"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Rhubarb said:

They'll likely re-run the old Halloween Banner this year: is H!Henry still worth pursuing besides being a favorite character? I currently have him at +6, and wonder if +10ing him would be a good idea.

Halloween Henry hasn't aged quite as well as other green armors, mostly because green is absolutely stacked with monsters (half of whom are named Hector, pun not originally intended, but might as well), so I'd rate him more closer to an "if you have the resources" priority.

Halloween Kagero does most of what Henry does better, but Henry does notably have access to some toys that she doesn't have, like Gronnowl, Gronnblade, and enough Spd to viably use Special Fighter. Also more Res for landing Ploys if that's your thing.

And if you already have Henry at +6 and you're actually aiming for +10's, Henry will get there faster than Kagero.

Grima has this annoying property that he flat out dies to Legendary Tiki if he isn't running Bold Fighter and initiating combat, which is kind of a huge problem if he is the only green unit on your team.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Halloween Henry hasn't aged quite as well as other green armors, mostly because green is absolutely stacked with monsters (half of whom are named Hector, pun not originally intended, but might as well), so I'd rate him more closer to an "if you have the resources" priority.

In that case, how does HHalloween Henry compare as a mage than a green armor?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Halloween Kagero does most of what Henry does better, but Henry does notably have access to some toys that she doesn't have, like Gronnowl, Gronnblade, and enough Spd to viably use Special Fighter. Also more Res for landing Ploys if that's your thing.

And if you already have Henry at +6 and you're actually aiming for +10's, Henry will get there faster than Kagero.

Grima has this annoying property that he flat out dies to Legendary Tiki if he isn't running Bold Fighter and initiating combat, which is kind of a huge problem if he is the only green unit on your team.

The Grima thing was certainly something I had concerns with!  With L. Tiki, I can down her, but it leaves Grima weak, which can be a problem if there's other things his color can be used to easily take care of. Since most of these armors have a weak spot in Res, Henry seemed like a good option, but...

Once again, thanks -Really appreciate the pro's and con list! I've got some real considerations to make before Halloweens over

18 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

So Raven or Michalis? I have 15, 5 Star red guys and 11 5 Star blue guys but only 5 Green star guys. Just seeing if one unit is clearly better. Both seem good with there specialty weapons as well.

If you don't mind that Michalis is a GHB, they're both good. It might depend on what green 5 stars you already have, to see whether you need a strong fast axe user or a strong tanky axe user more.

--

I pulled a -hp +def Mia, witch refine should I give her? Dazzling seems to complement her weapon better, but her defences are good enough that she might not need it.

16 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

So Raven or Michalis? I have 15, 5 Star red guys and 11 5 Star blue guys but only 5 Green star guys. Just seeing if one unit is clearly better. Both seem good with there specialty weapons as well.

Raven and Michalis do different things. Raven is primarily a Player Phase unit while Michalis is primarily an Enemy Phase unit. You can also run Raven as an Enemy Phase unit with a Spd tank build, but Raven is the best Player Phase axe infantry with his 34/35 offensive stat spread, so I rather have someone else run a Spd tank build instead. The closest rival would be Legion, but he is limited and requires more investment.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I pulled a -hp +def Mia, witch refine should I give her? Dazzling seems to complement her weapon better, but her defences are good enough that she might not need it.

If you cannot afford Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff on her B slot, you can either turn her into a regular nuke with Wrathful Staff Refinement with Desperation on the B slot, or turn her more into a support unit with Dazzling Staff Refinement with Chills or movement skills on the B slot.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you cannot afford Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff on her B slot, you can either turn her into a regular nuke with Wrathful Staff Refinement with Desperation on the B slot, or turn her more into a support unit with Dazzling Staff Refinement with Chills or movement skills on the B slot.

Thanks for your quick reply. The former doesn't appeal to me, the latter sounds good but I can't afford any Chills either. I'll use her a bit and see whether I want to use my Cain.

1 hour ago, Zihark11 said:

Like @XRay wrote, both fill different roles.

Not only in sense of Enemy Phase unit (Michalis) or Player Phase unit (Raven), but also their movement types make a difference. For me it would depend on what other green 5 star units you have got to decide which niche is still empty in your roster.

If you don't have a green Flyer at 5* for example, Michalis would be a good choice (my first 5* promotion btw.), but he has got strong competition in Cherche. 

So, I have a question:

I've pulled a Brave Ephraim off the Hallow'een banner and he's got +Res/-Def. Should I use him as my base (Merging on the neutral I picked off the choose a free CYL unit) because he's got 175 BST, or should I fodder him off and if that who benefits most from Special Fighter?

Currently considering pulling H!Niles, but not sure if it's worth it with already having a H!Jakob that can BF and turtle if need be.

I've read that H!Niles can be especially great (possibly better?) with Special fighter and Bold Fighter,  but his bulk and color WTA dependencies make me think that's not exactly the case. Any thought from experts? Is he going to be slaying any key units?

It helps that H!Niles is not blocked  by another unit. I like Neko Sakura, but pulling 6 over  3 Jakob in 2017 + was not a great feeling haha.  

Edited by Rhubarb

Have 2 Halloween Mias, One Neutral and one with +Spd, -Atk, any  recommendations on what should be the merge base? I had flat out assumed the neutral one but some people on discord were thinking the +Spd, -Atk one might be better. Any advice?

Edited by BaronKrause

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, I have a question:

I've pulled a Brave Ephraim off the Hallow'een banner and he's got +Res/-Def. Should I use him as my base (Merging on the neutral I picked off the choose a free CYL unit) because he's got 175 BST, or should I fodder him off and if that who benefits most from Special Fighter?

Increasing your scoring bin by one bracket does not really increase your score that much, and I do not think it is even noticeable at all.

I would personally prioritize better combat natures over better scoring natures. In the current meta, you might even want to have a crappy nature like [+HP, -Atk] to help feed kills to your bonus unit.

3 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

Currently considering pulling H!Niles, but not sure if it's worth it with already having a H!Jakob that can BF and turtle if need be.

I've read that H!Niles can be especially great (possibly better?) with Special fighter and Bold Fighter,  but his bulk and color WTA dependencies make me think that's not exactly the case. Any thought from experts? Is he going to be slaying any key units?

It helps that H!Niles is not blocked  by another unit. I like Neko Sakura, but pulling 6 over  3 Jakob in 2017 + was not a great feeling haha.  

I prefer TOD!Jakob over LB!Niles too, but LB!Niles can run Firesweep Bow without needing Bold Fighter, so he is a bit cheaper to build overall.

On Enemy Phase however, I prefer LB!Niles since he has a color and can tank reds. TOD!Jakob can tank everyone equally, but as a tank, it is better to be specialized against a color to further reduce damage. Having a weakness to another color is not a huge issue since no competent player would match a blue tank to green enemy nuke, so having a weakness is barely a downside when that weakness is not going to be exposed to the enemy in the first place.

2 hours ago, BaronKrause said:

Have 2 Halloween Mias, One Neutral and one with +Spd, -Atk, any  recommendations on what should be the merge base? I had flat out assumed the neutral one but some people on discord were thinking the +Spd, -Atk one might be better. Any advice?

For combat performance, [+Spd, -Atk] is usually, but not always, better than neutral. Being able to double practically doubles your damage. However, since LB!Mia's Atk is low to begin with, you may want to double check the calculator since doubling your damage does nothing if you hit 0s and 1s.

I personally lean a little towards neutral, but I would double check just to be sure.

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Like @XRay wrote, both fill different roles.

Not only in sense of Enemy Phase unit (Michalis) or Player Phase unit (Raven), but also their movement types make a difference. For me it would depend on what other green 5 star units you have got to decide which niche is still empty in your roster.

If you don't have a green Flyer at 5* for example, Michalis would be a good choice (my first 5* promotion btw.), but he has got strong competition in Cherche. 

Ive got 5 star Dorcas, Ike, Fae, Hector and Nino. i alos have an extra ike (lvl 1) and a lvl 20 Boey (will level eventually).

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Raven and Michalis do different things. Raven is primarily a Player Phase unit while Michalis is primarily an Enemy Phase unit. You can also run Raven as an Enemy Phase unit with a Spd tank build, but Raven is the best Player Phase axe infantry with his 34/35 offensive stat spread, so I rather have someone else run a Spd tank build instead. The closest rival would be Legion, but he is limited and requires more investment.

im usually a more cautious player in everything i do in general so the idea of an Enemy phase unit appeals to me. 

9 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If you don't mind that Michalis is a GHB, they're both good. It might depend on what green 5 stars you already have, to see whether you need a strong fast axe user or a strong tanky axe user more.

--

Ive got 5 star Dorcas, Ike, Fae, Hector and Nino. i alos have an extra ike (lvl 1) and a lvl 20 Boey (will level eventually).

9 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

im usually a more cautious player in everything i do in general so the idea of an Enemy phase unit appeals to me. 

In that case both would be good additions to your roster. Michalis is an EP unit which fits your play-style and would be your first green Flier. Fliers with Reposition (and/or Guidance) will give your other units additional mobility. 

On the other hand you already have got a lot of green EP units, so Raven would be your first physical PP green. Being a cautious player doesn't necessarily exclude offensive tactics. Hit & Run is easily realized with the right skills. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

In that case both would be good additions to your roster. Michalis is an EP unit which fits your play-style and would be your first green Flier. Fliers with Reposition (and/or Guidance) will give your other units additional mobility. 

On the other hand you already have got a lot of green EP units, so Raven would be your first physical PP green. Being a cautious player doesn't necessarily exclude offensive tactics. Hit & Run is easily realized with the right skills. 

yeah. im working on some of the chain challenges now so i should get enough feathers for both now. plus that deal that just came out, but 21 orbs get 6,000 feathers "free".

Morgan 1:  HP 37/ATK 46/SPD 30/DEF 19/RES 30
Morgan 2:  HP 37/ATK 46/SPD 27/DEF/16/RES 36

If i merge 1 into 2  I get 1 attack and 1 hp
if i merge 2 into 1 I get 1 hp and 1 res

her best ivs is being +atk and +res and HP dump
so either way  the HP is gonna hurt a bit. so it makes more sense to move 2 into 1. that's what i gathered anyway - that is right?
(Right now, morgan is running her basic tool kit).  

(and with my mia - i'm only getting 1+ speed. because vantage and her might works a lot, would be benefical to drop her down 4 HP units to 34), or keep her high res and def and she gains another HP point). thans in advance :) (mia has a basic tool kit too).

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

so either way  the HP is gonna hurt a bit. so it makes more sense to move 2 into 1. that's what i gathered anyway - that is right?

A few things to think about:

• Morgan 1 is +Def/-Res, and Def is probably her least valuable stat, while Res is a really important one for her
  • Morgan 2 is +Res/-Spd, and while extra Spd is important, Morgan's natural skills give her great protection from the kinds of units she should be fighting, even if she's doubled
  • With extra Res, you can better utilize the Ploy skills in the seal slot (particularly Res or Spd), which can help make up for shortcomings in other stats
  • Her Spd is pretty mediocre regardless without replacing most of her skills
  • On the flipside, it's easy to get Fortify Fliers (Caeda comes with it) to provide her some extra Res, though that won't apply to her use of Ploy skills

With that in mind, I'd lean towards Morgan 2 myself, but ultimately I think neither is really ideal and you'll run into situations where either would have an issue

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

(and with my mia - i'm only getting 1+ speed. because vantage and her might works a lot, would be benefical to drop her down 4 HP units to 34), or keep her high res and def and she gains another HP point). thans in advance :) (mia has a basic tool kit too).

What are the stats? This is the sword version of Mia, right?

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

A few things to think about:

• Morgan 1 is +Def/-Res, and Def is probably her least valuable stat, while Res is a really important one for her
  • Morgan 2 is +Res/-Spd, and while extra Spd is important, Morgan's natural skills give her great protection from the kinds of units she should be fighting, even if she's doubled
  • With extra Res, you can better utilize the Ploy skills in the seal slot (particularly Res or Spd), which can help make up for shortcomings in other stats
  • Her Spd is pretty mediocre regardless without replacing most of her skills
  • On the flipside, it's easy to get Fortify Fliers (Caeda comes with it) to provide her some extra Res, though that won't apply to her use of Ploy skills

With that in mind, I'd lean towards Morgan 2 myself, but ultimately I think neither is really ideal and you'll run into situations where either would have an issue

What are the stats? This is the sword version of Mia, right?

That's what i was thinking too. 2 into 1. (and then hope to be lucky when pulling more blues). 
Here are the mia stats (and yes - Sword Mia)

On 10/7/2018 at 5:13 PM, daisy jane said:

Mia 1: HP 38/Atk 51/Spd 40/Def: 24/Res 29
Mia 2: HP 34/Atk 54/Spd 40/Def: 28/Res 25

:)

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

That's what i was thinking too. 2 into 1. (and then hope to be lucky when pulling more blues). 

Oh haha I meant the other way around, feed 1 into 2, and keep all that Res. Still, since her tome can be refined, you can get 3 more Res or 2 more Spd anyway, so she'll probably be ok. She really excels at being a wall against mages regardless.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Here are the mia stats (and yes - Sword Mia)

Ah ok, I missed that post, whoops! I'd keep Mia 2, the lower HP could actually work in her favor for activating HP based skills like Vantage or Desperation sooner, which she's well suited for.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh haha I meant the other way around, feed 1 into 2, and keep all that Res. Still, since her tome can be refined, you can get 3 more Res or 2 more Spd anyway, so she'll probably be ok. She really excels at being a wall against mages regardless.

Ah ok, I missed that post, whoops! I'd keep Mia 2, the lower HP could actually work in her favor for activating HP based skills like Vantage or Desperation sooner, which she's well suited for.

LOL okay. 
1 into 2, keep the res
2 into 1 (that's also what i was thinking), because Mia's more dangerous with vantage. just wanted to get the vote of that's what's what. :)

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I agree with @Johann and I would go with [+Res, -Spd]. -Spd is kind of bad since she can avoid a lot of doubles if she Spd stacks, but until you get a better copy, you can treat her as a slow Res tank and intentionally let her get doubled so she can trigger Iceberg every round. As a Res tank, she cannot reliably handle Ishtar nor Blárblade mages, but she should have no problem against Celica and WE!Tharja (as long as she is not running a Player Phase set with buffed Rauðrblade on top of Bold Fighter). Her default kit is fine as is, so you can just give her Res Refinement along with Quick Riposte Sacred Seal.

For Mia, I also recommend replacing her Flashing Blade with Fury if you have not done so yet. Fury gives her more stats and drops her HP more safely. If you want Flashing Blade on her, I recommend using Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. Mia can hit a minimum 67 Atk (35+16+3+10+3) when Special activates, and with Moonbow (assuming average Def of 30), she should hit about 76 damage, which is okay for a Vantage build; however, be aware that she will not always have Moonbow ready so she is not exactly reliable or consistent, so be careful of using her against bulky opponents when she is at low health.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree with @Johann and I would go with [+Res, -Spd]. -Spd is kind of bad since she can avoid a lot of doubles if she Spd stacks, but until you get a better copy, you can treat her as a slow Res tank and intentionally let her get doubled so she can trigger Iceberg every round. As a Res tank, she cannot reliably handle Ishtar nor Blárblade mages, but she should have no problem against Celica and WE!Tharja (as long as she is not running a Player Phase set with buffed Rauðrblade on top of Bold Fighter). Her default kit is fine as is, so you can just give her Res Refinement along with Quick Riposte Sacred Seal.

For Mia, I also recommend replacing her Flashing Blade with Fury if you have not done so yet. Fury gives her more stats and drops her HP more safely. If you want Flashing Blade on her, I recommend using Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. Mia can hit a minimum 67 Atk (35+16+3+10+3) when Special activates, and with Moonbow (assuming average Def of 30), she should hit about 76 damage, which is okay for a Vantage build; however, be aware that she will not always have Moonbow ready so she is not exactly reliable or consistent, so be careful of using her against bulky opponents when she is at low health.

oh thanks! (and i have a tonne! of fury skills).
So what i just drop her down from Flashing Blade to her Wo Dao sword?
My mia doens't have moonbow. she has luna. (i think). so i should give her moonbow?I

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oh thanks! (and i have a tonne! of fury skills).
So what i just drop her down from Flashing Blade to her Wo Dao sword?
My mia doens't have moonbow. she has luna. (i think). so i should give her moonbow?I

Basically like this:

Weapon: Resolute Blade
Assist: (any; I prefer Swap or Reposition)
Special: Moonbow
A: Fury
B: Vantage
C: (any)
Sacred Seal: Flashing Blade

So I would basically swap out Luna and Fashing Blade for Moonbow and Fury respectively. Under ideal circumstances, Moonbow in conjunction with Flashing Blade Sacred Seal will give her more frequent Special activation. Luna takes too long to charge as it has 3 cooldown instead of 2.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Basically like this:

Weapon: Resolute Blade
Assist: (any; I prefer Swap or Reposition)
Special: Moonbow
A: Fury
B: Vantage
C: (any)
Sacred Seal: Flashing Blade

So I would basically swap out Luna and Fashing Blade for Moonbow and Fury respectively. Under ideal circumstances, Moonbow in conjunction with Flashing Blade Sacred Seal will give her more frequent Special activation. Luna takes too long to charge as it has 3 cooldown instead of 2.

okay thanks, i'll see if i can do that. 
I have swap as well - i'm really low on repositions, and I got some cains today  so i can sacrifice Palla's moonbow. 
I don't think i have the flashing blade seal though. i'll check when i get at home.