"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@Pengaius use this thread for questions.

Regarding Silvia, I would go with [+Atk, -Res]. She still has ridiculously high Res anyways with -Res, and the only thing she is losing out on is that she is not as good at Ploying enemies. Dancers/Singers would generally run buffs instead anyways to support ally nukes, so it is not like she would be Ploying much anyways.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What staff are you guys putting on Ethlyn? I don't have the fodder to build another Wrathful/Dazzle combo on a healer, so I'll have to just go with the weapon refine. I was considering giving her Pain+ with Dazzle since chip damage may be her best bet, or should I just refine her Fear staff with Dazzle and call it a day? Just debuffing Atk seemed a little lacking, but maybe I'm wrong.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What staff are you guys putting on Ethlyn? I don't have the fodder to build another Wrathful/Dazzle combo on a healer, so I'll have to just go with the weapon refine. I was considering giving her Pain+ with Dazzle since chip damage may be her best bet, or should I just refine her Fear staff with Dazzle and call it a day? Just debuffing Atk seemed a little lacking, but maybe I'm wrong.

26 base def + 4 TT bonus + 5 bond skill active + 7 with Panic + 6 from Close Def = 48 def. Throw in buffs as well as speed boosts from different factors. She also heals herself with Live to Serve so self sustaining ability exists to be remain being a wall. Tough nut to crack if you ask me. Definitely one of the better TT rewards. Probably top 3 IMO, because of decent stats for her class class and good base kit

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I went with exactly that.

I guess I will too. I already have Elise and Maribelle with Gravity, so I can try out a real Pain build for the first time.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

26 base def + 4 TT bonus + 5 bond skill active + 7 with Panic + 6 from Close Def = 48 def. Throw in buffs as well as speed boosts from different factors. She also heals herself with Live to Serve so self sustaining ability exists to be remain being a wall. Tough nut to crack if you ask me. Definitely one of the better TT rewards. Probably top 3 IMO, because of decent stats for her class class and good base kit

She's going in my TT team ASAP once I level her. She's pretty nice, even for those like me who got Veronica. More Dazzle healers to bully armors in AA is never a bad thing.

31 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Next +10 project: Catria, Nino, Cecilia, or Priscilla? For some context, wrazzle-dazzle isn't an option due to fodder, and Catria is my favorite of them, but I already have a +10 Reinhardt for blue.

I would go with Nino. For Cecilia, since WOT!Olwen and LA!Lilina exist, I personally would build her as a Raven mage rather than a Blade mage, and Raven mages are fine staying at 4*+10 unless you need her for scoring or really like her.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Nino. For Cecilia, since WOT!Olwen and LA!Lilina exist, I personally would build her as a Raven mage rather than a Blade mage, and Raven mages are fine staying at 4*+10 unless you need her for scoring or really like her.

Alas, Olwen and Lilina aren't happening beyond maybe a single copy, if even that.

I really like all of them, and would possibly use whichever for scoring. I was going to start building an armor team to get up in AA, but I'm burned out on armors and don't like any of my easily available ones all that much; Sheena is the most and even she's at like a C+ on the favoritism scale. Nino probably is the most practical, but I like cavalry and fliers so much more than infantry. I'm being indecisive. Thanks for the input.

Edited by bottlegnomes

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless your Sigurd is -Spd, Sigurd should go with Moonbow. Sigurd is too fast to activate Bonfire consistently if he does not have -Spd.

Without Desperation Sacred Seal, Gunnthrá is better off with Death Blow right now and go for one shot builds since she cannot rely on Spd and Desperation for sustainability. You can run Desperation on the B slot, but that mean Gunnthrá will need to rely on her teammates more for debuffing the enemy.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sigurd should take Moonbow for single-round activation unless you're running the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

Gunnthra depends on what you're using her for and a bit on her nature. Death Blow increases her one-hit kill potential. Fury improves the number of opponents you can double and hit with Ploys.

Probably should've mention that my Sigurd is -SPD,+ATK & Gunthra is -DEF,+ATK.

Gunthra can OHKO the majority of FEH units?

9 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Zangetsu You can use QP with Bonfire to also proc in one battle if he doubles

My M!Lucina needs it more, but thanks for the input.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Gunthra can OHKO the majority of FEH units?

She can knock out units that are heavily debuffed. She pairs well with AOTB!Veronica, units with Chills or Ploys on their Weapons, and Brave units with Chills on their B slot.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

She can knock out units that are heavily debuffed. She pairs well with AOTB!Veronica, units with Chills or Ploys on their Weapons, and Brave units with Chills on their B slot.

AOT?

I should also mention I'm trying to avoid her (along with Sigurd) to not be a part of Horse Emblem

16 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

AOT?

I should also mention I'm trying to avoid her (along with Sigurd) to not be a part of Horse Emblem

AOTB = Arrival of the Braves.

XRay refers to the alts by the names of their banners.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

AOT?

Arrival of the Brave. I name alts after the Focus they appear in.

You can pair her with Katarina, Lilina, Lute, and Saias. They can Chill or Ploy things with their Weapons.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

XRay refers to the alts by the names of their banners.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Arrival of the Brave. I name alts after the Focus they appear in.

You can pair her with Katarina, Lilina, Lute, and Saias. They can Chill or Ploy things with their Weapons.

Well that makes sense.

Thanks for the answers guys

38 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

AOT?

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

"Attack of the Braves". Obviously.

54 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Probably should've mention that my Sigurd is -SPD,+ATK & Gunthra is -DEF,+ATK.

That shouldn't change my suggestions any.

Moonbow on Sigurd unless for some reason you're not giving him Spd buffs because Hone Cavalry makes it harder for him to be doubled. Bonfire if you're running the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

Death Blow or Fury are both fine for Gunnthra and depend on what you want her to do.

"Gunnthra" has 2 n's.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

That shouldn't change my suggestions any.

Moonbow on Sigurd unless for some reason you're not giving him Spd buffs because Hone Cavalry makes it harder for him to be doubled. Bonfire if you're running the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

Death Blow or Fury are both fine for Gunnthra and depend on what you want her to do.

"Gunnthra" has 2 n's.

Hey, I just got her. Excuse me for not able to remember a game that has over 250 characters. But again, thanks for the suggestion.

So, thanks to my most recent summoning session on the CYL banner, I got a +atk/-spd CYL Celica. How should I build her? I was thinking of giving her an armorsmasher to make use of that high atk. Also a different special. How does that sound?

33 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

So, thanks to my most recent summoning session on the CYL banner, I got a +atk/-spd CYL Celica. How should I build her? I was thinking of giving her an armorsmasher to make use of that high atk. Also a different special. How does that sound?

As always, it depends on what you need her to do. If you are whaling for her and running her on your Arena team, then Armorsmasher is fine if most of what you see are armor units. If you are only going with little to no merges or she is just used in Arena Assault, I would just leave her be with her default kit. 4*+10 units are more cost efficient at fulfilling anti armor roles in my opinion since you can rehaul their kit without spending much Feathers for premium skills.

Between +Atk, -Res and +Def, -Spd, CYL Ephraim would prefer the latter for more bulk, right? With Special Fighter active, he should be able to activate a 3 cooldown special every round of combat against someone who can counter and with Bonfire's scaling, he'd do more damage with it than with Draconic Aura and being +Atk. Also, his attack is already high as is, especially with Garm's +3 attack. That being said, having 60 total attack unmerged and being able to follow-up if he meets Garm's requirements could make the difference against units with higher defense that can't counter attack.

Edited by Kaden

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Between +Atk, -Res and +Def, -Spd, CYL Ephraim would prefer the latter for more bulk, right? With Special Fighter active, he should be able to activate a 3 cooldown special every round of combat against someone who can counter and with Bonfire's scaling, he'd do more damage with it than with Draconic Aura and being +Atk. Also, his attack is already high as is, especially with Garm's +3 attack. That being said, having 60 total attack unmerged and being able to follow-up if he meets Garm's requirements could make the difference against units with higher defense that can't counter attack.

Personally I take +Atk on almost everyone, and almost never take -Spd. (Unless it's a choice between -Spd or -Atk, which usually ends up -Spd.) For Ephraim, he has a really good way of stopping doubles by just OHKOing with a special proc. Special Fighter is a Breath Effect* (which makes it really weird that he has a 3cd special), meaning you can choose between going with a 2CD to try and stop mages from doubling, or going with a 4CD to stop brave doubles.

*Don't have him myself, going from the wiki.

I also don't like taking -spd on armors, since they're sometimes slow enough to get doubled by Reinhardt. (Just because you're green and an armor doesn't mean you live through Reinhardt doubling you.) Mind, I'm usually the one with the Reinhardt doing the doubling---maybe it looks better from the armor's point of view.

Edited by DehNutCase

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I would go with [+Def, -Spd].

Armor units do not want to lose any bulk, and generally wants to be doubled to activate a stronger Special.

Enemy Phase armor units also generally want to have a +Def/Res boon to allow them to better survive being doubled with neutral match ups in order to complete their second follow up attack for more damage. +Atk is fine if the unit is only going to advantageous match ups, but it is less useful on neutral matchups when enemies have a much higher chance of killing the unit on the second hit, rendering +Atk for more dealing more damage pointless.

For Player Phase, [+Atk, -Res] is better, but since AOTB!Ephraim is an armor unit, I think he will do most of his combat on Enemy Phase rather than Player Phase.

So I have now 2 Ares, one is [+Spd, -Res], the other [+Atk, -Spd]. Which one would be better to build or should I wait?

The way Ares works (IIRC) is to somehow get him to trigger his Special which will trigger Dark Mystletainn's effect to recharge it immediately. Ideally, 3-turn Specials like Bonfire or Draconic Aura are perfect for him with, the Slaying effect of Mystletainn reducing their cooldown to 2.
Based on that Atk seems overall better as you want to maximize his 1-shot potential. Question is how important is Spd for Ares? I don't think 30 Spd is particularly good and even with the boon he only gets to 42 Spd with Speed+ Seal and Hone Cavalry buff.

2 minutes ago, The Priest said:

So I have now 2 Ares, one is [+Spd, -Res], the other [+Atk, -Spd]. Which one would be better to build or should I wait?

The way Ares works (IIRC) is to somehow get him to trigger his Special which will trigger Dark Mystletainn's effect to recharge it immediately. Ideally, 3-turn Specials like Bonfire or Draconic Aura are perfect for him with, the Slaying effect of Mystletainn reducing their cooldown to 2.
Based on that Atk seems overall better as you want to maximize his 1-shot potential. Question is how important is Spd for Ares? I don't think 30 Spd is particularly good and even with the boon he only gets to 42 Spd with Speed+ Seal and Hone Cavalry buff.

+Spd works for specific builds, but it's typically better to run +Atk even if he's -Spd (though -Res would be most preferred). It seems +Atk has slightly better performance for both of his common builds (Bonfire/Draconic Aura and Blazing Flame/Thunder/Wind/Light), though it's a bit less pronounced for the Bonfire/Draconic Aura build.

Two copies of Nina on my alt. +Spd -Atk and +Res -Spd. Obviously far from ideal IVs, but I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemon IVs.

Do I go with the first and hope I don't face mixed tanks and balanced-defense speedsters, or do I go with the second and throw on the Speed Ploy seal to try to make up the difference?