"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I have two L'Arachels. My current is +ATK/-SPD and my newly pulled one is +HP/-DEF. The obvious question is does the extra attack offset the speed or is it better to leave atk and spd neutral. While my current was given Hone Cavalry I have enough Gunters that the SI loss isn't painful(I plan to use the one I don't want for Res Tactic Fodder).

I'm cheering for +atk/-spd with death blow one shot blade tome. If budget is your concern then her default tome with Fury 3 will mitigate some spd back but she won't double on some faster sword anyway. Bladetome is the only choice to make that +atk boon worth it because she will land nuke on most red units. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ginko Yeah that is what I was thinking. Though getting her a blade is low on my list. I got plenty of fodder for it, but all at 4* and feathers have other priorities right now since I do have a 4*+10 +ATK Reinhardt as my main blue cav mage. So no matter what she'd just be second string.

Good to hear that I am not the only one who would lean towards keeping the +ATK/-SPD one.

I’m attempting to salvage a -Atk +Def Valentine’s Lyn. One obvious choice is to give her a Blade tome, since she’d have 47 speed after Hone Armor and Atk/Spd Bond kick in. I’d have rebuild an armor team around her though, since everyone currently has Ward Armor.

I’m wondering though, if focusing on her decent mixed bulk with an Owl tome would be better. A triple stack of Ward would be +12 to her defenses, combined with +6 due to the Owl tome in optimal situations. Throw in an ally support, and she’s have 50 Def and 54 Res, though it may be a rare occurrence. 

I’ve never used an Owl tome seriously before, so I’d appreciate slant advice. 

Owl is what I was going to do with Lyn and even though mine is +ATK/-HP rather than the better +DEF for owl shenanigans. That said I haven't really used owls much on the offense. All I know is that my 4*+10 Mae is kicking tail in arena defense. Her team was doing poorly without her maybe 1 per week if I were lucky, now that she is there they regularly net 10+ wins. Could be coincidence but it's been several weeks so . . .

So an Owl Tome armor in defense may work similarly. At least that is what I was going to try(besides I am getting tired of armor march and wanna try a ward armor team and owl just fits so well there I think).

I am trying to remember who it was that used Owls on this forum. I thought we had at least one Owl advocate.

Edited by Usana

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

What's more efficient for SP grinding: the special training ranged map or Chain Challenge?

I would prefer special training(lunatic) for some reason. Example for today map, use one armor unit with no weapon block path at the bridge on the center of map. The rest are a dancer, a healer or valor skill unit. The enemies in special training are a lot weaker than chain challenge(hard mode) like a bow knight can't OHKO my squishy Ellincia.

Edited by Ginko

Are the Special Training maps and Daily GHB a permanent addition to the game? I think this is the case since the post on them doesn't mention an end date, but don't remember seeing a mention of them being permanent either.
And if they aren't permanent, when do they end?

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Are the Special Training maps and Daily GHB a permanent addition to the game?

They are. At the very least, they will be here for at least a year, judging by the GHB quests.

Which one should I give my earth's blessing (+ATK) team. I plan to do the following
- DC Lloyd for tanking mages
- VIke
- Sothe/Jaffar
- Unknown blue or nocolor

https://imgur.com/a/ylA6y

Note while a lot of people think Sothe is outright better than Jaffar this is not true.  They both have different niches. Jaffar is better if there's a mage and no DC units.  In arena sure Jaffar is trash compared to Sothe but not against AI which doesnt have many DC units.

I don't really care if I have to replace Jaffar's blessing with an Earth one.  That doesn't really bother me.

Edited by Lushen

17 hours ago, Clogon said:

@PB&J: I think you made a typo. I am assuming your Alm is -SPD/+RES. It depends on what you want him for.

B.skills:

-SPD with Windsweep is still very useful since Summoner support+Phantom SPD3 gives him a total of 39 SPD before including any buffs or A skill.

Renewal 2 so that you heal 3/6 turns consecutively (double heal on turn 1, no heal on 2, single heal on turns 3, 4 and 5, no heal on turn 6, then repeat). This mean that he can kill 2 people on turns 2 and 3 then still have his Double Lion ability on turn 4 without the need of a healer. Renewal 3 will heal more BUT with no consecutive turns giving him more "off" turns.

If you are not planning for drawn out battles where you will need him to fight multiple enemies, any breaker will do to guarantee the death of 1 unit.

Drag Back/Hit and Run are great for allowing him to safely retreat after attacking.

Lunge is fabulous for catching people off guard and netting Arena Def wins. (Knockback is useless unless you have a way to survive the initiation and have allies that can warp to the empty square)

Shield Pulse will give him instant Turn 1 Miracle allowing for guaranteed wing of mercy shenanigans.

QR allows him to have more EP presence.

Cancel Affinity helps him deal with TA blues.

Specials:

2 CD + Heavy Blade seal: your alm doesn't have upper echelon's ATK so he won't make much use of it, especially against inferno or advanced arena maps. Besides, your Double Lion won't always be active after the first use so 2 CD + QP seal is better.

Sadly also because you won't always have the Double Lion effect, odd numbered skills aren't versatile either. Gale Force+Breaker is a good combo. Once you activate Gale Force, you can immediately retreat and use Reciprical Aid on an ally to fully heal and have Double Lion active again for the next action turn.

Thank you, it's really great builds and creative but what does exactly QP mean. I know it's a seal but and also 2 CD. And yes I did mean -SPD/-RES

13 hours ago, XRay said:

I would wait for one that is -Spd since he can be summoned at 4*, but -Res and -HP is not too bad if you really need him now. Chrom does not really need Resistance, but he may still want to keep it for against Fae, and -HP is not a big deal with his Defense being so high.

I've been summoning reds for awhile, Chrom isn't one of those units I can get.

Also is that Fae with Steady Breath? I don't plan to be any higher than tier 18 so these top tier decision aren't going to my head.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:56 AM, Usana said:

I have two L'Arachels. My current is +ATK/-SPD and my newly pulled one is +HP/-DEF. The obvious question is does the extra attack offset the speed or is it better to leave atk and spd neutral. While my current was given Hone Cavalry I have enough Gunters that the SI loss isn't painful(I plan to use the one I don't want for Res Tactic Fodder).

Also I am trying to decide if Neutral Fjorm is better than +SPD/-DEF Fjorm. 31 is an awkward speed but going form 30 to 26 defense just sounds painful. I keep putting this decision off, but I really should make it soon since Fjorm has so many handy skills to give out.

I personally lean towards [+HP, -Def]. She can keep Ivaldi and run Darting Blow with Hone Cavalry buffs and perform better than Blárblade against enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite. Being able to activate Moonbow helps increase her damage output.

+HP, -Def
Ivaldi, Moonbow
Darting Blow
Speed +3
6/6/0/0
Enemies +Spd, Fury Overwrite
Player Phase 174:10:35

+Atk, -Spd
Blárblade, Glimmer
Darting Blow
Speed +3
6/6/0/0
Player Phase 164:12:43
Player Phase [Fury] 163:11:45
Player Phase [Ivaldi] 149:11:49
Player Phase [Ivaldi, Fury] 144:12:63

— — — — — — —

For Fjorm, it depends on her skill set. If you are willing to invest heavily into her, [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] is fine. Based on the calculator, this is her ideal set:

+Spd, -HP
Leiptr, Glacies/Ignis
Steady Breath/Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 171:16:32
Enemy Phase [enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 150:31:38
Enemy Phase [+Atk, enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 152:39:28

Against enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite, +Atk nature is better for Fjorm, but against enemies with other boons and Fury overwrite, +Spd nature is better for Fjorm.

-HP is bit better than -Def, but the difference is not so big that it makes her unviable. If you are worried about her -Def, Close Def Sacred Seal will easily patch that up.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, Tragonight said:

What's more efficient for SP grinding: the special training ranged map or Chain Challenge?

I think Special Training Maps are more efficient.

Chain Challenges gives you 9 maps (you surrender on the 10th map), with about 4 enemies on each map. That totals about 36 enemies for a cost of 30 Stamina, which is about 1.2 enemies per Stamina.

For the Melee: Special Training, I believe it gives you 21 enemies for a cost of 15 Stamina, which is about 1.4 enemies per Stamina. I have not bothered counting the enemies in Ranged Special Training, but I am assuming it is about 21 enemies.

14 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I've been summoning reds for awhile, Chrom isn't one of those units I can get.

Also is that Fae with Steady Breath? I don't plan to be any higher than tier 18 so these top tier decision aren't going to my head.

If you do not want to wait, promoting the -HP is fine. He should still avoid blues anyways even if he has neutral HP, but just be a little more careful if you need him to go against the triangle. You might be able to take advantage of his -HP by giving him Vantage and Quick Riposte and turn him into something like a red Bonfire-Vantage Hector, and Chrom can run Fury to make sure he drops his HP more reliably.

Edited by XRay

@XRay Huh, for some reason I didn't think to check how she performed with Darting Blow. That does seem to flip the results around vs Fury. And darting blow is certainly easier for me to find fodder of.

I find the training maps better simply because I don't have to remember to surrender on the final map. Since I tend to grind while doing other stuff I have accidentally cleared the final map on the Chain Challenges on quite a few occasions.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Huh, for some reason I didn't think to check how she performed with Darting Blow. That does seem to flip the results around vs Fury. And darting blow is certainly easier for me to find fodder of.

Those results are with Speed +3 Sacred Seal. I forgot to include it in, and I just edited my post above. Without the Sacred Seal, both are about the same (+HP is still a teensy bit better), so that may change your preference.

I retested the results this morning and it gave me slightly different numbers.

+HP, -Def
Ivaldi, Moonbow
Darting Blow
Speed +3
6/6/0/0
Player Phase 172:9:38
Player Phase [No Sacred Seal] 153:9:57

+Atk, -Spd
Blárblade, Glimmer
Darting Blow
Speed +3
6/6/0/0
Player Phase 165:12:42
Player Phase [No Sacred Seal] 150:12:57
Player Phase [Fury] 168:7:44
Player Phase [Ivaldi, Moonbow] 168:9:42
Player Phase [Ivaldi, Moonbow, Fury] 138:8:73

The biggest difference lies in bottom two [+Atk, -Spd, Ivaldi, Moonbow] sets, and I checked both Moonbow and Glimmer and they are pretty similar, so I am not sure how I got those numbers yesterday. 168 wins is a huge jump from 149 wins, so maybe I misclicked something when I was going back and forth between tabs.

If you are going with +Atk and Speed +3 Sacred Seal, Fury is also better than Darting Blow for Blárblade

Those are the two most notable changes I can see. Hopefully, I did not misclick anything, but you may want to check the calculator yourself to corroborate my numbers.

Edited by XRay

1. I've become very interested in training Felicia now that Felicia's Plate is a thing.  I got another one from my free pull on the Tempest Trials banner that's +HP/-Def.  It looks like an improvement over my +Res/-Atk Felicia, but I would still prefer one with +Atk instead.  Will this Felicia I just pulled work, or should I keep waiting for another one with +Atk?  (On another note, I thought about S-Supporting her with Arvis so I can make a tasteless joke about him taking after his daddy.)
  2. I haven't fully committed to this idea, but I'm also thinking about building a Gordin because you know I have a thing for tanky units.  I can't decide whether I'd want to give him a Guard Bow+ to address his bad Res in some way or stick with his cheaper Brave Bow+.

For both of these units, I would like them to run some sort of healing Skill since they're taking up colorless spots on my teams that I would normally reserve for Staff users.  Which ones would be best for them in addition to Breath of Life 3?

two questions about feathers:

1. Is it worth spending the 20000 feathers to promote a clarine? I am F2p, and thus unlikely to get an elise. My only other staff user is genny. The tempest trials seems like a good time, as it will be easier to get SP (although I already have a klien, and thus don't actualy need her for the bonus). My 2 Clarines are +hp/-res and +atk/-def

2. I want to finaly build a blade user. My current 5* mages are: reinhardt (who obviously good enough as is), Bridal ceada (+spd/-def, Seems to be the best candidate), Delthea (+hp/ -spd, seems to do pretty well with dark aura), Katarina (+atk/-res, does not require me to use my one spare copy of swift sparrow),  sonya (+hp/-def, seems to be doing pretty well with dark excaliber), Soren(+hp/-def, honestly, the only reason I have not foddered him off is that no one wants any of his 5* skills) and Lyon (neuteral, using him as a TA raven user). I could also promote someone who naturaly comes with a blade tome (although I don't know which natures my blade tome users have). I also have a garbage katarina which I would use to inherit swift sparrow. Note that all potential 5* candidates are infantry. The only two non-infantry candidates I have right now are celecia and ursula, and and both of them would cost twice the feathers. I am trying to pull lilinia and lyn on the valentines banner, but may not be able to. THat being said, It may be a good idea to make an infantry blade tome user because of all of the ocashions that require infantry only teams, and the fact that I would like someone to do overkill ranged damage (along with Klien). How should I build one (or is it not worth bothering due to horse/flier buffs)?

27 minutes ago, sirmola said:

two questions about feathers:

1. Is it worth spending the 20000 feathers to promote a clarine? I am F2p, and thus unlikely to get an elise. My only other staff user is genny. The tempest trials seems like a good time, as it will be easier to get SP (although I already have a klien, and thus don't actualy need her for the bonus). My 2 Clarines are +hp/-res and +atk/-def

2. I want to finaly build a blade user. My current 5* mages are: reinhardt (who obviously good enough as is), Bridal ceada (+spd/-def, Seems to be the best candidate), Delthea (+hp/ -spd, seems to do pretty well with dark aura), Katarina (+atk/-res, does not require me to use my one spare copy of swift sparrow),  sonya (+hp/-def, seems to be doing pretty well with dark excaliber), Soren(+hp/-def, honestly, the only reason I have not foddered him off is that no one wants any of his 5* skills) and Lyon (neuteral, using him as a TA raven user). I could also promote someone who naturaly comes with a blade tome (although I don't know which natures my blade tome users have). I also have a garbage katarina which I would use to inherit swift sparrow. Note that all potential 5* candidates are infantry. The only two non-infantry candidates I have right now are celecia and ursula, and and both of them would cost twice the feathers. I am trying to pull lilinia and lyn on the valentines banner, but may not be able to. THat being said, It may be a good idea to make an infantry blade tome user because of all of the ocashions that require infantry only teams, and the fact that I would like someone to do overkill ranged damage (along with Klien). How should I build one (or is it not worth bothering due to horse/flier buffs)?

1. You can get by with a 4* as your bonus unit just fine.  I did it for the first one, and the bonus stats should make up the difference.

2.  For Blade users, go for whoever has the highest speed.  Their attack will be so high that a few extra points won't make too much of a difference, but the difference between doubling and not doubling will make the difference in some KOs.

Cavalry and Fliers want the Hone/Fortify buffs to give them +30 to their Atk.  For Infantry, you want Eirika or Ephraim with their Weapon/Hone Speed/Fort Seal for buffs or Axzura, but her Rally Spectrum will only help on the refresh and not the first attack.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

1. You can get by with a 4* as your bonus unit just fine.  I did it for the first one, and the bonus stats should make up the difference.

2.  For Blade users, go for whoever has the highest speed.  Their attack will be so high that a few extra points won't make too much of a difference, but the difference between doubling and not doubling will make the difference in some KOs.

Cavalry and Fliers want the Hone/Fortify buffs to give them +30 to their Atk.  For Infantry, you want Eirika or Ephraim with their Weapon/Hone Speed/Fort Seal for buffs or Axzura, but her Rally Spectrum will only help on the refresh and not the first attack.

1. I already Have a klien as part of my core team. I don't need clarine as a bonus. I was really asking whether i should build her for general use (with the Tempest trials making it easier for her to get sp).

2. So Bride Caeda then? Her + spd nature and high base means 40 speed unboosted, which is the highest any mage can have in this game atm.

39 minutes ago, sirmola said:

1. I already Have a klien as part of my core team. I don't need clarine as a bonus. I was really asking whether i should build her for general use (with the Tempest trials making it easier for her to get sp).

2. So Bride Caeda then? Her + spd nature and high base means 40 speed unboosted, which is the highest any mage can have in this game atm.

If you want to use Clarine in general, this would be a good time to grind her, but she'll serve her purpose just as well as a 4*, if that helps.

Bride Caeda sounds good.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you want to use Clarine in general, this would be a good time to grind her, but she'll serve her purpose just as well as a 4*, if that helps.

But is Clarine worth using, in general? (given that I have no other horse staff bots, but also don't want to use feathers willy nilly)

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

What would be a good boon and bane for an Eliwoid that has Distant Counter and will be mostly baiting mages/sometimes attacking them on enemy phase?

+Atk/-Def.

Give him QR and you're set.