"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I have two Myrrhs', one is Def+/Atk- and the other one is Atk+/hp- and I wonder which one is better. Def+ helps with her gimmick, on the other hand atk+ is always good and her hp is decent. 

Since I have an extra Hector Valentine, would it make sense to give Myrrh distant counter? That would allow her to take care of fast mages and with Iote shield fast brave bow Lyns'.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WyvernQueen said:

On 2/18/2018 at 6:53 PM, WyvernQueen said:

So I saw a build for Felicia that used Life and Death and the Fortress Res seal and I'm debated whether or not it's better than giving her fury (mine is neutral since I promoted her before her new weapon was released and that was the best one I had). It's basically +2 atk, +5 speed, - 5 defense, and no fury damage vs +3 to everything and an open sacred seal spot. What do you guys think about this?

I didn't get an answer to this so I'd like to try again, if that's ok. Does Felicia prefer more atk or more speed with her plate?

Assuming it’s a refined Felicia’s Plate, and the Felicia in question is intended to be used as a mixed-phase mage check, I would say she prefers more Spd to help net doubles; she gets plenty of damage from one-round Glacies activations.

I would also check out the Felicia Analysis thread, if you haven’t already. I’m personally thinking about giving my Felicia a more EP focused set for the greater Res stacking potential and the ability to use QR for virtually guaranteed doubles.

Okay, so the banner of the new weaponry we have in store (Caeda, Raven, Hinoka and Felicia) is now in place, and most of the videos in YouTube revolve around Raven's Life & Death 6 and Felicia's tiny plate, but what is a good build for Caeda and Hinoka? I got a 5* Hinoka and I was thinking of getting Caeda too because GLUE FACTOR ehem... Wing Sword's the second Rapier type weapon in Heroes (First one being Micaiah's Thani), so what should be a better build for them?

Also, RIP old account of mine, had a 5* Caeda and she's the first 5* too... :'(  RIP Zegron, 2017-2017 (yeah it lasted a few months because im an idiot not to get a nintendo acct)

REPOST

So I checked my bronze rarities and I got a few perfect natured ones.

+ att/-res Adult Tiki

Oh hey another DC weapon. What fun. 

+spd/-res Saizo

Idk about  dagger users, but hey he's got a good nature.

I'm thinking of putting the Kagami mochi+ onto a Kagero since I have an extra NY Takumi with a +att/-spd nature. (Gonna use the +def/-res one since it doesn't cut into his speed) 

So I'm raising my 5* Christmas Cavs from fe1/3 that I had laying around. I'm gonna get them maxed out to check the natures. Besides, if they're crap natures, I've got a bunch of copies of each of them so I can just mix and match to find the best merge.

Abel seems to be a really good budget Blue horse. Brave Lance+Swordbreaker seems to work well.

I've got a 5* Jeorge I'm levelling. Is giving his parthia a +eff refinement a good idea? 

21 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Assuming it’s a refined Felicia’s Plate, and the Felicia in question is intended to be used as a mixed-phase mage check, I would say she prefers more Spd to help net doubles; she gets plenty of damage from one-round Glacies activations.

I would also check out the Felicia Analysis thread, if you haven’t already. I’m personally thinking about giving my Felicia a more EP focused set for the greater Res stacking potential and the ability to use QR for virtually guaranteed doubles.

Ok thanks! For a EP build, what would you recommend for an A skill? I'm not a fan of fury on tanks and unfortunately I don't have any bond skills to give her. Would it be overkill to have atk+3 in the A slot and then Fortress Res as a seal? Honestly, I'm just trying to see if I can get a use out of the Fortress Res seal because it doesn't really seem that useful.

6 hours ago, Czarpy said:

What's the deal with Lyon. His stats make him look like Sophia.

Lyons advantage over Sophia is that he doesn't need to inherit Rauðrraven+, since his tome has the same effect and +3 Mt. Give him TA3, Iceberg and QR (or Bowbreaker) and he'll help you a lot. I'm running him currently on my TTs team (TA3/QR2/Iceberg, Distand Def 3 Seal) and he usually takes only damage from colorless units or green mages if they run a special with 2 cooldown charges like Sonya, but he'll kill most of them on EP (or on PP with charged Iceberg). Some red mages and most swords will kill him in one round though (that's why Eliwood is on his team).

37 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I've got a 5* Jeorge I'm levelling. Is giving his parthia a +eff refinement a good idea? 

I really want to give my Jeorge that refinement, but sadly Divine Dew is a very limited resource and there are units which profit far more from a "big" refinement (i.e. Caeda, Raven, Felicia, Alm). 

I think I have to make a tough decision and need some input. I do have a +ATK -RES who's already 5* and 4* +SPD -HP Raven, but don't know which IVs to use. I guess both are good. So which one would you use? (Then I need to decide who wants a weapon refinement most... Raven, +ATK Alm, Marth, Michalis or Eldigan, ugh.)

1 hour ago, Will O'Donnell said:

...but what is a good build for Caeda and Hinoka?

For Caeda, you might get some mileage out of perusing the Wing Sword set in the Analysis thread. Or at least, I hope so.

If I had to super-compress it, I’d probably say something along the lines of:

• She really wants DC to leverage that Res stat. Swift Sparrow is nice if you have it, and want to go full offense. Fury is fine as a budget option, which I imagine is what most people would use, since the former two are pretty rare.
  • She probably wants Quick Riposte for a defense focused set, because fast enemies are pretty darn fast nowadays, and DC doesn’t boost her Spd. Offense focused sets still like Desperation.
  • She wants to be on a Flier team - preferably using Goads. She can carry Goad herself for that, or just use her natural Fortify.
  • Reposition for her assist. Attack + or Def Ploy for her seal...usually.
  • She can pick Moonbow (one-round activation with Desperation, for offense sets), Luna/Iceberg (one-round activation, if she doubles an enemy that initiates or counterattacks, and does not have Desperation), or Glacies (charge in one round, activate in the next, for offense or defense sets) for her special.
1 hour ago, WyvernQueen said:

Ok thanks! For a EP build, what would you recommend for an A skill? I'm not a fan of fury on tanks and unfortunately I don't have any bond skills to give her. Would it be overkill to have atk+3 in the A slot and then Fortress Res as a seal? Honestly, I'm just trying to see if I can get a use out of the Fortress Res seal because it doesn't really seem that useful.

Distant Def outclasses Fortress Res for her seal (more Res, no Atk drop), unless it’s strapped to another unit. I’m not sure what I’d use Fortress Res for either, tbh.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Distant Def outclasses Fortress Res for her seal (more Res, no Atk drop), unless it’s strapped to another unit. I’m not sure what I’d use Fortress Res for either, tbh.

Fortress Res is specifically for Ploy bots because the skills that give more Res than Fortress Res don't do so outside of combat.

8 hours ago, Rezanator said:

I have two Myrrhs', one is Def+/Atk- and the other one is Atk+/hp- and I wonder which one is better. Def+ helps with her gimmick, on the other hand atk+ is always good and her hp is decent. 

Since I have an extra Hector Valentine, would it make sense to give Myrrh distant counter? That would allow her to take care of fast mages and with Iote shield fast brave bow Lyns'.

That is kinda a tough one. As much as I love my +DEF one I am tempted to recommend +ATK. You can make a nice Heavy Blade Seal build out of plus Attack with her default Fury. 58 is enough to use Heavy Blade. As you said dropping her HP doesn't hurt her too much. Neither does -ATK, many of the match-ups it costs her are against reds and the occasional green. Hardly a terrible bane, even if not ideal.

Yeah, if you got DC you also are dedicating her seal slot to Iote's pretty much. I would be more tempted to go +DEF on that one. Mostly because the lost attack doesn't hurt much if you aren't ever going to make use of Heavy Blade and QR guarntee's doubling and doubling with 30 base attack is still solid enough most of the time when you add in the special proc. And the extra defense lets her survive some things she really shouldn't. Basically a standard DC+QR+Iote's build benefits more from +DEF than +ATK and the -ATK doesn't really hurt it TOO much. -RES or -SPD would be better, but -ATK isn't super crippling as long as you weren't ever planning to use Heavy Blade.

Long story short as a unit with really high BST you need to decide what you are going to do with her. If you just want her as a DC enemy phase unit, buffing her defense, even at the cost of her ATK, can be a really good choice. If you want to play with Heavy Blade or use her on Player Phase you are going to want every point of attack you can get. Good news is the Dragon Stone's defense targeting effect works on 2-rangers even if you are the one initiating :D.

So I put Fury and Vantage onto Xander. I'm not so sure what C skill to give him or what support skill to give him.

I did NY!Corrin with

Hama Ya+def refinement

Rally def/res

Att/def +2

Renewal

Spur def/res.

Should I swap things around?

Edited by Czarpy

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Usana said:

That is kinda a tough one. As much as I love my +DEF one I am tempted to recommend +ATK. You can make a nice Heavy Blade Seal build out of plus Attack with her default Fury. 58 is enough to use Heavy Blade. As you said dropping her HP doesn't hurt her too much. Neither does -ATK, many of the match-ups it costs her are against reds and the occasional green. Hardly a terrible bane, even if not ideal.

Yeah, if you got DC you also are dedicating her seal slot to Iote's pretty much. I would be more tempted to go +DEF on that one. Mostly because the lost attack doesn't hurt much if you aren't ever going to make use of Heavy Blade and QR guarntee's doubling and doubling with 30 base attack is still solid enough most of the time when you add in the special proc. And the extra defense lets her survive some things she really shouldn't. Basically a standard DC+QR+Iote's build benefits more from +DEF than +ATK and the -ATK doesn't really hurt it TOO much. -RES or -SPD would be better, but -ATK isn't super crippling as long as you weren't ever planning to use Heavy Blade.

Long story short as a unit with really high BST you need to decide what you are going to do with her. If you just want her as a DC enemy phase unit, buffing her defense, even at the cost of her ATK, can be a really good choice. If you want to play with Heavy Blade or use her on Player Phase you are going to want every point of attack you can get. Good news is the Dragon Stone's defense targeting effect works on 2-rangers even if you are the one initiating :D.

Thanks for the information. I am going to have to think it over, though I am leaning more towards the enemy phase Myrrh.

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

So I put Fury and Vantage onto Xander. I'm not so sure what C skill to give him or what support skill to give him.

I would give Xander Bonfire and have him run Quick Riposte Sacred Seal too. Bonfire-Vantage Hector was a nightmare to deal with back in the day on an Arena defense team. If you are using him yourself for Arena offense, you may want to abuse that gimmick against the AI and run a staff cavalry to heal up Xander in case his HP gets too low. And make sure his teammates run Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry.

Xander should run Hone Cavalry to buff up Reinhardt or any other Player Phase cavalry teammates.

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I did NY!Corrin with

Hama Ya+def refinement

Rally def/res

Att/def +2

Renewal

Spur def/res.

Should I swap things around?

You might want to run a Bond skill and a ranged Breaker for more protection. Since an ally would be between him and the enemy, I do not think he needs to worry about melee opponents as much.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would give Xander Bonfire and have him run Quick Riposte Sacred Seal too. Bonfire-Vantage Hector was a nightmare to deal with back in the day on an Arena defense team. If you are using him yourself for Arena offense, you may want to abuse that gimmick against the AI and run a staff cavalry to heal up Xander in case his HP gets too low. And make sure his teammates run Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry.

Xander should run Hone Cavalry to buff up Reinhardt or any other Player Phase cavalry teammates.

You might want to run a Bond skill and a ranged Breaker for more protection. Since an ally would be between him and the enemy, I do not think he needs to worry about melee opponents as much.

I don't have the QR seal. :/ I got sidetracked during the stuff for the new years tempest trial and only got the two TT units.

Gonna give Xander a hone cavalry once I get someone who can pass it off.

Hmn I have a spare takumi for an att/res bond, but then he's also the only spare kagami mochi source I have now. I gave NY!Corrin green tome breaker. I don't want to burn one of my GHB F!Robins just to pass blue tome breaker. (She's fun to use too)

I'm considering promoting titania for the emerald axe+. 

Turns out my Abel's a +spd/-res one. I'm happy enough with that. Got him maxed out and he came as a 5* anyways. If I pull another 5* Abel, the one with the worse nature is passing skills onto someone else. 

Would a +att/-res effie work with my LA!Hector/BK armor duo? LA!Eliwood is sweet and all but I kinda want a more offensive option on the side just in case.

Turns out one of my Arthurs has a +spd/-res nature. Does he need anything outside of the emerald axe+lancebreaker he comes with? I'm just raising him to have another arena assault option. I've gone through some of my lower rarity units and it turns out that my sole Hawkeye's a neutral nature.

Raising a +att/-res Lilina, +att tharja, and a neutral tailtu. What's the best tomes for them  down the line. 

Edited by Czarpy

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Gonna give Xander a hone cavalry once I get someone who can pass it off.

The only one who can is Gunter, at 4★. There have been two Gunters freely available from daily rotating hero battles.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The only one who can is Gunter, at 4★. There have been two Gunters freely available from daily rotating hero battles.

oh yeah that's a cheap option.

gonna raise Clarine and get hero to +10 merges for fun.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:40 PM, Vaximillian said:

He turned him into a Minerva on a horse, as far as I remember. Here’s to hoping he notices the ping and explains more because I wasn’t quite involved with the project.

Yup, that's what I did to him, except with Fury 3.

Do note that you'll need a full Cavalry team to unleash its full potential. @Von Ithipathachai

My setup often involve 2 Hones/1 Fortify/1 Goad.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I don't have the QR seal. :/ I got sidetracked during the stuff for the new years tempest trial and only got the two TT units.

Ah. Sorry about that. I keep forgetting.

Would a +att/-res effie work with my LA!Hector/BK armor duo? LA!Eliwood is sweet and all but I kinda want a more offensive option on the side just in case.

You may want to run Effie with Brave Lance for an offensive armor unit. I would still keep her Wary Fighter for protection though.

Turns out one of my Arthurs has a +spd/-res nature. Does he need anything outside of the emerald axe+lancebreaker he comes with? I'm just raising him to have another arena assault option. I've gone through some of my lower rarity units and it turns out that my sole Hawkeye's a neutral nature.

You may want to give him Glimmer or Moonbow, whichever is cheaper for you, but Glimmer is more effective as well as being generally cheaper since it has pretty low demand outside of Arena Assault builds and Blade mages. Other than that, you can fill his A slot with whatever cheap single stat booster you can find; Attack +3 makes it easier for him to kill super bulky lance units, while Defense +3 ensures he is bulky against lance units so he can keep Lancebreaker active longer.

Hawkeye is great with Arthur's Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker. If Hector and LA!Hector ever break your pity rate, you can have Hawkeye cannibalize them for Distant Counter and he will be an amazing blue counter with his high physical and magical bulk. Titania would also be a good candidate for Distant Counter as she has really good movement.

While Arena Assault units have ideal natures that you want them to have, having ideal natures is generally unnecessary. Even [+HP, -Atk] are usable for most characters since Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept-Glimmer-Breaker does an insane of amount of damage.

Spoiler

So is Skadi's range of effect

I  I  I

I O I 

I  I  I

or

I  I  I

-------------------

--------O---------

--------------------

I  I  I

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Do note that you'll need a full Cavalry team to unleash its full potential. @Von Ithipathachai

I never really intended to use any of my cavalry units outside of Horse Emblem teams, so that won't be much of a problem.

Hey all, I have a question of who is better to pull for.

I've been lucky these past few banners and got all the green units i need, so I'm pulling exclusively blue. My question is is it better to try for the Lyn armor mage or Hardin with Gradivus? I still have no units with armor march so my team always feels immobile, but gradivus with distant counter sounds really  nice. Honestly I like LA Eliwood's stat spread more but he doesn't have distant counter and I'm unsure how to spend my orbs. Any advice?

8 minutes ago, Molo said:

Hey all, I have a question of who is better to pull for.

I've been lucky these past few banners and got all the green units i need, so I'm pulling exclusively blue. My question is is it better to try for the Lyn armor mage or Hardin with Gradivus? I still have no units with armor march so my team always feels immobile, but gradivus with distant counter sounds really  nice. Honestly I like LA Eliwood's stat spread more but he doesn't have distant counter and I'm unsure how to spend my orbs. Any advice?

Just follow your feeling, which one do you prefer? One thing to be sure is Hardin has higher base stat than LA Lyn. But Lyn will be more flexible with Armor March and being range unit. 

Personally, I have her with bad IV(-atk) so I'm trying to draw a better one. Afterward, I will start with new banner. I want to slap Bold Fighter on her.

Today I got my Cordelia (+ATK/-HP) to 5*+6. As she is getting near to the magical "10", I'm thinking what build to give her. She is a fixed member of my arena team and this would make me do some expensive investments. Currently she runs TA3/Brave+/Swordbreaker3 (Drag Back/Hit&Run)/Goad Fliers/Reposition/Galefoce, which works in arena but is kind of boring.

My Tana already runs Firesweep+/LnD, I don't want to go that route with Cordelia.

@Maaka made a great Cordelia (see here) with Slaying Axe+. While I'm missing the +SPD nature and a spare Elincia, I could replace Fury with Swift Sparrow (still the same spare Lyn rotting in my barracks). 

Are there any other cool builds for her that I'm missing? 

- - - - - - - - -

@Molo I know that doesn't make your decision easier, but two of the three blue dancers in FEH are currently featured on banners + Hinoka who is a very good flying lancer. I don't think LA!Lyn and Hardin are bad units, but I'm not a big fan of armors. You want to build an armor team anyway, but you don't have a ranged armor unit? Then Lyn should get priority. 

@Molo I agree with mampfoid on if you want an armor team you really want at least one of the ranged armors if you don't have one yet. And Lyn is probably the best of the three. For some reason Henry just never really managed much for me(though I suspect it is because most of my heavy hitting armors are green, so he just is struggling to displace the powerhouses competing for that slot), and Tharja is very heavy stapled to being an enemy phase unit. Lyn however, can be whatever she wants. Though blue armor competition is becoming fierce now as well.

Now for my questions, I am pretty sure most people will agree with me, but it never hurts to get a second opinion. Mage Eirika is stalking me so now I can choose between +SPD/-HP or +ATK/-RES. Pretty sure the extra speed is better in general, but what do you think.

Question 2: What would you do with a +RES/-ATK Mia.  I think I will level her up over the weekend along side my Eliwood. Of course she is also the bearer of Flashing Blade, and I have a couple speedsters who would like that. However one is my 4*+10 Athena and she is basically just a weaker Mia since Mia is just Athena with a couple points added to each stat(2 more HP/SPD and 1 more ATK/DEF/RES). Though being +10 she gets some nice stat boosts and she can refine her Wo-Dao for something other than attack and a free 5 point boost to HP. That said I would be kinda loathe to use flashing blade for that, I already gave Athena Life and Death after all. How many premium A slots does she need? Though I suppose Life and Death 3 isn't quite as premium as it once was.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I never really intended to use any of my cavalry units outside of Horse Emblem teams, so that won't be much of a problem.

Given that your Frederick is +SPD, with a SPD-forged Slaying Axe, a maxed-out SPD seal and Fury; he can reach 38 SPD at base. Factor in Hone and Goad; that's going to reach 48.

LaD variants reach 40 without buffs and 50 with the power of Hone and Goad Cavalry. Funny thing is that I did a similar setup with Cherche given that she also can reach the same speed as Frederick. Since he's going to be on the Offensive, give him Desperation for guaranteed doubles with a Slaying Axe once his HP reaches the required threshold.

Edited by Frosty