"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You can't inherit the refined weapon onto another unit (you can still inherit the non-refined version tho), but if you use Merge Allies to merge that Mae into another Mae, the post-merge Mae will have the refined Blarowl.

Oh so that's how it works, thank you.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

turns out my LA!Roy was +spd/-def. 

I've got a LA Hector/LA ELiwood/BK armour team. WHo's the best pick for the fourth slot of that bunch? A staffer like Lachesis or a bow user like Klein/Gordin/NY!Corrin?

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

turns out my LA!Roy was +spd/-def. 

I've got a LA Hector/LA ELiwood/BK armour team. WHo's the best pick for the fourth slot of that bunch? A staffer like Lachesis or a bow user like Klein/Gordin/NY!Corrin?

I would go with a healer for more sustainability.

Just now, XRay said:

I would go with a healer for more sustainability.

My options for healers are either Lucius or Lachesis since I have a bunch of copies of both of them and have ok IVs for them.

I'm gonna try Lachesis because of Psychic. 

Just now, Czarpy said:

My options for healers are either Lucius or Lachesis since I have a bunch of copies of both of them and have ok IVs for them.

I'm gonna try Lachesis because of Psychic. 

Clarine isn’t a bad choice for this tempest as well, thanks to the boosts she receives. She even tanked a few times when I fucked up my moves, and I only gave her Rehabilitate long ago.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Clarine isn’t a bad choice for this tempest as well, thanks to the boosts she receives. She even tanked a few times when I fucked up my moves, and I only gave her Rehabilitate long ago.

I have a clarine that I've been raising, but I have a feeling she's -att. 

She worth using in a mage cavalry team? I haven't picked up copies of her except for one. Would like to use her since the Elibe/Tellius games are my favorites.

ugh I have ONE azama and he's -att. Guess Clarine gets a free pain staff.

Edited by Czarpy

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

She worth using in a mage cavalry team? I haven't picked up copies of her except for one. Would like to use her since the Elibe/Tellius games are my favorites.

ugh I have ONE azama and he's -att. Guess Clarine gets a free pain staff.

She most certainly is, but I’m afraid I can’t share my insight here because I don’t have any. I use her as a regular healer.

Well, it’s not like Azama’s Atk is in any way salvageable, you know. 18/21/24 Atk at five-star lvl 40 is absolutely negligible. It can be safely thrown away, and instead guaranteed damage from Pain and Savage Blow can be embraced.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Quick question, what's the best special option for LA Eliwood?

Is there any advantage in using Iceberg over Bonfire or something? I guess if Def Ploy is used, then Iceberg may be 'safer'?

Any other special options?

Iceberg and Bonfire are pretty much the same thing. It depend on your LA Eliwood weapon refinement. If you choose +res, sure thing it should be iceberg or +def with bonfire. Otherwise, Aether would help damage sustain if you run Bold /Vengeful fighter.

Edited by Ginko

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Iceberg and Bonfire is pretty much the same thing. It depend on your LA Eliwood weapon refinement. If you choose +res, sure thing it should be iceberg or +def with bonfire. Otherwise, Aether would help damage sustain if you run Bold /Vengeful fighter.

Okay, I guess I'm not sure what role Eliwood can be yet.

I guess having good Res is good compared to say, BK or Hector. Maybe I will go +Res Casa Blanca eventually. Maybe in the future Berkut's Lance even.

So what's a good (fairly cheap) set for him? Maybe something like:

----

Case Blanca (Res)

Swap/Pivot

Iceberg

Fury/Fire Boost

Quick Riposte/Lancebreaker/Swordbreaker/Renewal

Goad Armour

Quick Riposte/Distant Def SS

---

I don't have any DC fodder or any of the fancy seasonal armour skills like Bold Fighter and that. also no Aether fodder right now.

I guess Lancebreaker helps against Wary Fighter Effies. Or maybe even Swordbreaker against Arena Ayra and BKs.

Actually...I wonder if Eliwood should run Wary Fighter? Maybe with Berkut's Lance, although not having DC is a bummer.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas I will definitely give him DC someday so I would stick with +Res Casa Blanca to wall against range units and duel dragon with additional Res. 20k feathers for Berkut's Lance is quite a waste for me but it help duel dragon better. Slaying Lance is also a good choice if you want to upgrade your special to be Ignis or Glacies. He has decent Spd without Wary Fighter but you can use it to deny speedy tier units.

Edited by Ginko

16 hours ago, HenryKaze101 said:

I'm not planning to sacrifice 5* but i bet these builds are great 

May I ask why? I wouldn't sacrifice rare units either (only if a spare unit is available), but 20k feathers are faster saved up these days than one year ago. If you play arena every week, you should rise in tiers fast and thus have a steady feather income (plus there are modes like TTs and VG). 

Even if you don't want to sacrifice a 5* unit (or 20k feathers), TA/Raven could be an option for Merric. TA3 is available from 4* Roy and also TA2 (from 4* Cordelia and 4* Selena) is already good. The only difference between Gronraven and Gronraven+ would be 4 ATK. With TA3/simple Gronraven Merric would take more or less zero damage from colorless units and few damage from blue units (special damage aside). 

The same goes for Gronnblade: Merric would deal a lot of bonus damage by buffs (up to +20 damage with full buffs from Hone/Fortify), no matter if he had the + variant equipped or not. For Gronnblade you would need some other C-skills and seals on his teammates though. 

I'm not arguing against his personal tome. Like it was said before, it's a valid option, especially if you don't want to sacrifice many feathers. 

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

how much of a bad idea is it to stick wrath # onto LA!Hector.

Should be fine. Make sure he has Quick Riposte Sacred Seal and preferably Moonbow too.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Should be fine. Make sure he has Quick Riposte Sacred Seal and preferably Moonbow too.

didn't get the QR sacred seal when that TT was out since I was too busy irl. :/

I'll just save that spare nephenee on the side.

so I got these nowi/cordelia/ cherche to level 40

Cordelia's +att/-res 

I stuck reposition/hit and run on her. She's just waiting for that 5* promotion.

the cherche I have right now is -hp/-res. If I merge her with a another cherche, will the skills transfer over?

Nowi's +att/-def

Edited by Czarpy

After the 2.2 update, I have 3 candidates for refining using divine dew. Michalis, +atk/-def raven (who has been runing a brave axe build, but i have heard that basilikos builds are better, and i wae never able to get him death blow fodder), and masked marth (who i am using as a falchion medic). I should note that I have exactly 4 fliers. Elincia, HYNazura, michalis, and a +spd/-def minerva with a +eff hautheclere.I should note that I have 100 devine dew and 242 refining stones (my luck has given me a lot of legendary weapon units reletive to units of refinable weapons), so i really want to know who the second best devine dew target is, as well as the best one. (I should note that i don't have a sothe yet, so i don't have Life or Death fodder. I have no 4* klien for death blow 3 fodder.)

48 minutes ago, sirmola said:

After the 2.2 update, I have 3 candidates for refining using divine dew. Michalis, +atk/-def raven (who has been runing a brave axe build, but i have heard that basilikos builds are better, and i wae never able to get him death blow fodder), and masked marth (who i am using as a falchion medic). I should note that I have exactly 4 fliers. Elincia, HYNazura, michalis, and a +spd/-def minerva with a +eff hautheclere.I should note that I have 100 devine dew and 242 refining stones (my luck has given me a lot of legendary weapon units reletive to units of refinable weapons), so i really want to know who the second best devine dew target is, as well as the best one. (I should note that i don't have a sothe yet, so i don't have Life or Death fodder. I have no 4* klien for death blow 3 fodder.)

I wouldn't refine Michalis' weapon if you already have Azura and Minerva on your flier team. There are plenty strong blue flyers, you should be able to get one soon. 

In my opinion Raven profits more from his refinement, since Masked Marth will depend on the team you will build around him. 

Edited by mampfoid

This got ignored twice, so I'll ask again. I have 2 Sorens +Res/-HP (5*) and +Def/-Res (4*) and 2 Roys with +Atk/-HP (5*) and +Spd/-Def (4*)

Is is worth promoting and merging either of them, which nature should I keep on each and if not what should I do with them?

If 5* Soren isn't being kept who wants Watersweep?

I also want to ask about the best refines for my SummeRobin and Wendy. Wendy has +Def/-Spd and SummeRobin has +Atk/-Def, working with their defaults weapons and I don't have DC on either (Sadly in Wendy's case).

So I was wondering if a +Spd/-Def Julia is worth keeping over a +Atk/-Res one. I'm leaning toward the +Atk one myself since even with 30 Spd, Julia isn't going to be doubling a lot of things, but maybe there's a build that could leverage Spd better than more Atk, especially since she'll be +4 after I merge either of them.

51 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This got ignored twice, so I'll ask again. I have 2 Sorens +Res/-HP (5*) and +Def/-Res (4*) and 2 Roys with +Atk/-HP (5*) and +Spd/-Def (4*)

Is is worth promoting and merging either of them, which nature should I keep on each and if not what should I do with them?

I also want to ask about the best refines for my SummeRobin and Wendy. Wendy has +Def/-Spd and SummeRobin has +Atk/-Def, working with their defaults weapons and I don't have DC on either (Sadly in Wendy's case).

I'd say +Res/-HP is a marginally better nature on Soren than +Def/-Res, so unless you want to merge up your Soren, I don't think spending 20k feathers is worth it. As for Roy, +Spd is slightly preferred to +Atk, so if you plan on using him, it might be worth promoting him. 

Summer Robin might like a Spd Refine since it would give her 35/37 offenses which are really good, though a Def or Res refine could be useful as well if you prefer to go for a more defensive build. Wendy probably wants the Res refine since her Def is already sky high if you want her to be a mixed tank. Otherwise, you can invest fully into Defense to have a monstrous physical wall. 

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

how important would the nature of NY!Azura be? I've got two that I levelled a little without checking the IVs. Should I merge them or have one of them pass an earth dance to Olivia?

Check the natures to know which nature to use, there could be a big difference if one had a good boon and the other a bad bane. For example a +SPD nature could reach 44 SPD with Fury and speed refinement, while you should avoid bad natures if possible. A good nature could profit also from a merge, but otherwise merging is only important if you want to boost your arena score with her. 

Personally I don't use Earth Dance, since I have Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on all dancers. Also her weapon has a nice effect and is worth inheritance. 

@Dayni sorry, I don't have/use the units in question. Watersweep could be good to carefully take out dragons, but I don't have a reference build in mind. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Check the natures to know which nature to use, there could be a big difference if one had a good boon and the other a bad bane. For example a +SPD nature could reach 44 SPD with Fury and speed refinement, while you should avoid bad natures if possible. A good nature could profit also from a merge, but otherwise merging is only important if you want to boost your arena score with her. 

Personally I don't use Earth Dance, since I have Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on all dancers. Also her weapon has a nice effect and is worth inheritance. 

@Dayni sorry, I don't have/use the units in question. Watersweep could be good to carefully take out dragons, but I don't have a reference build in mind. 

I'm going to get both of them levelled to 40 and see what they have. Even with a bad nature, a flying dancer is still usable until we get another one, right?

I have one shanna left. Idk if I should pass down desperatation 3 or glacies to my +spd/-def titania.  

Edited by Czarpy

7 hours ago, sirmola said:

but i have heard that basilikos builds are better, and i wae never able to get him death blow fodder),

I would use Fury, not Death Blow. Fury further increases his Speed for even higher damage output as well as dampening the effects of bulk reduction.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

For Soren, both are about the same. [+Def, -Res] has the benefit of being more likely to be able to eat counter from a Distant Counter unit in his first round of combat. [+Res, -HP] allows him to use Ploys more effectively.

For Roy, [+Spd, -Def] is better unless you plan to give him another Weapon and get Speed from Speed Refinement. Being able to double will almost always dish out more damage than increasing the damage of each hit.

I would fodder Roy. +Spd is better than +Atk, but +Atk is still very good and Triangle Adept 3 is a valuable skill to inherit. If you need more Speed on your 5* Roy, you can always give him Speed +3 and some buffs.

I would keep 5* Soren, but 4*+10 Soren also works. If you do not care about having a 5* of each unit, then I would keep 4* Soren and fodder 5* instead. Watersweep is currently mostly used for shutting down dragons, so you can slap on to whoever you want to specialize them against dragons.

I am assuming you are talking about Gwendolyn. I would give her Defense or Resistance Refinement depending on whether you need her to tank mages. I would also give her Wary Fighter to stop enemies from doubling. For YS!F!Robin, I would go with Speed Refinement as well as Fury-Desperation so she can double more units.

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

So I was wondering if a +Spd/-Def Julia is worth keeping over a +Atk/-Res one. I'm leaning toward the +Atk one myself since even with 30 Spd, Julia isn't going to be doubling a lot of things, but maybe there's a build that could leverage Spd better than more Atk, especially since she'll be +4 after I merge either of them.

I would keep both and build them differently. [+Spd, Moonbow/Glimmer, Armored Blow/Steady Blow, Guard, Speed +3] is useful for doubling and killing dragons that are not set up correctly; you would ideally want -Res in this case, but -Def could be workable.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

how important would the nature of NY!Azura be? I've got two that I levelled a little without checking the IVs. Should I merge them or have one of them pass an earth dance to Olivia?

It is not very important. If you are lucky and got an offensive nature, she can be an offensive support unit which is nice, but that is just a cherry on top. Her primary duty should still be Singing.

I personally have not found the Elemental Dances useful, so I usually just remove them from my Dancers/Singers and put Wings of Mercy or Quick Riposte on them instead. I would go for merging your HNY!Azuras.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would use Fury, not Death Blow. Fury further increases his Speed for even higher damage output as well as dampening the effects of bulk reduction.

For Soren, both are about the same. [+Def, -Res] has the benefit of being more likely to be able to eat counter from a Distant Counter unit in his first round of combat. [+Res, -HP] allows him to use Ploys more effectively.

For Roy, [+Spd, -Def] is better unless you plan to give him another Weapon and get Speed from Speed Refinement. Being able to double will almost always dish out more damage than increasing the damage of each hit.

I would fodder Roy. +Spd is better than +Atk, but +Atk is still very good and Triangle Adept 3 is a valuable skill to inherit. If you need more Speed on your 5* Roy, you can always give him Speed +3 and some buffs.

I would keep 5* Soren, but 4*+10 Soren also works. If you do not care about having a 5* of each unit, then I would keep 4* Soren and fodder 5* instead. Watersweep is currently mostly used for shutting down dragons, so you can slap on to whoever you want to specialize them against dragons.

I am assuming you are talking about Gwendolyn. I would give her Defense or Resistance Refinement depending on whether you need her to tank mages. I would also give her Wary Fighter to stop enemies from doubling. For YS!F!Robin, I would go with Speed Refinement as well as Fury-Desperation so she can double more units.

I would keep both and build them differently. [+Spd, Moonbow/Glimmer, Armored Blow/Steady Blow, Guard, Speed +3] is useful for doubling and killing dragons that are not set up correctly; you would ideally want -Res in this case, but -Def could be workable.

It is not very important. If you are lucky and got an offensive nature, she can be an offensive support unit which is nice, but that is just a cherry on top. Her primary duty should still be Singing.

I personally have not found the Elemental Dances useful, so I usually just remove them from my Dancers/Singers and put Wings of Mercy or Quick Riposte on them instead. I would go for merging your HNY!Azuras.

I'm raising a +att/-res olivia and I was thinking of passing earth dance onto her. idk who uses the passed on hagoita. Maybe I can find a use for it on Titania/Frederick? B!Ike/LA!Hector don't seem to need it and I have my doubts about putting it on a Cherche/Camila

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm raising a +att/-res olivia and I was thinking of passing earth dance onto her. idk who uses the passed on hagoita. Maybe I can find a use for it on Titania/Frederick? B!Ike/LA!Hector don't seem to need it and I have my doubts about putting it on a Cherche/Camila

HNY!Azura seems like the best Hagoita user at the moment since she is a support unit. PA!Azura is a support unit as well, but she already comes with Urðr. Titania wants to keep her Emerald Axe for tanking/countering Reinhardt. Frederic should stick with Brave Axe or Slaying Axe depending on what phase you want to use him in. Cherche should run Brave Axe. Camilla is best used as a flying Titania and tank/counter Reinhardt and other blue mages in my opinion.