"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I was leaning toward +res, -spd, but +def (super), -hp seemed rather good too. I'm not sure what you meant by wary fighter/quick reposte - I think quick reposte is built into the lance so he should always have that?

Omnibreaker works because each effect that guarantees or prevents a follow-up attack will nullify one of the other when your HP is within the threshold. Therefore, when you have Wary Fighter and two stacks of Quick Riposte, Wary Fighter will prevent the opponent from performing a follow-up attack (above 50% HP) and the three skills combined results in the equivalent of one stack of Quick Riposte, guaranteeing you a follow-up attack when all three are active (above 80% HP with Armads, above 70% HP with Maltet).

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/25/2018 at 7:04 AM, Hilda said:

She is running 67 physical bulk. and will hit anything but dragons like a wet noodle, I am not even sure if she can kill Dragons on the counter hit even with Cloud Maiougi. She will definitly survive the slower dragons and kill the ones with lower bulk like Ninian and Fae, but she will prolly fail to kill any of the other Dragons, and she will definitly die to M!Grima no matter if enemy or playerphase. All in all she does a horrible job at what she is supposed to do and a Falchion/Naga user will definitly do it better.

I can only see this work with a support from a refined Marth or M!Corrin (but then again if you have Marth in the group she wouldnt need the Cloud Maiougi. a Sothe with the same built would have done a better job, because it doesnt matter how high her RES is, dragons pick the weaker stat and Sothe has like 20 RES or Def which euqals around the same bulk against baiting dragon, but he has that much higher spd and attack and can actually kill them in return with Glimmer.

Hmm.  Good thing I didn't initiate that plan yet, then.  Thank you and @Ice Dragon for deterring me. :)

With the -atk Brave Ephraim I have gotten a couple days ago, I'm mulling over the possibility of giving Special Fighter to LA!Lyn. She currently runs Guard, along with a Blarowl+ refined for Def, and Close Counter for A. How good/bad would she be on an armor emblem team with that setup (she's running Iceberg, although Glacies is readily available)?

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If I wanted to give someone Guard Bow, would I have to promote Setsuna to 5-star? Or could I just use a 4-star one?

Setsuna does not have Guard Bow at 4*.

- - - - - - -

@Karimlan I do not recommend Special Fighter unless the recipient armor unit is also running Quick Riposte Sacred Seal.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

@XRay: Forgot that lol. Yep, she has Quick Riposte on the seal slot.

Should be good then, and yeah, switch to Glacies. I also recommend Spd Refinement over Def Refinement unless she is +Spd.

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Dang. So after promoting Setsuna, do I also have to upgrade the Assassin Bow to Guard Bow with her before foddering it off?

You could instead give the Assassin Bow and Assassin Bow+ to the other unit first and evolve it afterwards. That would save you the SP of having to learn Assassin Bow+ and Guard Bow+ on Setsuna since the receiving unit needs to learn all three skills regardless.

24 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

So I have 3 Ishtars chilling around~

Should I merge or is there a unit that badly desires Swift Sparrow or Odd Att Wave?

I would prioritize Swift Sparrow. Odd Atk Wave is not reliable in my opinion.

Desperation nukes in general want Swift Sparrow over Fury if the player can get into Desperation range without difficulty. If the player does have problems entering into Desperation range though, then Fury is better.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize Swift Sparrow. Odd Atk Wave is not reliable in my opinion.

Desperation nukes in general want Swift Sparrow over Fury if the player can get into Desperation range without difficulty. If the player does have problems entering into Desperation range though, then Fury is better.

Alright, I'll keep a hold on them~

20 hours ago, XRay said:

Should be good then, and yeah, switch to Glacies. I also recommend Spd Refinement over Def Refinement unless she is +Spd.

Seems like the Spd refine would work really well, along with the stacks from Hone/Goad and the Owltome's inherent bonus (the LA!Lyn I had is +Def/-HP).

1 hour ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

just wanted to ask, whats the best strategy (featherwise) for grand conquest? Spend those stamina pots in each round or keep them until the final battle?

I used to hold on to them until the last moment, but I forget to log in the game to use them a few times already, so now I just spend them as soon as possible.

Ideally, you want stay up 24/7 and dump your Lances when the enemy tries to take a choke point. Most of your teammates are going on offense anyways, so I would be more concerned about defense and save your lances. Even if you cannot knockout a choke point, you will hopefully buy enough time for reinforcements. Saving 6 Lances will take you to over 50,000 points if you do Lunatic perfectly, so if you and another defensive player is quick about it, you can shut down a choke point and stop the enemy from steam rolling deeper into your territory.

This requires a lot of coordination and sleepless nights though, so I would not call it practical or feasible unless you are a student or unemployed or something.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I used to hold on to them until the last moment, but I forget to log in the game to use them a few times already, so now I just spend them as soon as possible.

Ideally, you want stay up 24/7 and dump your Lances when the enemy tries to take a choke point. Most of your teammates are going on offense anyways, so I would be more concerned about defense and save your lances. Even if you cannot knockout a choke point, you will hopefully buy enough time for reinforcements. Saving 6 Lances will take you to over 50,000 points if you do Lunatic perfectly, so if you and another defensive player is quick about it, you can shut down a choke point and stop the enemy from steam rolling deeper into your territory.

This requires a lot of coordination and sleepless nights though, so I would not call it practical or feasible unless you are a student or unemployed or something.

Thanks, you just made me realize I dont understand this game mode at all - all I have been doing so far is playing the game on hard on auto-battle. Tbt I am not really up for sleepless nights

So I asked a question in a separate thread as I didn't know where to ask. And then I learnt that this thread is for this and here I am. Here is a copy of my question.

I was pulling in the arrival of the brave Banner and my luck has been strange. 2 Veronicas one Ishtar and I am glad for these and my free pull was Ephraim. But after this I pulled a Shiro which is a bit wierd, I already have great blue units (BLucy, Ishtar, Hardin and let's forget about Fjorm) so I don't know what to do this Shiro. He also has bad IVs so I don't know how worth he to invest for the arena? Should I fodder him? What do you think I should do him?

Edited by SuperNova125

23 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

But after this I pulled a Shiro which is a bit wierd, I already have great blue units (BLucy, Ishtar, Hardin and let's forget about Fjorm) so I don't know what to do this Shiro. He also has bad IVs so I don't know how worth he to invest for the arena? Should I fodder him? What do you think I should do him?

Shiro is rather mediocre for Skill Inheritance. Steady Stance isn't really in high demand, and Def Tactic is more easily available as a Sacred Seal.

If you have better lance users already and getting another built up isn't a high priority, I'd leave him alone in your barracks for now.

Also, having a bad nature I generally find as a weak excuse for not building a character you only have one copy of if you are in need of the class.

6 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I asked a question in a separate thread as I didn't know where to ask. And then I learnt that this thread is for this and here I am. Here is a copy of my question.

I was pulling in the arrival of the brave Banner and my luck has been strange. 2 Veronicas one Ishtar and I am glad for these and my free pull was Ephraim. But after this I pulled a Shiro which is a bit wierd, I already have great blue units (BLucy, Ishtar, Hardin and let's forget about Fjorm) so I don't know what to do this Shiro. He also has bad IVs so I don't know how worth he to invest for the arena? Should I fodder him? What do you think I should do him?

Save him for Arena Assault and give him Glimmer/Moonbow-Swordbreaker. Further investment is not needed. What is his nature? -Atk/Def are probably his worst banes, but even then, he should still be usable in Arena Assault.

If you need to fodder him, I would prioritize Steady Stance over Def Tactic. Def Tactic is available as a Sacred Seal, so there is not much point in foddering that skill in my opinion unless you have a specific setup in mind.

Hey guys.

At the moment I have Nino and Eirika at 5*+10. I was working on getting merges for Nowi/Cordelia to have a blue unit to go along them, but for a while now I haven't seen more copies of them.

I have a lot of Caedas and Camillas, though. I was thinking that, since I'm bouncing between tiers 19 and 20 and facing a lot of armors, maybe I could give some more merges for Caeda and change a little the build of my Eirika (right now she has an AoE special, Dual rally, TAdept, SwordBreaker). 
Camilla doesn't appeal that much to me right now, since Nino covers blues and greens pretty well. 

I'm also at a point that I'm thinking about saving orbs to spend on legendary banners to try and get merges on my legendary heroes while also having a shot at some other 5*, since it's the best rate we have right now. I don't think I'll be able to get to 20 orbs again before this legendary banner ends, so I'm not doing many summons for a while.

I really don't know if I should hold feathers or start working on Caeda/Camilla...

39 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys.

At the moment I have Nino and Eirika at 5*+10. I was working on getting merges for Nowi/Cordelia to have a blue unit to go along them, but for a while now I haven't seen more copies of them.

I have a lot of Caedas and Camillas, though. I was thinking that, since I'm bouncing between tiers 19 and 20 and facing a lot of armors, maybe I could give some more merges for Caeda and change a little the build of my Eirika (right now she has an AoE special, Dual rally, TAdept, SwordBreaker). 
Camilla doesn't appeal that much to me right now, since Nino covers blues and greens pretty well. 

I'm also at a point that I'm thinking about saving orbs to spend on legendary banners to try and get merges on my legendary heroes while also having a shot at some other 5*, since it's the best rate we have right now. I don't think I'll be able to get to 20 orbs again before this legendary banner ends, so I'm not doing many summons for a while.

I really don't know if I should hold feathers or start working on Caeda/Camilla...

Caeda is a perfect pick for a unit to invest in. She's a great anti-meta unit and Eirika's Sieglinde greatly benefits Caeda. Camilla is also good as a dragon counter, but she shines the most on a team with at least one other flier.

As for summoning. I'd wait for a legendary banner with a certain good color. Look out for colors where all 3 units are good fodder or legendary heroes. Something like LH!Lucina's debut banner's blue was bad with Azura, but LHB Ryoma's debut had a very good blue selection with Fjorm, C!Robin and Hardin.

I'm summoning on this Leg Banner because Fjorm is a unit that I'd like to work on the long run getting merges. I also have Brave Lucina at +2 and she's a unit that I like and merges for her would be nice. Nephenee I could either merge or use as Wrath fodder. But my orbs are almost zero after CYL, so I'm doing full pulls to get a better rate.
Red has L!Marth, Green has Hector that could be DC fodder and colorless has L!Robin that I don't have yet and would like to get and Faye (never summoned her, could use Firesweep).

I'll try to get another full pull befor it ends and, if I don't manage to get Nowi/Cordelia, I'll get started on Caeda then. 

What is her best IV/build?

Thanks a lot, Silver =]

Edited by Rinco

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, having a bad nature I generally find as a weak excuse for not building a character you only have one copy of if you are in need of the class.

I mean, spread differences aren't too big between an 'average' unit and the 'best' unit of a certain class. Reinhardt is only half an IV shift better than Leo (3 Atk), and Cordelia only has 3 Spd on people like Hinoka, 5 spd on Est, and 4 Atk, 1 Spd on Catria, 5 Atk vs. Shanna, which are all less than a full IV shift.

A mediocre unit with good IVs will usually be better than the best unit with bad IVs, since stat spreads usually aren't too far apart. Investing in the best unit with bad IVs only makes sense if you're planning to merge them to +10 if they're 5*, since it takes a ton of pulls, on average, to get an ideal nature. Same for 4*s and below, if you're not planning to at least +1 the unit, it's better to just wait for a good IV copy rather than boosting up, say, neutral Nino only to fodder her later once you pull a good IV'd one.