"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So I managed to pull a duplicate B!Ike.

my first one is +Res/-HP while the new one is +HP/-Spd

Now i'm wondering, which one should I use so i can fodder the other?

i mean i suppose the -HP one can be fixed with Hp+3 seal but +Res isn't the greatest boon? Even if he'll stand up to blue mages more..

would the HP boon offset the -Spd bane in terms of bulk? I'm guessing he'll suffer more during melee combat since he's not protected by Urvan as much but not sure if that extra HP is enough to protect him...

Even he is -res, he will survive +10 Reinhardt anyway. -Spd doesn't change much either because most unit can double him with his neutral spd too.

+Hp increase overall bulk which is great. Meanwhile, -hp + res lower his physical bulk which is his main role to tank physical. So I'm cheering for +hp -spd

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Sothe is not likely to survive Enemy Phase with Swift Sparrow either. He is not meant to be attacked at all. He does not have the permanent Speed boost on Enemy Phase since Swift Sparrow is only active on Player Phase, so his marginally better bulk is not going to save him. With Life and Death, Sothe can activate Desperation slightly more reliably with 1 extra Speed.

I'm more focus on player phase. Having 5 more def/res with 1 less spd or having 1 more spd with 5 less def/res. Which one sound better? 

You are right that he will die on defensive but I'm not stupid to have him in enemy attack range. only if I'm sure that he will survive, I will let him tank the hit.

On player phase, he need to survive at least 1 hit if he attack on mage, archer, dragon, staff or DC user. If he can survive, he is done with his job (kill that unit or debuff that unit).  Life and Death is cannot fulfill this role because it decrease number of units he can inititate.

Edited by Ginko

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ginko Oh okay. That makes sense. I did have a +Res/-HP one on my other account but I just patched up the bane with HP+3 so it was like he neutral with extra Res. I guess enemy phase means he wants the lower Speed anyway?

So would the ideal SS for +HP/-Spd be Quick Riposte? Any other SS recommendations since QR seal is wanted by many of my units?

I have been simultaneously blessed and cursed with my good fortune.

I have a Myrrh [+Def, -Spd] and a Myrrh [+Atk, -Spd] and I don't know which one to build. I have enough copies of her to +10 one of them without having to sacrifice the other, but there's no way in hell I'm ever going to be able to justify getting another 10 copies to +10 both of them unless she shows up in a Hero Fest banner.

On the one hand, +Def makes her ridiculously bulky. On the other hand, +Atk is actually getting her a decent number of kills when running a non-functional special skill, though they're only against red and green. Blue and colorless are uniformly annihilated with the exception of Firesweep/Watersweep, Wary Fighter, and certain armors (Bold Fighter was a mistake). Glimmer has pretty much the same (absurd) kill count between the two natures as long as she is fully buffed.

Indecisiveness is bitch.

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Ginko Oh okay. That makes sense. I did have a +Res/-HP one on my other account but I just patched up the bane with HP+3 so it was like he neutral with extra Res. I guess enemy phase means he wants the lower Speed anyway?

So would the ideal SS for +HP/-Spd be Quick Riposte? Any other SS recommendations since QR seal is wanted by many of my units?

Mine is QR on B slot,Panic Ploy on C slot and Heavy Blade on Sacred Seal because he use DC. With this build, Heavy Blade mimic like Steady Breath so he proc Aether or Ignis faster.

B!Ike appreciate any defensive Sacred Seal in general. Close/Distant Def, +Def 3,Panic Ploy, +Hp 5 and QR (in case you run Beorc Blessing)

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I would not give Gunnthrá Gronnblade. Her default tome is fine, just give her a Hone Cavalry partner such as BH!Lyn or Olwen and they can run Def Ploy if they have decent Resistance. I would swap her Glacies with a lower cool down Special like Moonbow (or Iceberg with Heavy Blade).

My Brave Lyn could run it off of 34 base res (she is +res -HP) and a res +3 SS. It'd actually benefit herself a good bit as well thinking about it... From there I guess I just have to make sure she can get Hone Caved...

I do also know to replace Glacies, but I didn't really think I should put it in the calculator and see just how much she can do without triggering any specials.

If the enemy is debuffed with Chilling Seal and both Def and Res ploy, and Guntthra is fully Cav Emblemed with Moonbow, the results come out to 196-2-2 (with the healers removed for some reason)

@Ice Dragon From my perspective I'd say +Def because Great Flame only triggers its effect if Myrrh is +5 def higher than the opponent (+10 Myrrh with Fort Dragons hits 49 Defense alone) and having the bulk to take trivial damage from bows after Iotes Shield would be a great boon. Also higher Bonfire damage is pretty neat.

Then again I don't know how you'd build her anyways. I envision Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Dragons, Iotes Shield, Great Flame, assist, and Bonfire if I had the blessings you had (freaking +Spd -HP...)

Edited by Xenomata

I would also favor +DEF. A +ATK is probably more flexible build wise and I imagine it edges out DEF in the +10 arena with full buffs. But me, being me, I would want to double down on Defense for her. However, it is a tough choice where I could see my self merging 1 up to +9 and then holding off on the final merge just incase I changed my mind at some point. First world problems, right?

This was probably asked before: 

Does the recipient of a merge also receive the refined weapons of the sacrificed unit? 

If I merge a 5* Eliwood into a 4* Eliwood passing Durandal, could I upgrade it to Blazing Durandal later on that 4* Eliwood? Or do I have to pass the upgraded version with the merge? I'm going for a 4*+10 Eliwood. 

Edited by mampfoid

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

This was probably asked before: 

Does the recipient of a merge also receive the refined weapons of the sacrificed unit? 

If I merge a 5* Eliwood into a 4* Eliwood passing Durandal, could I upgrade it to Blazing Durandal later on that 4* Eliwood? Or do I have to pass the upgraded version with the merge? I'm going for a 4*+10 Eliwood. 

I believe the answer is yes. You can always check yourself by selecting the merge, getting to the confirmation screen, and tap and hold on the "after" icon to see what you're going to end up with. It doesn't lie.

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe the answer is yes. You can always check yourself by selecting the merge, getting to the confirmation screen, and tap and hold on the "after" icon to see what you're going to end up with. It doesn't lie.

I didn't know you could check the skills to be inherited in that screen. In this case, it doesn't help though:

If the refined weapon can't be passed from 5* to 4*, I would have wasted Devine Dew on a 5* unit I don't plan to use. If the refinement can't be done on a 4* unit, I would have wasted 20k feathers on that sacrificed 5* Eliwood. 

/Edit: @Ice Dragon I decided to risk the 20k and it's possible to refine a weapon on a 4* unit: 

lmoGRkFl.jpg

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't know you could check the skills to be inherited in that screen. In this case, it doesn't help though:

If the refined weapon can't be passed from 5* to 4*, I would have wasted Devine Dew on a 5* unit I don't plan to use. If the refinement can't be done on a 4* unit, I would have wasted 20k feathers on that sacrificed 5* Eliwood. 

I can confirm that merging my Amelia will transfer her Slaying Axe+ [Spd] to a new Amelia, so I don't see any reason why Blazing Durandal will not transfer over.

Skills are skills regardless of how they are obtained.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Skills are skills regardless of how they are obtained.

Yeah, they are. But refined weapons can't be inherited, thus I was unsure if there was also a restriction in passing them via merging. 

Something else just dawned on me as I wait for enough Orbs to do another summoning session.  Should I bother with free units from Grand Hero Battles and Tempest Trials, since they can only have up to 1-2 merges?  Or should I just not worry about it, since I'm a F2P player and my chances of getting enough 5-Star copies of a unit to merge it to more than +2 are super slim anyway?

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Something else just dawned on me as I wait for enough Orbs to do another summoning session.  Should I bother with free units from Grand Hero Battles and Tempest Trials, since they can only have up to 1-2 merges?  Or should I just not worry about it, since I'm a F2P player and my chances of getting enough 5-Star copies of a unit to merge it to more than +2 are super slim anyway?

Depends on if you want to use them or not. They should eventually have enough copies available of them. It'll just take a long time. Narcian and Robin can both reach +5 right now.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depends on if you want to use them or not. They should eventually have enough copies available of them. It'll just take a long time. Narcian and Robin can both reach +5 right now.

Is that so?  I never knew that.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Which combination of Sacred Seals works better on Fjorm-B!Ike, Fjorm with Quick Riposte 3 and B!Ike with Close Defense 3 or Fjorm with Distant Defense 3 and B!Ike with Quick Riposte 3? 

Depends on their skill set. I cannot really recommend either without making some assumptions.

I assume you want them both to maximize kill count as much as possible on Enemy Phase. If that is the case, then both will need Quick Riposte. I would give Quick Riposte Sacred Seal to BH!Ike since he can use his default B slot to nullify cavalry and flier buffs and obtain a better score.

Fjorm +Spd -HP
Leiptr, Glacies
Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Def / Distant Def
I recommend Close Def. If Fjorm is going to exclusively tank ranged units, then Distant Def is fine.

BH!Ike +Atk, -Res
Urvan, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Guard / Beorc's Blessing
Quick Riposte
I prefer Guard since it will always be useful, whereas Beorc's Blessing is only useful if the enemy got buffs.

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

Does the amount of arena medals earned is dependent upon winning results or is it random?

It looks like random. It doesn’t seem to relate to turn count, damage numbers or anything except survival.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It looks like random. It doesn’t seem to relate to turn count, damage numbers or anything except survival.

That sucks. I am finding the lack of medals to be a limiting factor in the refinery. At 40 it is tolerable, 20 makes it a chore. 

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This depends on how you want to allocate your resources and what your goals are. If you want to make some heavily merged characters, the better way to go about that would be to pick a character that's in the 3*-4* pool, such as Tiki or Nino, and promote all pulls of them to 5* for merging. It'll take a ton of feathers and a long time, but eventually you'll get a 5*+10. If that's what you're aiming for, then you probably won't want to be promoting that many GHB characters to 5*, since to promote a 3*-4* character up to a 5*+10 will take a minimum of 220,000 feathers. That's a long-term goal. I'm F2P as well, and my Tiki is a 5*+9 after spending most of my feathers on her for several months (I just need another pull of her at this point). You can also make some 4*+10 units, which have the stats of around a 5*+4 or 5*+5 unit.

Now, if you're wondering whether the free units are any good, then, yeah, some units are good, some aren't that good. They're all at least usable, and their usefulness isn't really hindered by a lack of merges. Outside of scoring for the Arena, merges are less important than people usually think. Having a robust roster is more important for tackling the harder content in the game. Plenty of the TT/GHB characters can fill certain roles really well. You should at least get the free characters, since, if nothing else, they can be useful for skill inheritance.

I personally always train up the free 5* characters from TT, and I almost always get a 4* version of the GHB units up to level 40.

What's a better Gunter? +Atk/-Res or +Def/-Res?

I'm not raelly giving him a lot of skill inheritance, just some cheap options for when he is an arena bonus unit (mostly for defense), but would +Atk be usually better?

Also kagerochart doesn't seem to be updated anymore, what battle simulators can I use out there? I like the ease of use for Kagerochart's, and I know there's the Mass duel simulator but I find that a bit tricky to use interface-wise when I only want to look for specific enemy matchups. Any other sites?

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

What's a better Gunter? +Atk/-Res or +Def/-Res?

I'm not raelly giving him a lot of skill inheritance, just some cheap options for when he is an arena bonus unit (mostly for defense), but would +Atk be usually better?

Also kagerochart doesn't seem to be updated anymore, what battle simulators can I use out there? I like the ease of use for Kagerochart's, and I know there's the Mass duel simulator but I find that a bit tricky to use interface-wise when I only want to look for specific enemy matchups. Any other sites?

I would go with +Atk, regular Brave Axe, and Death Blow 2/3, Attack +3, or Fury so he can kill things more easily. I am not sure if giving him +Def helps too much since most units are not going to survive if the players attack them.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would go with +Atk, regular Brave Axe, and Death Blow 2/3, Attack +3, or Fury so he can kill things more easily. I am not sure if giving him +Def helps too much since most units are not going to survive if the players attack them.

@mcsilas You're limiting yourself to player-phase builds again. Gunter can run an enemy-phase Killer Axe/Slaying Axe build. +Atk Gunter is pretty much -Def Frederick, and +Def Gunter is -Atk Frederick.

That said, I'd probably still go with +Atk.

I am looking for a “sage” or Jedi master to look through my roster and give a little guidance if any of you have time. I am at a place where I seem to hit the wall with certain types of challenges. I can’t beat Infernal challenges and some Lunatic. I can’t beat squad assault. Just looking for someone who might be able to look through what I have and point out where to invest my energy and time. Feel free to message me since this is a specific more than general discussion type of question.

45 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I am looking for a “sage” or Jedi master to look through my roster and give a little guidance if any of you have time. I am at a place where I seem to hit the wall with certain types of challenges. I can’t beat Infernal challenges and some Lunatic. I can’t beat squad assault. Just looking for someone who might be able to look through what I have and point out where to invest my energy and time. Feel free to message me since this is a specific more than general discussion type of question.

Feel free to post screenshots or a list of your 5-star and 4-star characters. That way, we can all take a look and make suggestions. That's what this thread is for.