"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Refreshing Bow synergize with Atk/Push and Renewal. Do you have any candidate who will enjoy all stat +2? It can be use for both baiting or initiating the battle.

Not that I see just among my 5* Bows, or even my favorited 4* bows... Rebecca +Spd -? HNY!Corrin? Takumi? Faye?

Eugh... this is a much harder decision than it needs to be...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Xenomata Now that you mentioned Takumi, he can use the benefit of his native Close Counter with Vantage after the recoil damage from Refreshing Bow. Those all 2 stat can help him survive more when baiting.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Xenomata Now that you mentioned Takumi, he can use the benefit of his native Close Counter with Vantage after the recoil damage from Refreshing Bow. Those all 2 stat can help him survive more when baiting.

Good point...

Well I'll have to get Gaius's Lv40 convo first, but then it's straight to the grinder for him. I'll worry about refining it for Takumi later, since I have higher priorities in that regard.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

@Xenomata Gaius' ATK bane shouldn't matter much during TTs where he will receive boosted stats. This way you would collect at least some HM before foddering him off. 

Nah he's long been coleslaw for Takumi.

I don't particularly care about HM either. Never have, don't see myself caring even til the day FEH receives its last update. I'd probably have cared more if I didn't have Summer Takumi, but... well, I do, so...

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Nah he's long been coleslaw for Takumi.

I don't particularly care about HM either. Never have, don't see myself caring even til the day FEH receives its last update. I'd probably have cared more if I didn't have Summer Takumi, but... well, I do, so...

For me TTs are always an occasion to play units that where benched most of the times but get their chance once being a bonus unit. 

The last time a lot of Fliers were bonus (NY TTs), my main team became boring very fast because of their sheer OPness. Therefore I usually build a second team with less strong units like Gaius, Donnel etc. 

Has anyone actually tried the Sealed Falchion + Brazen Atk/Spd combo on Masked Lucina? How is it?

It seems fun on paper, even if it requires some setup to get in the right HP range. But I'm wondering if it's actually any good in practice, before I potentially spend 20k feathers on a Linus to try it. It feels like one of those meme sets that's just crazy enough to work.. or not.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Has anyone actually tried the Sealed Falchion + Brazen Atk/Spd combo on Masked Lucina? How is it?

It seems fun on paper, even if it requires some setup to get in the right HP range. But I'm wondering if it's actually any good in practice, before I potentially spend 20k feathers on a Linus to try it. It feels like one of those meme sets that's just crazy enough to work.. or not.

I’ve just promoted my own Linus for my own Martha (disregard the C and the S):
Screenshot_2018-07-12-04-43-55.png

But I haven’t used her yet. Desperation would have been a better thing to put as her B but I’m out of Shannas. I was using a similar set-up with Merric last tempest (Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, effect-forged Excalibur, Moonbow), and he wrecked quite a lot of faces while the +5/+5 were in effect. I’d guess Sealed Falchion’s +4/+4/+4/+4 would work even better because they don’t require a specific unit nearby.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve just promoted my own Linus for my own Martha (disregard the C and the S):

But I haven’t used her yet. Desperation would have been a better thing to put as her B but I’m out of Shannas. I was using a similar set-up with Merric last tempest (Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, effect-forged Excalibur, Moonbow), and he wrecked quite a lot of faces while the +5/+5 were in effect. I’d guess Sealed Falchion’s +4/+4/+4/+4 would work even better because they don’t require a specific unit nearby.

Yeah, that with Desperation is what I was thinking of. At least from what I can gather using the battle sim, she'd punch through a ton of units with everything active, but I'm just unsure how viable getting her to take a hit before going on her killing spree will be. She has reasonable bulk to take a single hit from most +10 red/green things, so I was imagining her tanking a Myrrh, Tiki, etc. and then going nuts. I guess Fury is a safer choice since she can one shot a dragon on player phase and Fury still drops her in Sealed range, but the big number payoff isn't as crazy like Brazen.

Have two flying Morgans: one is +atk -res, and the other one is +spd -hp. I'm not sure which one to use. Also, not sure if it is worth merging them, or if I should use one or more for skill inheritance? The blue tome, mirror stance, and ploy skills are all very good. I think Lyn could use the tome well (+def -atk), and I was thinking about putting mirror stance on Dorcas. He would lose two attack from his default stance skill, but gain 4 resistance. He is +3 (+atk -spd). I have a flying Ninian that is +atk -res, so I don't really need flying Morgan, but she is useful sometimes.

Also, was wondering what would be the best special skill for Dorcas?

32 minutes ago, Tree said:

Have two flying Morgans: one is +atk -res, and the other one is +spd -hp. I'm not sure which one to use. Also, not sure if it is worth merging them, or if I should use one or more for skill inheritance? The blue tome, mirror stance, and ploy skills are all very good. I think Lyn could use the tome well (+def -atk), and I was thinking about putting mirror stance on Dorcas. He would lose two attack from his default stance skill, but gain 4 resistance. He is +3 (+atk -spd). I have a flying Ninian that is +atk -res, so I don't really need flying Morgan, but she is useful sometimes.

Also, was wondering what would be the best special skill for Dorcas?

Depends on your play style. I primarily use ranged Player Phase units, so I would merge F!Morgan, using +Spd as the base. BB!Ninian is nice, but I always prefer having more ranged units for Arena Assault, not less.

If you prefer Distant Counter units instead, I would sack the +Atk one and give Dorcas Mirror Stance. I would go with Bonfire or Luna for his Special, whichever gets him more kills in the calculator. I think it is Bonfire, but I would double check just in case.

For LA!Lyn, if you are using her in a Ward Armor team, Blárowl is better in my opinion since they tend to stick together. I would give Blárserpent to a unit with more mobility, like F!Morgan herself or Oliver.

Hey guys.

I have a 4* +10 Olivia that I use sometimes on the Arena. 
Is it worth to upgrade her to 5* after I save some extra copies to give her some more merges at 5*? I know that 4* +10 equals 5* +5 in stats, so she'll be weaker at first. 

The downside is that I have some units I'm working on, like Cordelia, Caeda, Camilla and Nowi and that would make the progress slower on them. Of those, the only I use more often in arena is Nowi. The other 3 just when they happen to be bonus units.

40 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys.

Is it worth to upgrade her to 5* after I save some extra copies to give her some more merges at 5*? I know that 4* +10 equals 5* +5 in stats, so she'll be weaker at first. 

The downside is that I have some units I'm working on, like Cordelia, Caeda, Camilla and Nowi and that would make the progress slower on them. Of those, the only I use more often in arena is Nowi. The other 3 just when they happen to be bonus units.

I've got the same problem, and she's been 4*+10 for as long as I remember. I hardly use her these days so I hardly feel the need to 5* her, but if you really use her a lot and enjoy it, saving 10 more copies and using 220k feathers may be worth it for you.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

She's the only dancer I can realistically +10 and I like using dancers. That's where the itch to 5* her is coming from.

I made mine 5*+10, and every little bit of scoring you can crank out of her certainly helps you stay in Tier 20.

7 hours ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys.

I would say to max out Nowi first, then start merging a brand new 5* Olivia separately, don't promote your old one yet. Once she gets to 5*+4 (you can leave her at level 1), promote the old 4*+10 copy and merge. This way, you can keep using the stronger one, so she'll never be "weaker at first".

Alternatively, make a third core arena member first and have Olivia be the third you build. This would be better for your arena score during the process. i.e. Nowi + ??? + Olivia + bonus unit, if you build the ??? before Olivia, you get the power spike sooner.

Edited by Humanoid

So about sketchy summer banner , as I will max merge my kinshi takumi, I also got a +hp -def summer  baby tiki, how should I build her? and how should I build my kinshi takumi ? which should be used as the merge base, the +spd one or the +atk one? as for the summer lindes I got in the way of max-merging my kinshi takumi, which I should use, the neutral one or the +hp -def one? 

Hate to be a bore, but it's that Wrath Question again. I've considered various recommended options like Mia, Lancina, various flavours of Ike, but they all have a shared weakness, in that they're all very hard to merge. So going back and looking at which easily available units fit the bill, and I'm starting to think Marthed Mask might be my best bet (the likes of Raven, Athena and Donnel were considered but the former I've never gotten a decent copy of, and the latter have nothing particularly special about them save their stats).

So then, if I do go ahead with this option, what else should I give her? She's only ever been a TT medic thus far so her current kit is a very impressive HP+5, Renewal 2, Luna and Reciprocal Aid.

1) Refined Falchion or Sealed Falchion? Refined Falchion adds a bit of a buffer to safely get down to Wrath range, but Sealed Falchion then kicks in and frees her of any positioning restrictions. Is the Renewal effect on the regular Falchion helpful, or harmful in practice?

2) I don't really have any premium A-skills to give her, even Fury is in short supply and Steady Breath is unfortunately not an option. Don't have any spare Bond skills either, though I suppose I can sacrifice my one and only Linus for Brazen, but only if it's hugely better than my second best option (I skipped Hard and Lunatic because of barracks space). Oh right, I actually do have a spare Hector too... So Fury/Close Def/Brazen/DC?

3) Without Steady Breath, is Aether off the table? Just Moonbow as a poor man's Regnal Astra then? Or just stick with Luna? Does the soon-to-be-added Flashing Blade seal change this?

P.S. Also happy to be convinced that an alternate unit such as Fir would be better with a similar build.

P.P.S. At the moment I'm also thinking she'd be put into a mixed type Tactics team alongside Horse Ephraim, Lilina and... someone else I haven't decided yet. Maybe Cecilia or Cherche. Shame Camilla's Axe doesn't affect infantry.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hate to be a bore, but it's that Wrath Question again. I've considered various recommended options like Mia, Lancina, various flavours of Ike, but they all have a shared weakness, in that they're all very hard to merge.

P.S. Also happy to be convinced that an alternate unit such as Fir would be better with a similar build.

Fir was literally the first character I thought of when you mentioned difficulty merging.

1) Refined Falchion or Sealed Falchion? Refined Falchion adds a bit of a buffer to safely get down to Wrath range, but Sealed Falchion then kicks in and frees her of any positioning restrictions. Is the Renewal effect on the regular Falchion helpful, or harmful in practice?

Wrath is the only skill that performs its HP check at the time of attack instead of at the beginning of combat, which means Renewal isn't a detriment so long as the opponent can do enough damage to activate it again.

The HP check on Wrath's Special charge at the beginning of the turn should occur before Renewal's healing effect, assuming it behaves like every other stat check in the game.

3) Without Steady Breath, is Aether off the table? Just Moonbow as a poor man's Regnal Astra then? Or just stick with Luna? Does the soon-to-be-added Flashing Blade seal change this?

The point of a Wrath build is to activate your Special on every round of combat, typically on the first hit of every round of combat to aim for a one-hit kill because you can't run Desperation with it.

Marthed Mask has Falchion, which mitigates the lack of Desperation and somewhat makes up for the lack of Slaying Edge's effect by using the opponent's counterattack to charge your Special.

That said, you still want to activate your Special on the first round of combat, and that means you either run Moonbow or you run Luna (or Sol) with some form of Special charge acceleration (Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Quickened Pulse).

Aether is off the table completely for two reasons:

1. It heals you, which prevents Wrath from charging your Special at the beginning of the next turn.
  2. Aether is damned hard to activate on every round of combat.

For the second, your options are

1. Have 1 point of cooldown already charged, receive an attack with Steady/Warding Breath, and double the opponent.
    1. 1 point of cooldown already charged is unreliable because you presumably just activated Aether on the last round of combat and healed some health.
    2. The only way to reliably double the opponent is with Quick Riposte, which also means you can't use Quickened Pulse for the cooldown.
  2. Have 1 point of cooldown already charged, receive an attack with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade, double the opponent, and get doubled by the opponent.
    1. Same issue with the cooldown.
    2. Quick Riposte in the Sacred Seal slot means Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade needs to be in the A slot, which I personally find to be a horrible idea.
    3. And don't get me started on the fact that Mask needs to be doubled.
  3. Receive an attack with Steady/Warding Breath, double the opponent, and get doubled by the opponent.
    1. Yeah, about that getting doubled part.

and all of those options are hard to pull of due to the conflicting requirements of Quick Riposte and Wrath and the healing from Aether (Renewal's healing activating after Wrath's Special charge is actually the key to getting this to work at all, which is all sorts of absurd), as well as the blatant waste of skill slots simply to pull this off (considering Aether deals the exact same amount of damage as Luna).

Don't use Aether with Wrath unless you have a means of just sitting there at low health for 4-5 turns to charge it up on Wrath's turn-start charge alone.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

even Fury is in short supply

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point of a Wrath build is to activate your Special on every round of combat, typically on the first hit of every round of combat to aim for a one-hit kill because you can't run Desperation with it.

While I know Fury is in short supply, not running a decent A skill to combo with Wrath just feels like a waste of Wrath.

Would Brave-Moonbow-Fury-Wrath be a decent combo? You are sacrificing first (and maybe second) round performance for better second (or third) round performance and beyond, depending on the HP of the unit so it might be too slow to set up. It is not as good as the classic Brave-Moonbow-Death Blow-Heavy Blade in my opinion, but you get to save Heavy Blade Sacred Seal for another unit.

@Ice Dragon Thanks, sounds like I should just keep it simple - refined Falchion for first round performance and sustain (and occasional medic utility) and stick with her existing Luna unless I decide someone else wants the Flashing Blade seal full time. I'll probably decide the A-slot last after trying her out a little, since at this point I'm not sure whether I'll be using her more player phase or enemy phase.

While Fir has the advantage of being able to go up to +10, it's a lot more feathers since all 11 copies will need promotion, as compared to just half of the Marths. I get that Wrath without the Slaying effect can be a bit awkward, but I do have a Karla so Marth would at least fulfil a different role. Karla is unfortunately -spd but hopefully one day I can fix that and she'd fundamentally function the same as Fir. I actually completely forgot about the Karla when I was writing the question, so on reflection Raven might be the better backup option.

@XRay Yeah, I do want a good A skill of course, and it may end up being Fury. As above, I'll try to get a feel for how it plays a little before a making a decision, because the last thing I want to do is give her something like Fury and then end up replacing it down the line. But thinking about it since my last post, the other options I floated all do have their limitations - her bulk is a little low for DC, Brazen activation might be flaky with Renewal, and Close Def makes her inflexible - so yeah, none are convincing yet, especially for how rare they are.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i put my + 10 summer takumi into my flier emblem team , but why the arena score DECREASE instead? it dropped into 330 from 660, and he's fully built

New summer units aren't bonus units until next arena season.

I recently pulled two Sonyas, and with most of my other projects finished I think it's time to build one. 

One is +Atk -Res, which sounds great, but I wanted to use ploys with her and 29 Res is a bit shaky for that. 

The other is +HP -Def, which would have the ideal bane, except she'll be dishing out much less damage than she could. 

If I am going with the first one, what would be the best alternative to a ploy based build? Also, what to do with the other? Mirror Strike isn't exactly in high demand (plus there's Oliver) and res ploy can just be used as a seal. Just merge her then?

Edited by Nanima