"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

34 minutes ago, sirmola said:

But is Clarine worth using, in general? (given that I have no other horse staff bots, but also don't want to use feathers willy nilly)

To be honest, she's not all that great.  She's the worst of the 3 Horse Staff users.  I wouldn't use her in Arena, so unless she's a personal favorite of yours or are flush with feathers, I would save them for someone else.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be honest, she's not all that great.  She's the worst of the 3 Horse Staff users.  I wouldn't use her in Arena, so unless she's a personal favorite of yours or are flush with feathers, I would save them for someone else.

Got it. I actualy have a lot of merging left to do on my core.

Okay so I need some guidance with which LA Lyn to keep. I don't think any of the boon/bane sets are good but any advice on which is least aweful would be great. Also bear in mind I am looking for budget builds as I don't currently have much fancy stuff I can put on her save Renewal 3.

10 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Okay so I need some guidance with which LA Lyn to keep. I don't think any of the boon/bane sets are good but any advice on which is least aweful would be great. Also bear in mind I am looking for budget builds as I don't currently have much fancy stuff I can put on her save Renewal 3.

Which natures do you have available?

25 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Apologies, I can't believe I didn't actually post them.

+DEF/-ATK

+DEF/-RES

+HP/-SPD

+Def-Res is probably your best option.  She definitely wants her Atk and Spd left intact.

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Apologies, I can't believe I didn't actually post them.

+DEF/-ATK

+DEF/-RES

+HP/-SPD

Definitely +Def/-Res, which actually looks like a pretty solid nature for her.

She'll reach 30 Def/31 Res (or 33/34 with Fury), which enables her to be a decent mixed tank, especially if her allies are running Ward Armor. Fury would be quite good on her, as would Close Counter. Furthermore, she wants both her Atk & Spd intact. Her Atk is middling to begin with, and an Atk bane drops her attack by 4, to a gross base of 27. As for her Spd, she has a great Spd stat, but a bane there knocks it down to an unimpressive 33, so she'd lose out on a doubling a significant portion of the cast, and she would find herself being doubled by the faster mages and such. Meanwhile, her Res is high enough that she won't mind a bane there, which can easily be patched up with Fury.

Edited by Astellius

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I've become very interested in training Felicia now that Felicia's Plate is a thing.  I got another one from my free pull on the Tempest Trials banner that's +HP/-Def.  It looks like an improvement over my +Res/-Atk Felicia, but I would still prefer one with +Atk instead.  Will this Felicia I just pulled work, or should I keep waiting for another one with +Atk?  (On another note, I thought about S-Supporting her with Arvis so I can make a tasteless joke about him taking after his daddy.)

You generally want +Spd or in some cases +Res. +Spd is generally the best for avoiding doubles, but some Celicas can still kill her with a followup attack and Felicia will need +Res for those specific Celicas. +Atk is nice, but it makes her a lot less reliable as a tank. Felicia needs every stat she can get to be pumped into Speed and Resistance since she cannot rely on the triangle to tank as she is colorless.

If you are using her as a Player Phase unit, +Atk is fine, but +Spd can also be used and will double more easily. You also have the benefit to switch her back and forth between two different roles with +Spd.

+Atk might work with Supports, but I have not checked those numbers yet. I generally set up Celica with the following skills to test colorless mage tanks:
+Atk/Res, -HP/Def/Res
Raganrok, Moonbow/Luna
Swift Sparrow/Life and Death/Fury
Heavy Blade/Attack +3/Speed +3

She is not too common, but I like to use Celica since she can auto buff herself to Blade mage levels of performance and break mage tanks with Luna-Heavy Blade. If the colorless mage tank cannot even tank Celica, they probably will not be able tank buffed Blade mages either.

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I haven't fully committed to this idea, but I'm also thinking about building a Gordin because you know I have a thing for tanky units.  I can't decide whether I'd want to give him a Guard Bow+ to address his bad Res in some way or stick with his cheaper Brave Bow+.

Unless the unit is running Triangle Adept unit and/or have really high Defense AND Resistance, tanks should focus on either Defense or Resistance for more reliability, not both. Felicia can barely tank offensive mages with her sky high Resistance and Speed, so I do not think it is worth it to salvage Gordin's Resistance since you still need to patch his Speed to avoid doubles. Gordin can run Guard Bow perfectly fine to counter archers, but I would not rely on him to counter mages.

Mages suffer from -ATK less so than others since you can always -blade them. With 39 SPD Blade Lyn could easily double and kill. That said -ATK does kinda push you towards the blade tome. I am not sure how useful 27 base would be without the bladebuffs. So if you were planing to just use her default tome you might have issues.

18 minutes ago, Dengres said:

Would LA!Hector make good use of Vengeful Fighter?
I just have ine Tharja and I don't want to waste the skill.

I would keep both and run Quick Riposte Sacred Seal on Hector. You can put something obnoxious on his B slot like Wings of Mercy or Vantage in an Arena defense team. If you are using him, then you can run Guard or something.

WE!Tharja makes SP grinding a lot more bearable and she herself is a decent unit, so I would not fodder her off if she is your only copy.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Felicia can barely tank offensive mages with her sky high Resistance and Speed, so I do not think it is worth it to salvage Gordin's Resistance since you still need to patch his Speed to avoid doubles. Gordin can run Guard Bow perfectly fine to counter archers, but I would not rely on him to counter mages.

I don't understand what you're saying about Felicia.  You're saying her Spd and Res are super high, yet she can barely tank offensive mages?

I think I'll set aside Gordin for now, since optimizing him is going to be a little too expensive for me.

56 minutes ago, Usana said:

Mages suffer from -ATK less so than others since you can always -blade them. With 39 SPD Blade Lyn could easily double and kill. That said -ATK does kinda push you towards the blade tome. I am not sure how useful 27 base would be without the bladebuffs. So if you were planing to just use her default tome you might have issues.

At first I thought the Bond could help her overcome the Atk bane, but the problem with that is I don't see how a ranged unit could ever make good use of a bond skill, they will most of the time be moving first and away from the rest of the team, won't they?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Felicia can barely tank offensive mages with her sky high Resistance and Speed, so I do not think it is worth it to salvage Gordin's Resistance since you still need to patch his Speed to avoid doubles. Gordin can run Guard Bow perfectly fine to counter archers, but I would not rely on him to counter mages.

I don't understand what you're saying about Felicia.  You're saying her Spd and Res are super high, yet she can barely tank offensive mages?

I guess for now I'll set Gording aside, since I don't have the Skills or Feathers to optimize him yet.

@Koumal8 Well with the Owl tome, for example, she would be an enemy phase mage. Triple Ward + Owl effect is +18 to both Defense and Resistance and +6 to spd and attack(which with Bond is +11). Through a DD seal on top of that and she would have effectively 51 Defense and 58 Resistance. And that can't be ployed. Again though, her default tome isn't really the best thing to be running. Blarblade for Offense, BlarOwl for baiting. Though there is the argument of fort+Hone+ward for a baiting bladetome. But her HP is so low she is vulnerable to panic in a big way so I would prefer ward and owl stacking.

@Von Ithipathachai What XRay means is that even with utterly insanely high spd and good res you can't easily tank blade tome mages without that 20% advantage that color gives. Since colorless units can't take advantage of that they are kinda iffy when it comes to being a mage tank. Remember a mage can easily hit 70+ ATK. To make matters worse a non-infantry mage gets +30 attack and the common blade mages will have at least 44 base attack before that +30. Add Life and death in and 80+ is quite feasable. So even with 40+ RES she can still take 30-40 damage easily. She only has 34 HP. And Blade mages almost ALWAYS max out their speed. And while Felicia is fast, many blade mages sport a similarly high spd stat. Which is why +SPD is a recommended nature quite often. It keeps her from getting doubled. Which would be a death sentence.

Anyways Felicia is powerful enough to do it, but she is shaky at it unless you push her RES and SPD as high as you can. You kill with your special, not your attack stat(partly why Felicia's Plate is so good, that is an awesome refinement!). And this is coming from someone who runs a +ATK Felicia. Trust me. -Blades torch her to the ground without her getting some serious ally support. That said I would hate to run a -ATK one. Her offenses are pitiful enough as is, no need to push them lower!

@Usana You mean Owl baiting is viable without CC? :o: I'll take your word for it then; Blarowl+/Swap/Glacies/AtkSpdBond/ArmorMarch is what I'd want? And what about the B-Slot? I'm f2p, so my options are kind of limited to the standard Vantage/QR and Breakers, but could Wings of Mercy be fun? 

Currently building a F!Corrin. What would be a good dual phase A.Skill for her?

She is partnered with Myrrh who is EP. TA seems like the best choice. I don't want Fury since the 6 damage ruins her sustain as her Dark Breath allows her to tank most enemies. DC will help her counter red/blue mages and colourless units but won't help her PP.

46 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Offensive magic hits stupid hard. If Felicia is only barely holding on, Gordin is not getting anywhere close, even with investment.

@Koumal8 Define viable.

My 4*+10 Mae can manage fairly well for mage baiting, but obviously she would never bait out a melee. It is basically the same here, except Booklyn doesn't fear archers and daggers like Mae does. You would be baiting the ranged units primarily or just face tanking a melee so another ally can kill them on your turn. Far more effective in general if you can counter at all range. Since yours won't be able to counter melee Armor March does become more valuable since your other units will need mobility to handle melee's that she can't do much about on enemy phase. Particularly since with an Owl she wants to be in the middle anyways.

B wise I would do one of four things. A) Keep her default guard. With Low HP she really doesn't want to eat a special like Luna or even Moonbow. However, since she isn't going to get doubled it isn't quite as handy as it is on things like Lukas. B) Quick Riposte. Yeah +SPD has 50 SPD with ATK/SPD bond and Owl Stacks, but many mages can hit some rather insane spd numbers so QR will just insure you get that double on the counter. C) Vantage, obviously handy when you are relying on being attacked a lot, more useful if you are using Aether since it can heal you up before taking the enemy's attack. D) A Breaker. Again some units are very fast and if you are attacking on your phase you'll likely miss out on the +11 speed for being surrounded by allies. So the breaker is much more useful. But with -ATK and Blarowl's weak base attack . . . yeah this one is a weak option. Guard actually prevents some losses by blocking specials from Bold Fighters and the ilk. So I'll likely go with the cheap option myself. That or Vantage. Vantage is easy for me to get. Maybe less so for you?

The real problem isn't her survival, it is that even with my +ATK/-HP she just doesn't score the kills. The difference between mine and yours with the same set is rather minimal. But neither one kills a crap ton of units. Not having close counter does lose you about 1/3 of your K.O.'s either way, so it is a far more notable difference than -ATK vs +ATK. Blarblade gets far more kills with CC, but surprisingly fares similarly to Refined Owl without CC.

Anyways long story short, no Close Counter does hurt a bit since you are limited to face tanking rather than counter killing melees, but you can work around it. And if you can CC then Blade is the superior option if you just want a high counter kill count. And frankly the Owl is a decently cheap set if you have a Mae sitting around(Like I do). You can get away with running her default A, B, and C skills when running Owl. So all you need is a special to go with the Owl. That said it would likely be a B-team build if you have Tharja. Tharja is the better Enemy Phase armor, if only because Vengeful Fighter charges her specials so fast.

@Usana Define viable? Good question actually. Thing is, I REALLY want to finally build an armor emblem team for quests and Arena: on one hand she's my only armored mage, on the other hand if we get either W!Tharja or Hector from the freebie event I'm SO giving their kit to Eliwood and making him by blue staple together with classic Hector and Fury/Vantage BK. Lyn and Arden would be competing for the 4th slot. I think I'll train her in the TT and give her whatever until we see what freebie we get. If we get W!Tharja I'll build her with Blade+/CC/Vantage, if we get Hector I'll slap DC on Eliwood and build her with Owl+/Bond/Guard or Vantage (I don't have 20k feathers for Owl+ right now but I guess -Atk Lyn needs all the atk she can get, doesn't she?). While if we get LIke I'm gonna... murder someone, k? Also who knows, I might pull again from her banner in 20something days if nothing of worth is announced. 

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep both and run Quick Riposte Sacred Seal on Hector. You can put something obnoxious on his B slot like Wings of Mercy or Vantage in an Arena defense team. If you are using him, then you can run Guard or something.

WE!Tharja makes SP grinding a lot more bearable and she herself is a decent unit, so I would not fodder her off if she is your only copy.

WoM sounds like a good idea I do have enough Cains lying around.
But it's just that the whole point in getting Tharja was inheriting Vengeful Fighter for me. 
Her Valor Skill is nice but I've lived without just as fine so it's not a huge factor for me.

I've been pulling for Felicia recently as well, and managed to net 2 of her. One has a +HP/-Def IV, while the other has a +Atk/-Res IV. I'm wondering out of the two which would be more potent. +HP seems like it puts more backbone into her anti-mage archetype, and -def is her supposed best bane, so I was thinking of going with that. My friend suggested going with the +Atk/-Res IV, but doesn't that just even out her damage since -Res takes away from that Glacies hit?

15 minutes ago, Feints said:

I've been pulling for Felicia recently as well, and managed to net 2 of her. One has a +HP/-Def IV, while the other has a +Atk/-Res IV. I'm wondering out of the two which would be more potent. +HP seems like it puts more backbone into her anti-mage archetype, and -def is her supposed best bane, so I was thinking of going with that. My friend suggested going with the +Atk/-Res IV, but doesn't that just even out her damage since -Res takes away from that Glacies hit?

+Atk adds 3 damage to every attack. -Res subtracts 3 damage from every Glacies activation.

If somehow every hit you land activates Glacies, you're still breaking even.