"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, the only units who can competently use Vantage are those who can deal at least 75+ damage reliably in a single hit (or 83+ damage against 5*+10 units), as a lot of units have at least that level of bulk. Units like Tana and Ryoma simply do not make the cut.

Units with 75+ Atk include Blade mages with 6/6/6/6 buffs and units with Wrath on their Weapons who can charge their Special without combat (LA!Hector and Ares).

Also Meisterschwert, which will always hit twice before the opponent's first attack.

@Simpsons138

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to do a quick and simple budget Shanna build - Darting Blow on top of her base kit, with refinement, no plans for merges. I suppose I could swing a Moonbow for special activations once Desperation is active.

Anyway, question is: since there's no attack coming from her A-slot, is +Atk -Def worth considering over +Spd -HP? I figure Darting Blow and Atk boon has the same stats on initiation as Fury with Spd boon.

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Does Phantom Speed work for enemy skills? Like, can you use it to negate an enemy's wind speed by acting as if you're 10 speed higher?

Yes, it does, and yes, you can.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

What happens if I merge my +Spd/-HP (I think it was) Morgana into my new +Res/-Spd one in terms of the former's Wind Blessing?

Blessings carry over. You can always check by tap-holding on the "after" icon on the merge confirmation screen.

Why is it that the data for 5 star exclusives shows that some of their skills can be unlocked at 4 star rarity? Like Katarina's Atk Ploy 3 at 4 star rarity

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Why is it that the data for 5 star exclusives shows that some of their skills can be unlocked at 4 star rarity? Like Katarina's Atk Ploy 3 at 4 star rarity

Probably just easier for the devs to define it that way in the first place, makes a theoretical demotion in future easier to implement. Data like that was needed when, for example, we were given a free 3* Catria back when she was only summonable at 4-5*.

What units use the Flashing Blade seal well? I thought it would be good on my +Spd Nephenee or Lyn (both have Wrath) but when running it through a match calculator, they both had less wins when compared to the +3 attack seal. I suppose I could give it to Raven instead of Heavy Blade but... I really thought it would work well on low attack speedsters.

22 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

What units use the Flashing Blade seal well? I thought it would be good on my +Spd Nephenee or Lyn (both have Wrath) but when running it through a match calculator, they both had less wins when compared to the +3 attack seal. I suppose I could give it to Raven instead of Heavy Blade but... I really thought it would work well on low attack speedsters.

Nephenee with her default Moonbow only needs one hit to charge it on the first turn, and with Wrath active never needs to charge it, so Flashing Blade would do literally nothing on her. With Lyn, it means you can run a 3 cooldown special like Luna instead, and it'll proc on the second hit.

So the Nowi that I currently use in my arena team (Tier 19-20 swing), is about to get her last merge.

The one I use for the basis atm is 5* +Spd/-Hp. The main issue is, that I recently picked up a 4* +Def/-Hp copy of her as well.

Which is the stronger to use?

1. +Spd/-Hp
  2. +Def/-Hp? 

Kit:

Lightning Breath+ (Spd)

Rally Def/Res

Aether

Steady Breath

Guard 3

Panic Ploy 3

Seal - Quick Riposte 3

So I pulled a +Atk/-Def Clair and am planning to build her up with the Rhomphaia Flashing Blade effect. Questions is, what special is the best one to use to utilise it with the FB effect? Glimmer, Moonbow, Iceberg or Glacies?

If it helps, she's mainly going to be a AA unit. As for the B skill, I was thinking of having Guard but Desperation could be an option if I inherit it with Iceberg from Shanna.

------

Also, who wants a Brave Axe+ these days? I have a spare Camilla that I won't be using now (will promote a +Spd one), so I can fodder off her weapon to someone. Frederick and Cherche already have a Brave Axe+, so who else wants it? I feel that as units are bulkier, less units want the Brave Axe but looking through my barracks, the possible options are:

- +Atk/-Res Amelia. Currently Slaying Axe with Spd refine. Was going to give her Brave Axe ages ago, so I have her LaD but that didn't happen since I kind of like her humongous boost in Spd.

- +Atk/-HP Winter Lissa. I've been a bit too used to Handbell, although Brave Axe+ could be fun with Bold Fighter. Is it worth it with the bulkier units in today's metagame though?

- +Def/-Spd Summer Tiki. Although I kind of like her Melon Crusher. Plus she's mainly a training unit plus AA unit.

- a distant fourth is Gerome. I kind of feel like just having Poleaxe on him for Arena Assault and his mom is already the flying Brave Axe unit so I'd rather choose someone else.

- maybe...Legion? But I barely use him since I have upgraded Raven and Linus, so not sure it's worth it.

- Other units that  may want it but I barely use or are 4 star - Bartre, Gunther, Hawkeye

- Save it if I get Winter Chrom/Summer Innes?

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So I pulled a +Atk/-Def Clair and am planning to build her up with the Rhomphaia Flashing Blade effect. Questions is, what special is the best one to use to utilise it with the FB effect? Glimmer, Moonbow, Iceberg or Glacies?

If it helps, she's mainly going to be a AA unit. As for the B skill, I was thinking of having Guard but Desperation could be an option if I inherit it with Iceberg from Shanna.

If you mostly intend to user her against Armor and Cavalry, Glacies will be ready for battle 2 assuming she manages to double her opponent. guaranteeing she will get whatever kill she needs in that second battle. Iceberg would be good if you forsee her needing the extra damage in her first battle, or if you aren't running with Desperation (since it will be ready after the opponents counterattack). Moonbow and Glimmer would mostly only be for Desperation, getting triggers so long as she is soundly injured enough. Between the two, Glimmer would more or less guarantee she kills any Armor/Cavalry regardless of bulk unless she is only managing 20 or so damage per hit, while Moonbow is guaranteed damage regardless of DPH.

Since she'd be an AA unit, and mostly be dueling Armor and Cavalry if it were up to me, I'd go with Glacies, since her first battle (if it were me) will almost always be who she has triangle advantage against, and then the Glacies trigger will boost her chances of killing even triangle disadvantage foes. But that's my scenario.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also, who wants a Brave Axe+ these days? I have a spare Camilla that I won't be using now (will promote a +Spd one), so I can fodder off her weapon to someone. Frederick and Cherche already have a Brave Axe+, so who else wants it? I feel that as units are bulkier, less units want the Brave Axe but looking through my barracks, the possible options ar

Strong Armors with Bold Fighter are who I'd be looking at. Lissa would be the cheapest since she already has Bold Fighter, but not the strongest (That'd be WE!Chrom or Lector). Both your Lissa and Amelia have the sound +Atk that'd make Brave Axe strong, meanwhile even if you do get WE!Chrom I wouldn't expect him to be +Atk (trust me, 5* exclusives are never the right nature). If you don't have any Bold Fighter fodder, then I'd give it to Lissa, but if you do, or you can count your losses and sack the Lissa, then Amelia would be slightly better.

I would not give it to Gerome. Exhibit A, he is the only user of the Poleaxe besides anyone you fodder the only other copy to, and besides Keen Gronnwolf users that means he can dual Lance/Blue Mage cavalry. Exhibit B, there is no Exhibit B.

Your other option would be to give it to no one. If you intend to promote a +Spd Camilla anyways, save this Camilla for when you 5* her and merge into her.

...well, that's my two cents. I agree that the increasing bulk of enemy units means standard Brave weaponry is not ideal anymore, but I still think they're cool weapons and having one or two around is helpful.

I have two questions. The first one is about my +spd/-hp Summer Tana. What should I give her for a special, since I’m doing the standard Fury + Desperation Blade tome build.

As for my other question, I want to build Tana, but this time it’s the regular version and she is also +res/-atk. And my Flier bias makes me want to build her completely. I’m actually thinking of running a defensive build, doing something like Fortress def, QR2, and  bonfire for the special with her Vidofnir as the weapon 

19 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I have two questions. The first one is about my +spd/-hp Summer Tana. What should I give her for a special, since I’m doing the standard Fury + Desperation Blade tome build.

Glimmer and Moonbow are common choices. Glimmer is better in most cases, but Moonbow is better if you are facing against super bulky units.

19 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

As for my other question, I want to build Tana, but this time it’s the regular version and she is also +res/-atk. And my Flier bias makes me want to build her completely. I’m actually thinking of running a defensive build, doing something like Fortress def, QR2, and  bonfire for the special with her Vidofnir as the weapon 

I would not drop her Atk completely. I would go for Defence +3 over Fortress Def to preserve her damage output. Compared to Defense +3, Fortress Def makes her lose 3 damage per hit for 1 more damage per Bonfire activation, and that is not worth it in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

I'm working on a Caeda (shoutout to @LordFrigid and his excellent guide), and given my immediate inclination to pull reds, I've gotten a few 4* copies of her; if I were to merge her now, she'd be +7, only I'm stocking up on feathers. She's currently neutral, and I was wondering if which of these would be more beneficial in the long run: a +Spd boon (for constant processing of Flashing Blade) or an +Atk boon (to amp up effective damage of Wing Sword)?

EDIT: went through the guide again. I'd really, really need a +Atk boon lol

Edited by Karimlan

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

What units use the Flashing Blade seal well?

Ishtar +Spd would be the best candidate in my opinion, but she needs 4/4/0/0 buffs to make the Sacred Seal worth it; without the buffs, Speed +3 is better. I think Karla and SS!Ryoma are fine too depending on the rest of their skill set, but I have not tested them yet in the calculator, so I am not sure if Flashing Blade is better over Speed +3.

Similar to its A slot versions, Sacred Seal versions of Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are not very good for performance. Stat boosting skills are almost always better than Special related skills. Speed +3 outclasses both in most cases for Player Phase units.

I would consult the Hero Spd chart on the wiki and pick the fastest unit you have if you want to give the give Sacred Seal "permanently" to someone; also remember to take into account Spd boosting Weapons if they have any. I would personally just keep the Seal off unless that unit is part of your Arena team and the unit needs a score boost.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ishtar +Spd would be the best candidate in my opinion, but she needs 4/4/0/0 buffs to make the Sacred Seal worth it; without the buffs, Speed +3 is better. I think Karla and SS!Ryoma are fine too depending on the rest of their skill set, but I have not tested them yet in the calculator, so I am not sure if Flashing Blade is better over Speed +3.

Similar to its A slot versions, Sacred Seal versions of Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are not very good for performance. Stat boosting skills are almost always better than Special related skills. Speed +3 outclasses both in most cases for Player Phase units.

I would consult the Hero Spd chart on the wiki and pick the fastest unit you have if you want to give the give Sacred Seal "permanently" to someone; also remember to take into account Spd boosting Weapons if they have any. I would personally just keep the Seal off unless that unit is part of your Arena team and the unit needs a score boost.

I'm in the same situation with my Nino. She has base 43 Speed at +10 merges and +Spd boon. I normally run Fury/Moonbow on her but I've ditched that since I put Aether on her for the arena points recently. I had a -Atk Katarina laying around so I decided to fodder her, so Nino has base 47 Spd on initiation, which should be able to outspeed the majority of enemies to drop Aether faster.

However, I always run Hone Spd and Hone Atk within my team so it's much less of a problem. She's also got an S-support with Tiki, which helps.

@Karimlan

In addition to my arguments & preference for +Atk Caeda in the analysis, Ice Dragon also had a post earlier in this thread on the subject that’s worth a read:

I’ll have to go edit the analysis thread at some point...I like to try to keep them up to date when I can, which is why I’m hesitant to start any more.

Congrats on starting to build the game’s best red flier Caeda! You won’t regret it.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I gave mine a triple close defense build once and it is quite nice. The sacrificed Joshua was worth it. 

Since mine is +SPD, I didn't bother with QR, but Bonfire is the special she wants with that build. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think Karla and SS!Ryoma are fine too depending on the rest of their skill set, but I have not tested them yet in the calculator, so I am not sure if Flashing Blade is better over Speed +3.

SS!Ryoma means legendary Ryoma? Fliers can't equip Flashing Blade sadly. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

SS!Ryoma means legendary Ryoma? Fliers can't equip Flashing Blade sadly. 

Oh yeah. I forgot about that for some reason.