the 5* Marisa over the 4*, so I feel okay using her for skill fodder.

Wo Dao+ is a good sword, and Infantry Pulse I won't deny the usefulness of, though Wo Dao I feel would be a bit of a waste when Karel and Athena already have it (both can be pulled at 5*, and Athena can be pulled at 4*), while Infantry Pulse is a 5* exclusive skill only available on Dorcas normally (Summer Xander as well), but it feels like a very niche skill to pack when there are more reliable skills that cost the same amount of SP, where Wo Dao has a very powerful effect.

Second, is there a way to search for unit builds around the internet by the SKILLS rather than the unit? For instance, if I wanted to see the kind of build units usually use around, for instance, Wo Dao+. And no this isn't me coyly asking how I should use a Wo Dao+, I don't even have one to spare yet, it's just the best example I could think of

Edited by Xenomata

I would probably use her for Infantry Pulse, but I have a 3 Karels and a number of Athena's. In comparison I have no Pulse fodder at all.

I think when you look up a skill on gamepress it also lists which skillsets use it. Not exactly gospel, but a decent place to start I'd imagine.

Does having Renewal 3 help that Falchion users that much? I'm pretty content having Renewal 2, but does gaining 10 HP earlier make that much of a difference if I'm going to have them wait the same exact turn of Falchion's Renewal 2 skill?

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does having Renewal 3 help that Falchion users that much? I'm pretty content having Renewal 2, but does gaining 10 HP earlier make that much of a difference if I'm going to have them wait the same exact turn of Falchion's Renewal 2 skill?

Counting time~!

Renewal 3 triggers every other turn.
Falchion is once every three turn.

Here's the amount of health you'll recover for the first ten turns:

1. 0
2. 10
3. 10
4. 10
5. 0
6. 20
7. 0
8. 10
9. 10
10. 10

etc.

If you're doing, say, the arena, you aren't close enough to engage on the first turn (usually), so it's a moot point.  Turns 2-4 have healing, which may be helpful.  Turn 5 doesn't, and you've probably been in combat by then.  Turn 6's 20 HP gain may or may not be useful, depending on whether or not the battle is over.

Check how many turns you normally take, and what turn(s) you normally take damage on.  If you can time things correctly, the extra health might help.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I would probably use her for Infantry Pulse, but I have a 3 Karels and a number of Athena's. In comparison I have no Pulse fodder at all.

I think when you look up a skill on gamepress it also lists which skillsets use it. Not exactly gospel, but a decent place to start I'd imagine.

It not only lists the skillsets that uses it, but also have some actually pretty informal information about the skill. Thanks, I've not really gone to FEH Gamepress much to know about that.

I also took another look, and most of my Infantry units have terrible HP to begin with, and the ones who don't are either +HP (rarely, thankfully) or I don't use often enough to begin with... I'd probably want more opinions though...

It also kinda sucks because Dorcas has not just Infantry Pulse, but also Fierce Stance and the ever-great Quick Riposte, and is just a great unit in general...

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Counting time~!

Renewal 3 triggers every other turn.
Falchion is once every three turn.

Here's the amount of health you'll recover for the first ten turns:

1. 0
2. 10
3. 10
4. 10
5. 0
6. 20
7. 0
8. 10
9. 10
10. 10

etc.

If you're doing, say, the arena, you aren't close enough to engage on the first turn (usually), so it's a moot point.  Turns 2-4 have healing, which may be helpful.  Turn 5 doesn't, and you've probably been in combat by then.  Turn 6's 20 HP gain may or may not be useful, depending on whether or not the battle is over.

Check how many turns you normally take, and what turn(s) you normally take damage on.  If you can time things correctly, the extra health might help.

@Zangetsu

Renewal & Falchion both have a “heal turn” on T1. Good for map 2+ for chain modes, but useless otherwise. So it actually goes:

1. 20 (both)
  2. 0 (neither)
  3. 10 (Renewal)
  4. 10 (Falchion)
  5. 10 (Renewal)
  6. 0 (neither)

Then it goes back to 1. So, the sequence was fine, it just starts at a different point.