"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is +SPD/-RES Jeorge enough worth using over neutral Jeorge to bother investing much? Granted, I haven't exactly invested much in the other one, just 5*ing because I wanted to play around with Parthia.

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Is +SPD/-RES Jeorge enough worth using over neutral Jeorge to bother investing much? Granted, I haven't exactly invested much in the other one, just 5*ing because I wanted to play around with Parthia.

Yes. If you give him a refined Parthia, life and death, speed seal as well as at least +2 speed from a buff then he can double quite the amount and deal great damage against mages

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Yes. If you give him a refined Parthia, life and death, speed seal as well as at least +2 speed from a buff then he can double quite the amount and deal great damage against mages

Think it's worth waiting for a +ATK one to go for full attack stacking? Or at least a -DEF one? My concern with -res and L&D is he'll only have 67 one hit magical bulk. I suppose 70 isn't really a whole lot more, and 40 unassisted speed is a tier above 37.

31 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For Soren, should I go +Atk or +Spd, and should I throw on Chill Res or wait for Chill Spd again?

+spd usually.  Even with buffs a neutral spd could be trouble for Soren.  Either Chill Res or Chill Spd would be great.  Chill Spd could be slightly better but we don't know who they'll put it on and if it'll be worth saccing.  

40 minutes ago, Lushen said:

+spd usually.  Even with buffs a neutral spd could be trouble for Soren.  Either Chill Res or Chill Spd would be great.  Chill Spd could be slightly better but we don't know who they'll put it on and if it'll be worth saccing.  

F!Celica has Chill Spd. Silly me, merging her.

I told myself I’d merge S!Catria if I ended up on her team, but Chrom pulled an upset the first round. Still, I hate to sack seasonals for skills.

I think I can wait for the next F!Celica pitybreaker.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Think it's worth waiting for a +ATK one to go for full attack stacking? Or at least a -DEF one? My concern with -res and L&D is he'll only have 67 one hit magical bulk. I suppose 70 isn't really a whole lot more, and 40 unassisted speed is a tier above 37.

As long as the unit got the right boon, in this case +Atk/Spd for a Player Phase unit, the bane does not really matter if it is -HP/Def/Res. Most units have enough bulk to withstand at least one hit.

— — — — — — —

37 HP + 19 Res + (-5) Life and Death = 51 magical bulk

X enemy Attack * 0.7 damage reduction = 50 magical bulk
X = 50/(0.7)
X ~ 71

Jeorge can eat a counter from any mage that has a total of 71 Atk or less.

— — — — — — —

Jeorge +Spd -Res
Parthia [special], Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
Ranged Enemies +5, +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 48:4:47

Only Kagero, Sestuna, HNY!Takumi, and WE!Tharja can counter kill Jeorge. Kagero has just enough bulk to survive the first hit from Jeorge and kill on the counter with Poison Dagger. Setsuna and HNY!Takumi got Bowbreaker so they easily deal with Jeorge. WE!Tharja is super bulky.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For Soren, should I go +Atk or +Spd, and should I throw on Chill Res or wait for Chill Spd again?

Chill Spd is generally better; being able to double the fastest unit basically means doing twice the damage, whereas Chill Def/Res only gives you an extra 7/14 damage.

If you are using Soren as a the main nuke, however, he should run Desperation for sustainability and have one of his teammates run Chill Spd instead.

Edited by XRay

@XRay Isn't the 30% reduction taken after res is subtracted?

Just did some double checking and it does appear to be. So with that you've got:

0.7(X - 14) = 37
       X - 14  ~ 53
               X  ~ 67

So he'd be able to take a hit from someone with 66 attack and under. Not sure if that 5 points of difference is enough to matter, though and TBF I'm too lazy to check.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Okay, I need help with my Eliwood build. He's +SPD / -RES; I want +ATK for Blazing Durandal but I haven't yet pulled a +ATK Eliwood that isn't -SPD. +SPD is working out for him pretty well so far with doubling, though. ANYWAY.

Eliwood [+SPD / -RES]
    ◉ Blazing Durandal
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Draconic Aura
    A: Life and Death 3
    B: Vantage 3
    C: Atk Tactic / Goad Cavalry
    S: Attack +3

For the visually-inclined:

Spoiler

mCiauMn.png

Atk Tactic is for when he's on my mixed-movement Blazing Sword team (Eliwood, Brave Lyn, LA Hector, Infantry Unit) although I'm not sure Hector would ever forgive him for sacrificing his little girl. Goad Cavalry is obviously for when Eliwood's on my cavalry team. Now, as much as I'd love Atk Tactic, it is expensive as hell and I only have one LA Lilina. I don't really want to sacrifice her. What would be a good alternative C skill? Additionally, I'm considering swapping out Draconic Aura for Galeforce. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Just did some double checking and it does appear to be. So with that you've got:

0.7(X - 14) = 37
       X - 14  ~ 53
               X  ~ 67

So he'd be able to take a hit from someone with 66 attack and under. Not sure if that 5 points of difference is enough to matter.

One note I would make is that the damage reduction is performed using:

dmg - floor(dmg * .3),

instead of floor(dmg * .7).

Which puts the (tome-wielding) enemy max Atk at 65 for Jeorge to survive.

Edited by LordFrigid

27 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

dmg - floor(dmg * .3),

Wow, they're pretty strict about that. Anyway, very useful to know. There are times I wish SF had upvotes.

Do Sacred Coins max out at 999?  I'm at 621 currently and don't have any Seals that I'm dying to upgrade, but might do some just to use resources if I'm at risk of capping them soon.

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

0.7(X - 14) = 37
       X - 14  ~ 53
               X  ~ 67

So he'd be able to take a hit from someone with 66 attack and under. Not sure if that 5 points of difference is enough to matter, though and TBF I'm too lazy to check.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

dmg - floor(dmg * .3),

Ah, okay. I thought it was the other way around.

Parthia seems a lot less impressive now, although practically speaking, 5 damage does not seem to matter too much, at least according to the calculator with ranged units +5, +Spd, and Fury, since out of all the units Jeorge dies to, only WE!Tharja appears common enough in the Arena to be relevant.

Sorry for the Galeforce, but the forums did not allow me to edit my comment.

3 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Okay, I need help with my Eliwood build. He's +SPD / -RES; I want +ATK for Blazing Durandal but I haven't yet pulled a +ATK Eliwood that isn't -SPD. +SPD is working out for him pretty well so far with doubling, though. ANYWAY.

Eliwood [+SPD / -RES]
    ◉ Blazing Durandal
    ☗ Reposition
    ▶ Draconic Aura
    A: Life and Death 3
    B: Vantage 3
    C: Atk Tactic / Goad Cavalry
    S: Attack +3

For the visually-inclined:

Reveal hidden contents

mCiauMn.png

Atk Tactic is for when he's on my mixed-movement Blazing Sword team (Eliwood, Brave Lyn, LA Hector, Infantry Unit) although I'm not sure Hector would ever forgive him for sacrificing his little girl. Goad Cavalry is obviously for when Eliwood's on my cavalry team. Now, as much as I'd love Atk Tactic, it is expensive as hell and I only have one LA Lilina. I don't really want to sacrifice her. What would be a good alternative C skill? Additionally, I'm considering swapping out Draconic Aura for Galeforce. Thoughts?

I would actually stick with +Spd over +Atk. Doubling is better for increasing damage output.

I generally do not recommend Vantage for player controlled units as Vantage units need to have insanely high Atk to kill most units in one hit; if a Vantage unit cannot kill things in one hit, there is no point in running Vantage in the first place as the unit will just die when the enemy attacks due to the Vantage unit's HP already being greatly reduced. I also would not recommend Vantage for Player Phase units as Vantage displaces Desperation and reduce their sustainability, which is Player Phase unit's greatest strength. On the other hand, Vantage is great for Arena defense units as it punishes players for failing to kill a unit in one round of combat.

I also do not recommend investing in Blazing Durandal unless you want to try utilizing Galeforce for fun. Blazing Durandal's performance is pretty abysmal for its cost, as the only time it does slightly better than Durandal is when Eliwood gets Hone Cavalry buffs.

Personally, I would build Eliwood something like this:

Eliwood +Spd, -Res
Durandal, Moonbow
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 95:37:101
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 177:35:21

For comparison:

Eliwood +Spd, -Res
Blazing Durandal, Luna
Speed +3
Player Phase 90:37:106
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 180:35:18
Player Phase [Moonbow] 95:37:101
Player Phase [Moonbow, 6/6/0/0] 177:35:18

Again, I apologize for the Dance/Sing on top of Galeforce.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

Eliwood +Spd, -Res

Durandal, Moonbow
Speed +3
Player Phase 95:37:101
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 177:35:21

For comparison:

Eliwood +Spd, -Res
Blazing Durandal, Luna
Speed +3
Player Phase 90:37:106
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 180:35:18
Player Phase [Moonbow] 95:37:101
Player Phase [Moonbow, 6/6/0/0] 177:35:18

@Reddazrael There is a typo. The enemies are actually merge +0, not +5. I forgot to adjust the enemies' merge levels in the calculator.

Here are what the results actually look like if the enemies were +5:

Eliwood +Spd, -Res
Durandal, Moonbow
Speed +3
Enemies +5 +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 63:48:122
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 141:44:48

Eliwood +Spd, -Res
Blazing Durandal, Luna
Speed +3
Player Phase 60:49:124
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 139:44:50

Player Phase [Moonbow] 63:48:122
Player Phase [Moonbow, 6/6/0/0] 142:44:47

@XRay Oh my goodness, thank you for all of this! That's a lot of information you've poured out for me and I really appreciate it. I'll be reworking Eliwood accordingly, although I may test out Blazing Durandal + Galeforce just for fun. (An Effie with Galeforce gave me a nasty surprise recently so I kind of want to turn the tables.) So far I've been running Eliwood alongside Hector and Lyn in the Arena and he's been surprisingly solid considering Life and Death 3 is paring down his defenses.

On 06/04/2018 at 2:37 PM, Humanoid said:

Warp Powder is uninheritable. Panic Ploy is okay but I don't find I need more than one of it, and that's covered already by the seal. Fierce Stance is neat but not necessarily more desirable than cheaper options. I'd lean towards merge.

Cool thanks for the advice

Well back again. +ATK/-SPD Summer Elise. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try and blade her? She would be 1 attack less than Lilina whom I hear can manage a one-shot build. And how does one build a one shot blade? Deathblow + Does the B matter? Or is even -SPD Summer Elise worth Life and Death'ing to make a double blade? Honestly I think 31 is too slow for an infantry mage to pull that off(mostly because my 32 speed H!Nowi can't really pull it off even with flier buffs). But I don't play infantry blades often. She kinda grew on me as I was dragging her up in levels so I kinda want to try and make some use out of her rather then just using her as a training bot.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Well back again. +ATK/-SPD Summer Elise. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try and blade her? She would be 1 attack less than Lilina whom I hear can manage a one-shot build. And how does one build a one shot blade? Deathblow + Does the B matter? Or is even -SPD Summer Elise worth Life and Death'ing to make a double blade? Honestly I think 31 is too slow for an infantry mage to pull that off(mostly because my 32 speed H!Nowi can't really pull it off even with flier buffs). But I don't play infantry blades often. She kinda grew on me as I was dragging her up in levels so I kinda want to try and make some use out of her rather then just using her as a training bot.

Speed always matter for a nuke. Even if a unit is -Spd, Spd stacking will still help the unit get kills by at least be able to double the slower units.

If you still want to go the one shot route, I recommend using her in a mixed team to fully utilize Tactics buffs to get her damage to be as high as possible. In my opinion, a regular 4/4/0/0 is not enough to one shot things in my opinion.

For an Arena Assault build that does not need Spd, you can give Elise a blue mage counter build with Triangle Adept 2 and Quick Riposte 2 from Selena and Subaki respectively.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Does giving F!Corrin Swordbreaker help deal with Falchion or that's only if she has +Def for that to work?

Against Alm with Moonbow-Death Blow-Quickened Pulse, Triangle Adept and Close Def Sacred Seal on F!Corrin are mandatory along with Swordbreaker/Quick RIposte. If someone else is using Close Def Sacred Seal, then you will need Def Refinement.

Against other Falchion users, just Swordbreaker alone is fine. Def stacking helps, but it is not necessary if you want her to focus on something else.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Against Alm with Moonbow-Death Blow-Quickened Pulse, Triangle Adept and Close Def Sacred Seal on F!Corrin are mandatory along with Swordbreaker/Quick RIposte. If someone else is using Close Def Sacred Seal, then you will need Def Refinement.

Against other Falchion users, just Swordbreaker alone is fine. Def stacking helps, but it is not necessary if you want her to focus on something else.

Thanks X-Ray

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Does giving F!Corrin Swordbreaker help deal with Falchion or that's only if she has +Def for that to work?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Corrin would very much prefer to engage Alm on her own player phase. Neutral Corrin misses the follow-up against neutral Alm by 1 Spd, meaning she'll want Swordbreaker to make the follow-up guaranteed.