57 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anways, I’m trying to decide what unit I should spend my feathers on:

•Lilina (+atk/-def)

•A Roderick for my Roderick +10 merge project

•Kaze

•Michalis

•F!Corrin (+spd/-hp)

•F!Robin

I would go with whoever you use the most.

If you use them all equally, I would go with Lilina or F!Robin. Lilina can one shot a lot of things and F!Robin can run a Raven build pretty well.

@Poimagic Personally I tend to focus fire on my +10 projects because I lack patience, so personally I would be tempted to finish that up unless you have a reason for wanting to back burner it. But as said I get impatient on those and burn feathers and copies as fast as I get them once I start such a project. I don't need to tell ya that XRay has the solid advice if you decide you can be patient for your +10 project.

So I have been ?blessed? by an extra Ephraim. My current is +ATK/-SPD. My new is +ATK/-HP. Now I know that gamepress says to dump speed or res. But goodness is he frail as can be. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING(except generic armors) seems to double his butt. Plus he has easy access to at least +4 speed with the teams he runs with. I am thinking that +ATK/-HP will be better for his overall durability and potentially let me experiment more with his solar brace skill(honestly I expect it to be kind of gimicky since he isn't super tough). However, since my lean is going away from 'conventional' wisdom of gamepress and the wiki I figure I would ask what others think. This merge btw would give a point of speed so it is 28 vs 24. And 24 just feels so much worse than 28 from a getting doubled standpoint. The stats of the Generic GHB units look like it could be quite helpful anyways(though skills will throw that around a bit).

Also  just for fun. What would you guys pick; Le Lyn with -SPD/+RES or +DEF/-RES? I'll probably just keep using -SPD simply because I don't want to take the time to level her up again. She won't be seeing much use regardless.

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Now I know that gamepress says to dump speed or res.

The primary reason you can safely dump Spd is because enemies cannot double Ephraim on his player phase if they are dead after his second attack.

Trying to pick out a nature for Draug and could use some advice. I've got a +Atk/-Res, +Spd/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. If I merged this guy up to carry me into the higher echelons of the arena in the future, which would be the best?

Similarly, am I good to go with my +Atk/-Spd Gwendolyn? I know you have to consider a speed boon on her because it brings up her BST score another vital point, but I think I'd rather dump it.

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria Thanks! Yeah the 'bad' thing about less healer pitybreakers is now you have to promote for the + version of Staves and healing skills. Oh well. I guess for Lachesis to truly shine with +Atk she should be fully built then with the refined staves...although she's not super high on my promoted list. I think that goes to Priscilla then, since I need a cavalry healer.

Excellent choices! Admittedly, I don't use Lachesis much because I'm not a huge fan of Absorb, but she serves her purpose. I definitely prefer Priscilla for mobility even if her weapon isn't one I use a lot either.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Trying to pick out a nature for Draug and could use some advice. I've got a +Atk/-Res, +Spd/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. If I merged this guy up to carry me into the higher echelons of the arena in the future, which would be the best?

Similarly, am I good to go with my +Atk/-Spd Gwendolyn? I know you have to consider a speed boon on her because it brings up her BST score another vital point, but I think I'd rather dump it.

For Draug, I would go with +Atk. Death Blow-Bold Fighter really wants that +Atk for an extra 12 damage. Distant Counter-Vengeful Fighter also works, as his Bonfire/Ignis activation is pretty scary.

Gwendolyn's nature is perfect. She is ready whenever you are.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

For Draug, I would go with +Atk. Death Blow-Bold Fighter really wants that +Atk for an extra 12 damage. Distant Counter-Vengeful Fighter also works, as his Bonfire/Ignis activation is pretty scary.

Gwendolyn's nature is perfect. She is ready whenever you are.

Sounds good, thanks.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:01 AM, mcsilas said:

5. +Spd/-Res Leon or +Atk/-HP Leon? Not sure if he'll be my first choice for Close Counter yet but I'm just wondering if +Atk is generally a better boon for him. I might keep Slaying Bow for now though since I have Bridelia for Brave Bow and I'm still waiting on Brave Bow fodder.

Sorry I'm late~!

They're both good, but it depends on what you want.

- For raw PP aggression, +Atk is much better.  Summoner support will most likely be needed if you want to pull have the nonsense I do, since he tends to fall short of GHB benchmarks by a hair.  My Leon is +Atk/-HP, and while the bane sort-of hurts, he shouldn't be tanking more than one hit anyway.   He can safely run Bonfire on top of the usual Brave build.

- For a more balanced build, +Spd is better.  Slap something like Fury on him, and he'll have respectable physical bulk alongside 37/36 offenses (with Fury, before factoring in any sort of weapon) means that he has options.  Guard Bow+ (defense) + Distant Defense seal means that he'll be able to absorb ranged physical attackers on EP with his 48 defense assuming Fury in the A slot.  Or, refine his Slaying Bow+ to your needs, and adjust the special as necessary.

As for Close Counter, I'd give that to Reinhardt instead.  Leon's decent at absorbing physical hits, but his lack of weapon triangle control means that he's going to take far more damage than he likes to.

Can anyone think of a good reason not to run Close Counter Litrowl builds on the vanilla Robins?

I'm thinking something like

+10 Robin (M) [+Atk, -Res] (Blarowl+ [Def], Reposition, Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, [some Drive or another], Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3)
+6 Robin (F) [=] (Gronnowl+ [Def], Reposition, Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, [some Drive or another], Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3)

where I'd ideally be running them with at least a stack each of Drive Atk 2 and Drive Def 2.

46 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

What's the best special for +Spd -HP Legendary Lyn? I'll be running her default skills, with Heavy Blade seal if needed.

I would go for Moonbow. I do not recommend Heavy Blade since she needs that slot for either Speed +3, Distant Def, or Quick Riposte for tanking and countering threats.

So I've never merged allies.

So I want to know if I have a 5 star lv 40 character should I merge another 5 star unit if they are lv 1 or 40. I'm wanting to make a 5 star +10 Felicia

8 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

So I want to know if I have a 5 star lv 40 character should I merge another 5 star unit if they are lv 1 or 40. I'm wanting to make a 5 star +10 Felicia

The levels do not really matter, but what does sort of matter is the efficiency of SP utilization. You ideally want the unit to be sacrificed to learn as much skills as possible before being sacrificed, so the main unit getting the merge can preserve their SP for learning other skills.

If the main unit already got all the necessary skills learned, you can just merge the sacrifices into the main unit.

SP utilization is not a big deal, but it is a hassle to have to grind for SP at higher levels if you do not plan properly. Grinding SP on lower level units is easier and more efficient.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

What's the best special for +Spd -HP Legendary Lyn? I'll be running her default skills, with Heavy Blade seal if needed.

Iceberg can be chosen to kill bulky units safely. She have stat identical to Rebecca so her RES is quite high. I suggest Iceberg if you run Fury.

But if you keep her default kit then I suggest Luna/Moonbow/Glimmer.

@Silith13

Sorry to hear that.

So, I'm trying to give Katatrina the most appropriate element to her character but all I got from reading off her was Katarina that she used Elfire & that's about it.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best to fit her somewhat shy attitude & I'm leaning towards Fire because of the Elfire & Wind because of my lack mage users.

31 minutes ago, D4RTH said:

Pulled 2x Inigio &  2x Shigure from the Legendary Banner.

Inigo:

+Spd / -Atk

+Def / -Res

Shigure:

+Hp / -Def

+Res / -Hp

My question is:

Which IV's should I keep for each? (Plan on merging them).

For both dancers, one of their more potent builds is TA3 Raventome builds.

Inigo would prefer to run +Spd -Atk, as his attack is already quite low (and doesn't matter quite as much since he doesn't want to be in neutral or disadvantageous battles anyways) and puts his speed at a point where he can dodge most doubles. Lowering his Res hurts his ability to counter Reinhardt, even if his Bow countering ability is improved.

As for Shigure... I'd personally vote +Res -HP since that improves his ability to take on Red Mages without hurting his ability to battle bows.

Edited by Xenomata

On 5/5/2018 at 12:59 PM, Captain Karnage said:

On the confirmation screen (that shows you the before and after and the amount of SP gained), you can tap and hold on the "after" character icon and see exactly what they'll have after the merge.

This thread went a good while without any updates...

Some smaller questions.

A) I recently pulled another FH!Celica, +Spd -Def. My current FH!Celica runs +Def -Res nicely, between Beloved Zofia, Fury, and Beloved Zofia's innate effect, but I also understand the importance of speed (even if Chill Spd fixes that issue a little). But I'm not sure I'm all down for higher W-L-D numbers if it means having yet another speedy Infantry Sword, especially when the cost is -7 Defense. Plus having this Celica means I can give someone else Chill Spd, which recent activities have proven that Chill Spd is actually pretty cool. Input?

B) I usually end most banners having exhausted the pity rate, and the Wings of Fate banner currently has a 3.25% pity for me. But the announcement of new heros, especially ones that have me intrigued, puts me in a dilemma of either TRYING to get at least one 5* from Wings of Fate now, or having more chances to get 5*s from Genealogy. Input?

C) Just generally speaking, what do people usually do when they have the Refining Stones to give someone an upgrade, but not really having any one specific unit they want to give it to, but also wanting to get Refining Dew?

One question because my brain is fried from the past few weeks and I really don't want to use it:

I have three nice Halloween Henrys:

• [+Spd, -Def]
  • [+Atk, -Spd]
  • [+Atk, -Res]

Which one do I pick? (I hate trying to figure out builds for fast armors because keeping their Spd intact is actually worth something.)

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I usually end most banners having exhausted the pity rate, and the Wings of Fate banner currently has a 3.25% pity for me.

3.25% is pretty much nothing. If there's someone you really want off of Genealogy, I say drop Wings of Fate and keep your orbs for Genealogy.

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Just generally speaking, what do people usually do when they have the Refining Stones to give someone an upgrade, but not really having any one specific unit they want to give it to, but also wanting to get Refining Dew?

Find another staff to refine with Dazzling Staff.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

• [+Spd, -Def]
  • [+Atk, -Spd]
  • [+Atk, -Res]

Which one do I pick? (I hate trying to figure out builds for fast armors because keeping their Spd intact is actually worth something.)

The Budged Curated Build on Gamepedia lists +Spd -Def as a possible nature. The Curated Gronnblade+ Henry lists +Atk -Def as the recommended nature, but -Spd should work to, given the set has Bold Fighter in it.

If it were me, I'd personally pick +Spd, but since I still don't have Halloween Henry I don't actually know myself if 37 spd on an armor is actually worth as much as it should sound.

As for your responces...

I'm most interested in Ishtar, but even though I do have units I'm interested in from Wings of Fate... I also already have them both already, so... guess I'm dropping it.

Another, really? I mean, I don't disagree with that, I do have this Azama I been meaning to work on...

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

A) I recently pulled another FH!Celica, +Spd -Def. My current FH!Celica runs +Def -Res nicely, between Beloved Zofia, Fury, and Beloved Zofia's innate effect, but I also understand the importance of speed (even if Chill Spd fixes that issue a little). But I'm not sure I'm all down for higher W-L-D numbers if it means having yet another speedy Infantry Sword, especially when the cost is -7 Defense. Plus having this Celica means I can give someone else Chill Spd, which recent activities have proven that Chill Spd is actually pretty cool. Input?

FH!Celica is the fast sword infantry. No one else can quite compare to her on independent performance. -7 Def is not that big of a deal unless you plan to use her as an Enemy Phase unit, but if you are using her that way, there are better candidates out there in my opinion, such as Eirika and any Distant Counter sword unit.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

One question because my brain is fried from the past few weeks and I really don't want to use it:

• [+Spd, -Def]
  • [+Atk, -Spd]
  • [+Atk, -Res]

I am not sure what you want out of TOD!Henry, so I will just list everything I can think of.

TOD!Henry +Spd, -Res
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
4/4/0/0
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Player Phase 178:18:49

TOD!Henry +Atk, -Res
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Attack +3
4/4/0/0
Player Phase 223:9:13

TOD!Henry +Spd, -Res
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter
Speed +3
Player Phase [4/4/0/0] 165:56:24
Player Phase [0/0/6/6] 174:40:31 (You will probably want to run a copy of Fortify Armor instead of Ward Armor on one of his teammates.)

TOD!Henry +Atk/Spd, -Res
Gronnowl [Spd][1 Ally], Iceberg
Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter
Attack +3/Speed +3
0/0/4/4
Player Phase 164:28:53

I would go with [+Spd, -Def] or [+Atk, -Res]. I am not sure if [+Atk, -Spd] is good for anything.