"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, XRay said:

FH!Celica is the fast sword infantry. No one else can quite compare to her on independent performance. -7 Def is not that big of a deal unless you plan to use her as an Enemy Phase unit, but if you are using her that way, there are better candidates out there in my opinion, such as Eirika and any Distant Counter sword unit.

Well I can't check my units now, but I do suppose that the drop in defense doesn't matter if the drop in Defense is from 40 (Fury 3, Beloved Zofia stat boost, Beloved Zofia special effect, and +Def nature) to 33 (all of the above with -Def nature)...

I'd also like to throw this question into the pile because I don't quite understand the update to the simulator I use: http://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/

How do I do what it is I want to do when checking the viability of, for instance, FH!Celica [+Def -Res] vs [+Spd -Def]? All I truly understand is that the filtered full list is the original "base unit" list, and that 704-718 is the list of units seen in that high tier of Arena battles.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

How do I do what it is I want to do when checking the viability of, for instance, FH!Celica [+Def -Res] vs [+Spd -Def]? All I truly understand is that the filtered full list is the original "base unit" list, and that 704-718 is the list of units seen in that high tier of Arena battles.

For colorless/red mage tanks/counters, I test them against Celica, since she is practically the only mage that got Blade mage performance without needing support or getting cock blocked by Dull Range. She sets the minimal performance standard that colorless/red mage tanks/counters should meet.

You can also use armor mages [+Atk, "Silver" Tome [Atk]/Blade, Luna/Moonbow, Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Attack +3], who set an even higher standard since they always double.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Can anyone tell me the difference or which one is better between "Glimmer" or "Moonbow"?

Eh. Glimmer is good for bladetomes and effective weapons. Moonbow for everything else that doesn't have high def/res and not for arena scoring

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Eh. Glimmer is good for bladetomes and effective weapons. Moonbow for everything else that doesn't have high def/res and not for arena scoring

So should Lucina have Glimmer instead of Moonbow?

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So should Lucina have Glimmer instead of Moonbow?

If you're not that invested in Arena then yes. Glimmer is a very good choice

27 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If you're not that invested in Arena then yes. Glimmer is a very good choice

Eh, I already gave Lucy Moonbow ages ago. Mind as well give Glimmer while I'm at it.

Thanks for answering

Is there anywhere that tells the best pack to buy orbs for the best price. I've seen mentions that in the US, the highest orb pack isn't actually the greatest value for money. Does the same hold true for the UK? I've tried working it out, but honestly, my maths skills are absolutely abysmal >.< 

Can anyone tell me? I'd be really grateful :) 

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Can anyone tell me the difference or which one is better between "Glimmer" or "Moonbow"?

I found this chart pretty helpful to understand the difference: 

While Glimmer helps to maximize an already big damage, Moonbow helps to deal damage where the defensive stat of the attacked unit would be too high otherwise. 

/Edit: @Cute Chao Where would I find the UK prices? 

Edited by mampfoid

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is there anywhere that tells the best pack to buy orbs for the best price. I've seen mentions that in the US, the highest orb pack isn't actually the greatest value for money. Does the same hold true for the UK? I've tried working it out, but honestly, my maths skills are absolutely abysmal >.< 

Can anyone tell me? I'd be really grateful :) 

According to this reddit post the biggest pack is the most efficient for the UK. However as the post is over a year old, do double check to see if the prices listed there are still current.

Also remember that the May monthly orb pack launches tomorrow I believe.

Edited by Humanoid

@Humanoid

Thanks so much :D 

The prices haven't changed, so I'm good to go if I ever want to whale again (and previous whaling wasn't done unefficiently). I will be going for the orb packs, though, first and foremost :) 

@mampfoid

Thanks for looking for me ^.^ 

18 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not sure what you want out of TOD!Henry, so I will just list everything I can think of.

I'm honestly not sure.

Gronnblade would be better on a mixed team composition because I can't really see myself running Hone Armor or Fortify Armor, so I'm leaning away from that.

I'm currently considering Gronnowl, but I don't really know if I want to make him a dedicated enemy-phase unit or give him a mixed-phase build. Fast armors are weird to build.

Also, for calculations, you'll want to run +10 against +10. This is a +9 Henry waiting to decide which base to merge to.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure.

Gronnblade would be better on a mixed team composition because I can't really see myself running Hone Armor or Fortify Armor, so I'm leaning away from that.

I'm currently considering Gronnowl, but I don't really know if I want to make him a dedicated enemy-phase unit or give him a mixed-phase build. Fast armors are weird to build.

Also, for calculations, you'll want to run +10 against +10. This is a +9 Henry waiting to decide which base to merge to.

What I'm planing on Halloween Henry (+atk - res) is an owl tome set with Close Counter and Vengeful Fighter . I tried to use a blade tome + on him, but I feel that's difficult to do on a armor unit moving one tile at a time. If only I can summon Grima, my plan can start. 

Hey, it's me again. Recently developments have left me conflicted on what I want to do with a certain member of my endgame team. Nino and Matthew are in stone and I've decided I want to go ahead and make Lukas a Steady Breath physical tank of death. I don't think I'll regret it. Now I'm left with Chrom who I've been unsatisfied with, I don't know what I want his role to be at this point as I feel he's incomplete... so I've been looking into multiple ways to build him now that Sealed Falchion can potentially change how he's used as a unit, potentially he's not even a EP unit depending on how you build him. I'd like some advice on what to do with him, being as realistic as possible with only a few hypothetical builds. Gonna tag you guys again.

@Ice Dragon @LordFrigid @Hawk King @Hilda @Astellius @NegativeExponents- @mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria@Hilda

These builds use a +3 Chrom as a base cause that's what I have. The normal Falchion runs a +ATK/-RES build which is my actual nature while the Sealed Falchion is +SPD/-RES which is more or less optimal for him.

Falchion (Spectrum Bond)

Spoiler

qHsfuDi.pngX87FMLC.pngvjwczTz.png

Obviously standard Chrom is an EP unit 100%, since a Breath is out of the question right now, these are the strongest alternatives.

Left: Since I have a spare Fjorm, ATK/DEF Bond is a possibility and potentially one of Chrom's strongest A options due to the synergy with his weapon. With the Defense Seal he's reaching 44 DEF on enemy phase which is pretty great. If you want faster Aether procs he can run Heavy Blade in the seal slot as well or even Close DEF 3 if Lukas isn't being fielded. In the case of the team, if Nino is running the Rally+Spur DEF/RES Combo Chrom basically becomes red Lukas.

Middle: This gives Chrom a bit more independence as Fire Boost can proc in any phase if he wants to run up and get a OHKO. Renewal is built in to keep his HP high. The hones are there for Nino, but he's a prime candidate for skills like Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse for his team since we're already running skills dependent on his HP. Fire Boost is an attractive option because all it costs me is my spare LA!Eliwood who I don't plan on merging, and it's the friendliest skill to be swapped out in the future. All other A skill options are premium and are a potential sacrifice if Chrom ends up getting Steady or Warding Breath down the line.

Right: The old Distant Counter build as you expected. With this he shrugs off archers and green mages with most likely a KO in return. The issue here is that he lacks the mixed defenses and speed to deal with multiple threats, but with the DD3 seal + Spectrum Boost he's got a better chance of surviving with 42/24 mixed bulk, combined with his high HP he'll be fairly difficult to ORKO, but it's touch and go with red mages. Still it's a big investment and DC should be used on a unit you plan on using long term and Chrom is it. I'm not fully committed to it though.

Nevermind the fact that along with his bulk, Spectrum Falchion gives him Renewal which he can double up on to give him fantastic healer potential with Resp. Aid while still running QR in his seal slot. This build on the whole mostly regulates him to Dragon Slaying and 2nd string physical tank, but it still gives him a bit of a niche. He's less PvE friendly but as an Arena unit he definitely has his place.

Sealed Falchion

Spoiler

f7Afkkc.pngtn9lZtB.png

With the introduction of Sealed Falchion it's possible to completely change how Chrom is played. These are just a couple of prime examples of what he can become.

Left: With Sealed Falchion he gets a +5 boost to all stats but that's still not quite enough to make him a potent unit in the inital round of combat even with a +SPD nature. However, the SPD+3 seal his Speed gets bumped up to a respectable 33 which goes up to 37 on initiation with Swift Sparrow which isn't the greatest but once he takes damage it skyrockets to 42 on initiation without buffs which is perfect for Desperation. Drive skills would be his friend but essentially he turns into a player phase nuke after he takes a hit, except he does it better than Lyn. I've come into possession of a single Swift Sparrow 2 fodder, it should be used on a unit I plan on investing in, and this is a prime opportunity. With this build Chrom turns into a player phase unit with respectable physical bulk at 35 while boasting 43/42 offenses after taking damage without actually calculating his weapon's base 16 MT.

Right: Fury is a cheaper alternative but it's not to be looked down upon. With it his SPD and ATK go down just a bit but that's traded for an enemy phase performance increase, that and it boosts his DEF to 40 which makes him pretty hard to take down even at lower HP. 38 Speed un-boosted is decent enough and Heavy Blade can allow for more Aether procs with a respectable amount of doubling. Swordbreaker is an alternative as well. ATK Smoke or SPD Smoke are great options for A skills because Chrom can either take single digit damage from his opponents or double them more easily depending on the situation.

Here's the issue with Sealed Falchion however.

GaCFG3X.png

This is a thing. Everyone may not have Lucina, but everyone has access to Masked Marth and many can +5 her (which I can do fairly easy with my feather count right now.). For minimal investment with Fury/Desp her performance is immediately comparable (and arguably superior at even merges) to Chrom's after the weapon's buffs kick in and downright superior before they do. 41 Base SPD at her max merge level without cluttering her seal slot and Fury being a cheap alternative to SS2 while still giving her comparable DEF, ATK and HP to Chrom while boasting superior RES and SPD (Chrom wants +SPD if he runs Sealed Falchion, which means his ATK isn't eclipsing hers).

She can do virtually the same thing Chrom can with this build and arguably has an easier time getting here because of her superior SPD and she has more flexibility in her Seal slot because she doesn't need the SPD seal to reach her full potential. While Chrom has access to five more merges and I'll feel cooler using the build on him (as it's far more unique on a unit like him), it could potentially be more optimal allowing Chrom to run an EP set that caters more neatly to his spread while running the Sealed Falchion build on his daughter. It gives me two distinct and powerful Falchion users and it's 150 to 350 Dew cheaper.

Some Hypothetical builds as well.

Spoiler

1W34FIY.png7Qqv2wI.pngGvNkEcV.png

Left: My original desired build for Chrom. Steady Breath is more optimal, but for some reason I wanted Warding Breath. 24-28 RES still isn't anything special, yet I was drawn to it. I don't know that I'd give it to him if I had the fodder, but it would be tempting.

Middle: He takes a hit and becomes an armored unit that likely will proc Aether on his next round of combat. Enticing and entirely possible now that M!Kana is a thing. Something about this build doesn't seem compelling though, boring and not that great in practice somehow is where I feel.

Right: Everything dies on Odd Turns. That's pretty much it.

Alright, I'm open to some wisdom. Normal Falchion has it's benefits, but Sealed Falchion is incredibly appealing as is the idea of completely breaking out of Chrom's standard of being a (somewhat subpar) EP melee unit.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure.

Well, the question is do you need another EP-based Armor? Henry isn't that great against physical damage compared to his peers and he does have his Spd stat to work with, giving him a unique mixed phase build that doesn't rely on Bold Fighter.
On the other hand a mixed-phase build based around his Spd probably doesn't enjoy -Def unless you plan using him exclusively against mages (it also kicks him off from 165 if you care about scoring).

@Zeo I'm leaning towards the Atk/Def bond build because that one magnifies Chrom's strengths to the point of reaching armor levels of Atk/Def. He'll be able to one-shot any dragon that tries to take him down with the exception of maybe TA Nowi/F!Corrin/M!Kana but that skill isn't common on them nowadays and they'd also get one-shotted by Nino so they're not a concern.

The Fire Boost set is a bit inconsistent in my eyes, the Hp thresholds have increased quite a lot thanks to refines and units with around 56 Hp aren't that rare of a sight although those are mostly dragons/armors, he will probably fare better with Fierce Stance (let's pray F!Kana gets demoted).

The DC set is kinda asking for trouble, with the general increase in bulk archers are starting to change Brave Bow in favor of Firesweep bow or Guard Bow, at least the +10B!Lyns and H!Jakobs I've been facing say so (and you don't want to be initiated by a DB+Brave Bow+Bold Fighter H!Jakob EVER if your name isn't Sophia). Against mages Chrom will be able to take down 1 opponent but then he'll be too weak to deal with another enemy and the small maps don't favor stalling in order to let him recover Hp. If you have any kind healer then he'll do great, but in terms of standalone performance, it's kinda shaky. 

For the Sealed Falchion builds, looking at the raw stats your Chrom is practically my +Spd BK!Chrom with more Hp and less Res. While the build is extremely strong in PP I think Lucina/MM fares better as a sweeper because higher Spd. Chrom would want Chill Spd support to run relatively better than her but we know that F!Celicas don't grow on trees, although with it he would be a beast.

The Warding Breath set seems cool but I would change Chrom's nature to -Spd because he'll want all the Res he can get to tank dragons. You don't seem very convinced about the Brazen set so better scrap it. 

Finally, the Odd Atk Wave seems to have slightly lower numbers than the Swift Sparrow set (counting that he gets a Hone Atk buff on the latter set) in exchange of being self-suficient. I don't know if it is worth it to kill Ishtar for it though.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I found this chart pretty helpful to understand the difference: 

While Glimmer helps to maximize an already big damage, Moonbow helps to deal damage where the defensive stat of the attacked unit would be too high otherwise. 

/Edit: @Cute Chao Where would I find the UK prices? 

Hey, that does help.

Thanks a lot!

@Zeo First off, you need to stop looking at Lucina/MMarth. They’re vastly different units that have different roles and even if they didn’t, you want to build Chrom, not Lucina, so just focus on him.

I like your DC set... except the nature is pretty bad for it. I feel it has some great potential but -res is pretty bad unless you’re only concerned about arrows and daggers and letting someone else deal with the magic. You should use a +res or even a neutral res Chrom for DC.

The Sealed Falchion builds are the best. I was gonna say they’re good but Chrom shouldn’t be a sweeper but then I remembered that you wanted to give Matthew spd smoke. With spd smoke in play and an additional buff to Chrom’s spd I this can really go places. I lean towards the one that has Fury in his build because it’s easier to activate Sealed Falchion. I can’t remember if you planned to use a hone or drive spd on one of your units but if you haven’t, definitely make some room for one.

The brazen def/res is kinda neat. Not being able to counter mages sucks but better EP against dragons. Again, I would replace that -res nature of his for something else if you run that.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Wanted to run a erica on a mixed tactic team along with blade l'arachel, siegbert, and L!lyn. This team includes all 4 tactics, with eirica running def ploy and everyone else running their native ploy skills. Currently I have a 5* +hp/-def erica, and my 4* eiricas are +spd/-hp and +spd/-res (no 3* ones). Should I promote and merge one for the better nature, or should I hold off for a different nature (or save the feathers for something else, if the nature is not a big difference.) Note that, although I have other merge targets, i don't have enough units (merging my +2 reinhardt to +10, with no avalible 3/4* reinhardts atm), or they are not of the right nature (i want a clair, but mine is -atk). I have enough feathers for severavl promotions (but not enough to finish reinhardt).

Edited by sirmola

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Wanted to run a erica on a mixed tactic team along with l'arachel, siegbert, and L!lyn. This team includes all 4 tactics. Currently I have a 5* +hp/-def erica, and my 4* eiricas are +spd/-hp and +spd/-res (no 3* ones). Should I promote and merge one for the better nature, or should I hold off for a different nature (or save the feathers for something else, if the nature is not a big difference.)

Your [+Spd, -HP] is perfectly fine for either Player Phase or Enemy Phase. Her Distant Counter Enemy Phase performance is pretty ridiculous with 12/12/12/12. If you are going the Enemy Phase route with Distant Counter, I recommend using +Atk instead of +Spd, but it should not matter too much if she is buffed.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Note that, although I have other merge targets, i don't have enough units (merging my +2 reinhardt to +10, with no avalible 3/4* reinhardts atm), or they are not of the right nature (i want a clair, but mine is -atk). I have enough feathers for severavl promotions (but not enough to finish reinhardt).

Between Reinhardt and Eirika (or any other unit), I would prioritize whoever you use on your core Arena team first. Until you reach around Tier 18+, your core Arena team should be hogging most of your resources as they are the ones who bring you the most return every week. The sooner you can get your core Arena team (and Arena Assault units) done, the sooner you can have access to increasing amounts of resources.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure.

Here is what I can come up with concerning an Enemy Phase build:

TOD!Henry +10 +Atk -Res
Gronnowl [Spd][1 Ally], Luna
Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter
Speed +3
0/0/4/4
Enemies +10, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury, 3/3/3/3
Enemy Phase 142:32:75
Enemy Phase [+Spd] 134:19:96

If TOD!Henry is going to be constantly stuck with 2 or more of his armor allies, you may want to stack Atk:

TOD!Henry +10 +Atk -Res
Gronnowl [Spd][2 Ally], Luna
Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter
Attack +3
0/0/8/8
Enemy Phase 173:31:45
Enemy Phase [Speed +3] 160:18:71
Enemy Phase [+Spd, Speed +3] 141:13:95

Not really sure what to prioritize with a mixed phase build

TOD!Henry +10
Gronnowl [Spd][1 Ally], Moonbow
Close Counter, Bold Fighter
Quick Riposte
0/0/4/4
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res] 86:44:119
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -Res] 49:136:64
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 55:44:150
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res] 44:112:93
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 55:45:149
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Def] 43:124:82

TOD!Henry +10
Gronnowl [Spd][2 Ally], Moonbow
Close Counter, Bold Fighter
Quick Riposte
0/0/8/8
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res] 111:24:114
Enemy Phase [+Atk, -Res] 91:82:96
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 78:14:157
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Res] 73:50:126
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 78:21:150
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -Def] 69:75:105

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Hey, it's me again. Recently developments have left me conflicted on what I want to do with a certain member of my endgame team. Nino and Matthew are in stone and I've decided I want to go ahead and make Lukas a Steady Breath physical tank of death. I don't think I'll regret it. Now I'm left with Chrom who I've been unsatisfied with, I don't know what I want his role to be at this point as I feel he's incomplete... so I've been looking into multiple ways to build him now that Sealed Falchion can potentially change how he's used as a unit, potentially he's not even a EP unit depending on how you build him. I'd like some advice on what to do with him, being as realistic as possible with only a few hypothetical builds. Gonna tag you guys again.

@Ice Dragon @LordFrigid @Hawk King @Hilda @Astellius @NegativeExponents- @mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria@Hilda

These builds use a +3 Chrom as a base cause that's what I have. The normal Falchion runs a +ATK/-RES build which is my actual nature while the Sealed Falchion is +SPD/-RES which is more or less optimal for him.

Falchion (Spectrum Bond)

Reveal hidden contents

qHsfuDi.pngX87FMLC.pngvjwczTz.png

Obviously standard Chrom is an EP unit 100%, since a Breath is out of the question right now, these are the strongest alternatives.

Left: Since I have a spare Fjorm, ATK/DEF Bond is a possibility and potentially one of Chrom's strongest A options due to the synergy with his weapon. With the Defense Seal he's reaching 44 DEF on enemy phase which is pretty great. If you want faster Aether procs he can run Heavy Blade in the seal slot as well or even Close DEF 3 if Lukas isn't being fielded. In the case of the team, if Nino is running the Rally+Spur DEF/RES Combo Chrom basically becomes red Lukas.

Middle: This gives Chrom a bit more independence as Fire Boost can proc in any phase if he wants to run up and get a OHKO. Renewal is built in to keep his HP high. The hones are there for Nino, but he's a prime candidate for skills like Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse for his team since we're already running skills dependent on his HP. Fire Boost is an attractive option because all it costs me is my spare LA!Eliwood who I don't plan on merging, and it's the friendliest skill to be swapped out in the future. All other A skill options are premium and are a potential sacrifice if Chrom ends up getting Steady or Warding Breath down the line.

Right: The old Distant Counter build as you expected. With this he shrugs off archers and green mages with most likely a KO in return. The issue here is that he lacks the mixed defenses and speed to deal with multiple threats, but with the DD3 seal + Spectrum Boost he's got a better chance of surviving with 42/24 mixed bulk, combined with his high HP he'll be fairly difficult to ORKO, but it's touch and go with red mages. Still it's a big investment and DC should be used on a unit you plan on using long term and Chrom is it. I'm not fully committed to it though.

Nevermind the fact that along with his bulk, Spectrum Falchion gives him Renewal which he can double up on to give him fantastic healer potential with Resp. Aid while still running QR in his seal slot. This build on the whole mostly regulates him to Dragon Slaying and 2nd string physical tank, but it still gives him a bit of a niche. He's less PvE friendly but as an Arena unit he definitely has his place.

Sealed Falchion

Reveal hidden contents

f7Afkkc.pngtn9lZtB.png

With the introduction of Sealed Falchion it's possible to completely change how Chrom is played. These are just a couple of prime examples of what he can become.

Left: With Sealed Falchion he gets a +5 boost to all stats but that's still not quite enough to make him a potent unit in the inital round of combat even with a +SPD nature. However, the SPD+3 seal his Speed gets bumped up to a respectable 33 which goes up to 37 on initiation with Swift Sparrow which isn't the greatest but once he takes damage it skyrockets to 42 on initiation without buffs which is perfect for Desperation. Drive skills would be his friend but essentially he turns into a player phase nuke after he takes a hit, except he does it better than Lyn. I've come into possession of a single Swift Sparrow 2 fodder, it should be used on a unit I plan on investing in, and this is a prime opportunity. With this build Chrom turns into a player phase unit with respectable physical bulk at 35 while boasting 43/42 offenses after taking damage without actually calculating his weapon's base 16 MT.

Right: Fury is a cheaper alternative but it's not to be looked down upon. With it his SPD and ATK go down just a bit but that's traded for an enemy phase performance increase, that and it boosts his DEF to 40 which makes him pretty hard to take down even at lower HP. 38 Speed un-boosted is decent enough and Heavy Blade can allow for more Aether procs with a respectable amount of doubling. Swordbreaker is an alternative as well. ATK Smoke or SPD Smoke are great options for A skills because Chrom can either take single digit damage from his opponents or double them more easily depending on the situation.

Here's the issue with Sealed Falchion however.

GaCFG3X.png

This is a thing. Everyone may not have Lucina, but everyone has access to Masked Marth and many can +5 her (which I can do fairly easy with my feather count right now.). For minimal investment with Fury/Desp her performance is immediately comparable (and arguably superior at even merges) to Chrom's after the weapon's buffs kick in and downright superior before they do. 41 Base SPD at her max merge level without cluttering her seal slot and Fury being a cheap alternative to SS2 while still giving her comparable DEF, ATK and HP to Chrom while boasting superior RES and SPD (Chrom wants +SPD if he runs Sealed Falchion, which means his ATK isn't eclipsing hers).

She can do virtually the same thing Chrom can with this build and arguably has an easier time getting here because of her superior SPD and she has more flexibility in her Seal slot because she doesn't need the SPD seal to reach her full potential. While Chrom has access to five more merges and I'll feel cooler using the build on him (as it's far more unique on a unit like him), it could potentially be more optimal allowing Chrom to run an EP set that caters more neatly to his spread while running the Sealed Falchion build on his daughter. It gives me two distinct and powerful Falchion users and it's 150 to 350 Dew cheaper.

Some Hypothetical builds as well.

Reveal hidden contents

1W34FIY.png7Qqv2wI.pngGvNkEcV.png

Left: My original desired build for Chrom. Steady Breath is more optimal, but for some reason I wanted Warding Breath. 24-28 RES still isn't anything special, yet I was drawn to it. I don't know that I'd give it to him if I had the fodder, but it would be tempting.

Middle: He takes a hit and becomes an armored unit that likely will proc Aether on his next round of combat. Enticing and entirely possible now that M!Kana is a thing. Something about this build doesn't seem compelling though, boring and not that great in practice somehow is where I feel.

Right: Everything dies on Odd Turns. That's pretty much it.

Alright, I'm open to some wisdom. Normal Falchion has it's benefits, but Sealed Falchion is incredibly appealing as is the idea of completely breaking out of Chrom's standard of being a (somewhat subpar) EP melee unit.

Ima stop you right there before you invest any further: Your Team compostion is kinda flawed. Lukas and Chrom share basicly the same spot, as in Enemy physical tank. Lukas does it better against all Physical threats but Chrom deals with pesky Red and Green Dragons and i guess your Nino can take care of Blue Dragons.
In my honest opinion i would Swap out Chrom for a +SPD/-DEF Shiida/Caeda with:
Refined weapon: Wing Sword
Iceberg
Distant Counter
Guard 3
Guidance
Close Defense.

Then Swap out Lukas for a Tanky Cavalier unit or Armored unit: Effy/Gweondolyn or Legendary Ephraim.

Then slap Res Tactics on Nino
Slap Attack Tactics and Def Tactic Seal on Blue Tank unit
Slap Speed Tactic on Mathew and Smoke Atk Seal on Mathew
----> your Nino just basicly got +24 atk and +6 spd from tactic buffs and higher mobility from Shiida/Caeda Guidance

Now for the roles:
Mathew debuffer and Tank for unfavourable match ups and for Bow/shuriken users, BLyn, Legendary Lyn you name it he will take them out and make Shiida/Caeda safe
Blue Tank unit deals with Ayra Zeligus and all physical threats.
Caeda/Shiida. Will Deal with all Dragons, sometimes struggling against Blue dragons but with her hi-RES she can even deal with those. Will deal with all kind of mages, ecxept Reinhardt and Blue Bladetome users. Will Deal with all Green and Red Armorers (givining Blue tank unit breathing time against offensiv Green Armor users, especial against M!Grima)
Nino: Nuke away everything, especially Reinhardt and Nowi with her Bladetome buffs of +24 Atk and +6 Spd

Thats what I would do.

You have Nino and Mathew as Infantery units. Tactic buffs are insane on those 2 and put them in a total different level. The same goes for Shiida.

I allways now opt to build teams around: 2 Infantry units 1 horse unit 1 flying unit. Its extremly flexible with the amount of movement/Guidance those offer. Going all out Infantry hurts you in that department a bit.

Obviously if you want to go with either Lukas or Chrom go for it, but i would swap one of those 2 out with Shiida or with someone that can deal with Armorers and Magical/Dragon users (as in Shiida/Caeda). You just loose access to Tactic buffs.

So I have a few 5* dupe units just sitting in my barracks waiting to be used as skill fodder, but right now I have no idea who to use them on. The units in question are Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Spring Catria and Legendary Robin. I was thinking of giving Reinhardt Chill Res but was wondering if it is worth giving up Lancebreaker for it. As for the others I don’t have a clue. I will most likely use Ike for Warding Breath and Robin for Res Smoke as Cancel Affinity can be found on Mathilda who appears at lower rarities, and Fjorm most likely for Atk/Def Bond as the skill is unique to her. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

7 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

So I have a few 5* dupe units just sitting in my barracks waiting to be used as skill fodder, but right now I have no idea who to use them on. The units in question are Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Spring Catria and Legendary Robin. I was thinking of giving Reinhardt Chill Res but was wondering if it is worth giving up Lancebreaker for it. As for the others I don’t have a clue. I will most likely use Ike for Warding Breath and Robin for Res Smoke as Cancel Affinity can be found on Mathilda who appears at lower rarities, and Fjorm most likely for Atk/Def Bond as the skill is unique to her. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

The legendary heroes who you have, are they the free ones you get or from a banner? I'll refrain from suggesting what to do with Ike and Fjorm just in case they're the free as well as your only copies

Legendary Robin's res smoke can be given to a DC dragon that doesn't have dark breath. If you have a dark breath dragon already in use then I'm unsure whether or not to fodder her

Chill Res is good against armor mages and Jakob. But if you're not using it for that as well as not being in the higher tiers then I'd avoid foddering her

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The legendary heroes who you have, are they the free ones you get or from a banner? I'll refrain from suggesting what to do with Ike and Fjorm just in case they're the free as well as your only copies

Legendary Robin's res smoke can be given to a DC dragon that doesn't have dark breath. If you have a dark breath dragon already in use then I'm unsure whether or not to fodder her

Chill Res is good against armor mages and Jakob. But if you're not using it for that as well as not being in the higher tiers then I'd avoid foddering her

I pulled these legendary heroes from legendary banners. I wouldn’t be consideing foddering any of these off if I didn’t have them already.

I have both Nowi and A!Tiki at 5* with refined Lightning Breath. So Res Smoke could go to one of them.

I don’t really go in Arena all that much. But as with the others, I have a Spring Catria already so I just wanted to see who I could give Chill Res to. Just for fun build ideas.

46 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I pulled these legendary heroes from legendary banners. I wouldn’t be consideing foddering any of these off if I didn’t have them already.

I have both Nowi and A!Tiki at 5* with refined Lightning Breath. So Res Smoke could go to one of them.

I don’t really go in Arena all that much. But as with the others, I have a Spring Catria already so I just wanted to see who I could give Chill Res to. Just for fun build ideas.

Warding Breath would go to either Nowi or Tiki (preferably Nowi because of higher BST), but I'd recommend also giving Aether to whomever gets Warding Breath. As for res smoke, whomever you're using most often for tanking with dragons.

Atk/Def Bond scores well, but there a better options for A slot skills especially for dragons. But here's an idea for building a dark breath dragon, maybe F!Corrin as she's quite fast. Give her Pavise and Shield Pulse. You can make a disgusting build with that combo

Edited by silveraura25