"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

30 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well, infantry is one type of unit so you might be dragged down by her if there's no infantry unit on the foe's team. You could give her Kaze's weapon (when it comesĀ out and if it's free) or try running smoke/rogue dagger. Smoke can help you kill your enemies quicker, but rogue does somewhat the same as well as buff your allies to be more sturdy

Yeah, she hits pretty soft with Poison Dagger if she's against non-infantry, which is disappointing. I just don't have any experience with dagger units outside of my PA Olivia who never actually fights, so I've been having a hard time judging what daggers work well in practice. I'm certainly thinking about Kaze's provided we get an extra copy of him if he's free, especially since my Kagero is +spd and not +atk for a more one-shot oriented build.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I use a +Atk Kagero, and Life and Death or Death Blow is fine if you stick with Poison Dagger. You can also run Fury if that is cheaper for you. I went with Life and Death so she has a better chance of doubling non Distant Counter infantry units, but if you are only using her as a mage infantry counter, then Death Blow is fine since she usually kills them in one shot, so doubling is not really necessary against mages.

I do not have HNY!Takumi, so I am just going by what I think the calculator is telling me. For Barb Shuriken, You want to Spd stack Kagero and you probably also want Hone Speed (and ideally Hone Attack) on one of her allies. Being able to double allows her to activate Moonbow on the second hit.

It's funny that LaD is actually cheaper for me lately, since finding Hinata when I open reds is as rare as finding diamonds. (and I'd rather keep my Skadi Takumis for Spd Smoke) I guess I'm leaning towards LaD to build off my +spd IV. Hopefully Kaze is indeed free, since his dagger seems like the best bet outside of her default. I really wish Poison Dagger got a refine, since effect or not it could really use more than a measly 5 mt. If only I'd gotten a second Lethal Carrot. It seems worse than Mochi/Kaze's in the sim but I've seen some crazy videos of her blowing stuff up with that thing.

Appreciate both your thoughts!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If only I'd gotten a second Lethal Carrot. It seems worse than Mochi/Kaze's in the sim but I've seen some crazy videos of her blowing stuff up with that thing.

For first round performance, Lethal Carrot is superior to Kagami Mochi if you give all enemies Distant Counter or have her face only ranged enemies. Lethal Carrot looks pretty bad because more enemies in the simulator are melee units and therefore cannot counterattack, which means Lethal Carrot cannot activate Moonbow in time.

Melee Wo Dao Weapons are superior to its Slaying counterparts because there are a lot of melee enemies who can counterattack, allowing Moonbow to charge in the first round of combat.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm curious how good is Hinoka's new bowĀ Warrior PrincessĀ against armored units. I'm wondering about the effectiveness on a neutral Bownoka.Ā 

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

She isn't in the mass duel simulator yet so I'd give it some time. Before I start playing around with her builds, I'm expecting her to do rather poorly. Unless she's running Firesweep Bow

The Arcticsilverfox simulator already has her. With a neutral nature,Ā vanilla skills, no merges, and Hone Fliers, she gets 115:70:44 against +5 opponents with +Spd, Distant Counter, and +3/3/3/3 buffs. Adding Fortify Fliers does decent work in converting losses into wins, bringingĀ her up to 135:31:63. Moonbow instead of Luna bumps her up to 170 wins.

Firesweep is safer (obviously), but weaker. Brave Bow has better performance only with a +Atk nature.

Ā 

The build

+10 Kinshi Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Warrior Princess, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond 3, Speed +3 / Attack +3) +6/6/6/6 or
+10 Kinshi Hinoka [+Spd, -Res] (Warrior Princess, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond 3, Attack +3) +6/6/6/6

seems to give her her best match-upsĀ against opponents with +10 [+Spd] (Distant Counter) +3/3/3/3 at 206:15:8.

The build that stacks Atk is capable of one-hit killing every +10 armor in the game with a pre-charged MoonbowĀ (obviously ignoring the armors that can't be +10) even with +21 HP/Def on the enemy.

Ā 

With Brave Bow+, the best I could manage with the same opponents is

+10 Kinshi Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Bow+, Dragon Fang / Glacies, Atk/Spd Bond 3, Attack +3) +6/6/6/6,

but that only gets herĀ 197:8:24.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice DragonĀ I noticed that the units with DC already available in their skillset or weapon really mess her up. Then again, her physical bulk is rather poor to use Warrior Princess in the higher tiers

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice DragonĀ I noticed that the units with DC already available in their skillset or weapon really mess her up.

That is what Firesweep Bow is for! With Poison Strike-Poison Strike and Hone Fliers, she practically kills most units with immediate Dancer/Singer support. Only the bulkiest units survive.

WOF!Hinoka +Atk
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Life and Death, Poison Strike
Poison Strike
6/6/0/0
Enemies +10, +Def, Steady Stance overwrite, 3/3/3/3
Player Phase 58:0:186
Player Phase [Dancer/Singer support] 217:0:27
Player Phase [Enemies Bowbreaker overwrite] 40:0:204
Player Phase [Enemies Bowbreaker overwrite, Dancer/Singer support] 215:0:29

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is what Firesweep Bow is for! With Poison Strike-Poison Strike and Hone Fliers, she practically kills most units with immediate Dancer/Singer support. Only the bulkiest units survive.

WOF!Hinoka +Atk
Firesweep Bow, Luna
Life and Death, Poison Strike
Poison Strike
6/6/0/0
Enemies +10, +Def, Steady Stance overwrite, 3/3/3/3
Player Phase 58:0:186
Player Phase [Dancer/Singer support] 217:0:27
Player Phase [Enemies Bowbreaker overwrite] 40:0:204
Player Phase [Enemies Bowbreaker overwrite, Dancer/Singer support] 215:0:29

Yea, just that... Where the heck is Faye when you need her?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

hugs Faye, shielding her from greedy hands

If she does appear on a banner then I'll try to get two of her. One to keep and one for fodder. She's amazing in my Echoes save so I have to at least use her in Heroes

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If she does appear on a banner then I'll try to get two of her. One to keep and one for fodder. She's amazing in my Echoes save so I have to at least use her in Heroes

Saint Faye with Anew when?

She does great for me with guard bow, DD3, QR3, and DD3 seal when Micaiah isnā€™t holding it. She is also my go-to anti-LynĀ measure in arena assault, actually.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Saint Faye with Anew when?

She does great for me with guard bow, DD3, QR3, and DD3 seal when Micaiah isnā€™t holding it. She is also my go-to anti-LynĀ measure in arena assault, actually.

Oh yeah baby. I maxed out the levels of all my villagers and then promoted them. Healer Faye is immortal

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice DragonĀ I noticed that the units with DC already available in their skillset or weapon really mess her up. Then again, her physical bulk is rather poor to use Warrior Princess in the higher tiers

Eh? The higher you go, the better Warrior Princess is as long as you can keep armors off of fortification tile. And if they're on fortification tiles, Brave Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ are pretty much worthless.

She has 62 physical bulk at +10, which goes up to 68 physical bulk with Fortify Fliers up. That's enough to pretty much survive anything that isn't a Special activation. +Atk armor Grima has 64 Atk and pretty much never runs Fierce Stance or Wary Fighter.

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eh? The higher you go, the better Warrior Princess is as long as you can keep armors off of fortification tile. And if they're on fortification tiles, Brave Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ are pretty much worthless.

She has 62 physical bulk at +10, which goes up to 68 physical bulk with Fortify Fliers up. That's enough to pretty much survive anything that isn't a Special activation. +Atk armor Grima has 64 Atk and pretty much never runs Fierce Stance or Wary Fighter.

I find it funny how the flooded us during christmas / beginning of year with Armorers and Loli-Dragons only to flood us now with Weapons effectiv against them lol

but then again you can never have too many Dragon killers, considering how oppressiv they can be with their refined breath to ranged units and melees with subpar res Ā¬.Ā¬

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@ZeoĀ That will be the hell of a team, looks very cool!

You pretty much summed up the pros and cons of bothĀ variants. In my opinion variant 1 is slightly better, because you want an intact dragon counter. Green mages are dangerous and it would be handy to have an hard counter, but better out-thinking the AI than running into dragon variantsĀ that will kill the first of your units who touches it.Ā 

Perhaps you won't see so many Ninos in +10-land anyway, you should be more worried about CC Armors and Bold Fighter/QR armors.Ā 

Another detail: Your Chrom and Lukas seem to have an equal HP stat. That would be unfortunate if you ever decide to give them Infantry Pulse.Ā 

True... but considering my team has 2 ranged units from launch (old BST) I don't think other ranged units are out of the question. Still I'm leaning towards Pair 1 which was my original plan anyways. There's a possibility also that Chrom could take an HP bane if that were to show up instead of SPD. So Lukas would have the Infantry Pulse skill since SPD is more dumpable on him than Chrom. And thanks, this team doesn't have a healer or a dancer like my original one, but if I play my cards right, no one should be taking much damage anyways. Marching forward.

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

@ZeoĀ You absolutely want Lukas to be -Spd with either build you go with. The 2nd build is exactly how I have mine except Bonfire is the special you want, andĀ I have Drive Spd 2 for the higher Arena points, and he is +Def/-Spd. I currently have Lukas set as my lead so you should add me and see first hand how that build works for you.

Proc-ing Bonfire twice is enticing actually. I would go with that if I go the SB route on him. Drive SPD is better for points but Nino wants buffs for her tome. I'll send you a request before the day is out I think. You'll know my Matthew when you see him.

Chrom has a super boon in Spd. If you want to run the DC build he can easily get over 40 Spd with his weapon's effect and hone/spur support. Otherwise you might want to go with -Spd since he will most likely be getting doubled anyway with his neutral Spd stat. For either build, 13 Res can be problematic.

It's funny,Ā I was interested in a +SPD Chrom with Wind Boost 3 and Speed+3 seal for offensive purposes. It sounded really fun but is more trouble than it's worth. I Like the idea behind Chrom utilizing that superboon and propping up his speed but who knows when/if a +SPD variant with the right nature could come about and if a +ATK/-SPD|HP variant would come before it. I'd like a -HP bane over a -SPD one though because if his SPD is low enough then +SPD Nowis are going to double him naturally and that's a problem. Sure Nino is an option vs them but that complicates things a bit.

Real talk, with that team you unfortunately won't be able to stay in the top 1000 for Arena Assault. Staying in Tier 20 in normal Arena should be easy enough though. After you finish your full team of +10s, you might want to invest in starting +10s of units like Nowi, Fae, Donnel (who can run the Berkut's DC build really well), Soleil, Draug, Gwendy, Sheena, and Effie for their higher BST. That way you can earn the top rewards for AA as well.

My +10 team of Nowi, Caeda, Lukas and Amelia needs a good run to stay in the top 1000 for AA. It is so bunched up that 4 less points would take me from 800s to outside the top 1000. I love my Lukas, but I am pretty close to having to bench him for Fjorm's higher BST, and the option to hand out blessings. The only thing that has stopped me so far is that I don't know if I have the right base for her.

Surely slapping Aether on Matthew/Nino and a double rally or two would fix that, no? Maybe the Heavy Blade 3 seal on her also since that's an extra point or two? Blessing teamsĀ aren't an option for me at the highest level since I can't whale for more copies of a legendary hero and a +0-1 Legendary would tank my score.

Either way, I do have plans for future +10's so maybe I'll aim for higher BST ones. Donnel actually is a *4 +10 in progress and I'm sure he'd be better for magic tanking with the BL+ build, it was between him and Lukas for my *5 +10 however and I chose Lukas.Ā 

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@ZeoĀ I say go for the first one. Assuming desperation is active,Ā Nino and many other green mages with Blade tomes and a 4/4/4/4 buff will still kill Chrom evenĀ if theyā€™re the -atk variants. Sadly thatā€™s just how low his res is.

Lukas gets a pass because Berkutā€™s lance lets any lance user take a magic hit and live. You still canā€™t counter green tomes very well but at least you can counter the rest.

I wouldnā€™t worry to much about green tomeĀ users anyway. High level arena is jam packed with dragons and armors. The only green tome armor is ToD!Henry and I doubt youā€™ll be running into him often.

Even if Chrom swaps out his -RES bane for a -SPD or -HP one? I do like the idea of mixed tank Lukas though. Leaning towards my original idea even more so. I think I might make a decision by the end of the day.

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Nino should only be providing +6 def/+3 res with spur def/res and drive def.Ā Rally def/res doesnā€™t stack with Matthewā€™s dagger buff.

Also may I suggest glimmer instead of moonbow? Glimmer has the same cooldowm as moonbow but will hit enemies much harder.

Other than that, itā€™s a really great team. Big fan of it!

That +6 is actually her rallies and spurs combined. This is a safety net in the event Matt can't buff his allies safely. If we're stacking her spur with his buffs that's +9 DEF/RES or +12 DEF and +9 RES if she's running the Drive seal.

I'll probably throw Glimmer on her just to see how it turns out. It's majestic on Lilina, even if she just runs Forblaze. And thank you!

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

*complementing.

Oh you.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't run the numbers, but the things you want to look out for with Chrom and Lukas:

• If you're using Chrom as your dedicated dragon counter, he needs to be able to take out any non-Triangle-Adept Nowi build. Corrin isn't really an issue.
  • Steady Breath on Nowi doesn't do anything if she initiates combat, so that should be a non-issue.
  • Does Lukas survive being initiated on by Bold Fighter Zelgius? What if Zelgius has a Wo Dao+ [Def]?
  • Does Lukas kill Zelgius on the counterattack?

I personally prefer Bonfire on Steady Breath Lukas. 50% of your Def twice is more damage than 80% of your Def once, assuming the opponent is fast enough to double or has Bold Fighter..

Ok so..

• If Chrom doesn't take a bane in SPD he avoids doubles from all manner of Nowis as long as the merges match up. This is why I don't consider -SPD to be a great option on him. -RES leaves him with little HP, but he doubles and kills just about any Nowi except for the TA3 or SB3 variants which I have Nino for.
  • Perfect indeed. The only unit that would be initiating against her would be Nino who, with buffs can likely 2HKO her without dying on the initial counter.
  • Assuming Lukas' Berkut's Lance build, Zelgius at +ATK and Lukas at Neutral, he survives with 3 HP. With things like merges coming into play it gets complicated, but Matthew and Nino's supporting tools are for situations like this. The SB Build on Lukas trivializes this however. Wo Dao+ on Zelgius destroys BL+ Lukas however.
  • Yes, Lukas kills Zelgius on the counter if he survives his assault.

Proc-ing Bonfire twice is enticing and likely what I'd go for if I go that route.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ā 

Ok so..

• If Chrom doesn't take a bane in SPD he avoids doubles from all manner of Nowis as long as the merges match up. This is why I don't consider -SPD to be a great option on him. -RES leaves him with little HP, but he doubles and kills just about any Nowi except for the TA3 or SB3 variants which I have Nino for.
  • Perfect indeed. The only unit that would be initiating against her would be Nino who, with buffs can likely 2HKO her without dying on the initial counter.
  • Assuming Lukas' Berkut's Lance build, Zelgius at +ATK and Lukas at Neutral, he survives with 3 HP. With things like merges coming into play it gets complicated, but Matthew and Nino's supporting tools are for situations like this. The SB Build on Lukas trivializes this however. Wo Dao+ on Zelgius destroys BL+ Lukas however.
  • Yes, Lukas kills Zelgius on the counter if he survives his assault.

Proc-ing Bonfire twice is enticing and likely what I'd go for if I go that route.

give Lukas Steady Breath Guard + Quick Riposte seal and he will deal with any phyiscal threat from any kind of source swiftly without taking dmg. His Spd and RES is so poor that he will die in most cases even with Berkuts lance.

Even most green melee units cant put a dent to him, especially on he is on a for tile.

When i encounter in AA a full physical Armor emblem Team I just park Lukas on a Fort Tile with the Guard built and watch the Armorers massacre that follows swiftly after.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I find it funny how the flooded us during christmas / beginning of year with Armorers and Loli-Dragons only to flood us now with Weapons effectiv against them lol

Bows have lacked a good answer to armor since the beginning of the game. The best they had previously against a Distant Counter armorĀ was to take pot shots with Firesweep Bow or be Lyn and have Sacae's Blessing.

Chrom and Roy don't really do much for dragon-effective weapons, though. Both of them have trouble breaking through Nowi and Corrin, considering blue is still the most popular color for dragons in use.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

but then again you can never have too many Dragon killers, considering how oppressiv they can be with their refined breath to ranged units and melees with subpar res Ā¬.Ā¬

I'm still of the opinion that the player base is having problems only because they're using outdated strategies and aren't willing to adapt to the changing metagame.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

give Lukas Steady Breath Guard + Quick Riposte seal and he will deal with any phyiscal threat from any kind of source swiftly without taking dmg. His Spd and RES is so poor that he will die in most cases even with Berkuts lance.

Even most green melee units cant put a dent to him, especially on he is on a for tile.

When i encounter in AA a full physical Armor emblem Team I just park Lukas on a Fort Tile with the Guard built and watch the Armorers massacre that follows swiftly after.

The thing about that though is that regulates Chrom to DC which he isn't great at (since I only have 1 SB) and with the BL+ build Lukas has 38/34 defenses which can be dual propped into the 50s with Matthew's influence and Nino's Rally and Spur DEF+RES.

One touch from Nino and Lukas'Ā mixed bulk skyrockets to 44/40 and that's just with her support and not Matthew's buffs + debuffs on enemies. Then you factor in Chrom who's hitting 45 DEF if he runs the SB build instead with the Close DEF seal and with any sort of rally/spur influence (or DEF tile),Ā  is pushed easily into the 50s for Lukas-tier physical bulk while doubling as a Dragon Killer, something Lukas isn't.

46 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Even if Chrom swaps out his -RES bane for a -SPD or -HP one? I do like the idea of mixed tank Lukas though. Leaning towards my original idea even more so. I think I might make a decision by the end of the day.

Well letā€™s see, if you swap out the natures for something like +res/-spd he should survive even +atk variants assuming full res buffs from your Nino and Matthew. Next best thing is +hp/-spd but Elise kills. If you want to keep him with +atk then go for -spd. Only 5 units kill him none of which should be common. AndĀ if Matthew lowers their attack you have nothing to worry about.

I still think your original idea is better.

So I'm thinking of a special for my Gronnraven+ +Def/-Spd Spring Camilla. What would be the best choice of Glimmer, Moonbow or Bonfire?

Normally I'd go for Bonfire straight away with that boon but after thinking about it, if she wants to check Lyn/Reinhardt ASAP would a 2 turn special be better? And which particular one?

One note is I don't have TA fodder right now (will eventually give it to her when I pull a Roy) but does this affect which special is better?

@ZeoĀ I think DC Berkut's Lance Lukas is better than DC Chrom. Would rather have Steady Breath Chrom to play to his melee strengths, and while Lukas also wants it, at least Berkut's Lance has a nice niche of giving him acceptable Res.

DC Chrom would really only be good with archers...and I feel even Lukas would be better at that job.

Edited by mcsilas

I just got a Hinoka, but she is +res, - atk. She is my first ranged flyer or 5* unit with an armor effective weapon, so I really want to use her. If i can't, i have to decide whether to fodder her to soren for her bond skill, fodder her to NY!azura for flyer guidence, or fodder her to NY!azura for flyer formation, or fodder her to someone else. It is worth noting that i don't use soren THAT much, and although i constantly use NY!azura, she is usualy the only flyer on my team.

Also, on a similar note, I just got a +atk, -spd Saber. I already have a ton of sword users, including ayra, soliel, exalt chrom, siegbert, elincia, and sigurd, plus several others. Should i build him? (he does not appear special, and someone probably wants a slaying sword,Ā  but I am always reluctant to fodder a 5* exclusive if i could get the same skill by promoting fir or something)

@ZeoĀ Somewhat late reply here, between work and having to update my simulator before doing anything on this...I'd personally lean toward the DC Chrom/SB Lukas option, and second (or whatever number I am now, if we're going to be technical about it) the suggestion to run Bonfire over Ignis for the latter.

Some things I noticed while running numbers (+10 Chrom/Lukas vs +10 enemies):

• DC Chrom's Enemy Phase matchups against non-blue dragons aren't all that bad. I ran them against enemies with Steady Breath/Quick Riposte and +3/3/6/6 buffs. He avoids getting doubled by Def-stacking ones and OHKOs Spd-stacking ones (I see a lot more of the former, but I have seen some of the latter here and there).
    • DC Chrom's Player Phase matchups against the same set of enemies/conditionsĀ are a lot dicier without an adjacent ally to get him the Falchion combat buffs, but the greens are safe unless 2+ Ward stacks are in the picture.
    • I'm not really seeing how using DC over Steady Breath cripples his dragon matchups, tbh, especially if you're running Steady Breath/Aether. Aether won't activate unless the dragon doubles him, and most dragons that manage to get off 2 hits on him will KO him.
    • Blue dragons should be handled by Nino.
  • Steady Breath Lukas is very solid, as expected.
    • I was interested to see that +10, +Atk/-Res, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, +3/3/3/3 buffed Zelgius was OHKO'd by Lukas' first Bonfire activation (I gave Lukas Def/Res+3 in combat buffs for Nino's Spur Def/Res). Fortify Armor and Ward Armor do exist and would save him by varying amounts if they're active (he'd die to Lukas' second attack, but not before getting Black Luna off).
    • I think I saw a mention of Guard/QR seal somewhere...that'sĀ worth looking into if you're worried about Bold Fighter and/or enemies that depend on getting a special activation.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I know we don't know much about Kinshi Hinoka yet, but given just her base kit, is +Atk/-HP really her ideal set of IVs?

Very close to it. I think +Spd is better but +Atk is her second best boon especially if you want to keep her armour-effective bow. She wants to deal with then ASAP before they can counter attack due to her poor defense.

-HP seems to be the best bane as you donā€™t get a superbaneĀ