"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Moving up or down one stat bin (over one of the 5-stat-point boundaries), on average, increases your score by half a point (after counting the double points from having a bonus character).

If you aren't seeing a difference in your predicted range, it's probably because that half a point isn't enough to move you up a full point.

Thanks a lot!  I'll tinker around with some more stay-in-tier 20 team combinations and see if his IV turns into a difference in score.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is a good build plan for Mathilda? I find it difficult to plan something for her due to her statline.

Looks fine for Arena Assault. If you want her to have better performance in general you might want to try Swift Sparrow or Fury instead to boost her Spd more. For the Sacred Seal, I think Speed +3 is the best, although the seal is in high demand so it might not be practical or realistic for Mathilda to hog it.

Edited by XRay

Has anyone figured out getting two different favorite hearts on a unit? Even after the update I can still only choose one and it just switches to the other one I select instead of adding it. Am I missing something, or was this feature not included in the update?

40 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Has anyone figured out getting two different favorite hearts on a unit? Even after the update I can still only choose one and it just switches to the other one I select instead of adding it. Am I missing something, or was this feature not included in the update?

As far as I know you can't. Each unit can get one heart, but you can sort by two or more heart colors. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Looks fine for Arena Assault. If you want her to have better performance in general you might want to try Swift Sparrow or Fury instead to boost her Spd more. For the Sacred Seal, I think Speed +3 is the best, although the seal is in high demand so it might not be practical or realistic for Mathilda to hog it.

I guess so, not much else I can do with her due to her stat-line.

11 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is a good build plan for Mathilda? I find it difficult to plan something for her due to her statline.

I use her in my arena core. DC is probably too premium for you, but if you have brazen def/res with Berkut's Lance then that'll work against dragons. Maybe throw in guard to prevent armors and dragons from charging specials and run skills such as atk ploy to further decrease damage

My Alm is 40+7 and I have no idea how to go about finding his boon/bane since I've long since forgotten. I've pulled a +ATK/-DEF copy and want to try and figure out what my merged one is to see if I should just stack on, or merge into the new one. I was hoping someone might be able to look at his stats and point me in the right direction for his boon/bane or recommend a site where I can hopefully figure it out.

HP: 45   ATK: 55   SPD: 33   DEF: 31   RES: 24

The only thing he has equipped that effects his stats are his standard (nonrefined) Falchion.

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

My Alm is 40+7 and I have no idea how to go about finding his boon/bane since I've long since forgotten. I've pulled a +ATK/-DEF copy and want to try and figure out what my merged one is to see if I should just stack on, or merge into the new one. I was hoping someone might be able to look at his stats and point me in the right direction for his boon/bane or recommend a site where I can hopefully figure it out.

HP: 45   ATK: 55   SPD: 33   DEF: 31   RES: 24

The only thing he has equipped that effects his stats are his standard (nonrefined) Falchion.

+Atk -HP.

At +7 he has +3 to all stats from the merges, except his worst stat, so that's +2 to Res. If you look at your Alm versus an unmerged neutral, he has +0, +6, +3, +3, +2 advantage.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

+Atk -HP.

At +7 he has +3 to all stats from the merges, except his worst stat, so that's +2 to Res. If you look at your Alm versus an unmerged neutral, he has +0, +6, +3, +3, +2 advantage.

I think I understand the process better now, thank you! I'll try comparing to neutral copies for my merges in the future to try and decipher their boon/banes.

I got myself a dancing lobster yesterday, and am now thinking of skills to give him. I am a bit stumped on A skills right now. Ideally, it should help him get at least some kills when the situation calls for it. Should I stick to TA, to make him take out reds exclusively? Or should I give DB to maximise his attack? LnD might also be a good idea, since his defenses suck anyway, but that might give him more trouble if he sticks to his weapon, since he can't use Desperation with it. 

26 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I got myself a dancing lobster yesterday, and am now thinking of skills to give him. I am a bit stumped on A skills right now. Ideally, it should help him get at least some kills when the situation calls for it. Should I stick to TA, to make him take out reds exclusively? Or should I give DB to maximise his attack? LnD might also be a good idea, since his defenses suck anyway, but that might give him more trouble if he sticks to his weapon, since he can't use Desperation with it. 

What's his nature?

@NanimaOh yeah. His physical bulk is pretty bad then. TA is decent enough if you're on a budget. LaD is meh as it premium and won't really affect his positive match-ups against reds and blues in a significant way compared to Death Blow.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@NanimaOh yeah. His physical bulk is pretty bad then. TA is decent enough if you're on a budget. LaD is meh as it premium and won't really affect his positive match-ups against reds and blues in a significant way compared to Death Blow.

I do have a whole bunch of Sothe's lying around, so I am not to concerned about it being premium. It also does give him a nice speed boost that he won't have with DB. I was just concerned it'll get him killed faster, since he always has to eat a counterattack when doubling. But yeah, DB might be better for that reason.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Or should I give DB to maximise his attack? LnD might also be a good idea, since his defenses suck anyway, but that might give him more trouble if he sticks to his weapon, since he can't use Desperation with it. 

22 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I do have a whole bunch of Sothe's lying around, so I am not to concerned about it being premium. It also does give him a nice speed boost that he won't have with DB. I was just concerned it'll get him killed faster, since he always has to eat a counterattack when doubling. But yeah, DB might be better for that reason.

Life and Death and Death Blow are both fine, I would personally go with which ever is cheaper.

If you are sticking with Chill Def, I think Death Blow is better for that extra Atk.

Life and Death is more useful if you want to go with Watersweep/Windsweep-Phantom Spd. But even without Sweeps, Life and Death's penalty does not matter anyways since FIH!Ryoma's natural bulk is already so low that he will die regardless with or without the penalty.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Life and Death and Death Blow are both fine, I would personally go with which ever is cheaper.

If you are sticking with Chill Def, I think Death Blow is better for that extra Atk.

Life and Death is more useful if you want to go with Watersweep/Windsweep-Phantom Spd. But even without Sweeps, Life and Death's penalty does not matter anyways since FIH!Ryoma's natural bulk is already so low that he will die regardless with or without the penalty.

Yeah, but having a few extra points in his defenses can come to play during clutch moments, and when he just needs to kill one very specific unit. Being able to at least take one hit can be valuable in specific scenarios.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Nanima Oh shoot. I forgot that Ryoma is a dancer. TA is one of his best options as it's one of the best skills a dancer a could have

Too late. Already gave him DB and the death of Klein can't have been in vain.

31 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, but having a few extra points in his defenses can come to play during clutch moments, and when he just needs to kill one very specific unit. Being able to at least take one hit can be valuable in specific scenarios.

Too late. Already gave him DB and the death of Klein can't have been in vain.

GG. But at least you'll have an easier time doing PvE content that has armors

I've got a regular adult Tiki who is -Res +Def. I've been thinking of turning her into a merge project, but I'm conflicted regarding whether or not I should turn her into a mixed tank. I've got a -Spd +Res Tiki just waiting, but I'm afraid of my current version losing her ridiculous tankiness in favor of patching up some Res. 

In short, purely physical Tiki or mixed Tiki? Which do you think is the best/most annoying to play against? 

2 hours ago, Thane said:

In short, purely physical Tiki or mixed Tiki? Which do you think is the best/most annoying to play against? 

It depends on the game mode.

For Arena, it depends on her teammates. You cannot just slap a random tank on to a team without considering what the team actually needs.

For Arena Assault, I use both mixed tanks and specialized Def/Res tanks. Mixed tanks are easier to use and are enough in most cases, but if I see something dangerous like Wary Fighter-Quick Riposte Hector and WOT!Olwen on the same team, I would bring two specialized tanks red tanks instead of one red mixed tank.

For Rival Domains and Grand Conquest, the current one I am using is kind of crap since the player replaced her Lightning Breath with Breath of Fog, but her previous kit was a mixed tank build with Resistance Refinement and Warding Breath I believe, I did not pay attention to the nature though.

59 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Can clerics (Sakura, Clarine, Maria) eventually earn weapons? All my clerics are squishy 

All staff users have access to Assault, their most basic Weapon. You can check their skill list by going on their character page. Clarine and Sakura have Fear by default, while Maria got Panic.