"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@ZangetsuYes, you keep all the skills. If they're already learned, you just have to go to the Equip Skills menu to reequip them. If they haven't been learned yet, then you need to spend SP as usual, so spend the SP on the victim unit before merging for optimal efficiency.

If you're paranoid about this kind of thing like me, you can tap the "after" box on the merge screen to preview what your final unit will have before going ahead.

Blessings also transfer forward by the way.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but if I merge my units do I get that replica unit skills?

Ex. I sacrifice my A="Mask Marth" that has skills for another B="Mask Marth" that doesn't skills at all.

Does B="Mask Marth" has all the skills from A="Mask Marth"?

Short answer: Yes. Everything carries over except for SP.

I have a few questions, but I want it known I probably won't be acting on them immediately.

Spoiler

First off, I have a Valentine Hector at neutral nature, and because I have +Atk -Res I can safely fodder him off. I don't know who to give Distant Counter to though. Here's all the units I own who I believe would like it.

Spoiler

Roy (+Atk -Def +2): A little wary on this one since we don't know what forged Binding Blade will offer, but I seriously doubt any form of it will give Distant Counter.

Eirika (+Spd -HP +3): Haven't forged Sieglinde yet

Joshua

Olivia (+Spd -HP): She still needs Ruby Sword+

Arden: Slaying Edge+ DEF forge, and he still doesn't have an A skill right now. Practically begging for Distant Counter.

Sigurd (+Spd -Def): currently runs Fury 3 for A skill.

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk): Also runs Fury 3, no forge on Mystletainn.

Young Tiki (+Spd -Atk): Only if she were to run Flametounge+ or Light Breath.

Azura (+Res -HP): Simple Red Mage counter with Sapphire Lance+

Shiro (+Def -Spd): Runs Fury 3 and QR3 right now, he'd be able to take Bows and Daggers on effectively as well.

Love Abounds Eliwood

Winter Envoy Robin (+Spd -Res): Currently runs Brazen Atk/Spd 3 with Vantage.

Effie (+Atk -Res): Runs Death Blow 3 with Wary Fighter 3, would try to get her a Berkuts Lance+ sooner if I give it to her.

Hinoka (+Def -Spd): Intend to make her more enemy phase, DC would help with that.

Nowi (+Atk -Res +1): @Nowi's Husband keeps making all those Nowi solos and it's kinda tempting to follow suit...

Hawkeye (+Res -HP): He only has Iceberg right now, I feel like DC would be an improvement.

Amelia (+Atk -Spd): Runs Fury 3 with Vantage right now.

Winter Envoy Lissa (+Atk -Def): only default skills right now + Pivot. Res forge on Handbell+ would let her hit 40 Res, which is neat.

Myrrh (+Spd -HP)

All units below are 4*

Lloyd: Kinda wary since we don't know what forged Regal Blade will do, but I can't imagine it being much different from what he has now.

Sheena (+Def -Spd): Has Quick Riposte 3 and just waiting to get promotion.

I recently pulled +Spd -Def Abel at 5*, so I could potentially make him into a build that calls for +Spd, however I already had plans to promote a +Atk -Res Abel into a Brave Death Blow build. Right now he is also my only Brave Lance+ fodder, and I managed to secure a +Atk -Spd Est (not -Def but whatever I can promote a +Atk -Def at a later time). Opinions?

When I last got 20k feathers, I promoted a FemRobin who I had previously given Gronnraven+ and a few other skills to make her a Ravenmage (ironically, she is a carbon copy of my +Spd -Def Boey with more res and less HP/spd). Since some units are getting new weapons in April and I will probably get the feathers needed by then, should I hold off on promoting any more units til then? (My plan was to next promote a +Spd -HP Male Robin for fun Avatar Family shenanigans)

I now have 2 Warding Breath fodder, but I have no idea who to give them to, as one idea I had was cut short when it turned out fliers can't learn Warding Breath. What are some unit builds who would appreciate Warding Breath?

I currently have 130+ refining stones. I also have 200+ refining dews, but I'm gonna wait to see what the new weapons will do before spending them. I have no idea what to do with them right now. Here's the units who can use them.

Spoiler

Gray (+Spd -HP): Zanbato+

Olivia (+Spd -HP): Silver Sword+

Selena: Armorslayer+ > Armorsmasher+

Arden: Slaying Edge+, already forged with +Def

Hoshidan New Year Camilla (+Spd -HP): Kadomatsu+

Young Tiki (+Spd -Atk): Flametounge+

Adult Tiki (+Atk -Spd): Lightning Breath+, already forged with +Res

Winter Envoy Tharja (+HP -Spd): Candelabra+, already forged with +Def

Nephenee (+Spd -HP): Slaying Lance+, already forged with +Spd

Love Abounds Eliwood: Casa Blanca+

Winter Envoy Robin (+Spd -Res): Tannenboom!+, already forged with +Spd

Hinoka (+Def -Spd): Slaying Lance+

Nowi (+Atk -Res): Lightning Breath+, already forged with +Res

Spring Festival Lucina (+Def -Spd): Blue Egg+

Hawkeye (+Res -HP): Killer Axe+ > Slaying Axe+

Yllisian Summer Tiki (+Atk -Res): Melon Crusher+

Amelia (+Atk -Spd): Slaying Axe+, already forged with +Spd

Winter Envoy Lissa (+Atk -Def): Handbell+

Hares at the Fare Alfonse (+Def -Res): Giant Spoon+

Fae (+Atk -HP): Lightning Breath+, already forged with +Def

Nohrian Summer Elise (+Atk -HP): Hibiscus Tome+

Hoshidan New Year Takumi (+Spd -Atk): Kagami Mochi+

Hares at the Fare Kagero (+Res -HP): Lethal Carrot+

Mist (+Def -Spd): Slow+

Sakura (+Spd -Atk): Fear+

I also have a spare Marisa with Wo Dao+ that I haven't given anyone yet.

To anyone who tries to answer all the above at once, I am so sorry.

Edited by Xenomata

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

First off, I have a Valentine Hector at neutral nature, and because I have +Atk -Res I can safely fodder him off. I don't know who to give Distant Counter to though. Here's all the units I own who I believe would like it.

This is my list of first dibs on Distant Counter:

On 4/2/2018 at 1:27 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Every melee armor that doesn't have Distant Counter on their weapon likes having Distant Counter.

Melee tome counters also want Distant Counter, units like Eliwood, Seliph, Sigurd, Caeda, Mathilda, Jagen, Clair, Florina, Titania, and Camilla.

Other enemy-phase or mixed-phase units also do well with it, like Ayra, Mia, Myrrh, and Brave Ike.

42 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I recently pulled +Spd -Def Abel at 5*, so I could potentially make him into a build that calls for +Spd, however I already had plans to promote a +Atk -Res Abel into a Brave Death Blow build. Right now he is also my only Brave Lance+ fodder, and I managed to secure a +Atk -Spd Est (not -Def but whatever I can promote a +Atk -Def at a later time). Opinions?

Est is nice.

43 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

When I last got 20k feathers, I promoted a FemRobin who I had previously given Gronnraven+ and a few other skills to make her a Ravenmage (ironically, she is a carbon copy of my +Spd -Def Boey with more res and less HP/spd). Since some units are getting new weapons in April and I will probably get the feathers needed by then, should I hold off on promoting any more units til then? (My plan was to next promote a +Spd -HP Male Robin for fun Avatar Family shenanigans)

I'd wait to see what the new weapons and refines are.

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I now have 2 Warding Breath fodder, but I have no idea who to give them to, as one idea I had was cut short when it turned out fliers can't learn Warding Breath. What are some unit builds who would appreciate Warding Breath?

Most dragons. Also most units that have Distant Counter on their weapon.

The biggest problem with Warding Breath is the fact that most of the units that actually care for the Res boost are ranged units that can't learn the skill, which basically just leaves units with Distant Counter on their weapon and units designed to counter-kill dragons.

52 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I currently have 130+ refining stones. I also have 200+ refining dews, but I'm gonna wait to see what the new weapons will do before spending them. I have no idea what to do with them right now. Here's the units who can use them.

Units who already have Slaying weapons, Wo Dao weapons, or Lightning Breath+ generally like having a refinement (Spd for player phase, Def/Res for enemy phase).

Cavalry-effective weapons are a decent choice if you actually use them often enough to justify it. Ylissean Summer and Winter's Envoy weapons are also good if you actually use them.

54 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hinoka (+Def -Spd): Slaying Edge+

At least one word in this line is incorrect, but I don't know which.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Hinoka (+Def -Spd): Slaying Edge+

At least one word in this line is incorrect, but I don't know which.

I mean there's at least 5 things wrong with my Hinoka, let alone that one line, but to be fair I gave her the Slaying Lance+ before Hinoka's Spear was ever announced.

Also it's fixed.

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Est is nice.

A vague enough quote that I'm not sure what it means.

Most dragons. Also most units that have Distant Counter on their weapon.

The biggest problem with Warding Breath is the fact that most of the units that actually care for the Res boost are ranged units that can't learn the skill, which basically just leaves units with Distant Counter on their weapon and units designed to counter-kill dragons.

I do have my Fae (+Atk -HP), but I ALSO have another Fae with +Res -Def, and at +3 merge with a Res forge Lightning Breath she'd hit 42 Res before field buffs and SS. It was something I thought of back when I got the Peoples Choice V!Ike, but with how physically frail she'd be I'm hesitant to go through.

Units who already have Slaying weapons, Wo Dao weapons, or Lightning Breath+ generally like having a refinement (Spd for player phase, Def/Res for enemy phase).

Cavalry-effective weapons are a decent choice if you actually use them often enough to justify it. Ylissean Summer and Winter's Envoy weapons are also good if you actually use them.

Only one unit with Ylissean summer wep, the units I use with a Winters Envoy wep already have forges, and I've yet to give anyone a cav-effective weapon. Not to say I can't (Spare Ridersbane+ and Keen Gronnwolf+). I'm leaning closest to giving Stones to HatF!Alfonse at least.

As for Distant Counter, I'm now leaning most towards Arden, Sheena, and WE!Robin... Arden would welcome it, but I'd feel dirty giving it to a sword when DC swords are not just so common, but so common I own a few of them already. Sheena would to, though shes still 4* and I'm gonna wait to use feathers til after the update. Robin is still doing good with Brazen Atk/Spd, but he is on my main Arena team.

So I have a 5 star neutral Peri that I both hate and will probably never use. Who would make use of her Slaying Lance+? I have narrowed it down to these five stars of mine:

+def/-atk C!Robin (With a def refine, he could have one turn bonfire against a sword user and would deal insane damage. Don’t how much better it would be compared to Tanneboom+ though)

+hp/-res Hinoka (Could help her out a lot. The only thing is that she spear seems like it would be a better option)

+def/-res Clair (Another option to help her get a quick Ignis/Glacies. Don’t know if Berkut’s Lance would be better for her once I swap to +def/-hp for her nature)

Edited by Poimagic

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

A vague enough quote that I'm not sure what it means.

Est is a perfectly good choice. Give her Brave Lance+, Death Blow 3, and a Sacred Seal Ploy, and she's good to go.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I do have my Fae (+Atk -HP), but I ALSO have another Fae with +Res -Def, and at +3 merge with a Res forge Lightning Breath she'd hit 42 Res before field buffs and SS. It was something I thought of back when I got the Peoples Choice V!Ike, but with how physically frail she'd be I'm hesitant to go through.

Honestly, I'd run the [+Atk, -HP] Fae with Warding Breath instead of the [+Res, -Def] one.

Stacking a giant pile of one stat is nice, but at some point, the cost to other stats is not worth it. Ideally, you'd pump just enough into the weaker defensive stat so that you survive everything you need to survive on that side with enough HP remaining before focusing on the stronger defensive stat.

@XRay Oh wow. Thanks for that link. Usually I am in the know about such tables/lists but I had completely missed that one somehow. Looks like the only thing it really hits that I would find interesting are the fliers. Still a bit loath to dump the +RES simply because of difficulty getting specific natures and I am rather fearful that I will run into that one situation where I really needed the extra res.

Since I don't actually have anyone in mind for her skills maybe I should level up the +SPD and do two different builds. Focus on making the +RES an iceberg mage tank and the +SPD a more standard Life and Death/Fury Blade mage. Though Blade would be a long wait. Too many irons in the fire to spare the feathers anytime soon. I could always pick which one to sack later if I ever find someone really wanting her skills.

16 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So I have a 5 star neutral Peri that I both hate and will probably never use. Who would make use of her Slaying Lance+? I have narrowed it down to these five stars of mine:

+def/-atk C!Robin (With a def refine, he could have one turn bonfire against a sword user and would deal insane damage. Don’t how much better it would be compared to Tanneboom+ though)

+hp/-res Hinoka (Could help her out a lot. The only thing is that she spear seems like it would be a better option)

+def/-res Clair (Another option to help her get a quick Ignis/Glacies. Don’t know if Berkut’s Lance would be better for her once I swap to +def/-hp for her nature)

For WE!M!Robin, Slaying Lance is a slight improvement over Tannenboom. In my opinion, I do not think the high cost justifies the small improvement unless he is a permanent member of your Arena team or something.

WE!M!Robin +Def -Atk
Tannenboom [Spd], Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Attack +3
Enemies +5 +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase 147:9:77

WE!M!Robin +Def -Atk
Slaying Lance [Spd], Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemies +5 +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase 150:7:76

For Hinoka, I would stick with her default Hinoka's Lance and she pairs well with Sanaki due to their Weapons supporting each other.

For Clair, Glacies is fine with Slaying Lance, although I personally prefer Iceberg for quicker activation. If you are running Berkut's Lance, I would go with Moonbow or Iceberg. I would not run Ignis since there is no point in running it when her Res will always be higher than her Def unless you Def stack her with skills for some reason. Clair can be a mixed wall if you want to build her that way, but I personally would not do that since walling melee units is a big no-no in my opinion due to her abysmal Attack, which means enemies will be left alive and screw you over with Vantage and/or call in Wings of Mercy units. Walling mages is bit better since as long as Clair is not running Distant Counter, enemy mages cannot immediately drop into Vantage range nor call in Wings of Mercy units; even if Clair runs Distant Counter, most mages have horrible Defense anyways, so Clair should still be able to knock most mages out.

I would personally go with giving Slaying Lance to Clair, although I would try to get one with [+Atk/Spd/Res, -Def].

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Since I don't actually have anyone in mind for her skills maybe I should level up the +SPD and do two different builds. Focus on making the +RES an iceberg mage tank and the +SPD a more standard Life and Death/Fury Blade mage. Though Blade would be a long wait. Too many irons in the fire to spare the feathers anytime soon. I could always pick which one to sack later if I ever find someone really wanting her skills.

That is good too. I have different builds planned out for some of my units depending on their nature, so if I pull a unit with multiple good natures, then I would build all of them so I have more options when I tackle different content.

On the last legendary banner I got an attack bane, res boon Summer Elise, and an HP bane, Defense Boon Summer Elise. With these IVs would either actually have  merit?

24 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

On the last legendary banner I got an attack bane, res boon Summer Elise, and an HP bane, Defense Boon Summer Elise. With these IVs would either actually have  merit?

With +DEF -HP, Summer Elise ends up with 31/36/34/21/25. With +RES -ATK she's 34/33/34/18/29 so RES is her superboon. For reference, a neutral Nino is 33/33/36/19/26. So a -ATK Elise has the same ATK as Nino with a little less SPD, but she'll have a little more magical soak. If you go with the +DEF copy, she's got more ATK, and a little bit more physical soak. Either way, she'll still be a solid mage. She could run her default tome for a cheaper build and become something of a buff bot. Or you could give her Gronnblade, and she'd work a bit like Nino. I'd personally go with +DEF -HP. A +RES boon may be better than a +DEF boon, but an HP bane hurts a little less than an ATK bane.

@mampfoid Sorry for the late response! Things have been busy so my computer has been neglected. I really, really appreciate all the advice about the mechanics. I'm still not good at thinking about the synergy of teams, so this is really helpful. I swear I'm trying to improve.

P.S. I decided to go with Eliwood on my Horse Emblem team for now purely because he's awesome and I haven't played Binding Blade yet so I don't yet have an opinion on Roy, but if he's anything his dad I'm going to love him so we'll see how he works out on my Horse Emblem team. Gonna +10 him regardless though. I'm replaying Blazing Sword in preparation for Binding Blade and it's just reinforcing how much I love Eliwood. Also Hector and Lyn. Blazing Sword has such good characters.

53 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

@mampfoid Sorry for the late response! Things have been busy so my computer has been neglected. I really, really appreciate all the advice about the mechanics. I'm still not good at thinking about the synergy of teams, so this is really helpful. I swear I'm trying to improve.

P.S. I decided to go with Eliwood on my Horse Emblem team for now purely because he's awesome and I haven't played Binding Blade yet so I don't yet have an opinion on Roy, but if he's anything his dad I'm going to love him so we'll see how he works out on my Horse Emblem team. Gonna +10 him regardless though. I'm replaying Blazing Sword in preparation for Binding Blade and it's just reinforcing how much I love Eliwood. Also Hector and Lyn. Blazing Sword has such good characters.

One thing that you should always keep in mind is that you have to have a team that can be both player phase and enemy phase. There's a reason why an all dragon team on your opponents side is considered an instant win for you. They can only perform well in enemy phase

So apparently, if your defense/resistance is higher than the damage that your opponent deals from a special (wo dao and wrath are exceptions), then that damage becomes 0. Is that true?

@Reddazrael I hope you found helpful answers here, no need to excuse. I'm looking forward to see your Blazing Sword team! 

Please use the quote button the next time when answering to something that was posted days ago. Makes it easier to connect your post to the original question/conversation. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

@Reddazrael I hope you found helpful answers here, no need to excuse. I'm looking forward to see your Blazing Sword team! 

Please use the quote button the next time when answering to something that was posted days ago. Makes it easier to connect your post to the original question/conversation. 

Ahhh, sorry about that! I didn't even think. Will do for next time. And again, thank you!

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

There's a reason why an all dragon team on your opponents side is considered an instant win for you. They can only perform well in enemy phase

That's because either they're building the team wrong or they don't have the resources to build a mixed-phase dragon team. Mystery Tiki and both Grimas are all capable of being used as mixed-phase units, and even more so when supported with Hone Dragons.

On 23.3.2018 at 6:45 PM, XRay said:

Fury is fine. The recoil usually does not matter since Arena battles are over so quickly, and Player Phase nukes are usually the ones carrying the team since they got superior sustainability. If you are worried about sustainability, then I would bring a staff healer along.

Okay, I ended up using my +Spd Nowi and she works pretty well so far. Thank you. :)

Something else though: I intend to do a bunch of 5 star promotions soon, but for a few candidates I'm not quite sure which boon/bane version is ideal. The three people I'm talking about are Felicia (+Atk or +Spd/-Def), Cecilia (probably using the Gronnraven set with eiher +Atk or +Spd/-HP) and Tharja (+Spd/-Def or -Res). Any suggestions?

35 minutes ago, Sias said:

Okay, I ended up using my +Spd Nowi and she works pretty well so far. Thank you. :)

Something else though: I intend to do a bunch of 5 star promotions soon, but for a few candidates I'm not quite sure which boon/bane version is ideal. The three people I'm talking about are Felicia (+Atk or +Spd/-Def), Cecilia (probably using the Gronnraven set with eiher +Atk or +Spd/-HP) and Tharja (+Spd/-Def or -Res). Any suggestions?

Speaking only for Felicia and Cecilia because I don't use Tharja, but consider that their preferred stats will depend on the role you want them to perform.

FELICIA: My own Felicia is +Spd/-Def because more often than not, the extra Spd will save her life, while 3 Atk won't matter much. Against mages, which she's best suited for, she'll crush them with Glacies if she doubles them (also assuming you refine her Plate), which will do so much damage that 3 Atk will be irrelevant. Even against Raventomes, she'll often have enough power to destroy them with Glacies, and nobody uses Daggerbreaker. Against powerful distant counter foes (like say, many armors and dragons), her low Def and HP will almost certainly prevent her from attacking at all (unless Glacies is ready), in which case neither Atk nor Spd will matter.

CECILIA: Short answer-- If you're using Gronnblade, go +Spd, but if you're using Gronnraven or Gronnwolf, go +Atk. My own Cecilia is 4*+10, +Atk/-Def, and I use Fury and Keen Gronnwolf, with her role being an all-powerful horse killer (in some cases, I've had her wipe out entire horse teams without needing a dancer or buffs). I use Fury for just the general all-around stat boost, and with Distant Def 3 seal, she'll take little to no damage from buffed Reinhardts, and shrugs off other Cecilias regardless of their setup. One slight thing to note is that +Spd can boost her Arena scoring ever so slightly, provided she's not -Res.

3 minutes ago, Sias said:

For Felicia, if you want her to be a mage tank, [+Spd, -Def] is her best nature in my opinion, followed closely by [+Res, -Def]. [+Spd, -Def] is slightly better due to being able to prevent doubles more easily and is more applicable overall, but [+Res, -Def] is not bad either as +Res and +Spd can tank different kinds of Celica. If you plan to merge Felicia to +10 however, +Spd is better than +Res as Felicia would have gained enough bulk from merges by then to not need +Res's extra bulk.

Gronnraven Cecilia should go for [+Atk, -HP/Spd], while Gronnblade Cecilia should go for [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res]. I would keep both. Raven mages should generally go for +Atk since there are occasionally archers out there running bulky sets, so the extra Attack helps take them out. Raven mages generally do not need Speed since they run Bowbreaker.

I would go with [+Spd, -Def] for Tharja. Generally, for Player Phase non-Brave nukes, +Spd is the best boon, followed by +Atk. For their banes, as long as it is -HP/Def/Res, it is fine and I would not be too picky about it. With that being said, generally, melee nukes should still ideally go with -Res, but you can also opt for -HP if you have trouble getting the unit into Desperation range. For ranged nukes, -HP, -Def, and -Res all serve slightly different purposes; many players go with -Def for all their ranged nukes since they can use the Res to tank other ranged units in an emergency; with some exceptions, I personally prefer to bane the higher of Def or Res so my ranged nukes can more easily deal with dragons; like melee nukes, -HP is there to help ranged nukes reach Desperation range more easily.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because either they're building the team wrong or they don't have the resources to build a mixed-phase dragon team. Mystery Tiki and both Grimas are all capable of being used as mixed-phase units, and even more so when supported with Hone Dragons.

A huge majority of dragon emblem teams I come across are just QR lightning breath. I do occasionally see smol Tiki, but busty Tiki is the more popular choice for whatever reason. I see Grima on armor emblem teams, but dragon emblem not so much. But this is just my experience and does not reflect the truth

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

…busty Tiki is the more popular choice for whatever reason. 

Her not being 5★-locked and coming with Lightning Breath is the reason.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Her not being 5★-locked and coming with Lightning Breath is the reason.

smol tiki is 5* locked?! i always thought she was also in the 4* pool. guess you learn something everyday

Quick question - I managed to summon a -atk +spd Zelgius, this is my 2nd Zelgius (my other one being +hp - Spd) do I merge the 2 Zelgius or use the -atk one for skill fodder (I am F2P so chances of getting to +10 is remote, but also is Panic Ploy or warp Powder worth losing a merge for?)

18 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Quick question - I managed to summon a -atk +spd Zelgius, this is my 2nd Zelgius (my other one being +hp - Spd) do I merge the 2 Zelgius or use the -atk one for skill fodder (I am F2P so chances of getting to +10 is remote, but also is Panic Ploy or warp Powder worth losing a merge for?)

Warp Powder is uninheritable. Panic Ploy is okay but I don't find I need more than one of it, and that's covered already by the seal. Fierce Stance is neat but not necessarily more desirable than cheaper options. I'd lean towards merge.