"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

From what I can tell, Seth's main problem is that he doesn't excel in any of the stats. Too close to one another.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

If you want him to hit crazy Player Phase performance ratios in the calculator, I would go with something like Brave Sword with Brash Assault 8.

If you want Weapon that can work either phase like theirs, I would go with something like an effect that gives him an automatic follow-up attack if his Def is higher than the enemy's Res.

Alternatively, his Weapon can deal effective damage against all movement types.

Isn't that a bit bias? I mean, I want the Robins to have an in built Brazen ATK/DEF/SPD, a skill that negates "Cancel Triangle Affinity", "Quick Riposte", & "Bond Forges", but I know that's already way too much to ask.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

From what I can tell, Seth's main problem is that he doesn't excel in any of the stats. Too close to one another.

He does not need to excel in any particular stat. The developers just need to make sure that what ever Weapon that is given to him is not hampered by his stats.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Isn't that a bit bias? I mean, I want the Robins to have an in built Brazen ATK/DEF/SPD, a skill that negates "Cancel Triangle Affinity", "Quick Riposte", & "Bond Forges", but I know that's already way too much to ask.

I was not suggesting giving all of those effects at once. I broke them into separate paragraphs to make it more clear that his Weapon is not a combination of all those things.

One idea is to give him a Brave Sword with Brash Assault 8 so he can get crazy Player Phase ratios like WOT!Reinhardt and Ares.

Another idea is to give him a Weapon that allows him to do a follow up attack.

Another idea is to give him a Weapon that always deal effective damage to pad his rather mediocre Atk.

I was not suggesting Seth having all of them, although I personally would not mind it.

If/when Seth gets a personal weapon, I'm hoping it's something like a 16-MT Safeguard with the option to refine Brazen ATK/SPD 3 onto it, since that would give him a weapon that effectively boosts all of Seth's relevant stats in one way or another (ATK and SPD once Seth's HP dips below 80%, DEF on Enemy Phase, HP via refinement, RES is not a relevant stat for Seth) and probably makes him a better unit, even if it most likely doesn't make him super amazing or anything.

On another note, would Brash Assault be a good choice for Summer Takumi? I want to give it to him because he already has Desperation on his weapon, but would something else be better on him (mine's +ATK/-DEF, in case that changes the answer)?

21 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

On another note, would Brash Assault be a good choice for Summer Takumi? I want to give it to him because he already has Desperation on his weapon, but would something else be better on him (mine's +ATK/-DEF, in case that changes the answer)?

If nobody is using the Brash Assault SS, I'd use that instead of as a B skill, since that'd mean you can use your B slot for something even stronger, such as Chill Def. Otherwise, yeah I see nothing wrong with the Desperation Assault combo on Takumi.

Another option with your +Atk nature is the Brave Bow, since Takumi can access Hone Flier buffs and become quite deadly on player phase (assuming you do have a source of Hone Fliers somewhere).

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If nobody is using the Brash Assault SS, I'd use that instead of as a B skill, since that'd mean you can use your B slot for something even stronger, such as Chill Def. Otherwise, yeah I see nothing wrong with the Desperation Assault combo on Takumi.

Another option with your +Atk nature is the Brave Bow, since Takumi can access Hone Flier buffs and become quite deadly on player phase (assuming you do have a source of Hone Fliers somewhere).

I was thinking of Sacred Seal slot for Brash Assault. I should've specified that, but I forgot that it was also a B Slot skill.

As for Brave Bow+... Yeah, Takumi would probably be great with that. I have Hinoka, NYAzura and Halloween Nowi for Hone Fliers, so he can get that pretty easily, and if I teamed him up with NYAzura (Dancer + Hone Fliers, could also run Wings of Mercy), Falicorn Olivia (Dancer + Chill RES, could also run Fortify Fliers and Flier Formation for shenanigans) and Myrrh (Tank, has DC+QR+Iote's to tank all the things that Takumi fears, and in return Takumi can rain arrows down on Falchions, Nagas, and Tikis to clear them out for her), I could see Takumi running Brave Bow+ / Ardent Sacrifice / Moonbow / Brazen ATK/SPD 3 / Desperation 3 / SPD Smoke 3 / Heavy Blade 3 so he could double Moonbow all across the sky, even against foes that don't get their SPD Chilled by Olivia (Ardent Sacrifice is there so he can get into Brazen+Desperation range safely via healing my Myrrh after she tanks something in case the only enemies he can attack at the start of a fight can counterkill him), and it sounds awesome. Only problem with this set is that I don't have enough feathers at the moment (I have 60k, of which 20k is reserved for a Walhart to keep, and 20k is in limbo because now I'm not so sure I want to give Takumi Chill DEF if I go with his Brave set. After that, I'd need 20k for a Linus for Brazen ATK/SPD, 20k for a Fallen Takumi for SPD Smoke, and 20k for a Gordin for Brave Bow+, so this'll have to wait until I get another 20k feathers at the earliest), but I am so building this when I do.

Thanks for the ideas!

7 hours ago, XRay said:

He does not need to excel in any particular stat. The developers just need to make sure that what ever Weapon that is given to him is not hampered by his stats.

I was not suggesting giving all of those effects at once. I broke them into separate paragraphs to make it more clear that his Weapon is not a combination of all those things.

One idea is to give him a Brave Sword with Brash Assault 8 so he can get crazy Player Phase ratios like WOT!Reinhardt and Ares.

Another idea is to give him a Weapon that allows him to do a follow up attack.

Another idea is to give him a Weapon that always deal effective damage to pad his rather mediocre Atk.

Oh, my mistake

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I was not suggesting Seth having all of them, although I personally would not mind it.

Pretty sure we all want our favorite units to have such a bonus. Especially since S!Y!Tiki does.

Been meaning to ask this but is it illegal for them to update a skill if it's going to be more beneficial(for the lack of a better term) for the players? Ex: changing the activation threshold for Brash Assault to 75% on the skill itself. 

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Been meaning to ask this but is it illegal for them to update a skill if it's going to be more beneficial(for the lack of a better term) for the players? Ex: changing the activation threshold for Brash Assault to 75% on the skill itself. 

Changes like this were already done when the Daylight and Night Sky skill trees and the AoE Special skills had their cooldowns reduced by 1.

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

It is not illegal to change anything. That it ostensibly is illegal is a misconception that should die already.

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

Is Rehabilitate+ is the healing skill that heals the most HP ? 

Theoretically yes, it's a full heal on low-HP targets. But with the advent of the various 5-star healing spells, raw numbers aren't really so important anymore and other heals with higher minimum amounts healed are often more desirable. Recover+ for example is the basic heal with no special conditions or effects, but it has a minimum amount of 15 instead of 7.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Is Rehabilitate+ is the healing skill that heals the most HP ? 

Only if the target being healed has far below 50% hp. If not, the total heal amount is 50% of healer's Attack -10, which in most cases is only about 11 hp or so.

Recover+ is the one that recovers the most raw HP, healing 50% of Healer's Attack plus 10, which usually becomes something like 31 on most healers.

Martyr+ is the only other one with a fluctuous Heal amount, recovering 50% of healer's Attack plus 50% of healers damage taken, as well as recovering 50% of said damage. Best used on an offensive  and fast healer who has Miracle.

The remaining Healing Assists are flat 50% of Healer's Attack with an additional effect, Physic+ having a range of 2, and Restore+ removing all negative effects, like Panic, that are on the target.

So if you want raw full heals, Recover+ is the way to go. If you think you can take advantage of the heals possible with Martyr+, or you find the self-recovery part of it valuable, go for it. If you are in too many scenarios where your units are near death, Rehabilitate+ is the way to go. To be honest though, most units these days only need, at most, one Physic+/Restore+ to be within safe HP range again, so most healers are usually just fine keeping their default healing assist.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Does Young Summer Tiki's Summer's Breath work the same way as steady breath?
  • If it was inheritable, would it work just as well on aTiki?

I am pretty sure it works like Steady Breath.

It is not inheritable. Weapons that do not have a "+" at the end are exclusive.

16 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Does Young Summer Tiki's Summer's Breath work the same way as steady breath?
  • If it was inheritable, would it work just as well on aTiki?

It works exactly the same as Steady Breath. Every time Tiki attacks or takes damage on Enemy Phase, she charges her Special by 2.

Honestly, if it were inheritable it'd be just as good on any dragon, not just the Tikis. I mean, it has the Steady Breath effect in it AND dragon effectiveness. Just throw Distant Counter on the Manakete and there's not much the enemy can do.

@XRay I was able to check for sure in the simulator: Had the effect been similar to Vengeful Fighter, which only adds the Special Charge to the units attacks, then Tiki wouldn't be able to trigger Ignis on enemy phase against enemies who cannot double her.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I am pretty sure it works like Steady Breath.

It is not inheritable. Weapons that do not have a "+" at the end are exclusive.

Oh I see, I'm talking about hypothetically if it was inheritable how would affect other Tiki's performance.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Oh I see, I'm talking about hypothetically if it was inheritable how would affect other Tiki's performance.

Oh, my bad.

If it was inheritable, it is flat out better than Breath of Fog in my opinion. The +5 Atk from being near specific allies is kind of crap, and better Special trigger from Summer's Breath is more than enough to offset not having that +5 Atk.

@Xenomata cool, thanks for the confirmation.

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Changes like this were already done when the Daylight and Night Sky skill trees and the AoE Special skills had their cooldowns reduced by 1.

Completely forgot about those since I don't use those specials. Thanks for the reminder.

On another note, I didn't get a defense win this week so I'm trying to build an annoying team around Tana, SA!Tana, and PA!Azura as the core. Their sets are as follows:

SA!Tana: Fruit of Idunn/Reposition/Moonbow with Fury 3/Renewal 3/Drive Spd 2/Flier Formation seal

Tana: Vidofnir/Reposition/Moonbow with HP/Spd 2/Guidance 3/Atk Smoke 3 seal

PA!Azura: Urdr/Sing/New Moon with TA3/WoM 3/Drive Spd 2

Given that I am out of Escape Route and Wings of Mercy fodder, what are some budget A and B skills that I can give Tana? I've also been debating if I should switch SA!Tana's assist skill to Draw Back instead. I feel like the current set up just have the 2 Tana's stuck in a Reposition loop with SA!Tana ending up front and getting baited because she's a ranged unit.

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Completely forgot about those since I don't use those specials. Thanks for the reminder.

On another note, I didn't get a defense win this week so I'm trying to build an annoying team around Tana, SA!Tana, and PA!Azura as the core. Their sets are as follows:

SA!Tana: Fruit of Idunn/Reposition/Moonbow with Fury 3/Renewal 3/Drive Spd 2/Flier Formation seal

Tana: Vidofnir/Reposition/Moonbow with HP/Spd 2/Guidance 3/Atk Smoke 3 seal

PA!Azura: Urdr/Sing/New Moon with TA3/WoM 3/Drive Spd 2

Given that I am out of Escape Route and Wings of Mercy fodder, what are some budget A and B skills that I can give Tana? I've also been debating if I should switch SA!Tana's assist skill to Draw Back instead. I feel like the current set up just have the 2 Tana's stuck in a Reposition loop with SA!Tana ending up front and getting baited because she's a ranged unit.

If you do not have Fury, Swift Sparrow, or Life and Death, the most budget option would be Darting Blow. I think SA!Tana would have been fine sticking with Atk/Spd Push since if she is not killing someone in her first round of combat she is going to be dead, and Tana could have used Fury.

For the B slot, I would go with Vantage or a Chill to be annoying.

Reposition loops are fine, you do not have to get rid of it. In most cases the loops do not matter or it might even benefit the player, but you might also be able to bait a few inexperienced players to over extend their team trying to kill the loop.

Edited by XRay

So I'm currently running with:

• Ishtar (+Atk/-Def) +3 - Looking to build her to +10, with a view to run her in high tier arena play for fun.
  • Leg. Robin (+Res/-HP) +3 - I predominantly use her for mixed tanking and appreciate the super boon for arena. 

During my Legendary Lucina summoning session today, I was able to acquire 1 merge each for both of them, but in the process, it presented me with a bit of a dilemma.

Both Ishtar & Leg. Robin have the same great IV's: 

+Spd/-Hp

------------------

My current thoughts regarding this:

• For my Ishtar setup; I feel the +Atk/-Def nature is slightly stronger. As I run Mjölnir on her & have her surrounded by Karla (Even Speed Wave) and other speed buffs anyway, increasing her Atk seems more optimal and efficient here.
  • Leg. Robin is a bit trickier I feel. +Spd is great, but how much does it help her in comparison to a +Res superboon? (Especially in Arena). I may have to run the calcs on this one.

Anyways, all feedback welcomed :)

21 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not have Fury, Swift Sparrow, or Life and Death, the most budget option would be Darting Blow. I think SA!Tana would have been fine sticking with Atk/Spd Push since if she is not killing someone in her first round of combat she is going to be dead, and Tana could have used Fury.

For the B slot, I would go with Vantage or a Chill to be annoying.

I switched Fury out for Atk/Spd Push and gave Tana Darting Blow as well as Vantage. No defense wins yet but here's to hoping that this works. I do have to say that after seeing how Future Vision works, I'm tempted to pull for LH!Lucina.

Hello,

I'm new here. I didn't know if replying to a topic is the way to create a new question but here goes. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I was fortunate enough to pull two legendary Lucinas. I am having a hard time deciding which one has the better IV?

+Atk/-Spd

+HP/-Def

The -Spd really hurts as I imagine speed is one of the best boons for Lucina. I don't know if the +HP/-Def is better given neutral IVs in Atk & Spd

Any recommendations are welcome.

1 minute ago, Feh_Scrub_101 said:

Hello,

I'm new here. I didn't know if replying to a topic is the way to create a new question but here goes. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I was fortunate enough to pull two legendary Lucinas. I am having a hard time deciding which one has the better IV?

+Atk/-Spd

+HP/-Def

The -Spd really hurts as I imagine speed is one of the best boons for Lucina. I don't know if the +HP/-Def is better given neutral IVs in Atk & Spd

Any recommendations are welcome.

Welcome to the Forest! Also, yeah, this is the thread for what you're looking for.

And I say you could go either way. +ATK is nice, and although -SPD sucks it can be mitigated to an extent by her default skillset (she'll reach 39 SPD on Player Phase, 43 against melee weapons thanks to Thogn, and you can stack SPDbuffs on her if you want to go even further), so you could make that work.

+HP/-DEF leaves Lucina's offensive stats untouched, so you'll have more SPD (42 on Player Phase, 46 against melee weapons thanks to Thogn), but slightly less ATK (not all that much, just a little), and DEF probably won't be super important for Lucina, so you could go with this, and it's probably easier.

I would say that if you only want one, go for +HP/-DEF, but you could go with +ATK/-SPD if the extra power is more important to you (and you don't mind losing that 3 SPD).
And if you want to keep both, maybe toss a Brave Bow+ to the +ATK/-SPD Lucina and let the +HP/-DEF one keep Thogn.

And now, I have a question too:

Is +DEF/-RES or +SPD/-DEF the better nature for Female!Grima?

11 minutes ago, Feh_Scrub_101 said:

+Atk/-Spd

+HP/-Def

+Atk -Spd would make a Bow user into a Brave Bow user, with Lucina specifically having 44 atk with +Atk. Give her Death Blow, and she'll basically be a physical, Infantry version of Reinhardt.

You are otherwise still able to build on Lucina's Speed via A passives and Sacred Seals. Keeping Thogn would be wisest in this scenario, since it gives +3 to Speed unlike a forged bow only giving +2, in addition to the effect it has.

+HP -Def is functionally a neutral nature on an offensive unit like Lucina. It does extend her Magical bulk slightly, but is otherwise not much different from pulling a Neutral Bowcina. If you'd want her Speed to be as high as possible and are okay with not having any boosts to her combat, this nature is the way to go.