"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I've been thinking of making a build specific for Arena Defense. I wonder if something like this would be good enough to make a lot of people rage:

Ayra 

• Wo Dao+ (Spd refined)
  • Double rally skill
  • Regnal Astra
  • Swift Sparrow
  • Windsweep 3
  • Flexible
  • Phantom Spd 3 seal

She'll have the support of 2 units with Infantry Pulse for a 1 turn boosted Regnal Astra. Is this a good build for that purpose or is there a way to improve this build? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So I managed to get a 2nd Shiro in recent summons, hes +hp -atk, I got my 1st rather recently and he;s -def + res, do I sacrifice the new one (because -atk is never good) into the 1st Shiro I got or is it work using him for SI for Steady Stance for someone?

Are you planning to use him well? He is a monster for me if you invest on him. You can wait for his better IV if you are not in hurry or anything then merge for good.

+atk or +def would be ideal (dump spd or res)

On 2/1/2018 at 10:30 PM, ILikeKirbys said:

With this setup, Genny should be able to tank mages pretty well (I tested on KageroChart, and if I recall the results correctly, she can survive +ATK Death Blow Hone Cavalry'd Reinhardt even if Moonbow activates, and with QR she can either counterkill or deal enough damage that he can be finished off on Player Phase) and regain HP with Absorb+ to act as a longer-lasting anti-magic tank. Her high RES makes Ploys pretty much guaranteed debuffs (I have yet to run into an enemy with 40+ RES in the Arena, though I think I saw a couple in Lunatic 7 Tempest Trial runs), so she gets RES Ploy to deal more damage (and thus regain more HP via Absorb+, plus it's 5 extra damage for Gunnthrá) and ATK Ploy to reduce the damage she (and her allies) take from enemy attacks (also more damage for Gunnthrá if the enemy getting Ployed isn't the same enemy being Chilling Seal'd). Quick Riposte gets around Genny's low SPD to ensure that she'll double when attacked (I think only Watersweep and Wary Fighter can prevent this, since there's no Staffbreaker at the moment, and Genny might maybe be able to keep herself above QR's threshold thanks to Absorb+ healing). Miracle is chosen for the Special since Genny will most likely be run alongside Marisa or Dorcas, who have Infantry Pulse and more HP than Genny and thus can lower Miracle's cooldown to 4 so that it will be charged after one round of combat against any foe that doubles Genny, so maybe I could have her survive a physical attack or a Special hit or something, plus IMO her healing is already good enough without Imbue. Wrathful Refine is chosen so that Genny deals regular damage and thus regains more HP with Absorb+. Recover+ is chosen to recover 32 HP, which is a pretty good amount I think.

You might want to check out this YouTube video. He used Sakura to solo Lunatic 7 Battles on Auto Battle with survivability in mind. Keep in mind that Tempest Trials uses vanilla skill sets, so some build ideas is not going to fly in Arena.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:15 AM, DefaultBeep said:

I actually got another Takumi, and I'd like to finally give Merric a true chance now with Close Counter. What would be a good boon/bane and skillset to go along with CC? I have a +Atk/-HP Merric that I think could be good, but perhaps it'd be better to wait for something else?

Do you want him to have a practical build or niche build?

Raven build gives him the most practical skill set in my opinion so I would not run Close Counter.

If you want him to be an anti lance flier, [Excalibur, Glimmer, Close Counter, Quick Riposte] should do the job. The application is pretty limited, and it is usually better to just bring a Brave Bow archer in my opinion since they are not cock blocked by color. By the same token, he can also be an anti lance cavalry too with Keen Gronnwolf.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:01 AM, Usana said:

Well I got two Summer Xanders to decide between, both with -DEF. +HP or +SPD. Seems like Gamepress likes +HP, but I am not so sure. I would think more SPD to prevent being doubled would be better than 3 more HP.

It depends on what you need him to tank. I generally do not recommend +Spd for Enemy Phase units unless there is a specific enemy in mind that you need to counter. Properly build Player Phase enemies are going to be Speed stacked with 40+ Speed, so trying to prevent doubles on an Enemy Phase unit is kind of futile in my opinion. Player Phase enemies who are slow running Brave Weapons will be pretty slow so you do not need to out Speed them. The only exception that comes to mind is Fjrom who prefers +Spd over +Atk for both killing more things as well as surviving more.

I lean towards +HP, unless there is an enemy in mind that you need the +Spd for.

23 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

I got a second Vanguard Ike. Should I keep both or am I better off merging them? He has become my new main.

I would keep both for now and decide later. You may need to merge him or fodder him off depending on what comes up in the near future. I generally do not recommend merging or foddering off immediately since I think it is nice to have some time to think it over and check out what other players are doing in the meta.

Assuming nothing interesting happens in the next one or two weeks, I personally lean towards merging since he is your core unit, Steady Stance is more available, and you can just use Weapon Refinement to get the Resistance boost. However, if you switch your core units constantly, then I do not recommend merging and I would save him for foddering. It does not make sense to merge 5* exclusive units if they have good rare skills for foddering and are not permanent keepers.

23 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

1. Got another Siegfried in the legendary summon but with bad IVs. One I had already has bad IVs so which is better among the 2 poisons? both are + def and with spd and atk bane.

2. Also was reading the above about the tactic skill and the explanation made me confused on what I thought was right. Why does the 3 infantry units not get the buff when their movements are 2 spaces? Why does the cavalry get the buff when its movement is more than 2? I thought only units with less than 2 movement spaces get the buff?

3. Is there any other way to edit your reserve teams? I always have to go into 1 arena assault stage then at the 2 stage I edit my teams then surrender. Is there a better way in doing this?

1. In my opinion, Attack bane is generally better unless you want rehaul his skill set to use him as an Enemy Phase unit. For most non Brave Player Phase units, Attack bane is more salvageable since doubling is the best way to increase damage output. Increasing a unit's single hit damage generally does not do much in terms of damage output.

2. It has nothing to do with how far a unit can move. Activation of Tactics depends on how many types of units are currently on the team.

In order for the buffee to receive the buff from the Tactic buffer, the buffee will only receive the buff if the team does not have more than two movement types of buffee's class.

For example, on a team of 2 cavalry and 2 fliers, Tactic can be on anyone and the other three teammates can get the buff, as the team does not consist of 3 cavalry or 3 fliers.

On the other hand, if a team has 3 cavalry and 1 flier, if Tactic is on the flier, no cavalry will receive the buff as there are more than 2 units of the same movement type on the team. If Tactic is on one of the cavalry, then only the flier will receive the buff since the team has 2 or less fliers on the team. However, if one of the cavalry dies, then the both surviving cavalry will be eligible to receive the buff since there are 2 or less cavalry on the team.

3. That is the currently the only way to edit your teams, unfortunately. You may want to give that suggestion to the developers through the in game feedback.

17 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I've been thinking of making a build specific for Arena Defense. I wonder if something like this would be good enough to make a lot of people rage:

Ayra 

• Wo Dao+ (Spd refined)
  • Double rally skill
  • Regnal Astra
  • Swift Sparrow
  • Windsweep 3
  • Flexible
  • Phantom Spd 3 seal

She'll have the support of 2 units with Infantry Pulse for a 1 turn boosted Regnal Astra. Is this a good build for that purpose or is there a way to improve this build? 

Seems fine. You might want consider Smokes in the C slot so she can at least debuff units if she cannot kill something. She is not going to survive Player Phase if she gets attacked, but that does not matter, since you want her to force players to either back themselves into a corner or risk being swarmed by her incoming allies if they decide to stand firm and finish her.

Edited by XRay

A little summoning and a little cleanup for feathers.

Is Brave Lyn hurt too badly by being +Atk -Spd?

I decided to merge my +Atk -Def Myrrh into the +Spd -Res one. With this, I have a spot for a lance on my flying team, NY!Camilla and Minerva on sword and axe respectively. I could spend my feathers and put Cordelia or Valter in.

Or should I stick to feathering one of the Askr Trio?

47 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

A little summoning and a little cleanup for feathers.

Is Brave Lyn hurt too badly by being +Atk -Spd?

I decided to merge my +Atk -Def Myrrh into the +Spd -Res one. With this, I have a spot for a lance on my flying team, NY!Camilla and Minerva on sword and axe respectively. I could spend my feathers and put Cordelia or Valter in.

Or should I stick to feathering one of the Askr Trio?

Cordelia, she is one of best lance flier. Go for her if she has decent or perfect IV.

Valter is not bad at all. You can fodder that Panic Ploy to someone else later if you feel like you don't need his service anymore.

Personally, I never waste my feather on any of the trio since I play the game from the very beginning. If you need a bonus unit, choose to promote anyone else that can benefit your team or they are your favourite. I only promote them to 3 star level 40 and only touch them for specific quest. They are too lame to be good for me.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Cordelia, she is one of best lance flier. Go for her if she has decent or perfect IV.

Valter is not bad at all. You can fodder that Panic Ploy to someone else later if you feel like you don't need his service anymore.

Personally, I never waste my feather on any of the trio since I play the game from the very beginning. If you need a bonus unit, choose to promote anyone else that can benefit your team or they are your favourite. I only promote them to 3 star level 40 and only touch them for specific quest. They are too lame to be good for me.

She's +Spd -Res. I assume that would give me a 4x build for her Brave Lance?

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

She's +Spd -Res. I assume that would give me a 4x build for her Brave Lance?

I would go Firesweep Lance if she is +Spd and Brave Lance if +Atk if you have the resources for both builds.

So, I have reached 20k feathers, and I want to spend them on someone. Who? I have narrowed it down to a few select (all of them are fliers) :

Spoiler

•Valter

•Michalis

•Caeda (+atk/-spd or +spd/-atk)

Cordelia (+atk/-hp or +hp/-res)

•Palla (+atk/-spd)

I’m leaning more towards the +atk Caeda due to the new weapon refinement coming out soon

@XRay Thanks for the info! I had to reread the skill again after reading your explanation and it does say what you explained. I should read things properly xD

Will probably fodder off my -spd Siegfried to someone who can use atk tactic then. Will also send a feedback about the team reserves.

Thanks for answering all my questions!

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go Firesweep Lance if she is +Spd and Brave Lance if +Atk if you have the resources for both builds.

Hmm, I don’t have a Firesweep Lance+ user to spare. This has me leaning towards Valter.

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So, I have reached 20k feathers, and I want to spend them on someone. Who? I have narrowed it down to a few select (all of them are fliers) :

Hide contents

•Valter

•Michalis

•Palla (+atk/-spd)

I’m leaning more towards the +atk Caeda due to the new weapon refinement coming out soon

I prefer Cordelia +Atk or Valter.

I would wait for a better Caeda or Palla, although if you need a red flier now, both Caeda and Palla are okay and they can run an Enemy Phase build since I am not too comfortable running them with offensive Player Phase sets with their low Speed. Palla naturally comes with Ruby Sword and you can specialize her against green units with G Tomebreaker-Quick Riposte, so she can knock out mages on Player Phase and axe units on Enemy Phase.

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Hmm, I don’t have a Firesweep Lance+ user to spare. This has me leaning towards Valter.

You can run Attack +3 Sacred Seal and run her default Brave Lance in the mean time until you get Firesweep Lance, as both sets run similar skill sets.

+Atk, -HP/Def/Res
Brave Lance, Luna / Moonbow / Escutcheon
Brazen Atk/Spd / Life and Death, Desperation
Attack +3 / Heavy Blade Sacred Seal

+Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Firesweep Lance, Moonbow
Life and Death, Hit and Run/Guard/Cancel Affinity
Speed +3 / Heavy Blade Sacred Seal

I'm back with a few questions, two are about the Priscilla I'm training, the third is about who I should promote to 5-Star next.

My Priscilla is +Atk/-Res with the following Skills:

• Panic+ (unrefined)
  • Rehabilitate+
  • Still-Water Balm
  • (A) Attack/Def +2
  • (C) Ward Cavalry
  • (S) Savage Blow 3
  1. Priscilla has the best Atk of all of my healers, 45 with her Skills equipped.  So Wrathful Staff still sounds rather tempting.  Should I refine her weapon for that or Dazzling Staff like my other healers?
  2. My Priscilla has no B Skill and her inability to self-heal has been bothering me.  I'm currently out of Wryses to use as Live to Serve fodder, but I have a 4-Star Fae that can learn Renewal 3 if I promote her to 5-Star.  Should I give her Renewal, wait until I get my hands on another Wrys, or give her a different B Skill entirely.
  3. I'm interested in promoting one of my Axe Cavaliers once I have 20,000 Feathers.  My current options are 3 Titanias (with +Def/-HP, +HP/-Res, and +Spd/-Atk) and a Frederick with +HP/-Def.  Should I promote any of these or keep waiting for something better?

@XRay Thanks. I guess I'll level up the +HP one as well. I am in no hurry to fodder him off so I can actually run them through similar content and see which I prefer. Having leveled up the +SPD first I am actually seeing the point of +HP. On Paper 43 is a lot, but I have ran into several occasions where I can't activate fire boost or Infantry Pulse, and it is usually an issue of 1 or 2 HP.  Of course I'll probably want to replace Fire Boost at a later point, but for now it is there as a budget deal.

@Ginko Spent feathers to get the Trio to 4*, simply because it makes it much easier to clear any content they are required for. I just got tired of trying to use a 3* lvl 40 to kill stuff. For those types of quests. But I also don't like using AA to cheese kill a weaponless target that they need to kill, so that certainly influenced my decision.

Hi guys, I've some questions and maybe you could help me.

1. Which is the lowest recommended HP for a unit giving Infantry Pulse support?

2. Would a unit such Masked Marth find useful to have Mirror Strike as her A skill to fight dragons? I have over 9000 SP on her, but only has the skills for the medic build, and I'd like to make an ofensive one for Arena, but not the standard Fury + Swordbreaker one (as that's what my Lucina have and both are 5*+1)

24 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Between Sothe (+spd,-def) and Siegbert(-hp,+spd) who need Swift Sparrow first? I plan to give them both but... who to go first? I have only 1 Swift Sparrow fodder now.

I would go with Siegbert, as Sothe appreciates Life and Death more. Just curious, but what is your source of Swift Sparrow fodder?

Edited by Poimagic

13 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Hide contents

•Valter

•Michalis

•Palla (+atk/-spd)

All are worth a promotion, but they fulfill different roles. 

Of the red fliers, Palla needs less investment, but you should wait for a non -SPD copy (also Caeda shouldn't be -SPD). 

Michalis is a good Enemy phase (QR+ Bonfire) unit (and has some great lines in the castle) and the only green you listed. 

Valter is a cool unit as well (his Fury/Desperation/Brash Assault built is hard to stop in TTs), but Cordelia is the better offensive unit (one of the best) and you got a good nature for her Brave Lance build. I would start with her. 

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm back with a few questions, two are about the Priscilla I'm training, the third is about who I should promote to 5-Star next.

My Priscilla is +Atk/-Res with the following Skills:

• Panic+ (unrefined)
  • Rehabilitate+
  • Still-Water Balm
  • (A) Attack/Def +2
  • (C) Ward Cavalry
  • (S) Savage Blow 3
  1. Priscilla has the best Atk of all of my healers, 45 with her Skills equipped.  So Wrathful Staff still sounds rather tempting.  Should I refine her weapon for that or Dazzling Staff like my other healers?
  2. My Priscilla has no B Skill and her inability to self-heal has been bothering me.  I'm currently out of Wryses to use as Live to Serve fodder, but I have a 4-Star Fae that can learn Renewal 3 if I promote her to 5-Star.  Should I give her Renewal, wait until I get my hands on another Wrys, or give her a different B Skill entirely.
  3. I'm interested in promoting one of my Axe Cavaliers once I have 20,000 Feathers.  My current options are 3 Titanias (with +Def/-HP, +HP/-Res, and +Spd/-Atk) and a Frederick with +HP/-Def.  Should I promote any of these or keep waiting for something better?

1.Offensively, she would ideally need Dazzling Staff Refinement and Wrathful Staff on her B slot as well as Hone Cavalry buff (Hone Attack with Hone Speed is good too, but less powerful).

It is kind of risky to use her offensively without those two staff skills together. You generally want Dazzling Staff Refinement since Dazzling Staff is only available from BB!Lyn who is seasonal, while Wrathful Staff is more common from Genny who is not seasonal.

If you have spare Brazen Atk/Spd or if you have the patience to wait for it to release into the general summoning pool, then Priscilla can run Wrathful Staff Refinement with Desperation as her B slot. Just be careful to not let her die on the counter.

2. Depending on how you set Priscilla up, you may want to take advantage of her inability to self heal and leave her at low HP. But if you do want her to self heal, she can run Martyr+. I generally do not recommend using the B slot for self healing since Martyr exist, although if you need a better healing Assist, you can run Live to Serve and Renewal, but she would be giving up on her damage dealing potential. She can still run Wrathful Staff on her Refinement, but without Dazzling Staff or Desperation, it will be risky to use her offensively.

3. I would wait for something better, although Titania [+Def, -HP] is so-so if you need a green pony right now. I prefer Titania to specialize against mages with [+Atk/Spd/Res, -Def]. For Frederick, he needs [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Res] if he is going for the Brave Axe build.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Spent feathers to get the Trio to 4*, simply because it makes it much easier to clear any content they are required for. I just got tired of trying to use a 3* lvl 40 to kill stuff. For those types of quests. But I also don't like using AA to cheese kill a weaponless target that they need to kill, so that certainly influenced my decision.

I second that, although I maxed mine to 5*. Their 4* damage output was not enough for me, so I just promoted them to 5* and have them get their Exclusive Weapon for 7 more damage per hit ([5*Atk - 4*Atk] + [Exclusive - Silver]). Makes Grand Hero Battle quests a lot less frustrating.

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@XRay Thanks. Who should I go for out of those two? Between Valter and Cordelia, I mean

Both are fine. I personally lean towards Cordelia because she is a waifu for favoritism, but Valter is awesome too. For Valter, his default skill set is actually pretty good for a budget build, just make sure to slap Desperation on his B slot to complete him, as well as some kind of Assist. You also want to pair him with someone who can give him Hone Speed or Hone Flier buff so he can activate Desperation more reliably since he is not exactly super fast. With his bulk, he is an ideal candidate to run Brazen Atk/Spd once they release the skills into the general summoning pool since he likely to survive the enemy counter in his first round of combat.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys, I've some questions and maybe you could help me.

1. Which is the lowest recommended HP for a unit giving Infantry Pulse support?

2. Would a unit such Masked Marth find useful to have Mirror Strike as her A skill to fight dragons? I have over 9000 SP on her, but only has the skills for the medic build, and I'd like to make an ofensive one for Arena, but not the standard Fury + Swordbreaker one (as that's what my Lucina have and both are 5*+1)

1. Depends on the team. Infantry Pulse generally needs to be planned with a clear team set up in mind before hand rather than just slapping it onto anyone with high HP, since it does not make sense to put it on someone you rarely use or putting it on unit that does not have enough HP if its teammates get a few merges or are swapped with someone with a higher HP.

If you are running a Blade mage team, the Infantry Pulse holder does not need super high HP. On the other hand, if you are using melee units, the HP requirement would generally be higher.

2. You should wait until after they release the Weapon Refinement update so you can see if she really needs Mirror Strike with Falchion Refinement. I generally do not recommend using limited units like Oliver as skill fodder and Sonya is a decent blue mage tank for Arena Assault no matter what her nature is. However, if you do not care about them, then foddering them is fine.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

1. Depends on the team. Infantry Pulse generally needs to be planned with a clear team set up in mind before hand rather than just slapping it onto anyone with high HP, since it does not make sense to put it on someone you rarely use or putting it on unit that does not have enough HP if its teammates get a few merges or are swapped with someone with a higher HP.

If you are running a Blade mage team, the Infantry Pulse holder does not need super high HP. On the other hand, if you are using melee units, the HP requirement would generally be higher.

2. You should wait until after they release the Weapon Refinement update so you can see if she really needs Mirror Strike with Falchion Refinement. I generally do not recommend using limited units like Oliver as skill fodder and Sonya is a decent blue mage tank for Arena Assault no matter what her nature is. However, if you do not care about them, then foddering them is fine.

Well, I'll wait then until I find a team that will get regular use. Maybe -blade team with buff boy Ephraim.

About point 2, fortunately I'll have enough dew to refine it (if things goes as I think, I'll be able to refine Subaki's Slaying Lance with the Arena stones and then, Falchion), but if I remember correctly, the new update comes on 7th and Arena season starts on 6th, so I'll see if I need all the rewards from quests asociated to Arena before or after then. And I usually don't fodder limited units, but I've never played RD or find Oliver an interesting unit, so it's something special

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I would go with Siegbert, as Sothe appreciates Life and Death more. Just curious, but what is your source of Swift Sparrow fodder?

Life and Death on Sothe make him very vunerable. Changing to Swift Sparrow will help him survive hit and kill more.

my source? anyone who have the skill with bad IV. They never survive in my barrack even if she is Ayra (-atk,+spd). I won't let her live like she said to others when she kills.

Got +Def -Atk Gunnthra, which is bad but redeemable still, at least compared to -Spd. The calculator I use is here.

Blizzard deals more damage the more debuffs the target has built up. Gunnthra can be run on teams featuring units such as dagger users, Arvis, Lute, or Panic inflictors. Guntthra comes with Chilling Seal (-6 Atk/Spd on lowest defense target) and Res Ploy by default. My current Gunnthra, with Blizzard and Fury 3, can hit 31 base Res (33 with Fortress Res 3, 34 with Res +3 seal, 36 with both). This does give her more freedom in the teams she can be featured on, but limits her targeting capabilities and feels much more supporty than the alternative. She also loses a lot of potential damage if she can't get Res Ploy to trigger herself. Her W-L-D ratio, assuming she has no personal buffs, is 176-12-12

Gronnblade+ deals more damage the more field buffs the user has built up. Gunnthra on a Cav Emblem team will deal an extra 24 damage per hit, which spells very certain doom for many targets. Powerful, however it does limit her teammates to Cavalry who can provide the +6 to all stats she needs for such murder. It is also far more expensive, requiring Gronnblade+ from a unit available only from 3*-4* summons.Her W-L-D ratio, assuming she has +6 to all stats and the enemy has no debuffs, is 179-13-8. I also ran the numbers through with Chilling Seal and Res Ploy debuffs, and the numbers came to 192-6-2.

In both cases, she has Fury 3, Chilling Seal, Res Ploy 3, no SS, and Glacies. Only her weapon changes between the two sets.

I have to ask which of the two is more worth carrying not because I can't tell which of the two gets the best results, but because I'm worried that going with one set over the other will mean that I have to use Guntthra with the unit she is paired with to get the best results (cavalry in Gronnblade, debuffers in Blizzard). I'm not even sure I'm punching in all the numbers right.

At the end of the day, the question is... should I invest in giving Gronnblade to my Gunnthra? I won't be able to act on the answer immediately due to lack of spare Ninos.

Two questions for Est since I happen to have a +Atk, -Def, +Atk, -HP, and +Spd, -Def Est.

The first one is between +Atk and +Spd, Est would want +Atk more, right? +Spd would give her 35/33 offenses, but Cordelia (35/35), Hinoka (35/32), and Tana (34/36) exist and there's also Catria (31/34), Shanna (30/35), and even Clair (26/36) who'd be better Firesweep Lance users which is one reason for +Spd Est.

The second question is which bane would Est prefer more between -Def and -HP? Est is physically frail, so -Def wouldn't hurt much with a Brave or Firesweep Lance or Berkut's Lance if I wanted to make her a mage tank, but I'd rather use Clair for that because she'd be able to avoid doubles more easily. That said, she could have higher raw defense with -HP, but that cuts into her magical bulk a bit by having lower HP.

7 hours ago, Ginko said:

Life and Death on Sothe make him very vunerable. Changing to Swift Sparrow will help him survive hit and kill more.

Sothe is not likely to survive Enemy Phase with Swift Sparrow either. He is not meant to be attacked at all. He does not have the permanent Speed boost on Enemy Phase since Swift Sparrow is only active on Player Phase, so his marginally better bulk is not going to save him. With Life and Death, Sothe can activate Desperation slightly more reliably with 1 extra Speed.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

At the end of the day, the question is... should I invest in giving Gronnblade to my Gunnthra? I won't be able to act on the answer immediately due to lack of spare Ninos.

I would not give Gunnthrá Gronnblade. Her default tome is fine, just give her a Hone Cavalry partner such as BH!Lyn or Olwen and they can run Def Ploy if they have decent Resistance. I would swap her Glacies with a lower cool down Special like Moonbow (or Iceberg with Heavy Blade).

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

The first one is between +Atk and +Spd, Est would want +Atk more, right?

+Atk is more important. She can run Brave Lance quite well. Just think of her as a blue Cherche or something. Her Speed is still pretty low with +Spd so I would not give her Firesweep Lance.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

The second question is which bane would Est prefer more between -Def and -HP?

-HP and -Def both give her the same physical bulk, but -HP also reduces her magical bulk, so I would go with -Def. She can use her Resistance to run Def Ploy to severely cripple enemies' Defense so she can cause massive damage with her Brave Lance.

So I managed to pull a duplicate B!Ike.

my first one is +Res/-HP while the new one is +HP/-Spd

Now i'm wondering, which one should I use so i can fodder the other?

i mean i suppose the -HP one can be fixed with Hp+3 seal but +Res isn't the greatest boon? Even if he'll stand up to blue mages more..

would the HP boon offset the -Spd bane in terms of bulk? I'm guessing he'll suffer more during melee combat since he's not protected by Urvan as much but not sure if that extra HP is enough to protect him...

Any thoughts @XRay?

Edited by mcsilas