"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It does. It decides the five units and then covers them up with coloured stones. The declared maths wouldn’t have matched any other way.

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Yep, the units are already decided once you pay the 5 Orbs~

From the Summoning Page: "Once the five summoning stones appear, the Heroes for each of the stones have already been determined based on the appearance rates applicable at the time of summoning"

Ah. Well, thanks for letting me know. It's too bad, though. Now that I know, there is much regret. x_x I'm going to have to be a lot more careful from now on...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Aera said:

I want to inherit Atk/Spd Push 3 on Brave Celica. For possible quad purposes. Thoughts? 

Firesweep Sword+ and Luna, that should be enough to take down anything she initiate when she is at full health. Reciprocal Aid use to suck health from teammates to bring her back to full health. Otherwise, run a healer with her.

Edit: Moonbow + Heavy Blade can be used too if you want to pierce through Guard units.

Edited by Ginko

1 hour ago, Aera said:

I want to inherit Atk/Spd Push 3 on Brave Celica. For possible quad purposes. Thoughts? 

It's marginally better than Swift Sparrow and she'll need healing anyway to use Double Lion again. That said, it's putting all your eggs into one basket (being at full health), and I wouldn't recommend it if you have Swift Sparrow available. Atk/Spd Push can also go to healers who otherwise have limited options for their A slot.

5 hours ago, Aera said:

If you have a healer on your team or someone with Ardent Sacrifice, I think it is fine. Since she does not have Desperation, it might not be ideal to have her fight more than once or twice anyways without healing her up first.

If they release Renewal as a Sacred Seal in the future, you can skip the healer too and just let her heal up naturally.

So, I was looking at my armors again and it looks like the alternate B!Ephraim is Amelia and the alternate B!Hector is Hardin. I knew I had some Hardins around (from when I was trying to get Christmas Robin) so I checked them out. All of them are -hp, 2 are +def, 1 is +spd. Think I should bother building one, or hold onto them for fodder? I prefer Ephraim and Hector regardless, but I guess this could be considered my backup plan since from what I hear, he's not a bad unit.

Pulled a 5* +Spd/-Def Sothe and I currently have a +Spd/-Res one at 4*. Is there a difference between the two for him?

I plugged both of them into the calculator and they're getting the same number of win/loss/draw ratios against the whole cast. Also tried the 710-720 score range and the -Def one has 2 more losses against DC/Berkut's Lance/Wary Fighter Effie with Close Defense/Distant Defense seal. He will mainly be used occasionally used for AA and arena if he becomes a bonus unit.  

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I was looking at my armors again and it looks like the alternate B!Ephraim is Amelia and the alternate B!Hector is Hardin. I knew I had some Hardins around (from when I was trying to get Christmas Robin) so I checked them out. All of them are -hp, 2 are +def, 1 is +spd. Think I should bother building one, or hold onto them for fodder? I prefer Ephraim and Hector regardless, but I guess this could be considered my backup plan since from what I hear, he's not a bad unit.

I would keep at least one and build him. In my opinion, it is generally a good idea to be able to replicate your main Arena team for Arena Assault, since that is the team composition you are most familiar and likely to win with.

6 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Pulled a 5* +Spd/-Def Sothe and I currently have a +Spd/-Res one at 4*. Is there a difference between the two for him?

I plugged both of them into the calculator and they're getting the same number of win/loss/draw ratios against the whole cast. Also tried the 710-720 score range and the -Def one has 2 more losses against DC/Berkut's Lance/Wary Fighter Effie with Close Defense/Distant Defense seal. He will mainly be used occasionally used for AA and arena if he becomes a bonus unit.  

In my opinion, there is little difference since both his bulk is so low already, and I do not think he should take on Distant Counter units unless it is F!Corrin or something. He should be able to stomach a counter from some ranged units though.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, there is little difference since both his bulk is so low already, and I do not think he should take on Distant Counter units unless it is F!Corrin or something. He should be able to stomach a counter from some ranged units though.

Fair enough. I'll take that as "pick whichever I like better." Thanks.

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Fair enough. I'll take that as "pick whichever I like better." Thanks.

Yeah, just pick whichever you like better. If archers feel more threatening, you can go with -Res; if mages feel more threatening, you can go with -Def.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would keep at least one and build him. In my opinion, it is generally a good idea to be able to replicate your main Arena team for Arena Assault, since that is the team composition you are most familiar and likely to win with.

Good advice. I don't spend money on this game (I still have my f2p status from launch) so I don't have many resources to work with, but I always wind up going with EP strategies, so armors seem like a good idea. I have some other projects in the works, but he seems to be worth investing in someday, so I'll keep at least 1 around and see what happens. Thanks!

(But to alleviate misconception, my main team right now is actually original Ninian, M!Kana, M!Grima, and L!Ike, but I don't have enough finished units to do consecutive team-rotation stuff like AA yet. The insight is still appreciated, though! ^_^)

7 hours ago, Ginko said:

Edit: Moonbow + Heavy Blade can be used too if you want to pierce through Guard units.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't run Luna in this case. Two Moonbows against non-Guard opponents is only slightly better than one Luna, but one Luna is much better than one Moonbow against opponents with Guard, considering units that run Guard are usually either very bulky or very frail.

Edited by Ice Dragon

24 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, I don't have DC fodder to give to Brave Ephraim. I'm with his default Close Def for now, but is there something better?

Also, which Special would he want?

I would just stick with Close Def and his vanilla skill set. There are Sturdy Stance and Atk/Def Bond, but they are about as rare as Distant Counter. If you think you use him more often on Player Phase, you can give him Death Blow or Sturdy Blow.

You can also try Bonfire and I think it might be better, but you should double check his nature and math though.

If you are only going to use him on Enemy Phase, then I recommend switching to a 4 cooldown Special instead like Dragon Fang and Ignis, and obviously check the math before hand before giving it to him.

15 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

2. Are there any characters that would like to have a neutral nature rather than have a boon/bane?

Assuming you mean "are there any characters where a neutral nature is more optimal than any other nature?",

• In terms of combat performance, no.
  • In terms of Arena scoring, it's theoretically possible, but I don't think any actually exist yet.

Also assuming all characters have access to all natures because neutral is the optimal nature for any character that only has access to a neutral nature.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Which would net more Arena score, all units equips dual rally assist but the ones doing kills are not the bonus unit or all units equip Reposition can let the bonus units kill the enemies? 

All four units with dual Rallies is +2 to +4 per match. All kills to bonus units is +12 per match.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1.Is this a good build for Effie?

I would switch out Wo-Bonfire for Slaying-Ignis.

Wo-Bonfire = 10 + (41*0.5) = 30

Slaying-Ignis = 41*0.8 = 32

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure why you wouldn't run Luna in this case. Two Moonbows against non-Guard opponents is only slightly better than one Luna, but one Luna is much better than one Moonbow against opponents with Guard, considering units that run Guard are usually either very bulky or very frail.

In case Celica fight Wary Fighter armor or units with same Spd tier with her, so she can proc Moonbow with in first 2 hits (no quad).

Moonbow proc easier in every case but Luna won't proc on Wary Fighter.

Moonbow prove to be more useful when she is not full health too.

Or run Infantry Pulse so she proc Luna within first 2 hits on her first enemy.

Welp, just choose whatever you like.

Edited by Ginko

25 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Moonbow prove to be more useful when she is not full health too.

Celica will still activate Luna in one round of combat when not at full health. She charges 2 points on her first attack, 1 point on the counterattack (can't run Desperation with Double Lion), and hits with Luna on her second attack.

28 minutes ago, Ginko said:

In case Celica fight Wary Fighter armor

Right. Wary Fighter doesn't really exist in my Arena score range.

29 minutes ago, Ginko said:

units with same Spd tier with her,

Ayra is the bulkiest non-blue unit in the same Spd tier as Celica, and Ayra is killed by the first two hits unless she is stacking Def for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Celica will still activate Luna in one round of combat when not at full health. She charges 2 points on her first attack, 1 point on the counterattack (can't run Desperation with Double Lion), and hits with Luna on her second attack.

She won't get counterattack if she run Firesweep Sword. 

Edited by Ginko

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Right, you peeps have been talking about using Firesweep for some reason.

Of course, in my original post I recommended Firesweep Sword so I'm talking about Firesweep Sword all this time.

Trying to get a few opinions-

I have a +Atk/-Spd that I was almost finished building before Bector was announced. Now that Bector is a thing (and will most likely be my blue armour for arena), what should I do with Effie's weapon?

I was originally gonna give her Brave Lance+ or Berkut's Lance+. Since Bector might already take her spot in arena, is it better to just give Berkut's Lance to someone else?

Originally my candidates for Berkut's Lance armour was Effie or V!Eliwood. Would it better to just give Eliwood the Berkut's Lance or is it still more efficient for a +Atk/-Spd Effie compared the Eliwood's neutral stats?