"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 minutes ago, Ginko said:

But die to BK or Zelgius Wo Dao+ Bold Fighter if he don't have Guard. 

Lol, nope. They do 0 damage without a special. 1 Bonfire on the first counter attack takes them out. If they somehow survive the first Bonfire, Even a Woa Doa+  Black luna won't kill him and the second Bonfire will do massive overkill damage.

Brave Ike might want to be -HP or -Res to avoid a potential quad attack from Alm.

Edited by Hawk King

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Ginko said:

So you are focused on his physical tank build.

I have one question. Am I correct that he can survive Alm's Falchion with this tank build?

Sorry for double post

Well, tbh I've never tried that match, as for swords I always try to use Fjorm/M!Marth (Swordbreaker). But next time I see him I'll try to answer ;)

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, tbh I've never tried that match, as for swords I always try to use Fjorm/M!Marth (Swordbreaker). But next time I see him I'll try to answer ;)

Did the calcs. B!ike is fine as long as he doesn't get quad attacked.

30 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Did the calcs. B!ike is fine as long as he doesn't get quad attacked.

Thx! Although mine has neutral speed, so I think he'd be quad attacked. But as I said, I have other buddies in the team to deal with swords. But it's always fine to now your units a bit better :D

Okay I have multiple copies of two characters, Brave Lucina and Bride Cordelia and I don't know which one I should use as a base and which one to merge

BLucina : +atk - spd

+spd - atk

+def - spd

+res - hp

Bridelia : +spd - atk 

+atk - hp

So, after one hundred years I FINALLY got two "not so woowww" Zelgius:

+HP/-DEF

and

+RES/-DEF

Are they useful? Which one should I keep? He will be one of my main unit so I would like to keep one and merge the other!

Thanks! :)

What is a good special to skill inherit to a Groom Marth that is going to be pretty much support/player phase only? 

Same question also applies to LA!Eliwood who is going to be used in the same manner.

Edited by Liliesgrace

3 hours ago, Vallens said:

+HP/-DEF

and

+RES/-DEF

Are they useful? Which one should I keep? He will be one of my main unit so I would like to keep one and merge the other!

Since you're stuck with -Def, might as well go with +HP.  Makes for better Panic Ploys.  I hope you can grab a +Spd/-Res one!

10 hours ago, Bleachya43vier said:

Okay I have multiple copies of two characters, Brave Lucina and Bride Cordelia and I don't know which one I should use as a base and which one to merge

BLucina : +atk - spd

+spd - atk

+def - spd

+res - hp

Bridelia : +spd - atk 

+atk - hp

I would go with [+Spd, -Atk] for BH!Lucina if you are using her on Player Phase.

BH!Lucina
Gierskogul, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Player Phase [+Spd, -Atk] 113:22:118
Player Phase [+Res, -HP] 88:30:135
Player Phase [+Atk, -Spd] 80:28:145
Player Phase [+Def, -Spd] 64:20:169

For BB!Cordelia, +Atk would be great with Brave Bow set, but Brave Bow starts to be less useful the higher you go in Arena and you may want to consider switching over to Firesweep Bow once you hit around ~700 or whenever you start to see a lot of dragons and Distant Counter units.

Brave Bow, Luna
Life and Death, Desperation
Attack +3

Firesweep Bow, Moonbow/Luna/Aether
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Poison Strike
Poison Strike

7 hours ago, Vallens said:

+HP/-DEF

and

+RES/-DEF

I agree with @eclipse and go with +HP, as that should help his melee combat more and do Panic Ploy. Even with +Res, I do not think it is a good idea to let him tank red nuclear mages.

4 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Same question also applies to LA!Eliwood who is going to be used in the same manner.

I think I answered BB!Marth in the other thread.

For LA!Eliwood, since he has access to Vengeful Fighter and Bold Fighter, you may want to try higher cooldown Specials like Ignis/Glacies with Vengeful Fighter or Bonfire/Iceberg with Bold Fighter. If he does not fight much, Aether, Galeforce, and area of effect Specials are fine too for points.

@Xenomata @Hawk King @Javi Blizz @mcsilas @mampfoid Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

I think I will just keep using the same B!Ike build to kill range units easily. But I will look for his new bane like -HP or -Res so he can still tank physical unit reliably too. In the mean time, my current B!Ike will do just fine.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...So what do I do with a Christmas Chrom?

Trade him for my Christmas Robin ?
I’d give Brazen Atk/Def to Lyn. Not that sure about Atk/Spd.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...So what do I do with a Christmas Chrom?

Trade him for my Christmas Robin ?
I’d give Brazen Atk/Def to Lyn. Not that sure about Atk/Spd.

This is probably a dumb question, but do blessings carry over when you merge units? I just pulled a new Sigurd that has a better boon/bane than my old one, but my old one has a Wind Blessing and it'd be a shame to waste it.

42 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

This is probably a dumb question, but do blessings carry over when you merge units? I just pulled a new Sigurd that has a better boon/bane than my old one, but my old one has a Wind Blessing and it'd be a shame to waste it.

Blessings do carry over. I replaced my old Sakura with a +Atk one a while ago, and she still carries the water blessing after merging.

-

On another note, I pulled a +Atk -Def Lilina on the new LG banner which I hear is pretty great. Any idea on good builds for her?

33 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Blessings do carry over. I replaced my old Sakura with a +Atk one a while ago, and she still carries the water blessing after merging.

Ah, goodie. Thanks for the quick answer. Looks like I have a Sigurd to merge.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

On another note, I pulled a +Atk -Def Lilina on the new LG banner which I hear is pretty great. Any idea on good builds for her?

Suspicious... I also got a +Atk -Def Lilina...

Anyways, nothing too complicated to suggest. Death Blow 3 since it offers the highest damage on first round of combat on player phase, some B skill to grant Lilina an advantage, I run Bowbreaker but I suspect I'll need to replace it soon, a C skill, Res ploy if you wanna get as many units down on their Res as possible, Odd Atk Wave to really bring the pain, or anything works, Atk +3 SS or Res Ploy SS to round it all out. Glimmer or Moonbow for Special, positioning skill, and of course Special Skill Refined Forblaze.

Edited by Xenomata

49 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Suspicious... I also got a +Atk -Def Lilina...

Anyways, nothing too complicated to suggest. Death Blow 3 since it offers the highest damage on first round of combat on player phase, some B skill to grant Lilina an advantage, I run Bowbreaker but I suspect I'll need to replace it soon, a C skill, Res ploy if you wanna get as many units down on their Res as possible, Odd Atk Wave to really bring the pain, or anything works, Atk +3 SS or Res Ploy SS to round it all out. Glimmer or Moonbow for Special, positioning skill, and of course Special Skill Refined Forblaze.

Ah thanks. (So suspicious..)

For B Skills I am thinking R Tomebreaker could be good. That or Swordbreaker, but I still haven't pulled an Abel in all my time playing.

Some springautumn barracks cleaning so some questions:

1) Just pulled a +Spd -Def Gunnthra. My existing one is +Atk -Def. Thinking Atk is better but would appreciate some thoughts.

2) I've had a terrible +Res -Def Nephenee lying around for months. I use my first +Atk -Spd one. Having never pulled a regular Lyn, is there anyone even remotely as good at her at using Wrath? If no one stands out, I'll probably just hold onto her until I do get Lyn.

3) 3-star Camilla +Atk -Res seems decent, but since her Prf axe was added, it seems that Spd has become the better boon for her? I have Cherche doing Brave Axe+ duty already so another Brave isn't required.

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Some springautumn barracks cleaning so some questions:

1) Just pulled a +Spd -Def Gunnthra. My existing one is +Atk -Def. Thinking Atk is better but would appreciate some thoughts.

2) I've had a terrible +Res -Def Nephenee lying around for months. I use my first +Atk -Spd one. Having never pulled a regular Lyn, is there anyone even remotely as good at her at using Wrath? If no one stands out, I'll probably just hold onto her until I do get Lyn.

3) 3-star Camilla +Atk -Res seems decent, but since her Prf axe was added, it seems that Spd has become the better boon for her? I have Cherche doing Brave Axe+ duty already so another Brave isn't required.

1) Gunnthra is, quite frankly, not quite as slow as she seems on paper, thanks to Chilling Seal. 36 Speed is decent as is, and the -6 penalty on her targets hurts all the more, especially on Cavalry. Plus, if you decide to change over to Gronnblade, that'll be all the more speed for her to take advantage of.

...that's my 2 cents... why did I have to get freaking plus Def minus Atk on my Gunnthra... and why do plus and minus signs NOT WORK AS WELL WITH STRIKETHROUGH.

2) Anyone who uses any of the Special Damage +10 weapons or Slaying weaponry (and Personal Weapon variants of either) will be good with Wrath. I've given the skill to my Selena and Joshua, and while they aren't commonly used, they are still seriously underestimated (by me) bruisers once they hit that threshold.

LA!Hector is another one. Keep his default Glimmer or give him Moonbow, and let him take a decently strong hit, and he will trigger a special that has +20 Special Damage in addition to what it adds by default, PLUS his high attack. I already get a number of kills with just Berserk Armads triggered, I can only imagine what would happen afterwards.

3) I personally feal +Spd is better overall, since her Attack stat just doesn't feel worth trying to stack up, and her default Speed, even with +Spd, already feels underwhelming to begin with.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Currently, +Atk is better since Gunnthrá does not have access to Desperation on the Sacred Seal slot, so she is better off killing things in one hit.

Once they release Desperation as a Sacred Seal, +Spd is superior as Gunnthrá would have better sustainability and she can better fight non debuffed enemies too.

[+Res, -Def] is serviceable, as her Atk and Spd are both intact. If you still want to get rid of her, LA!Hector as @Xenomata suggested or any Enemy Phase unit with Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot would be nice. For Player Phase units, you can probably try Wrath on slow Brave units running Moonbow.

You may also want to consider giving Atk/Spd 2 to an offensive staff healer like Elise if you plan to use them like Firesweep archers.

Yeah, +Spd is generally better for doubling.

@Xenomata@XRay

Thanks for the advice. Might just leave the Gunnthra alone for now, a merge isn't going to do much since she's not doing me any favours for arena scoring either way.

I don't have a Vector and while I do have a neutral Hector, I may be phasing him out soon for M Grima instead (since I need to take Amelia for Armor March). Actually Amelia herself might be a decent option come to think of it. Will probably sit on the decision a while, as the only special-oriented unit I regularly use is Michalis, who isn't eligible for Wrath. Mia is an option I guess but I don't use her much. Comes back to the reason I haven't done anything with this Nephenee in general - I just don't really use infantry. Might have to bet on regular Lyn being demoted eventually.

For Camilla, I guess I'll hold for now, although what might happen is that I 5-star this +attack one then eventually merge her down into a 4* project, once I get a +speed one to use as a base. What happens with my feathers in the medium term might depend on how good Fog Breath is anyway.

So with my luck as a F2P player, saving orbs, and with pulling only blue, I've some how ended up with 5 copies of Hardin (and here I just wanted more Christmas Robins because he was one of my 1st 5* when I started playing). So here's the question, I know bold fighter is good fodder, but should I make a +4 Hardin? And if so, which one should I use, and what skills should I put on him?

The best 2 I have are +atk -hp and +atk -spd

The skills I have that I'm considering putting on him are Warding Breath (no Steady Breath, I've never gotten a B!ike) and maybe Aether because of the Breath and bold fighter combo.

If it helps to know, I usually run an mostly armor emblem team with +1 Zelgius (summoner supported +atk -hp), winter Robin (-spd +hp, I mostly just use him for armor march), M!Grima (+spd -atk D:) and Genny with pain and dual Savage Blows

Any tips are appreciated, thanks!