"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Yayyy! Pulled a S!Tana with +HP/-Def, my first flying mage. I'm not sure to keep her default Atk/Spd Push with Renewal or change it to Fury or LnD to free her B slot. I gave her a Blade tome already and damnnn she hit so hard only high HP or high Res blue can survive.

Which A skill suit her better?

Edited by Ginko

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I think it's hard to justify the enemy phase build when Camus is free. (As are Finn, Berkut and Clive)

I'd go with the cheaper first option of keeping her weapon I think. Getting a good Oscar shouldn't be too hard and the Firesweep investment would be better value on him probably, lose one speed but easily merged to compensate and a fair bit more atk.

I've never pulled an Oscar though, but I agree that investing too much into suboptimal units only really makes sense for faves, which Cordelia isn't to me. Going with the cheapish option then.

23 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Which A skill suit her better?

If you want to go the Desperation route, then LnD3, Swift Sparrow and Fury are better than her vanilla A skill. Of those three it depends if you want to conserve some of her bulk (Fury) for inital tanking, go the middle route (Swift Sparrow) or go full offense (Life and Death). 

I was able to pull SA!Tana and I want to brainstorm a future Tactics team that includes her as I don't like to use 5* exclusive units for SI. The units are SA!Tana,  LH!Ephraim, PA!Azura, and BB!Cordelia. Spd Tactic on Ephraim, Def Tactic on Tana, Atk Tactic on Azura, Res Tactic on Cordelia is the current forecast for them. I'd like a second opinion on this distribution.      

9 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I was able to pull SA!Tana and I want to brainstorm a future Tactics team that includes her as I don't like to use 5* exclusive units for SI. The units are SA!Tana,  LH!Ephraim, PA!Azura, and BB!Cordelia. Spd Tactic on Ephraim, Def Tactic on Tana, Atk Tactic on Azura, Res Tactic on Cordelia is the current forecast for them. I'd like a second opinion on this distribution.      

Sounds very good in my opinion, you'd distribute each tactic to the unit that needs its buff least. Your plan still needs a 5* sacrifice for SPD tactic though. 

As an alternative, you could give both RES and DEF tactic to PA Azura and have Cordelia or Tana carry a smoke- or drive skill instead. 

One thing you should consider is this: you are going to give Ephraim the most important and also most expensive tactic skill, while he wants to work alone to proc the follow-up attack of his weapon. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sounds very good in my opinion, you'd distribute each tactic to the unit that needs its buff least. Your plan still needs a 5* sacrifice for SPD tactic though. 

I'm a patient person, I can wait until they release the remaining skills as seals or start putting them into the 4* pool.

As an alternative, you could give both RES and DEF tactic to PA Azura and have Cordelia or Tana carry a smoke- or drive skill instead.  

Def and Res Tactic on Azura sounds pretty good. Luckily Azura is the most flexible one since she doesn't see much combat but in an ideal situation, I would like her to have Spd Tactic since even Ephraim can use the speed to avoid follow up attacks. 

One thing you should consider is this: you are going to give Ephraim the most important and also most expensive tactic skill, while he wants to work alone to proc the follow-up attack of his weapon.

Thanks for bringing it up. I haven't used him in a while so I forgot that his play style leans more towards a solo mission. In that regard, I think Spd Smoke would be a great back up skill for speed control. Ugh, too many good skills are locked behind 5* units.   

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

If you want to go the Desperation route, then LnD3, Swift Sparrow and Fury are better than her vanilla A skill. Of those three it depends if you want to conserve some of her bulk (Fury) for inital tanking, go the middle route (Swift Sparrow) or go full offense (Life and Death). 

Maybe I will stick with default kit for now and experiment with her until she can pleasure me in some way. I want to give her the middle route but no Swift Sparrow fodder come to me for several months.

Since I managed a Jaffar with a bad nature earlier, I wanna ask: Do 5* units with still somewhat rare skills, such as LnD3, still act as good fodder for the mentioned skill?

I have another, slightly more ideal Jaffar now, and I still have a 4* Sothe, so if not I'll just merge this crummy Jaffar into the more ideal Jaffar.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Do 5* units with still somewhat rare skills, such as LnD3, still act as good fodder for the mentioned skill?

If there's absolutely nothing better for you to do with that Jaffar, then yes. Life and Death 3 is Life and Death 3 regardless of who it came from.

It mostly depends on how often you pull, though. If you pull often enough to expect to get a decent number of copies of Sothe, then Jaffar is more worth a merge, but if you don't pull often enough, Life and Death 3 is probably more worth it.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Since I managed a Jaffar with a bad nature earlier, I wanna ask: Do 5* units with still somewhat rare skills, such as LnD3, still act as good fodder for the mentioned skill?

I have another, slightly more ideal Jaffar now, and I still have a 4* Sothe, so if not I'll just merge this crummy Jaffar into the more ideal Jaffar.

Personally I would probably keep the extra unmerged and sitting around as possible fodder, though I would obviously use him last. Any 4* Sothes would get eaten first. UNLESS you really like Jaffar. Or as Ice Dragon pointed out pull enough to expect a decent number of Sothe's.

30 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

What weapon should I give to my +res/-hp Summer Innes for a Fury + Desperation Build? Should I go Slaying Axe or his vanilla weapon?

Stat boosting Weapons are generally better than Slaying Weapons in my opinion.

Unless you are swimming in resources I generally would not give units two offensive Weapons. Beach Banner is an offensive Weapon, so giving Innes Slaying Axe is not going to improve his combat much, if at all. It is more resource efficient to give that Slaying Axe to another nuke who does not have an offensive Weapon, like Legion or Frederick.

For first round performance, stat boosts are generally more important than Special activation. The only units that I tested in the calculator so far that prefers Slaying over stat boosting Weapons are super bulky and slow units that do not have access to Breaths and/or Vengeful Fighter, so they need Slaying Weapons to activate Ignis.

Pulled a +Spd / -Atk Innes I have no idea how to build. The speed is wonderful but the -Atk (30 atk) makes me pause. I thought about the usual Fury + Desperation build, but -Atk makes it seem like a waste. Thoughts on any other builds that could work for him and his Atk hit? 

14 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

Pulled a +Spd / -Atk Innes I have no idea how to build. The speed is wonderful but the -Atk (30 atk) makes me pause. I thought about the usual Fury + Desperation build, but -Atk makes it seem like a waste. Thoughts on any other builds that could work for him and his Atk hit? 

If you want to build him cheaply, Triangle Adept 2 and Lancebreaker 2 are fine to let him specialize against blues.

If you still want to use him as a generalist nuke, Fury-Desperation is the cheapest way to go in my opinion. You can also try Darting Blow, but that does not really help his low Atk.

Edited by XRay

@Ice Dragon @Usana Makes sense.

I'm not absolutely desperate to build Jaffar, since that requires me to dedicate an entire Divine Dew refine to him, but I'm also in a situation where I've not gotten a lot of good fodder lately... I guess I'll just sit on crummy Jaffar and see what happens.

To Usana's liking Jaffar comment... I used to use him in my early days, until I realized his nature was kinda very bad, so I eventually foddered him off. Then every Jaffar I gotten since was foddered for LnD3. Was a much easier time, before Deathly Dagger got a refine... and these are the first Jaffars I've gotten in months...

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you want to build him cheaply, Triangle Adept 2 and Lancebreaker 2 are fine to let him specialize against blues.

If you still want to use him as a generalist nuke, Fury-Desperation is the cheapest way to go in my opinion. You can also try Darting Blow, but that does not really help his low Atk.

First off, thanks for the reply! Secondly, based on your previous post about his weapon choices, what stat would you recommend refining for in my case?

Would more speed be an overkill? More defense perhaps to give him bulk? Or just the MT increase to help patch up the atk?

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Huh, that's a large oversight. The skill is a large double edge sword. Is it supposed to be intentional?

In no language does the skill effect indicate it should affect anything other than allies.

3 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

First off, thanks for the reply! Secondly, based on your previous post about his weapon choices, what stat would you recommend refining for in my case?

Would more speed be an overkill? More defense perhaps to give him bulk? Or just the MT increase to help patch up the atk?

If you are going for a nuking build, Spd Refinement is generally the best. 

Does +RES/-ATK Summer Tana have enough RES (29) to run Ploy skills? I feel like she could maybe get something out of running SPD and/or RES Ploy, but I want to know whether she'll be able to Ploy people somewhat reliably before I throw Saias her way.
Also, does Fortify Fliers get applied before the game checks whether Ploy debuffs should be applied?

17 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Does +RES/-ATK Summer Tana have enough RES (29) to run Ploy skills? I feel like she could maybe get something out of running SPD and/or RES Ploy, but I want to know whether she'll be able to Ploy people somewhat reliably before I throw Saias her way.
Also, does Fortify Fliers get applied before the game checks whether Ploy debuffs should be applied?

With Fury 3 she hits 32 res, which is... decent?

The benchmark I'll give as an example is Est, who is a stronger Brave Lance flier than Cordelia or Hinoka because her Res is at 32 at 5* Lv 40, meaning she can trigger Def Ploy on more targets than the other two.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

The median Res for a neutral +0 unit is 24 or 25. Personally, 28 Res (at +0) is the point where I would consider Ploy skills sufficiently viable. However, if you're going to be using Skill Inheritance instead of a Sacred Seal, I'd consider other units with higher Res stats first if you're this close to the cut-off.

Stat comparisons occur after buffs expire and before new buffs are applied.

@Ice Dragon @Xenomata Thank you for the advice! I guess I can save my spare Saias for now, then.

I think I'll just toss Moonbow and Goad Fliers onto Tana from one of my spare Pallas and keep the rest of her default kit. Seems like she'll be pretty alright that way. Maybe I'll toss the RES Ploy Seal onto her too, I dunno.

And thanks for letting me know that field buffs don't affect Ploys!