"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

50 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

Have TT units ever been brought back? Because I missed out on LA!Eliwood and I'm really hoping I get another chance at him.

Aside from Masked Lucina (Marth), no they haven't. The closest we have is the starter pack with Black Knight.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, CeruleanMage said:

Aside from Masked Lucina (Marth), no they haven't. The closest we have is the starter pack with Black Knight.

Well now I'm just sad. :( Thanks, though.

Would Serra prefer +Spd or +Atk? +Atk would increase how much she heals and let her do more damage, with Wrathful Staff, if needed. My problem is that Genny, Lachesis, and Lucius exist who have higher base attack and I'd rather have them run +Atk instead since at least in Genny and Lachesis's cases, they have much lower base speed than Serra. Lucius on the other hand only has 1 less base speed than Serra, but has 2 more base attack where I feel like +Atk plays on his strengths more than +Spd and vice versa for Serra. Maria would be on the same boat as well, but I figured she would since she's basically bride Lyn with higher resistance.

Also, -Def is Serra's best bane since her defense isn't that good to begin with and -HP would hurt her magical bulk, right?

Edited by Kaden

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Would Serra prefer +Spd or +Atk? +Atk would increase how much she heals and let her do more damage, with Dazzling Staff, if needed. My problem is that Genny, Lachesis, and Lucius exist who have higher base attack and I'd rather have them run +Atk instead since at least in Genny and Lachesis's cases, they have much lower base speed than Serra. Lucius on the other hand only has 1 less base speed than Serra, but has 2 more base attack where I feel like +Atk plays on his strengths more than +Spd and vice versa for Serra. Maria would be on the same boat as well, but I figured she would since she's basically bride Lyn with higher resistance.

Also, -Def is Serra's best bane since her defense isn't that good to begin with and -HP would hurt her magical bulk, right?

If you are going for damage output, more Speed is better since you are doubling more often. If you are going for a pure support role, both +Atk and +Spd are fine. +Atk is better for improving her healing performance while +Spd improves her survivability just in case she gets attacked. I would personally got with +Spd since I do not think the slightly better healing makes a huge difference.

As for whether to bane her Def or Res depends on what you value more if you plan to use her as an emergency wall. If you feel more comfortable to bane her Def, I would go with that. Many players prefer to bane their ranged unit's Def since they do not plan to use them as walls against melee units and walling archers is generally a bad idea for any unit that is not a Raven mage, loli, or armor. Other players like me prefer to bane the higher of Def or Res since you usually do not need that much Res to tank a mage anyway and you can use some of that physical bulk to wall lolis and maybe some other melee units; if you do need that much Res to tank, that means Serra is probably facing offensive mages, and they hit so hard and fast that a few extra Res would not realistically matter, as someone with a ton of Spd and Res like Felicia herself is barely holding on when countering them.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you are going for damage output, more Speed is better since you are doubling more often. If you are going for a pure support role, both +Atk and +Spd are fine. +Atk is better for improving her healing performance while +Spd improves her survivability just in case she gets attacked. I would personally got with +Spd since I do not think the slightly better healing makes a huge difference.

As for whether to bane her Def or Res depends on what you value more if you plan to use her as an emergency wall. If you feel more comfortable to bane her Def, I would go with that. Many players prefer to bane their ranged unit's Def since they do not plan to use them as walls against melee units and walling archers is generally a bad idea for any unit that is not a Raven mage, loli, or armor. Other players like me prefer to bane the higher of Def or Res since you usually do not need that much Res to tank a mage anyway and you can use some of that physical bulk to wall lolis and maybe some other melee units; if you do need that much Res to tank, that means Serra is probably facing offensive mages, and they hit so hard and fast that a few extra Res would not realistically matter, as someone with a ton of Spd and Res like Felicia herself is barely holding on when countering them.

Serra having Recover+ by default also makes me lean towards +Spd, since Recover+ heals a lot to begin with; 50% Atk + 10. Default =Atk Serra heals 28 HP with Recover+ which is more than half HP for most if not almost every character. +Atk, having a 10 Mt staff equipped, +3 attack, or basically having 40 total attack would only bump that up to 30 HP. Genny, Lachesis, and Lucius would have a higher ceiling in both damage and healing.

Neutral Serra's 33 HP and 21 defense gives her 54 total or 38x2 physical bulk which is terrible when you consider it takes double L&D3, -10 Def/Res, for neutral Raven to have that low of physical bulk and he's unlikely to get doubled with 45 speed not to mention his ability to run Escutcheon and Shield Pulse if you really want him to. Granted, I'm comparing a healer to an offensive infantry, but the point is that Serra's physical bulk isn't that good. So for me, dropping down to 18 defense and 51 total or 35x2 physical bulk isn't that big of a deal for someone whose physical bulk wasn't that good to begin with.

Magically, she at least has high resistance, giving her 66 total or 50x2 magical bulk, even though mages hit so damn hard in general that sometimes it doesn't even matter. Or if they're a dragon with a refined breath or a legendary/personal breath, then fuck your high resistance if you're a ranged unit. But at least it's something and her ceiling is higher with resistance buffs than if she were -Res (or -HP).

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to go with +Spd, -Def Serra.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So I don't know anything about Marth, what's closest element he would normally be associate with?

The more Legendary Heroes are released, the less it matters about which Blessing he receives since they will all eventually give all stats. With his Falchion refine, people use him as a buffbot, although he can still fight rather well.

So in short, anything goes.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

The more Legendary Heroes are released, the less it matters about which Blessing he receives since they will all eventually give all stats. With his Falchion refine, people use him as a buffbot, although he can still fight rather well.

So in short, anything goes.

Alrighty then, Wind it is. Thanks for answering.

Even though I just bought orbs this morning and used them when I tried to do so again this afternoon I got an error message that my purchase could not be completed. My iTunes account still has the correct balance so it’s not running the purchase through whenever I retry and it’s only loaded from a gift card not a credit card which I’ve done from the get-go.

I’ve tried restarting my phone, completely deleting the app and relinking my Nintendo account (not doing this step again, the wait time was murder), logging in and out repeatedly of iTunes to make sure the funds are there, and I don’t know what else to do. 

The iTunes Support website link that’s listed in the error box doesn’t have any pertinent info to my issues and after thoroughly checking around the main site I wasn’t able to find any answers either. 

Has anyone encountered this and gotten it fixed?

Just got my pity broken by a +res/-HP leo and a -atk/+spd lachesis. What can I do with them? For reference, my existing cavalry are l'arachel(blade), reinhardt, Sigurd, Abel, Siegbert, Chrom(branded). My other red mages are katarina(blade), and lyon. My only other staff user is Genny. I have a 4* tharja, over 40,000 feathers, and over 200 divine dew, with no urgent targets for any of those resources (although there are alternatives).

52 minutes ago, sirmola said:

Just got my pity broken by a +res/-HP leo and a -atk/+spd lachesis. What can I do with them? For reference, my existing cavalry are l'arachel(blade), reinhardt, Sigurd, Abel, Siegbert, Chrom(branded). My other red mages are katarina(blade), and lyon. My only other staff user is Genny. I have a 4* tharja, over 40,000 feathers, and over 200 divine dew, with no urgent targets for any of those resources (although there are alternatives).

Leo
Brynhildr [special]
Moonbow
Fury — Distant Def — Fierce Stance
Dull Ranged — Quick Riposte
Quick Riposte — Distant Def

Lachesis
Gravity [Dazzling Staff] — Pain [Dazzling Staff]
Speed +3 — Fortress Res — Fortress Def
Chills — Wings of Mercy — Live to Serve — Guard — Dull Ranged
Savage Blow
Speed +3 — Fortress Res — Fortress Def — Distant Def — Close Def — Savage Blow

I would save your Rauðrblade for someone else. Leo needs +Atk/Spd for Rauðrblade. Even if Leo is +Atk though, I would still go with his Brynhildr over Rauðrblade as there far better candidates out there for Blade builds. If Leo is +Spd, you can give him a Blade build, but I would make that a secondary Leo and not your primary one.

I also do not recommend giving Blade tomes to offensive mages that comes with exclusive offensive tomes, since you could have given that Blade tome to another unit that needs an offensive tome. Replacing an exclusive offensive tome is not worth it since the performance does not really justify its price.

L'Arachel +Spd, -HP
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase [Ivaldi] 76:32:131
Player Phase [Ivaldi, 6/6/0/0] 174:32:33
Player Phase [Blárblade] 34:39:166
Player Phase [Blárblade, 6/6/0/0] 175:27:37

An extra 20,000 Feathers for 1 extra kill and 5 less deaths is not worth it in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I also do not recommend giving Blade tomes to offensive mages that comes with exclusive offensive tomes, since you could have given that Blade tome to another unit that needs an offensive tome. Replacing an exclusive offensive tome is not worth it since the performance does not really justify its price.

L'Arachel +Spd, -HP
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Speed +3
Player Phase [Ivaldi] 76:32:131
Player Phase [Ivaldi, 6/6/0/0] 174:32:33
Player Phase [Blárblade] 34:39:166
Player Phase [Blárblade, 6/6/0/0] 175:27:37

An extra 20,000 Feathers for 1 extra kill and 5 less deaths is not worth it in my opinion.

In retrospect, you are right (especialy because i promoted her for this and reinhardt and bride caeda (Blade) already existed. It may also have been a mistake to use my one swift sparrow on her. In all honesty, I just wanted to play with a cavalry blade mage).

As for lachesis, I am already running  dazzling gravity/savage blow 6 on my +atk genny. are the 20,000 feathers worth it (although I could always switch genny to a dual hone set)? What about a BOL9 set (bol skill, seal, and daseling absorb +)? is that worth it? I wouldn't really mind saving lachesis to fodder, but I already have genny as a physc user, and i don't know how good absorb+ is. Also, What staff do you recomend for lachesis? (you left it out of your set recomendation, although if i am sacraficing a Lisa for gravity, i would be inclined toword rehabilitate).

22 minutes ago, sirmola said:

It may also have been a mistake to use my one swift sparrow on her.

Swift Sparrow is fine since L'Arachel lacks an A slot.

What about a BOL9 set (bol skill, seal, and daseling absorb +)? is that worth it?

That sounds fine. It is good for mass healing in Rival Domains and Grand Conquest, although it is a bit position dependent. You can also try Heavenly Light with that set if you want to go with the theme of mass healing.

Also, What staff do you recomend for lachesis?

Her Assist does not really matter in my opinion. Her default Physic is fine. If you want something else, I recommend Recover since it heals a lot and is consistent. I generally would not change a staff user's Assist since they are all pretty okay once you upgrade them to + tier.

Edited by XRay

Since my questions were never answered, I guess I will ask it again.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:32 PM, XRay said:

A few questions:

1. Is Handbell sorted before or after Sack O' Gifts in the Skill Search menu?

2. Where are Brazen skills sorted in the Skill Search menu? After Bonds?

3. For units who can use two different exclusive Weapons due to Evolution, are the Evolved Weapons always listed before or after the original Weapon? Or is it sorted by alphabetical order? For example:

Alphabetical / Sorted Before

Wind
Elwind
Rexcalibur
Dark Excalibur
Excalibuer

OR

Sorted After

Wind
Elwind
Rexcalibur
Excalibur
Dark Excalibur

— — — — — — —

Here is a different type of question.

@Ice Dragon with the release of Ward Dragon, how useful is Fortify Dragons on a loli team? I am assuming Ward Dragon is better since you can stack it and it cannot be nullified. I have got two extra Ninians lying around since forever, so if there is no point in running Fortify Dragons anymore, then I am going to merge my Ninians.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since my questions were never answered, I guess I will ask it again.

1. Sack o' Gifts is first.
  2. Immediately after Defiant skills.
  3. I would assume not alphabetical order because all sort methods are agnostic of language. Order of implementation is most likely.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

with the release of Ward Dragon, how useful is Fortify Dragons on a loli team? I am assuming Ward Dragon is better since you can stack it and it cannot be nullified. I have got two extra Ninians lying around since forever, so if there is no point in running Fortify Dragons anymore, then I am going to merge my Ninians.

I don't have any spare Grimas. If I did have spare Grimas and didn't have any need for Vengeful Fighter (spoiler: I still need Vengeful Fighter), I'd begin slowly replacing Fortify Dragons with Ward Dragons.

Fortify Dragons I would imagine is most useful in a team with 2 Fortify Dragons and 2 Hone Dragons. Ward Dragons would be more useful in a team of 4 Ward Dragons.

On 9.4.2018 at 5:03 AM, Johann said:

Quick list of good Felicia B skills: Windsweep, Guard, Renewal, Desperation, Cancel Affinity, and Chill Spd are all strong choices. I personally run Renewal almost always just for the Arena points, Chain Challenge, etc. There are a few others that are decent choices but she probably won't get much from them because of her high Spd (QR, breakers) and Res (Watersweep), and low Atk (Vantage). Ideally her Res should be enough to survive Moonbow on Reinhardt, whether that's through her own skills, or support. Mine usually runs Distant Def 3 in A slot, and Atk Ploy 3 seal (Distant Def 3 is too necessary on other units for me to use on her).

Regarding Cecilia stuff: Your choices with her are going to ultimately depend on who she's with. Here are a few things to consider:

• Who is she on a team with? Does she have buffs usually, or a dancer? Are there other units on the team who can fulfill certain roles that she can't handle (primarily, targeting her weaknesses)? What is her biggest weakness that isn't a red unit?
  • Which Archers are giving you a hard time? A variety of them, or is it just Lyn? What bows are they using (often Firesweep or Brave Bow)? Are they usually using offensive skills like Life & Death, or more of a defensive build?
  • Which Green Mages are giving you a hard time? What is it about them that makes them a threat (Bladetome? Divine Naga? High Res or Spd? Cavalry mages?)? Is Green Tomebreaker enough? Is Cecilia your best unit to handle these mages when they show up?

Considering that Cecilia's Def is pretty low, I've never been a fan of Gronnraven on her (or any other low Def mage). On top of that, the archer you have to worry about most (and is certainly the most common) is Lyn, who's either packing a Brave Bow (which can overpower Cecilia's low Def), Firesweep Bow (often paired with Cancel Affinity), or default Mulagir (ignoring Cecilia's buffs). You also are forced to use Bowbreaker to stand a chance against Lyn's Spd, meaning Cecilia is not going to handle most green mages (not counting the ones that will always out-mage her, like Dierdre). I personally handle this with Keen Gronnwolf+ and a flexible B skill (like G Tomebreaker), in part because nobody uses Grani's Shield (for now, everybody has 2 Camuses at best), and likely wouldn't over offensive skills. This helps her maintain her key roles, which to me are keeping Lyn, Reinhardt, and other Cecilias (even if they are packing G Tomebreaker!) in check. Of these, Lyn is still going to be too strong to counter, but Cecilia with Gronnwolf will still kill Lyn in one shot, and can even remain where she is to counter Reinhardt.

On 9.4.2018 at 6:42 AM, XRay said:

Personally, I think dedicated Player Phase or Enemy Phase units are generally better than mixed phase units, especially for highly niche units like Felicia. I would recommend Quick Riposte if you are going the Enemy Phase route since Felicia's Spd simply is not enough to double enemy nukes and Felicia herself does not have enough Atk to one hit kill many of them. Enemy mage nukes may be fragile, but most of them can at least eat a counter. In my opinion, damaging enemies but not killing them is worse than leaving them at full HP since they could abuse Vantage and Wing of Mercy.

If you are going the Player Phase route, Desperation is fine. If you do not care about first round performance, you can run Moonbow instead of Iceberg so Felicia will always activate it on the second hit against enemy mages when Desperation is active.

That is making a Raven mage do too much. In my opinion, Raven mages' primary duty should be taking care of archers, the only other additional duty is to take care of enemy mages they have advantage against if you are sure the Raven mage can kill those enemy mages in one round of combat.

As @Johann has said, Cecilia does not have enough bulk to stomach attacks from BH!Lyn unless you plan to merge her beyond 5*+5. At 4*+10, Cecilia needs Bowbreaker to counter non-Firesweep BH!Lyn; BH!Lyn at 5*+10 running Mulagir can survive a counter from a 4*+10 Cecilia (Glimmer/Moonbow would not activate in time) and then proceed to double and kill Cecilia.

Yeah, okay. I'm still leaning towards Desperation for Felicia, but I'm going to have some more time to think about it anyways as I'm out of Shannas atm.

Regarding Cecilia, well, the role I mostly want her to perform is filling in the vacant green spot on my cavalry team. My problem is that I've managed to pull tons of blue and gray cavalry units so far, but not a single red or green one, which honestly makes some of the "Clear XXX with cavalry units" quests rather tricky.
There's also always the possibility of her countering some people during Arena Assault (Brave Lyn and Reinhardt mainly, but of course also other blues/grays and in case of Green Tome Breaker Green Mages as well). Her defenses are admittedly not all that great though, so I could also drop it for Bow Breaker to solidify her position against those guys and leave them mages to someone else.

Speaking of which, now that Lilina has her legendary weapon I could finally finish her build. I think I'll stick to the +Atk/-Def one I already have and give her Death Blow, though I also could promote my +Spd/-HP one and teach her Fury to get her speed to at least somewhat acceptable levels (with a buff). It might not really be worth it however, as she still wouldn't double much and her physical bulk is so bad that she's always in danger of dying in one hit anyways.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Sack o' Gifts is first.
  2. Immediately after Defiant skills.
  3. I would assume not alphabetical order because all sort methods are agnostic of language. Order of implementation is most likely.

I don't have any spare Grimas. If I did have spare Grimas and didn't have any need for Vengeful Fighter (spoiler: I still need Vengeful Fighter), I'd begin slowly replacing Fortify Dragons with Ward Dragons.

Fortify Dragons I would imagine is most useful in a team with 2 Fortify Dragons and 2 Hone Dragons. Ward Dragons would be more useful in a team of 4 Ward Dragons.

Alright, thanks!

I think I will go with Ward Dragons then whenever I get FH!M!Robins. Ward Dragons team seems easier to use.

35 minutes ago, Sias said:

Yeah, okay. I'm still leaning towards Desperation for Felicia, but I'm going to have some more time to think about it anyways as I'm out of Shannas atm.

Regarding Cecilia, well, the role I mostly want her to perform is filling in the vacant green spot on my cavalry team. My problem is that I've managed to pull tons of blue and gray cavalry units so far, but not a single red or green one, which honestly makes some of the "Clear XXX with cavalry units" quests rather tricky.
There's also always the possibility of her countering some people during Arena Assault (Brave Lyn and Reinhardt mainly, but of course also other blues/grays and in case of Green Tome Breaker Green Mages as well). Her defenses are admittedly not all that great though, so I could also drop it for Bow Breaker to solidify her position against those guys and leave them mages to someone else.

Speaking of which, now that Lilina has her legendary weapon I could finally finish her build. I think I'll stick to the +Atk/-Def one I already have and give her Death Blow, though I also could promote my +Spd/-HP one and teach her Fury to get her speed to at least somewhat acceptable levels (with a buff). It might not really be worth it however, as she still wouldn't double much and her physical bulk is so bad that she's always in danger of dying in one hit anyways.

I recommend messing with the calculator then and see what common magic threats Felicia can and cannot counter when not using Quick Riposte on Enemy Phase. If you want to a lazy method or quick overview, giving enemy mages merge +5, +Spd, and Fury overwrite should give you a decent idea of who can Felicia reliably counter and who Felicia should avoid.

For Arena Assault, you do not need a full movement team to do well. In fact, you probably would have to change one or more units in the movement team to units of another movement type pretty often. Leaving a movement team half finished is fine. My second/fifth teams are my flier/cavalry teams, and I frequently have to change one or two units on both teams to run a unit that is a different movement type, usually to make my team less vulnerable and/or to hard counter a problematic enemy unit.

Edited by XRay

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Are neutral IVs optimal for Brave Lyn and Legendary Ike, or is something else more optimal?

I do not think neutral is ever optimal, but they are never bad either. Neutral is better than crippling banes like -Spd (except for slow units that want -Spd) or -Atk (except for certain units like Azama).

BH!Lyn wants +Atk for Brave Bow and +Spd for Firesweep Bow. -Res would be ideal if she is running Brave Bow so she can handle lolis better. If she is running Firesweep Bow, it does not really matter between HP, Def, and Res, although I would personally go for -HP/Def in case you want her to run Ploys.

BH!Lyn +Atk, -Res
Brave Bow, Luna
Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing
Attack +3
Player Phase 116:14:109
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 190:3:46

BH!Lyn +Spd, -HP/Def
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Swift Sparrow, Poison Strike
Speed +3
Player Phase 51:0:188
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 134:0:105

For VL!Ike, I would go with [+Spd, -Res]. He really needs the Speed to survive doubles.

VL!Ike +Spd, -Res
Ragnell, Radiant Aether
Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemy Phase 146:60:33

Edited by XRay

So I’ve been debating this whole time, and now I want to ask this. Should I fodder the free L!Ike off? My M!Grima would like warding Breath and I’m probably never gonna use him with F!Grima being a thing. That, and I hate this alt of his

Edited by Poimagic

27 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

So I’ve been debating this whole time, and now I want to ask this. Should I fodder the free L!Ike off? My M!Grima would like warding Breath and I’m probably never gonna use him with F!Grima being a thing. That, and I hate this alt of his

I just sac'd my BIke who is one of my favorite units for Lukas.  It sucks but sometimes you gotta do it.  

That being said LIke is a really great unit to have handy due to DC prf and Aether + wardening breath.  If you're interested in HM farming, he's really good at it.  Also he's an earth legendary so that can be nice for gardens or the GHB yearly quests.  So he's a really useful unit to have for certain things even if he's not that amazing in arena.  But yea - sometimes you have to fodder really good units for your favorite unit.

edit:  Also I should mention a lot of strategies consider Vike a free unit so if you struggle with GHBs and such then he can be nice to have b/c a lot of guides will use him.  But this doesnt apply if you've progressed past using guides.

Edited by Lushen

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think neutral is ever optimal, but they are never bad either. Neutral is better than crippling banes like -Spd (except for slow units that want -Spd) or -Atk (except for certain units like Azama).

BH!Lyn wants +Atk for Brave Bow and +Spd for Firesweep Bow. -Res would be ideal if she is running Brave Bow so she can handle lolis better. If she is running Firesweep Bow, it does not really matter between HP, Def, and Res, although I would personally go for -HP/Def in case you want her to run Ploys.

BH!Lyn +Atk, -Res
Brave Bow, Luna
Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing
Attack +3
Player Phase 116:14:109
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 190:3:46

BH!Lyn +Spd, -HP/Def
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Swift Sparrow, Poison Strike
Speed +3
Player Phase 51:0:188
Player Phase [6/6/0/0] 134:0:105

For VL!Ike, I would go with [+Spd, -Res]. He really needs the Speed to survive doubles.

VL!Ike +Spd, -Res
Ragnell, Radiant Aether
Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemy Phase 146:60:33

What if you're using Lyn's natural bow?