"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I have Sigurd/ELiwood but they're -att/+res :

Oscar keeps popping up in my rolls. I might as well raise one and get a merged+ten one. 

What's the deal with Lucius. I keep pulling him and his skills seem kinda.....bad.

Lucius has a pretty good statline for a healer, joint second in attack with 32, and 30 speed is not half-bad either. His bulk is also nicely min-maxed with almost no defense and very high resist. Sure he only has HP+5 as a default skill, but then again all healers just come with one generally mediocre default skill. All you typically want with a healer are easy-to-get skills: Spd+3, Live to Serve/Renewal, and whatever buff in the C-slot.

Incidentally I've only ever had one copy show up and if I were to promote one of my healers now it'd probably be him. But I already have four infantry healers at five-star (all pulled at five-star) so no rush.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Lucius has a pretty good statline for a healer, joint second in attack with 32, and 30 speed is not half-bad either. His bulk is also nicely min-maxed with almost no defense and very high resist. Sure he only has HP+5 as a default skill, but then again all healers just come with one generally mediocre default skill. All you typically want with a healer are easy-to-get skills: Spd+3, Live to Serve/Renewal, and whatever buff in the C-slot.

Incidentally I've only ever had one copy show up and if I were to promote one of my healers now it'd probably be him. But I already have four infantry healers at five-star (all pulled at five-star) so no rush.

I miss my Lucius being able to walk into a map, sit on a forest tile, and proceed to ORKO a mob.

Does Boey's unique earth skill have any use?

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I miss my Lucius being able to walk into a map, sit on a forest tile, and proceed to ORKO a mob.

Earth Boost feels a bit too situational for me, so I've never used it. I suppose it'd probably be used in the same situation where you want to give a pure tank a budget skill like Def+3, Earth Boost might be the better pick. However I've never found myself actually having to make that choice. Besides, Boey might be more valuable as Ignis fodder anyway (and arguably Renewal 2).

42 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Earth Boost feels a bit too situational for me, so I've never used it. I suppose it'd probably be used in the same situation where you want to give a pure tank a budget skill like Def+3, Earth Boost might be the better pick. However I've never found myself actually having to make that choice. Besides, Boey might be more valuable as Ignis fodder anyway (and arguably Renewal 2).

oh yeah ignis is something I'm gonna be using a lot.

I forgot I had Mathilda, Berkut and Tobin. Do they get any mileage if invested in? 

man armored boots on LA!Hector is kinda stupidly cheesy. It just lets him waltz all over the place. 

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

oh yeah ignis is something I'm gonna be using a lot.

I forgot I had Mathilda, Berkut and Tobin. Do they get any mileage if invested in? 

man armored boots on LA!Hector is kinda stupidly cheesy. It just lets him waltz all over the place. 

They have their uses, as does just about any other unit in the game, but it's probably not worth your effort and resources at the moment. Far better to pick the low-hanging fruit when you're just starting out.

7 hours ago, Carter said:

I recently hit 100k feathers, so I was planning to promote a bunch of units at once. However, looking at some builds on the gamepedia for FEH, it looks like some of the units I want to promote don't have their preferred IVs. The units I want to promote aren't for any specific purpose, I just really like these characters, but I don't want to promote them if their boon/bane nature is horrible. Any help?

L'Arachel (+Spd/-HP)

Raven (+Spd/-Def)

Reinhardt (+Atk/-HP)

F!Corrin (+Spd/-HP)

I was also gonna promote Lyon, but his stats are always neutral, so there's nothing to worry about. I was also trying to decide whether a +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-Res Subaki would be better?

All their boons are optimized. It would still be nice to have an optimal defensive bane, but banes do not matter too much as long as your got +Atk/Spd and with neutral Spd/Atk.

Reinhardt got the best nature. -HP makes it easier for him to run Desperatio-Brash Assault if you so choose, and preserving his Speed allows him to run Watersweep-Phantom Speed to shut down some dragons.

For L'Arachel, I lean -Def to preserve her magical bulk, but -HP is just as good since it makes it even easier for her to hit HP thresholds and it makes it easier for her to deal with dragons as long as they do not activate a Special or something on their first counter.

Raven's -Def is a slight bummer, but he should still be able to survive a counter. Once Desperation is active, his Defense does not matter anyways.

F!Corrin is super fast and bulky, so you can give her either a Player Phase, Enemy Phase, or dual phase build. +Spd works with all three different builds and -HP works best with a Player Phase or a dual phase build. Her Attack is a bit low, but it should not be too big of a deal with Refinement since she can target the weaker of Defense or Resistance against ranged units.

For Subaki, if you are using his default set, +Atk is more important to allow him to shut down sword units more reliably as his Attack is kind of low, although Sapphire Lance does help out a lot.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

So you think there's no real point to promoting either?

You can promote Soren if you need 5*+# for Arena, but other wise, 4*+10 is fine for everything else and it is much cheaper too. I want to complete the Hero Catalog so I keep a 5* copy of everything, but if you do not care about that, then 4*+10 is probably the best way to go if you do not need him for Arena. You want to overhaul his entire set anyways, so there is not much you can gain from getting him to 5*. Silver Weapons need a much, much higher Mt to justify not having an effect, so Soren is not really missing out from not having Rexcalibur+.

For Roy, since you already invested in him, you might as well just promote him and merge him. I would not make him a priority though for promotion though, so I would only promote him after you have promoted other more important units.

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

So I got my BK/LA Hector/ LA Eliwood trio done for a makeshift cheap  armor team. Who'd fill out the last slot? I've got an arden, olivia, lissa, and lachesis I'm working on. My neutral Nino is up and ready to go if need be.

I run a triple armor team with BB!Lyn +10 being the fourth member as Arena Assault Team 1. Candlelight does not work too well on Distant Counter armor teams, but being able to heal up bulky armor units is pretty useful to keep Quick Riposte active. I would go with Lachesis or Lissa in your case, and Absorb and Gravity is definitely much better than Candlelight on an Enemy Phase armor team.

I would not run Olivia, as Dancers/Singers work best with ranged units and/or more mobile units. Arden is fine too since he got one of the best B skills.

Armored books on the BK/Hector is funny as shit though. I put threaten defense onto my LA Hector.

If you got TOD!Jakob, it gets even better. [+Atk, Firesweep Bow, Moonbow, Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Def Ploy, Armored Boots] is about as broken as you can get, as he is basically a combination of Firesweep BB!Cordelia and Takumi with Fujin Yumi's special Refinement.

Should I give Eliwood another weapon instead of the casa blanca? I've got bonfire on my eliwood. How should i refine it? What's a good A skill to put on him since that fire boost (sic) one kinda sucks.

Casa Blance is fine since it nullifies enemies' buffs. The best well rounded option is Slaying Lance, but Ridersbane is good too if you have trouble with cavalry units. Other good lances are unfortunately in limited quantities being available from limited or seasonal units.

I have a 5* Grey with -att. I was gonna pass the sword exp. skill onto someone else, but should I opt for passing the zanbato? 

I would just keep Gray if he is your only copy since he can be useful in Arena Assault with Zanbato.

Personally, I have not found Zanbato or Ridersbane to be particularly useful outside of Arena Assault, so if you really want kill of Gray for some reason, I would prioritize inheriting Sword Valor onto Olivia so she can train units better in the Training Tower.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Nino's weapon.  She can work with regular -blade, but if you're going to do this, I suggest going all the way to -blade+.  With horse buffs, Lilina will wreck face.

@Czarpy I am going to add that since LA!Lilina has the highest Attack out of all the cavalry mages, if you want try out the Blade-Close Counter-Vantage meme, LA!Lilina is the pony to try it on. It can be stupid fun, but be wary of buff nullifying Weapons and Panic though, so make sure her teammates have more standard builds to handle those enemies more effectively.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Is Seth a worthwhile investment? His stats seem kinda average-ish. I was thinking of raising Seth/Oscar/Frederick for more horses.

Seth is great for Arena Assault so he only needs minimal investment. Give him Glimmer and replace his A and B slots with a single-stat booster and Quick Riposte/Breaker and he is good to go.

I'm wondering about dagger users. I've got Felicia, Kagero, and Jaffar I'm currently working on. They don't seem to be too good. 

I've noticed that Rebecca kinda sucks.

Dagger units are pretty niche and specialized, so they work better in Arena Assault. You can make them work in Arena, but their teammates have to be top-notch to cover for them. I would not prioritize any of them though since they require heavy investment.

Felicia needs [+Spd/Res, -Def]. I lean towards +Spd to avoid being doubled by mages, but she sometimes need +Res against certain mages designed to crush colorless mage tanks like Celica.

Kagero is good at taking out infantry units, but since many melee infantry run Distant Counter now, Kagero needs to be more careful. Kagero should have no trouble killing infantry mages in one hit though. You can give her Watersweep to specialize her against dragons sans Myrrh.

Jaffar is great at taking out mages due to Deathly Dagger's special Refinement. For his B slot, you can give him Cancel Affinity to counter Raven mages or Poison Strike to further reduce the target's HP if they survive. Windsweep is useful to make him almost as counter proof as Firesweep, so he can focus on debuffing units; the only units who can counter attack would be staff units and dragons.

Rebecca needs to rehaul her skill set, although she can keep Darting Blow if you are feeling cheap. She can run a Brave Bow set but there are better candidates out there.

What's the deal with Lucius. I keep pulling him and his skills seem kinda.....bad.

Similar to Rebecca, he needs to rehaul his skill set. He can run an offensive support build with the right nature and skills. You might want to check Lucius's analysis for inspiration.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

All their boons are optimized. It would still be nice to have an optimal defensive bane, but banes do not matter too much as long as your got +Atk/Spd and with neutral Spd/Atk.

Reinhardt got the best nature. -HP makes it easier for him to run Desperatio-Brash Assault if you so choose, and preserving his Speed allows him to run Watersweep-Phantom Speed to shut down some dragons.

For L'Arachel, I lean -Def to preserve her magical bulk, but -HP is just as good since it makes it even easier for her to hit HP thresholds and it makes it easier for her to deal with dragons as long as they do not activate a Special or something on their first counter.

Raven's -Def is a slight bummer, but he should still be able to survive a counter. Once Desperation is active, his Defense does not matter anyways.

F!Corrin is super fast and bulky, so you can give her either a Player Phase, Enemy Phase, or dual phase build. +Spd works with all three different builds and -HP works best with a Player Phase or a dual phase build. Her Attack is a bit low, but it should not be too big of a deal with Refinement since she can target the weaker of Defense or Resistance against ranged units.

For Subaki, if you are using his default set, +Atk is more important to allow him to shut down sword units more reliably as his Attack is kind of low, although Sapphire Lance does help out a lot.

You can promote Soren if you need 5*+# for Arena, but other wise, 4*+10 is fine for everything else and it is much cheaper too. I want to complete the Hero Catalog so I keep a 5* copy of everything, but if you do not care about that, then 4*+10 is probably the best way to go if you do not need him for Arena. You want to overhaul his entire set anyways, so there is not much you can gain from getting him to 5*. Silver Weapons need a much, much higher Mt to justify not having an effect, so Soren is not really missing out from not having Rexcalibur+.

For Roy, since you already invested in him, you might as well just promote him and merge him. I would not make him a priority though for promotion though, so I would only promote him after you have promoted other more important units.

I run a triple armor team with BB!Lyn +10 being the fourth member as Arena Assault Team 1. Candlelight does not work too well on Distant Counter armor teams, but being able to heal up bulky armor units is pretty useful to keep Quick Riposte active. I would go with Lachesis or Lissa in your case, and Absorb and Gravity is definitely much better than Candlelight on an Enemy Phase armor team.

I was going to go with Lissa since her nature's +def/-res. Arden's being built up, but he's only 4* since I didn't get the 5* TT one due to irl stuff. I'm saving him for the future when I have more feathers. My other option is Effie.

I would not run Olivia, as Dancers/Singers work best with ranged units and/or more mobile units. Arden is fine too since he got one of the best B skills.

Yeah I was thinking of going with using Olivia on other things.

If you got TOD!Jakob, it gets even better. [+Atk, Firesweep Bow, Moonbow, Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Def Ploy, Armored Boots] is about as broken as you can get, as he is basically a combination of Firesweep BB!Cordelia and Takumi with Fujin Yumi's special Refinement.

I await the chance to pull that Jakob someday. Armoured boots is so stupidly fun to use on dudes like BK/LA!Hector. I can imagine the frustration this is going to cause in the arena, especially if they release an armor dancer/singer

Casa Blance is fine since it nullifies enemies' buffs. The best well rounded option is Slaying Lance, but Ridersbane is good too if you have trouble with cavalry units. Other good lances are unfortunately in limited quantities being available from limited or seasonal units.

I'm probably gonna stick with the casa blance. I don't have the other two options easily availible since it'd mean promoting someone.

I would just keep Gray if he is your only copy since he can be useful in Arena Assault with Zanbato.

May as well keep him for now.

Personally, I have not found Zanbato or Ridersbane to be particularly useful outside of Arena Assault, so if you really want kill of Gray for some reason, I would prioritize inheriting Sword Valor onto Olivia so she can train units better in the Training Tower.

If I get my hands on another grey, one of them is gonna give sword valor to olivia. 

@Czarpy I am going to add that since LA!Lilina has the highest Attack out of all the cavalry mages, if you want try out the Blade-Close Counter-Vantage meme, LA!Lilina is the pony to try it on. It can be stupid fun, but be wary of buff nullifying Weapons and Panic though, so make sure her teammates have more standard builds to handle those enemies more effectively.

I might just try that sometime. It should be fun in the right team, and it could be frustrating in the arena.

Seth is great for Arena Assault so he only needs minimal investment. Give him Glimmer and replace his A and B slots with a single-stat booster and Quick Riposte/Breaker and he is good to go.

Guess I'll just build one on the cheap. Not the highest priority for horses atm.

Dagger units are pretty niche and specialized, so they work better in Arena Assault. You can make them work in Arena, but their teammates have to be top-notch to cover for them. I would not prioritize any of them though since they require heavy investment.

Felicia needs [+Spd/Res, -Def]. I lean towards +Spd to avoid being doubled by mages, but she sometimes need +Res against certain mages designed to crush colorless mage tanks like Celica.

Kagero is good at taking out infantry units, but since many melee infantry run Distant Counter now, Kagero needs to be more careful. Kagero should have no trouble killing infantry mages in one hit though. You can give her Watersweep to specialize her against dragons sans Myrrh.

Jaffar is great at taking out mages due to Deathly Dagger's special Refinement. For his B slot, you can give him Cancel Affinity to counter Raven mages or Poison Strike to further reduce the target's HP if they survive. Windsweep is useful to make him almost as counter proof as Firesweep, so he can focus on debuffing units; the only units who can counter attack would be staff units and dragons.

I've noticed that the kagami mochi+ from NY!Takumi might just go well on Felicia since it boosts res. 

Rebecca needs to rehaul her skill set, although she can keep Darting Blow if you are feeling cheap. She can run a Brave Bow set but there are better candidates out there.

Wouldn't be the first time Rebecca sucks in FE.

Similar to Rebecca, he needs to rehaul his skill set. He can run an offensive support build with the right nature and skills. You might want to check Lucius's analysis for inspiration.

I've got a bunch of berukas and they don't seem to have good skills to pass down. I'm gonna keep her on the back bench as a +10 merged unit just for kicks.

Man I wish Hawkeye didn't suck. He's nice skill fodder, but damn...... I don't think he's gonna be all that good without a ton of investment.

4 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I've noticed that the kagami mochi+ from NY!Takumi might just go well on Felicia since it boosts res. 

Felicia's Plate is better in my opinion since it targets the weaker of Defense or Resistance, and she gets cool down charge +1 against mages so she can still activate Iceberg in time.

9 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I've got a bunch of berukas and they don't seem to have good skills to pass down. I'm gonna keep her on the back bench as a +10 merged unit just for kicks.

Similar to Seth or any less optimal characters, they are all great for Arena Assault and they only need minimal investment to do well in that mode.

10 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Man I wish Hawkeye didn't suck. He's nice skill fodder, but damn...... I don't think he's gonna be all that good without a ton of investment.

He is great in Arena Assault. Just sacrifice an Arthur to inherit Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 2 and he is all set.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Felicia's Plate is better in my opinion since it targets the weaker of Defense or Resistance, and she gets cool down charge +1 against mages so she can still activate Iceberg in time.

Similar to Seth or any less optimal characters, they are all great for Arena Assault and they only need minimal investment to do well in that mode.

He is great in Arena Assault. Just sacrifice an Arthur to inherit Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 2 and he is all set.

welp

my armor trio's been netting me the orbs from those pesky lunatic story stages on autoplay. I got the S support boosts onto the BK and it seems to be permanent. What fun!

I'm in a really low arena tier right now and I just set my team to LA!Hector/Eliwood, BK, and Nino. I slapped a threaten defense 3 onto nino/hector just for shits and giggles. For seals, BK has armored boots, Hector has quickened pulse, Eliwood's running with threaten attack, and Nino's running attack ploy. The three armors have armor buff skills on them.

I'd imagine it to be frustrating to people in low tiers, but it probably gets smashed to shit when people who know what they're doing show up.

10 hours ago, Carter said:

I actually only have 1 horse mage: Reinhardt (+Def/-Atk, which is why I wanted to promote the other one). I was thinking of giving her Life and Death 3 to bring her attack and speed up to 52 and 39 respecitvely? I know you can't refine Ivaldi, but I was thinking the sacred seal could bump that speed up to 42, which looks pretty good to me! And that reminds me, I've been meaning to promote a +Atk/-Res Cecilia as well! But I'd rather promote these guys first.

Raven will be a definite promotion for me. I know -Res would be better, but -Def would make both stats 22, and then with the refine, both would be 17. Seems fine to me!

The -HP kinda bothered me, especially since the Reinhardt I already have had somewhat good defense, so I thought it would be a big drop in how much damage he could sustain. But seeing as how I won't be using him to bait enemies anyways, the -HP is fine.

How do you think F!Corrin would be with Fury or Triangle Adept? I currently have a Fae (+HP/-Spd... yikes) and Myrrh (+HP/-Atk... also yikes), so I have 3/4 of a dragon team set up! I'd love to have a Tiki or Ninian to complete it in the future.

WAIT u can't refine the diamond weapons??? bruh. alright, +Atk sounds better! Maybe Fury could help him.

That's a very good speed parameter for a fast horse and Ivaldi and horse buffs would make her a good powerhouse, especially with skills like Desperation, but her res is actually pretty good as is, so losing that is somewhat of a concern. That Cecilia is alright, though I recommend waiting for -Def. I have promoted one with +Spd/-Def and even then she's not hitting great speeds. +Atk would be better for a single attack Gronnlade and Gronnraven builds.

17 defences either way is of course a pretty brutal stat, but with his refine you want his offences anyway.

Yeah, you could be doing worse with this Rein.

F!Corrin in my experience has always felt lacking with her attack, hence my recommendation for +Atk. With TA, green dragons and mages will just be beating her faster than they would be already and are more likely to 1-shot, while red mages might have more trouble and red swords will have a tougher time taking a crack at her. Fury would push her durability up a bit sure, but the -6 HP isn't something I think works well for tanks you expect to take more than 2-3 rounds of combat and F!Corrin can do that for physical weapons pretty well imo.

Yeah the lack of refine somewhat annoys me with them. The devs might choose to change that, but even as is +Atk is the better choice. I use Fortress Def on mine, which might be an interesting build to consider for +Spd Subaki.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, Soren's not really in the place where I'm making him a regular for much of anything. I've got some pretty general skills on my 4*, but he's nowhere near as useful as most of my other mages, even Merric can have some niche use with his defence.

Roy doesn't really have much in the way of competition for promotion as is though. Which did you think was the better IV set?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Roy doesn't really have much in the way of competition for promotion as is though. Which did you think was the better IV set?

The safest bet is +Spd if you plan to keep Binding Blade. It also allows you to Speed stack with Weapon Refinement (if you switch Weapons) and Speed +3. Speed stacking also improves his Enemy Phase survivability just in case you accidentally left him in Enemy Range or something. You can always switch Speed +3 to Attack +3 later if you wish you had +Atk's power.

On 2/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, XRay said:

Should be fine. Make sure he has Quick Riposte Sacred Seal and preferably Moonbow too.

@Czarpy

Valentine Hector (Berserk Armads, Bonfire, Wrath 3, Quickened Pulse) also works well. You don't need to hit twice when you get +40 damage on every counterattack. He has 84/94/104 effective Atk (slashes for weapon triangle) with neutral Atk and 87/98/109 if +Atk.

17 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Boost skills are extremely situational and become less and less useful as you get higher in the Arena (because you will be seeing more armors, most of whom have very high HP). You generally get better performance out of a Blow or Stance/Breath skill. A restriction by phase is easier to work with and more reliable than a restriction by current HP (especially because most characters are better at running single-phase builds instead of mixed-phase builds).

38 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

it turns out the Nephenee I've been raising is +att/-def. 

Should I upgrade the lance to a slaying lance? I really want to make her work.

Refine it? Very much so, probably with the Speed refine. Fairly soon you'll find yourself running out of stuff to spend refining stones on - people are finding themselves spending them on whatever's available just to get the dew.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Refine it? Very much so, probably with the Speed refine. Fairly soon you'll find yourself running out of stuff to spend refining stones on - people are finding themselves spending them on whatever's available just to get the dew.

welp. 

I kinda want to keep saving orbs to roll on the current seasonal banner. That armor lyn looks handy.

I've been raising Oscar and he seems kinda interesting with a firesweep lance and drag back. It seems that he's got better stats than Roderick and seems to be good for budget reasons. When the rest of the greil mercenaries arrive, I can finally use the three brothers together.

Is Soren worth investing in? watersweep seems like an awkward skill on him.

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

He needs to rehaul his entire skill set. He can run Gronnblade and double as a back up Nino.

If you want to keep his default skill set as much as possible, he can specialize against dragons, but Firesweep archers can do that job better as they have their B and Sacred Seal slot free for Poison Strike to deal more damage.

Soren +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Rexcalibur [Speed Refinement], Moonbow
Life and Death, Watersweep
Phantom Speed

Archer +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow, Moonbow
Life and Death, Poison Strike
Poison Strike

4 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

How do i get a Brave Hero Ike? It's possible to summon him?

He should be available to all new players for free along with three other Brave Heroes, although you can only pick one of the four. I believe you have to go to the Summon screen and scroll through the banners. I highly recommend picking BH!Lyn instead of BH!Ike since she helps you clear content a lot faster. If Ike is your favorite character and you do not mind the challenge, then picking BH!Ike is fine.

It is possible to summon him as he is not a seasonal unit.

Edited by XRay

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

welp. 

I kinda want to keep saving orbs to roll on the current seasonal banner. That armor lyn looks handy.

I've been raising Oscar and he seems kinda interesting with a firesweep lance and drag back. It seems that he's got better stats than Roderick and seems to be good for budget reasons. When the rest of the greil mercenaries arrive, I can finally use the three brothers together.

Soren is just an inferior Nino, and that's *if* you invest heavily in him. Given that you're just starting work in Nino, he would be very low priority (and you might get another green mage in the meantime). Just as a point of comparison, +Spd Soren has the same offensive statline as neutral Nino and would need to be passed Gronnblade+ anyway just to match her. Definitely just a backup for now.

4 minutes ago, Tavolaro said:

How do i get a Brave Hero Ike? It's possible to summon him?

He is in the general pool, so it's possible to summon him off-focus, but your chances are a fraction of a percent. Your best bet would be to wait and see if he's on the Legendary Heroes banner that starts next week. Technically he's due to be included because all other CYL heroes have been in the previous three Legendary banners, however he was part of the Hero Fest banner this month so they may choose to skip him.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

He needs to rehaul his entire skill set. He can run Gronnblade and double as a back up Nino.

If you want to keep his default skill set as much as possible, he can specialize against dragons, but Firesweep archers can do that job better as they have their B and Sacred Seal slot free for Poison Strike to deal more damage.

Soren +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Rexcalibur [Speed Refinement], Moonbow
Life and Death, Watersweep
Phantom Speed

Archer +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow, Moonbow
Life and Death, Poison Strike
Poison Strike

ugh what the fuck.

I guess I'll wait for a rehaul or a another version. 

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Soren is just an inferior Nino, and that's *if* you invest heavily in him. Given that you're just starting work in Nino, he would be very low priority (and you might get another green mage in the meantime). Just as a point of comparison, +Spd Soren has the same offensive statline as neutral Nino and would need to be passed Gronnblade+ anyway just to match her. Definitely just a backup for now.

I'm already raising a Neutral nature nino in addition to green mage cavalry. I could be wrong, but there's probably no real need for another green mage unless I somehow get a green armor mage.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm already raising a Neutral nature nino in addition to green mage cavalry. I could be wrong, but there's probably no real need for another green mage unless I somehow get a green armor mage.

You will need about at least another two or three Gronnraven mages in addition to your regular offensive green mages for Arena Assault. Gronnraven mages are a staple as a hard counter to both BH!Lyn and Reinhardt that appear frequently. I have Boey and F!Robin as Gronnraven mages, along with Gordin, Sophia, and M!Robin as additional BH!Lyn counters and Julia and Sonya (she got a bad nature, so I am just giving her Triangle Adept to function as a tank) as Reinhardt counters.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

He doesn’t shout “I’LL DO MY BEST!!11” all the time, and thus is completely superior.

Fortunately I play with sound only about 10% of the time. But I am merging all the Sorens I get, so he probably actually will end up better than my unmerged Nino at some point, even if I never care enough to give him the upgraded Gronnblade. I'm yet to get a good base copy though.

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

You will need about at least another two or three Gronnraven mages in addition to your regular offensive green mages for Arena Assault. Gronnraven mages are a staple as a hard counter to both BH!Lyn and Reinhardt that appear frequently. I have Boey and F!Robin as Gronnraven mages, along with Gordin, Sophia, and M!Robin as additional BH!Lyn counters and Julia and Sonya (she got a bad nature, so I am just giving her Triangle Adept to function as a tank) as Reinhardt counters.

oh yeah F!Robin.

I just got her to 4*.

Man Reinhardt is stupidly powerful.

Hey folks so I decided im gunna do a distant counter  roy build (Infantry unit) So I currently have two ivs at the movement. ATK+/DEF- and ATK+/RES-. which one would be better and i was planning on doing a 10+ so what would be better ivs? I do have skills in mind but i was looking for maybe ideas and great allies for him. Thanks 

19 minutes ago, PB&J said:

Hey folks so I decided im gunna do a distant counter  roy build (Infantry unit) So I currently have two ivs at the movement. ATK+/DEF- and ATK+/RES-. which one would be better and i was planning on doing a 10+ so what would be better ivs? I do have skills in mind but i was looking for maybe ideas and great allies for him. Thanks 

-Def is preferred in this case, the number one reason being that the native DC swords (Ike, other Ike, Ryoma, BK and Xander) are all defense-oriented so this would let Roy fill a different niche. Besides, his res is higher than his def already so you might as well enhance his strengths rather than try to cover his weaknesses.