"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

+Spd/-HP or +HP/-Spd for Hector

Unless you want to try the non relevant speedy hector set,

+HP -Spd

It'll help with HP brackets for the Wary Fighter Armads QR seal set (which is really good on him)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So I got two boon/bane quandaries:

+Res/-Atk or +HP/-Spd for regular Ike aka pick my poison
+Spd/-HP or +HP/-Spd for Hector

For Hector, I would go with -Spd since he does not need it. +HP kind of sucks, but at least it gives him slightly more physical and magical bulk.

For Ike, I would go with -Spd as well unless you prefer having less deaths over more kills.

Ike
Ragnell, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase [+Res, -Atk] 144:21:63
Enemy Phase [+HP, -Spd] 155:39:34

I had hoped that they’d re-run the old seasonal banners, (since I’m new and missed everything from last year) but it looks like they’re going to have new Easter alts instead of last years. I don’t really care about those or these new ones, but I’m worried this means I won’t be able to get Halloween Henry or Jakob next fall. Is there still any chance of them reappearing in banners?

10 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I had hoped that they’d re-run the old seasonal banners, (since I’m new and missed everything from last year) but it looks like they’re going to have new Easter alts instead of last years. I don’t really care about those or these new ones, but I’m worried this means I won’t be able to get Halloween Henry or Jakob next fall. Is there still any chance of them reappearing in banners?

They might still rerun the old banner as the upcoming VG banner if they go with one and the theory of it being seasonal vs seasonal is correct.

Regardless of that though, the Halloween units are due to be rerun in the Legendary Heroes banner, possibly beginning at the end of this month, otherwise the month after.

There are two summer units and two dancer units left out of the earlier seasonal banners that haven't been rerun, and then it's Halloween's turn. If they keep the pattern of four reruns of which only one is dancer seasonal per banner, then there's a chance of one Halloween unit appearing this month. However since Elise and Tiki are due to appear, and Gunnthra is guaranteed, it won't be Henry unless they delay a summer unit even more. My guess therefore is one of Nowi, Jakob or Sakura will appear this month, and the other two plus Henry will be next month.

Edited by Humanoid

Mind as well ask my dumb question. Does anyone have any idea how the pity rare buff for pulling 5 star units works? I would like to get Female Morgan before the event end, which may not be possible at this point. In recent pulls, I managed to get a 5 star Ryoma, I pulled a 5 star Hector AND Ike of the counter based banner, and I redeemed a 4 star Roy for the Shepards banner. Let me know if you have any ideas or advice to get her. Anything is appreciated.

22 minutes ago, Dr. G said:

Mind as well ask my dumb question. Does anyone have any idea how the pity rare buff for pulling 5 star units works? I would like to get Female Morgan before the event end, which may not be possible at this point. In recent pulls, I managed to get a 5 star Ryoma, I pulled a 5 star Hector AND Ike of the counter based banner, and I redeemed a 4 star Roy for the Shepards banner. Let me know if you have any ideas or advice to get her. Anything is appreciated.

What you pull on other banners are irrelevant, pity rates are counted separately for each.

For every five units you pull without getting a 5* unit, the pity rate increases by 0.25% for the 5* focus, and 0.25% for the 5* general pool. However the increased rate only applies when you start a new session.

Example:

Session 1, you pull twice, no 5-stars. In session 2, your rate is still the basic 3%. If you pull three or more units during this second session, session 3 will have 3.25%, regardless of whether you pulled just three or all five.

EDIT: You can have a play around with this summon simulator to get a sense for how it works: https://feh-stuff.github.io/

Edited by Humanoid

Special Advice?

Minerva - 40+1, +SPD -HP. 
Wrath Hauteclere, L&D3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers. Gonna give her the Quickened Pulse seal to delete someone R1. Moonbow or Glimmer? She'll be paired with Hone Flier support, for what that matters. 

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does the Spur skills stacks up with the Falchion's Effect skills/Bond skills?

Yes. All in-combat buffs (those that don’t produce blue numbers on the stat sheet) stack infinitely.

3 hours ago, Noir said:

Special Advice?

Minerva - 40+1, +SPD -HP. 
Wrath Hauteclere, L&D3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers. Gonna give her the Quickened Pulse seal to delete someone R1. Moonbow or Glimmer? She'll be paired with Hone Flier support, for what that matters. 

I would probably opt for Moonbow for her. Glimmer is stronger against enemies with low defenses; Moonbow is better against tankier ones. Glimmer hits more than Moonbow when your attack is greater than 1.6 times the enemy's defensive stat, notwithstanding weapon triangle effects. So, for Minerva with an Atk stat of 52, the point where the two skills approximately break even is when the enemy has 32 Def, and 36 Def with a Hone Flier buff. If the enemy's defense is below that, Glimmer will hit harder than Moonbow, and, above that, Moonbow will hit harder than Glimmer.

One advantage Moonbow has over Glimmer is that it lets you cut through high-defense enemies that you otherwise would only scratch, and, oftentimes, one doesn't need a special to hack through low-def enemies.

The matchup numbers favor Moonbow slightly as well. I ran a few configurations against the cast with Fury in their A-slot, and Moonbow outperforms Glimmer in pretty much every scenario. I ran it with your +1 Minerva wearing the QP seal, both with and without the Hone Flyer buffs against no merge enemies, +5, and +10, and a no-buff Minerva against enemies with a buff of +3 to every stat. The numbers are in the Win-Loss-Draw format. The first column is against unmerged enemies, the second is against +5, and the third is against +10.

No buffs to Minerva:
                      | Merge = 0  / Merge = 5 / Merge = 10
Moonbow    | 167-11-36  / 142-25-47 / 113-35-66 
Glimmer       | 158-11-45 / 135-26-53 / 108-36-70

With Hone Flier buff
Moonbow   | 196-11-7    / 184-25-5   / 167-35-12
Glimmer      | 191-10-13 / 179-25-10 / 163-35-16

Enemy w/+3 buffs, no buffs to Minerva
Moonbow    | 136-32-46  / 114-38-62 / 89-47-78
Glimmer       | 131-33-55 / 106-40-68 / 80-49-85

So, it seems that Moonbow generally produces a few more kills than Glimmer for her.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes. All in-combat buffs (those that don’t produce blue numbers on the stat sheet) stack infinitely.

Is Kagero Charts a good place to calculate? I feel like Maskcina's partner should do more damage compare the damage they already doing.

What are some good candidates for Distant Counter?

I have two spare Hectors sitting around, since I've had good luck on a couple of banners and no idea what to do with it. There aren't any particular roles I need to fill, so I thought I'd get some general suggestions.

I'm thinking of giving one to Caeda, since I like flier teams and she seems like a good mage counter, but I worry I'd miss Fury. Camilla is another idea, since I'd like to make her good... I'm expecting her to get a legendary weapon sometime, though, since Hinoka did. I might hold off on building her up for that.

11 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

What are some good candidates for Distant Counter?

I have two spare Hectors sitting around, since I've had good luck on a couple of banners and no idea what to do with it. There aren't any particular roles I need to fill, so I thought I'd get some general suggestions.

I'm thinking of giving one to Caeda, since I like flier teams and she seems like a good mage counter, but I worry I'd miss Fury. Camilla is another idea, since I'd like to make her good... I'm expecting her to get a legendary weapon sometime, though, since Hinoka did. I might hold off on building her up for that.

Every armor that doesn't already have access to a weapon with Distant Counter. Units with passable or high Res that can counter kill tome units, like Sigurd, Florina, Clair, Titania, and Camilla. Units that don't have high Res, but can still benefit from being able to counterattack bows and tomes because not too many things can actually kill them, like Ayra and Brave Ike.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Is a +spd -def Caeda or a  +atk -hp one better?
  • Will the refinement carry over, if I merge them?

1) I have a short breakdown of +Atk vs +Spd in the Caeda thread. Basically: I lean strongly toward +Atk between those two, but it does depend a bit on what you’re expecting her to do. +Spd will help her one-round Spd-stacked enemies (with Flier support, she usually does not need +Spd to secure doubles against foes that are not stacking Spd), +Atk is better at OHKO-ing Armors and Cavs.

2) Yes.

3 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Is there anyone with a decent Serra? I don't have the time to build her up to finish the quest. 

My ID is : 6095494059

My lead unit is a Genny

I did it while leveling a 3* Serra in the Training Tower, so it is should not be too difficult. If you need to speed things up, Savage Blow Sacred Seal, Hone Atk buff, and Spur Atk buffs helps Serra a lot.

2 hours ago, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

Just a quick question, how should I build a +spd -def legendary ephraim? I've been thinking about it for a while now.

Just give him a regular Ephraim build and merge your +Spd one into a +Atk one when you pull him in the future. Here is something cheap and basic:

Siegmund [Special], Moonbow/Luna
Death Blow, Desperation/Renewal, Hone Speed
Brash Assault/Heavy Blade

I recommend checking out Ephraim's analysis page.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Is Kagero Charts a good place to calculate? I feel like Maskcina's partner should do more damage compare the damage they already doing.

I prefer using arcticsilverfox's calculator, which is based on a bit more bulky and clunky Andu2's calculator.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just give him a regular Ephraim build and merge your +Spd one into a +Atk one when you pull him in the future. Here is something cheap and basic:

Siegmund [Special], Moonbow/Luna
Death Blow, Desperation/Renewal, Hone Speed
Brash Assault/Heavy Blade

I recommend checking out Ephraim's analysis page.

3 hours ago, Gaius' Honey Cakes said:

legendary ephraim

Building a +Spd/-Def Legendary Ephraim shouldn't be any different from building a +Atk/-??? one, as far as I'm aware.

Flame Siegmund
[Your favorite assist, probably Reposition on a Horse team]
Moonbow, Luna, or Aether
Death Blow 3
Solar Brace or Desperation 3
[Probably Hone or Fortify Cavalry]
Attack + or Heavy Blade

You could probably roll with some flavor of Heavy Blade/Galeforce setup if you really want to, but without a special trigger accelerating weapon, he needs the enemy to hit him to trigger it in one round. Maybe Armored Blow over Death Blow for that, and Renewal in his B slot.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I feel like Maskcina's partner should do more damage compare the damage they already doing.

The Ylissean Falchion refinement doesn't do anything for people next to Lucina...or am I misunderstanding the context here?

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Sometimes Kagero Chart can be buggy, although it's usually good.

However, I just want to point out, bond skills only buff the unit with the skill, and not the adjacent ally. The refine for Masked Marth's Falchion is a bond skill, and so only she gets the stat boosts from having an adjacent ally. I say this because you mentioned her partner, who shouldn't get any buffs from standing next to Masked Marth, unless Masked Marth is running a spur/drive skill herself. Perhaps that is the source of your confusion on this point?

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The Ylissean Falchion refinement doesn't do anything for people next to Lucina...or am I misunderstanding the context here?

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Sometimes Kagero Chart can be buggy, although it's usually good.

However, I just want to point out, bond skills only buff the unit with the skill, and not the adjacent ally. The refine for Masked Marth's Falchion is a bond skill, and so only she gets the stat boosts from having an adjacent ally. I say this because you mentioned her partner, who shouldn't get any buffs from standing next to Masked Marth, unless Masked Marth is running a spur/drive skill herself. Perhaps that is the source of your confusion on this point?

Oh, that makes a lot more sense, thanks for answering guys.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Building a +Spd/-Def Legendary Ephraim

Ah. I feel blind. I did not see the Legendary.