"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now I have two Horse Lilinas, one +Spd -Res and one +Atk -Def. I'm going to keep both because it seems wasteful to merge such good natures (and it wouldn't make a difference in Arena scoring anyway since she'd still be very low).

Assuming I go with a standard Desperation Blade build for the +Spd copy, is there anything interesting-but-different I can do with the +Atk one? Before I got the +Spd one this morning I figured I'd just do Death Blow Blade but doing that would be a bit boring now (plus y'know, the 40000 feathers worth of Nino). She doesn't seem suited for Raven and I've got a built Cecilia for that anyway. Owl seems ill-suited for horses.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

So now I have two Horse Lilinas, one +Spd -Res and one +Atk -Def. I'm going to keep both because it seems wasteful to merge such good natures (and it wouldn't make a difference in Arena scoring anyway since she'd still be very low).

Assuming I go with a standard Desperation Blade build for the +Spd copy, is there anything interesting-but-different I can do with the +Atk one? Before I got the +Spd one this morning I figured I'd just do Death Blow Blade but doing that would be a bit boring now (plus y'know, the 40000 feathers worth of Nino). She doesn't seem suited for Raven and I've got a built Cecilia for that anyway. Owl seems ill-suited for horses.

Which one of your units could most use a tictac?

Her default weapon is good against ranged units that can be buffed up easily, like Reinhardt, so you could give her Mirror Strike so she's better on Player Phase, or Bowbreaker+Distant Defense to help against Blyn.

I'm rather new to FeH, having just fucked around for the past 6 months grinding orbs and grabbing units.

I've got a +res/-def Brave Lyn. Should I just use her standard build? I'm kind of on a budget since I just used a whole set of feathers to get my Reinheardt to 5*. 

I'm really new to the finangling around with builds. I've been rushing through with BK, Brave Ike , Michalis, Joshua, a +att Klein, and a +att - def Mae. 

I'm trying to figure out a decent budget set for Nephenee. 

Edited by Czarpy

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm rather new to FeH, having just fucked around for the past 6 months grinding orbs and grabbing units.

I've got a +res/-def Brave Lyn. Should I just use her standard build? I'm kind of on a budget since I just used a whole set of feathers to get my Reinheardt to 5*. 

I'm really new to the finangling around with builds. I've been rushing through with BK, Brave Ike (-att +def for the longest time. Got myself a new one and didn't check his nature. Trying to get him up to level 40 to check.), Michalis, Joshua, a +att Klein, and a +att - def Mae. 

I'm trying to figure out a decent budget set for Nephenee. 

Conveniently both Bowlyn and Nephenee are great out of the box, so you don't have to invest anything in them to use them really, other than a movement assist for each and whatever budget buff/threaten skill you have spare for Nephenee's C slot. Probably better off using your resources to build other units for now, some new-player staples like Nino Tharja, Xander, Nowi, Tiki, etc.

Edited by Humanoid

hmn. I'm enjoying using BK. Would it be worth it to put aether on him? 

I'm planning on following up on a Sharena combat support build I saw on gamepress. I figure it'll be useful for BK/B!Ike/Nephenee/Joshua/Marisa.

For some reason I have two new year takumis and azuras. What's the recommended budget builds for them? I've still got some 4-5 star skill fodders I can use.

14 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

hmn. I'm enjoying using BK. Would it be worth it to put aether on him? 

I'm planning on following up on a Sharena combat support build I saw on gamepress. I figure it'll be useful for BK/B!Ike/Nephenee/Joshua/Marisa.

For some reason I have two new year takumis and azuras. What's the recommended budget builds for them? I've still got some 4-5 star skill fodders I can use.

BK already kinda has the best special in the game, and it charges up much faster than Aether.

NY Azura as a dancer is a relatively low priority to build since she functions just fine with no skills, and she's a cornerstone if a flier team if you choose to build one. Depends what other fliers you have of course, Caeda with her recent upgrade if you have her, Cordelia is a reasonably accessible and excellent blue flier. Unfortunately all the flying mages are seasonal currently. I went with Triangle Adept and Wings of Mercy for my Airzura, stock standard dancer loadout.

I'm not very familiar with NY Takumi but he seems pretty flexible. His default loadout is kinda weird, Bowbreaker with his low def is unusual and while workable probably pigeonholes him too much. As a mage counter he's passable but 27 res is merely middling. If you want to overhaul him, he has the statline to do an offensive Desperation build instead which is probably what I'd do - refine Spd on his weapon, Fury/LaD/Darting, Desperation.

Edited by Humanoid

13 hours ago, Clogon said:

Currently building a F!Corrin. What would be a good dual phase A.Skill for her?

She is partnered with Myrrh who is EP. TA seems like the best choice. I don't want Fury since the 6 damage ruins her sustain as her Dark Breath allows her to tank most enemies. DC will help her counter red/blue mages and colourless units but won't help her PP.

Fury is the best dual phase skill in my opinion. You can use Fury-Quick Riposte first to do Enemy Phase combat, and then Desperation will kick in during the next Player Phase.

If you really dislike Fury, Life and Death is the only other skill that works on both phases, but the Speed increase might not be enough to offset her lower bulk.

8 hours ago, Dengres said:

WoM sounds like a good idea I do have enough Cains lying around.
But it's just that the whole point in getting Tharja was inheriting Vengeful Fighter for me. 
Her Valor Skill is nice but I've lived without just as fine so it's not a huge factor for me.

I guess if you do not plan on using WE!Tharja, you can fodder her off. I would give her a try in Training Tower and Arena Assault first to get a feel of her stats and what she can potentially do. Her vanilla set is fine in my opinion, but you may want to use her differently. If you still feel like you do not need her, then foddering her off is fine.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I would go with +Spd for the Blade build. Doubling and activating Desperation more reliably is always good.

+Atk can go with Blade-Close Counter-Vantage if you want something interesting. You may want to use Savage Blow-Savage Blow during Player Phase to weaken the enemy team to make sure they succeed with their suicide on Enemy Phase.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

BK already kinda has the best special in the game, and it charges up much faster than Aether.

NY Azura as a dancer is a relatively low priority to build since she functions just fine with no skills, and she's a cornerstone if a flier team if you choose to build one. Depends what other fliers you have of course, Caeda with her recent upgrade if you have her, Cordelia is a reasonably accessible and excellent blue flier. Unfortunately all the flying mages are seasonal currently. I went with Triangle Adept and Wings of Mercy for my Airzura, stock standard dancer loadout.

I'm not very familiar with NY Takumi but he seems pretty flexible. His default loadout is kinda weird, Bowbreaker with his low def is unusual and while workable probably pigeonholes him too much. As a mage counter he's passable but 27 res is merely middling. If you want to overhaul him, he has the statline to do an offensive Desperation build instead which is probably what I'd do.

my flier options right now are Michalis, a +att carmilla, cherche, and I forgot the name but that wyvern rider that comes with a brave lance and shows up in awakening.

I've got a shitton of florina/clair/palla/catrias but they've all got shit like -att and -spd.

I got that new bow wielding Roy. I didn't immediately check his nature, but is his skillset good right out of the box? I'm a little reluctant to use my sole copy of limited units as fodder in gacha games. 

I kinda want to try a Felicia build since I like her design. Does she get mileage out of any of NY!takumi or jaffars skills since I have them as fodder. 

the only rule of thumb I seem to follow right now is that tempest trial units seem to be really safe investments. I've got Joshua (x2), Masked Marth, Marisa, Berkut, Arden, and Tobin. I've found Joshua to be pretty self-sufficient with an infantry pulse or heavy blade seal.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm not very familiar with NY Takumi but he seems pretty flexible. His default loadout is kinda weird, Bowbreaker with his low def is unusual and while workable probably pigeonholes him too much. As a mage counter he's passable but 27 res is merely middling. If you want to overhaul him, he has the statline to do an offensive Desperation build instead which is probably what I'd do.

my flier options right now are Michalis, a +att carmilla, cherche, and I forgot the name but that wyvern rider that comes with a brave lance and shows up in awakening.

I've got a shitton of florina/clair/palla/catrias but they've all got shit like -att and -spd.

I got that new bow wielding Roy. I didn't immediately check his nature, but is his skillset good right out of the box? I'm a little reluctant to use my sole copy of limited units as fodder in gacha games. 

I kinda want to try a Felicia build since I like her design. Does she get mileage out of any of NY!takumi or jaffars skills since I have them as fodder. 

the only rule of thumb I seem to follow right now is that tempest trial units seem to be really safe investments. I've got Joshua (x2), Masked Marth, Marisa, Berkut, Arden, and Tobin. I've found Joshua to be pretty self-sufficient with an infantry pulse or heavy blade seal.

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

One of the problems you'll meet with playing infrequently is getting the Refining Stones and Divine Dew to do a lot of builds, and some units are kind of dependent on them to perform. Caeda and Felicia for example really want their refinements to be effective at all, whereas for someone like Michalis it's a very nice bonus but he can function without them.

The medium-term view of course is that while Michalis, Cherche, and debatably Camilla are good units, you're unlikely to want to run two axes in your flier team long-term, so you probably should look at filling the other colours first. Nonetheless, Michalis is a tank who just wants Quick Riposte, and Cherche is an offensive powerhouse with the aid of Brave Axe, Death Blow and Drag Back/Hit and Run (note that none of Cherche's 5* skills are useful for her typical build so you can make a heavily merged 4* version instead.)

I don't recall any lance wyverns in Awakening, so I assume it's Cordelia since she's the only Brave Lance flier from Awakening. She's fantastic and should be a priority for you. A budget option people sometimes do is a heavily merged 4* Est with Brave Lance. Valter is the other good accessible option for blue if you got him during his recent re-run.

Bow Roy is a high attack but slow archer and that just screams out Brave Bow and Death Blow.

Felicia, as mentioned, really wants her own unique weapon fully refined, so it's probably something for the future when you build up enough Divine Dew rather than inheriting stuff to her. Jaffar's only inheritance value is Life and Death 3, but that's now accessible at 4-star from Sothe. Jaffar, incidentally, really wants his refinement too and with it he goes from a mediocre unit to a very good mage assassin (it prevents counters from mages).

I have a valter, but at three stars.

Michalis with quick riposte huh I'll try that. 

Cordelia is gonna be my Lance user. Guess I'll raise an est to feed to her.

So for the last flier idk, palla?

Jaffar is good here? Welp

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I have a valter, but at three stars.

Michalis with quick riposte huh I'll try that. 

Cordelia is gonna be my Lance user. Guess I'll raise an est to feed to her.

So for the last flier idk, palla?

Jaffar is good here? Welp

Est doesn't have anything worthwhile to give. If you need Drag Back, Donnel and Gwendolyn have it at 3-star. Clair has Hit and Run which I like slightly better but they're both acceptable.

Red fliers are pretty rare, with Halloween Nowi and NY Camilla being seasonal, Elincia being 5-star exclusive, and Caeda while available at 4* doesn't shine until promoted and refined. So with that in mind, Palla is kind of the only cheap option, and she does her job of completely walling greens pretty well.

8 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Does a mounted mage work with three fliers? I have Xander, Ursula, Cecilia, and Reinhardt.

It's more a per-unit type question, some do better without support than others. Reinhardt for example is requires minimal setup, due to only caring about his attack stat. Cecilia meanwhile struggles without horse-specific buffs.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I guess if you do not plan on using WE!Tharja, you can fodder her off. I would give her a try in Training Tower and Arena Assault first to get a feel of her stats and what she can potentially do. Her vanilla set is fine in my opinion, but you may want to use her differently. If you still feel like you do not need her, then foddering her off is fine.

I have her at 40. I used her during the TT as a bonus unit. I know she's pretty good but I just don't like Tharja so I'm biased against using her.

22 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

@Usana Define viable? Good question actually. Thing is, I REALLY want to finally build an armor emblem team for quests and Arena: on one hand she's my only armored mage, on the other hand if we get either W!Tharja or Hector from the freebie event I'm SO giving their kit to Eliwood and making him by blue staple together with classic Hector and Fury/Vantage BK. Lyn and Arden would be competing for the 4th slot. I think I'll train her in the TT and give her whatever until we see what freebie we get. If we get W!Tharja I'll build her with Blade+/CC/Vantage, if we get Hector I'll slap DC on Eliwood and build her with Owl+/Bond/Guard or Vantage (I don't have 20k feathers for Owl+ right now but I guess -Atk Lyn needs all the atk she can get, doesn't she?). While if we get LIke I'm gonna... murder someone, k? Also who knows, I might pull again from her banner in 20something days if nothing of worth is announced. 

I kinda mentioned it last time, but in general I think W!Tharja is an awesome armor so foddering off your only one isn't something I could do. Of course if we do get her(and I'll likely throw my votes her way for vengeful fighter for Vector) and you just don't like her design or want a more flexible unit(she has no player phase) then I can see you going with Booklyn. I just sorta wince at using her just for Close Counter. Her weapon isn't something you are likely to use much over Blade+ and 2 ranks of Vengeful Fighter doens't seem overly useful for a +SPD Booklyn(though the special charge is kinda interesting, but we have Heavy Blade Seal which is kinda insane on a blade mage).

But anyways other than my qualms at killing off a unit I only have one of for their skills you plan sounds good to me. And yeah, Owl+ would definitely be important. Owl's are already a weak Tome.  I don't see why they couldn't have been buffed up to Blade level of mt at least when refined(13vs11), the other tomes sit at 14 so it would still be weaker. I doubt they would become a truly tempting meta tome even then, but it would help them out a bit.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Except Armoured Blow is completely useless with Distant Def, and vice versa.

Budget build and I lack fodder. I'll wait until I get my next Roy

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Fury is bad with QR. I lack TA. Armored blow it is then.

Even Def+3 would be a better option, for baiting.