"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Only problem for Clair is the lack of red armor and horse units roaming arena right now, but Zelgius is so dominant that he makes up for there being a lack of red armors as well as having someone who can deal with Black Luna more safely. All of the blue armors aren't something that Clair has that much of a problem with as well as all lance cavs being easy to deal with her speed and weapon. I've also seen a pretty nice deft harpoon build, but my phone battery went to heaven so that screenshot is gone forever

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Faellin said:

If i'm playing on an emulator, will it be possible to transfer my save file over to a normal device when I get one?

Or will I have to start completely over if I get a proper phone?

You can transfer your save over if you link your Heroes account to a Nintendo account.

If you do not wish to link it to a Nintendo account, you will have to start over.

8 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Whats a good build for summer Corrin and Camilla? Summer corrins skill seem pretty meh and camilla has some good ones but not sure what else she could benefit from.

You can give NS!F!Corrin a Blade build. ASS!Camilla can stick with her default tome to leave her B slot open for whatever your team needs, but she can also run a Blade build too like NS!F!Corrin.

Personally, I would just give both Blade builds and with Fury as the A slot. You can go with Life and Death or more expensive options like Swift Sparrow, but Fury helps them reach Desperation range without eating counter attacks.

Would like an opinion please :) This in re: promotion to 5 star units. 

Option 1:
Cordy!Firesweep Mode.
I have 1 Cordelia at 40 (4*). I can Upgrade her (20k), Upgrade my 4 Star Roderick (20K), and then get her going to 5*., giving me time to get some feathers to recoup the loss (somewhat), work on the other Cordelias etc etc. 

or. 
Don't bother with the Firesweep Lance right yet - just upgrade Cordelia 1 for a winged Lance option. 

Option 2. 
Upgrade 1 Cherche or 1 Frederick. or 1 Raven
I do have a Minerva so i am covered in the air already - but i don't have an axe 5 star unit that's not Armour. so having an infantry Axe user that's not Azura would be helpful. I feel either option would be good.

Option 3. 
LA!Roy to Brave Mode. 
Upgrade Klein for his Brave bow. (I'm not sure when Bridal Cordelia will be available or if i'll even be lucky to get her). I don't know if Jamke/Jeorge is better than Klein - but like the green situation - I don't have any 5* Archers who are infantry (I do have one Gold Legulat/1 Silver Legault, and 1 Gold PA Olivia who is weirdly tanky). 

Option 4. 
Promote 1 of above + Promote Chrom for Ather for L Tiki. 
for major carnage and destruction. (I already gave my Tiki Bonfire for a budget option so this one can wait, but again, wanted to give everyone all the details) 

thanks in advance :) 

6 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I just rolled a tome Reinhardt with a +speed -defense IV.

I know its not optimal, but is it atleast salvagable? Or should I attempt to roll a better one?

Build him and wait for a better one to use as a merge base. A decent Reinhardt is better than no Reinhardt, and one of my friends swears upon his +Spd Reinhardt that has doubled things or avoided doubles that the standard -Spd Reinhardt would have failed against.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Build him and wait for a better one to use as a merge base. A decent Reinhardt is better than no Reinhardt, and one of my friends swears upon his +Spd Reinhardt that has doubled things or avoided doubles that the standard -Spd Reinhardt would have failed against.

Personally I don't run -Spd ever, and I find it very unlikely that Rein has more use for 3 res than 3 speed, considering 3 res is literally useless half the time. That said, I also find it unlikely that Rein ever has more use for 3 speed than 3 Atk, considering how good Atk is as a stat---the blade tome variant might prefer speed, but -blade is a whole mess of itself.

That is, +Atk is better than +Spd, but I would say +Spd/-Res is still the best IV outside +Atk. (-Res because Rein loses 4 Def for a -Def bane, and hp is still hp. If Rein's fighting 'down' -hp would be better than -Res, though, since he can rely on his good bulk pretend to be a 3 move armor.)

From a meta perspective it's because everyone near Rein's speed tier likes to take -spd* (meaning he gets a lot of freebies if he don't take -spd), but even ignoring that Rein has a fairly simple time getting access to a ton of speed---L&D is 5 Spd for 1 Atk, -blade over DT is 5 Spd, Hone is 6 Spd, Ally Support is 2 Spd if you have a high mobility team, etc. If I ever stop being such a miser about skill choices I might try out some Drive Speed or Drive Atk builds to see which one is better to take, but honestly drive skills are a bit too much effort in return for their returns---I'm willing to jump through hoops for Ally Support, but Ally Support doesn't cost a skill slot.

*Again, though, I pretty much never do this unless I simply don't have other IV options available. Low speed units don't care about getting doubled by high speed units, but they very much care about getting doubled by low speed units---since low speed units have the bulk to survive a single hit from other low speed units, and the Atk to double other low speed units to death.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

I just rolled a tome Reinhardt with a +speed -defense IV.

I know its not optimal, but is it atleast salvagable? Or should I attempt to roll a better one?

For future reference, -HP/Def/Res is better than -Spd for PVE content in my opinion. With Hone Cavalry, my Reinhardt [+Atk, -HP] is able to quad armor units, he is +10 though.

In Arena, as long as Reinhardt is +Atk, it does not matter what bane he takes.

what apps are people using to record gameplay that includes internal audio (+no watermark or not an intrusive one) and did you have to pay for it?

clarification: for android

Edited by wizzard of soz

20 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Hey so i have a 4 star takumi and i want my veronica to inherit his distant counter skill but it wont give me the option. Do i have to make takumi a 5 star for distant counter to be inheritable? 

Yes, Close Counter (which is what you meant) is only available from a 5★ Takumi.

Just got a 5 star Laevatein from my free roll out of the latest banner. And from the looks of it, her IV's came up +res -def.

Is this bad for her? Or can it be salvaged with the right build? Normally i'm not the kind to try and dig for perfect units, its just this specific setup has me a bit nervous, as long as she isn't gimped to oblivion with this, I can make it work.

Edited by Faellin

5 hours ago, Faellin said:

Just got a 5 star Laevatein from my free roll out of the latest banner. And from the looks of it, her IV's came up +res -def.

Is this bad for her? Or can it be salvaged with the right build? Normally i'm not the kind to try and dig for perfect units, its just this specific setup has me a bit nervous, as long as she isn't gimped to oblivion with this, I can make it work.

It is fine. For most units, as long as Atk and Spd are not banes, the unit performs similarly to a neutral unit.

In my opinion, natures do not really affect a unit's build. If you need a nuke, tank, counter, or what ever niche role you need fulfilled, you are going to build that role no matter what nature the unit is and the optimal skill set will always be the same cookie cutter builds or some variation of it.

Edited by XRay

I was lucky and pulled a free Lute. Any recommended A-Skills that are better than her base? I'm planning on running her as a Desperation set with Iceberg. She is -HP, though and her A does boost HP but IDK if that should matter much since she's gonna have Desperation~

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was lucky and pulled a free Lute. Any recommended A-Skills that are better than her base? I'm planning on running her as a Desperation set with Iceberg. She is -HP, though and her A does boost HP but IDK if that should matter much since she's gonna have Desperation~

I would go with Moonbow-Fury/Swift Sparrow so she can activate a Special during her first round of combat.

I do not recommend Life and Death unless you do not plan on using her Ploy abilities.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Moonbow-Fury/Swift Sparrow so she can activate a Special during her first round of combat.

I do not recommend Life and Death unless you do not plan on using her Ploy abilities.

OK, I have been saving an extra Ishtar so I may give her Swift Sparrow~

10 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

what apps are people using to record gameplay that includes internal audio (+no watermark or not an intrusive one) and did you have to pay for it?

clarification: for android

Android policies prevent apps from recording internal audio. There is a solution for Samsung devices, otherwise you have to use a hardware solution or to root your device. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Android policies prevent apps from recording internal audio. There is a solution for Samsung devices, otherwise you have to use a hardware solution or to root your device. 

i have samsung. i know there is one app that has a workaround but you have to pay to get rid of the hugeass watermark. def not gonna root my device again. guess there's not much else then? )8

Edited by wizzard of soz

I need help deciding what refine I should choose for Berkut Lance. I'm using a Florina with berkut lance and I can't decide (her nature is +atk/-spd and i do plan to merge her once i get the chance), i'm torn between the one that increases might and the one that increases defense.

Thanks to her being S supported she'd have the following stats with each refine:

+MT:

52 HP

50 ATK

26 SPD

27 DEF

36 RES

+DEF:

52 HP

48 ATK

26 SPD

31 DEF

36 RES

Btw my set is (or at least is gonna be):

Berkut's lance+

Reposition

Glacies

Distant Counter

Quick Riposte 3

Breath of Life 3

Distant Def 3

Now, the def refine would make a her a fine mixed wall and with the merging i'm going to do she could reach 34/35 def (not sure how exactly the boost in merging work) and she'd get 51/52 atk, on the flip side she'd still get 30 def or over with the +MT refine and have a decent attack stat of 53/54. I'd appricate any help

Seeing Sonya show up on the new banner reminded me that I have a pity-breaker Sonya from the original Performing Arts banner. The one I have is +atk -spd, and I've managed to work with it, but never really bothered to give much thought to her skills. Now, I'm not going to try pulling another Sonya, since getting the +spd not -atk is too slim, but I'm going to seriously consider building the one I have.

+atk -spd Sonya is kind of similar to my Sanaki and my Lilina, both of whom I use differently. Sanaki has massive res and I had extra distant defense a while ago, so she is an EP tank with QR and distant defense and just tanks magic on the enemy phase. Lilina got her unique death blow refine and tries to 1-shot things instead. Since -spd Sonya lacks speed and the special death blow refine Lilina has, should I give her one of my distant defenses from the GHB Garon and build her like Sanaki?

4 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

i have samsung. i know there is one app that has a workaround but you have to pay to get rid of the hugeass watermark. def not gonna root my device again. guess there's not much else then? )8

Can't tell you much about the Samsung solution since I'm a Motorola customer. The other solution would be to set up an Android emulator on your PC which comes with root: 

4 hours ago, Kubson said:

I need help deciding what refine I should choose for Berkut Lance. I'm using a Florina with berkut lance and I can't decide (her nature is +atk/-spd and i do plan to merge her once i get the chance), i'm torn between the one that increases might and the one that increases defense.

Thanks to her being S supported she'd have the following stats with each refine:

+MT:

52 HP

50 ATK

26 SPD

27 DEF

36 RES

+DEF:

52 HP

48 ATK

26 SPD

31 DEF

36 RES

Btw my set is (or at least is gonna be):

Berkut's lance+

Reposition

Glacies

Distant Counter

Quick Riposte 3

Breath of Life 3

Distant Def 3

Now, the def refine would make a her a fine mixed wall and with the merging i'm going to do she could reach 34/35 def (not sure how exactly the boost in merging work) and she'd get 51/52 atk, on the flip side she'd still get 30 def or over with the +MT refine and have a decent attack stat of 53/54. I'd appricate any help

I assume this is for Arena and Florina will be facing more than just red units. In that case, Def/Res tanks generally always go for more Def/Res. Whatever you are losing out on Atk is made up for by surviving tougher enemies so the tank can double to counter with a trigger. +Atk would not do the unit any good if the unit dies on the second hit, making +Atk a moot boon against tougher enemies.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Seeing Sonya show up on the new banner reminded me that I have a pity-breaker Sonya from the original Performing Arts banner. The one I have is +atk -spd, and I've managed to work with it, but never really bothered to give much thought to her skills. Now, I'm not going to try pulling another Sonya, since getting the +spd not -atk is too slim, but I'm going to seriously consider building the one I have.

+atk -spd Sonya is kind of similar to my Sanaki and my Lilina, both of whom I use differently. Sanaki has massive res and I had extra distant defense a while ago, so she is an EP tank with QR and distant defense and just tanks magic on the enemy phase. Lilina got her unique death blow refine and tries to 1-shot things instead. Since -spd Sonya lacks speed and the special death blow refine Lilina has, should I give her one of my distant defenses from the GHB Garon and build her like Sanaki?

I would build Sonya like Sanaki unless you plan to give Sonya Gronnblade. What makes Lilina a viable one shot nuke is that she gets additional Atk from Forblaze. One shot nukes pretty much need their entire kit devoted to Atk stacking to be viable. Sonya cannot get enough Atk stacking without Gronnblade.

Sanaki has massive res and I had extra distant defense a while ago, so she is an EP tank with QR and distant defense and just tanks magic on the enemy phase.

should I give her one of my distant defenses from the GHB Garon and build her like Sanaki?

I recommend just sticking with Triangle Adept since it is cheap and reliable even if it might not have the best coverage. The coverage is only necessary in my opinion if you use them often enough in Arena. I would save Distant Def for your Arena core, Arena Assault Team 1, or favorite characters.

I just got a duplicate Brave Lyn (+def -attack), who is vastly inferior to my original one (+attack -res).

Should I merge this duplicate into my main one for the free stats, or use it to give the swift sparrow skill to someone who could benefit from it? (Currently building up Laegjarn, and one of my friends mentioned she does pretty well with it)

52 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I just got a duplicate Brave Lyn (+def -attack), who is vastly inferior to my original one (+attack -res).

Should I merge this duplicate into my main one for the free stats, or use it to give the swift sparrow skill to someone who could benefit from it? (Currently building up Laegjarn, and one of my friends mentioned she does pretty well with it)

I would personally go with Life and Death on Laegjarn since she does not need that much bulk unless you plan to use her on Enemy Phase or something.

For BH!Lyn, I would merge or save Swift Sparrow for a more fragile unit, like ranged nukes.

Edited by XRay