"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, where could I possibly show off this build I'm excited about? Do I need to just keep it to myself, since I can't fulfill the rules in the Heroes Analysis section, which is where you're supposed to share build concepts for specific characters?

From the rules and guidelines thread:

On 11/22/2017 at 4:24 PM, Ice Dragon said:

It's perfectly acceptable to create a thread highlighting one specific build if it is noteworthy or novel enough to deserve its own thread. Be sure to indicate that you're specifically highlighting that one specific build, though.

Feel free to still use the analysis section to show off novel builds. The index thread has links out to two single-build highlights for Amelia and Cherche, for example. I wouldn't really mind a few threads in there for "here's some crazy thing you can do with X and still get away with it" or "this build kills every version of Hector four times over".

If that seems a bit out of the way (because it is) or you're looking for something more low-key, the biggest projects thread is generally the place to boast about things you've been doing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

From the rules and guidelines thread:

Feel free to still use the analysis section to show off novel builds. The index thread has links out to two single-build highlights for Amelia and Cherche, for example. I wouldn't really mind a few threads in there for "here's some crazy thing you can do with X and still get away with it" or "this build kills every version of Hector four times over".

If that seems a bit out of the way (because it is) or you're looking for something more low-key, the biggest projects thread is generally the place to boast about things you've been doing.

Ah, I see. Here, I thought you still had to follow the other things on the list if you were making a thread at all. Like, these are things I wouldn't be able to do:

• Indicate the purpose of the build. This doesn't need to mention a game mode specifically, but anything that isn't meant to be used in an Arena or Arena Assault setting should probably say so.
    • For example, the Falchion medic template should indicate that it is meant for use in reinforcement maps and game modes with multiple maps in a row.
  • Indicate the strengths and weaknesses of the build.
    • In particular, highlight opponents that the build cannot handle or handle poorly even with weapon triangle advantage.
  • Not every player has access to everything. Give alternative options if they are still viable.
    • Obviously, do you don't need to do this if a skill has no alternative that serves the same purpose, like Distant Counter or Steady Breath.
  • Keep in mind other player's play styles and don't close any doors that don't need to be closed.

To all of which I'm all "I...can't discern the difference between any of these things..."

So, you're saying I can just write the build I have and stick it up in its own thread?

16 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

To all of which I'm all "I...can't discern the difference between any of these things..."

So, you're saying I can just write the build I have and stick it up in its own thread?

I don't know what the build is exactly, but for your Soren example, as long as you talk about what skills to give him or his teammates to make him as fast as possible it should be fine.

Whew. 545 coins currently. Wonder what seals to upgrade next... or if I should wait until next month's TT to see what seals are to be offered.

Not upgraded:
-Dual stat boosting seals (ie. Spd/Def)
-Deflect skills (ie. Deflect Melee)
-Phantom Spd
-Breath of Life
-Brash Assault
-Hardy Bearing
-Dance seals
-Seal seals
-Darting Stance
-Fortress skills
-Spur Def, Spur Res, Spur Spd
-Hone Atk, Hone Spd
-Fortify Def, Fortify Res
-Obstruct
-Threaten skills (ie. Threaten Def)
-Countless single-stat boosting skills (only upgraded 2 Atk+ and 2 Spd+ seals)

26 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Indicate the purpose of the build. This doesn't need to mention a game mode specifically, but anything that isn't meant to be used in an Arena or Arena Assault setting should probably say so.

"This build kills every possible version of Hector four times over."

27 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Indicate the strengths and weaknesses of the build.

"It's really good at killing Hector and units similar to Hector. Not so great at other things."

27 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Not every player has access to everything. Give alternative options if they are still viable.

"Removing any skill from this build makes it not so great at killing Hector, so you probably don't want to change it too much."

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Keep in mind other player's play styles and don't close any doors that don't need to be closed.

"If you weren't interested in killing every Hector four times over, you probably weren't reading this thread in the first place."

The guidelines aren't meant to be a strict pattern to follow, but are more there to make sure you've really thought things through. Knowing the ins and outs of your builds and being able to convey that to other people is more important than the format you use to do so.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Whew. 545 coins currently. Wonder what seals to upgrade next... or if I should wait until next month's TT to see what seals are to be offered.

I would upgrade

Darting Stance (for a fast EP unit that wouldn't use Quick Riposte)

Brash Assault (for a Desperation user)

Hardy Bearing (for an anti-Vantage unit)

any +Atk or +Spd seals

If you don't have a good idea of what you'd use the upgraded seal for, don't upgrade it.

5 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Zephyr Sothe: 58 atk/38 spd/17 def/13 Res

Peshkatz/Draw Back/Glimmer

Life and death 3/B Flexible/Threaten spd 3 

Pershkatz
Reposition (Draw Back is fine, but if you are going to use a Dancer/Singer, Reposition is better)
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for Fjorm and Sigurd.)
Speed +3

Novice Vacationer Corrin: 43 atk/39 spd/19 def/26 res

Sealife tome+ (HP and Spd)/reposition/Dragon fang

Darting blow 3/Desperation 2/Fortify res 2

Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
Speed +3

or

Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow — Life and Death
Desperation
Iote's Shield

Standard Fjorm maxed everything with draw back

She is fine as is, but if you want performance, I would go with the following:

Leiptr
Swap
Glacies — Ignis
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for Sigurd.)
Darting Stance

Holy knight Sigurd: 51 Atk/32 spd/37 def/20 res

Divine tyrfing/reposition/bonfire

Close def 3/crusaders ward/spd smoke 3

I recommend Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot.

PVP:

I would get rid of Celica or Sanaki; I lean towards getting rid of Sanaki. Arena teams should consist of three members, not four, so you can accommodate a bonus unit as the fourth unit.

Caring princess Celica: 46 atk/38 spd/19 def/22 res

Raganrok+/Reposition/Glimmer

Distant def 3/desperation 2/ spur atk 2

Ragnarok
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury — Life and Death — Swift Sparrow — Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
Res Smoke — (Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for BH!Ike.)
Speed +3

or

Ragnarok
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Begnions apostle Sanaki: atk 54/spd 28/def 17/34 res

cymbeline+/drawback/moonbow

death blow 3/R tomebreaker 2/hone atk 3

Cymbeline
Draw Back — Swap
Iceberg
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte
(Any offensive buffs or Ploys; defensive buffs are fine too for BH!Ike.)
Distant Def

Cymbeline
Draw Back — Swap
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
G Tomebreaker

Ophelia Drmatic heroine: 51 atk/33 spd/23 def/20 res

Missiletainn/ rally atk+/Blazing light

sturdy blow 2/chill res 3/threaten res 3

Missiletainn
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Swift Sparrow — Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for BH!Ike.)
Speed +3

Brave mercanary ike: 55 atk/28 spd/35 def/20res

steady breath/beorcs blessing/threaten def 3

Urvan/swap/ Aether

Uvan
Swap
Aether
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any offensive buffs)
Close Def

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I think Threaten skills are better on tanks than nukes like Sothe

I personally would not recommend Threaten. Threaten's range is too small, so it is not very useful.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Not upgraded:
-Dual stat boosting seals (ie. Spd/Def)
Very low priority. Darting Stance and Close Def are better.
-Deflect skills (ie. Deflect Melee)
Deflect Magic and Deflect Missile is useful for Arena Assault for Gronnraven mages whose Def/Res is more lopsided. For example, Merric can run Deflect Magic to tank Reinhardt.
-Phantom Spd
Low priority. Primarily for Windsweep and Watersweep.
-Breath of Life
Very low priority.
-Brash Assault
Used in Desperation-Brash Assault builds. Once you satisfy the HP requirements, you can basically turn slow Brave nukes into quad nukes, or high Atk nukes into "Brave" nukes.
-Hardy Bearing
Very low priority. Your units should be killing their enemies in one round of combat, not leaving enemies at low health. Firesweep Weapons also exist.
-Dance seals
Very low priority. Regular buffs are better.
-Seal seals
Very low priority.
-Darting Stance
Used in Spd tanks.
-Fortress skills
These are primarily just for Azama and Wrys.
-Spur Def, Spur Res, Spur Spd
Low priority.
-Hone Atk, Hone Spd
High priority.
-Fortify Def, Fortify Res
Medium priority. I would upgrade these after you have upgraded Hone Attack and Hone Speed. These are used for further buffing Blade mages, especially cavalry and flying ones.
-Obstruct
Very low priority. This is primarily for defense teams to screw over other players.
-Threaten skills (ie. Threaten Def)
Very low priority.
-Countless single-stat boosting skills (only upgraded 2 Atk+ and 2 Spd+ seals)
Speed +3 is high priority, but having two is more than enough. The rest are very low priority.

I will just put my explanations in bold and underline.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

Pershkatz
Reposition (Draw Back is fine, but if you are going to use a Dancer/Singer, Reposition is better)
Moonbow
Life and Death
Desperation
Speed +3

Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
Speed +3

or

Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow — Life and Death
Desperation
Iote's Shield

She is fine as is, but if you want performance, I would go with the following:

Leiptr
Swap
Glacies — Ignis
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for Sigurd.)
Darting Stance

I recommend Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot.

I would get rid of Celica or Sanaki; I lean towards getting rid of Sanaki. Arena teams should consist of three members, not four, so you can accommodate a bonus unit as the fourth unit.

Ragnarok
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
Speed +3

or

Ragnarok
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Cymbeline
Draw Back — Swap
Iceberg
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte
Distant Def

Cymbeline
Draw Back — Swap
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
G Tomebreaker

Missiletainn
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Swift Sparrow — Fury — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any offensive buffs; defensive buffs are fine too for BH!Ike.)
Speed +3

Uvan
Swap
Aether
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any offensive buffs)
Close Def

I personally would not recommend Threaten. Threaten's range is too small, so it is not very useful.

I will just put my explanations in bold and underline.

Sweet! Thanks for the advice! My options are somewhat limited but this is great information. Ive just been hoarding all my 5 Stars so maybe i should start picking favorites and inheriting some of there skillds.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The first thing I recommend is to pull more Shanna.

I think Threaten skills are better on tanks than nukes like Sothe. I would use his default Spur Atk/Spd and Wings of Mercy, if you have it. When Corrin is in Desperation range, he can then warp to her and boost her offence.

Fjorm is a tank, so she would rather have Swap or Reposition so that she could better shield Sothe or Corrin. Not that Draw Back is a bad assist.

I like your idea with Ophelia, I'm jealous that I was too worried about Silas to pull for her.

I think it would be ideal to have a green mage as well as a red mage. If you double up on colours, it's better to have one ranged and one melee like your other team has.

Sanaki wants a flier teammate because of her tome. Unless you have Pale Flower :Nino:, I would replace her with a green mage such as Pious Mage :Nino:

Celica wants a speed-boosting A skill to more reliably activate Desperation.

I presume Ike is using the Quick Riposte seal, but I gave mine QR in the B-slot so that he could use other seals as needed. Beorc's Blessing is fairly niche.

I do have a nino as well i can switch out for celica and yeah quick riposte seal is on ike. What flier would you reccomend? I have Caeda, Corrin, Olivia, Tana, michalis, clair and camilla

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I don't know what the build is exactly, but for your Soren example, as long as you talk about what skills to give him or his teammates to make him as fast as possible it should be fine.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"This build kills every possible version of Hector four times over."

"It's really good at killing Hector and units similar to Hector. Not so great at other things."

"Removing any skill from this build makes it not so great at killing Hector, so you probably don't want to change it too much."

"If you weren't interested in killing every Hector four times over, you probably weren't reading this thread in the first place."

The guidelines aren't meant to be a strict pattern to follow, but are more there to make sure you've really thought things through. Knowing the ins and outs of your builds and being able to convey that to other people is more important than the format you use to do so.

Okay. Thanks for the help. I'm still a bit nervous that I won't do this right, but I'll do my best!

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Any enemy who engages you on EP will be Threatened on the subsequent PP. Admittedly, it's situational.

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

I do have a nino as well i can switch out for celica and yeah quick riposte seal is on ike. What flier would you reccomend? I have Caeda, Corrin, Olivia, Tana, michalis, clair and camilla

Tana. With her weapon, they buff each other.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'll do my best!

:Nino:

I managed to pull green Olwen on the Halloween banner only for her to be +res -spd and I'm not sure if I want to build or fodder her. On the one hand my good green cavalry units are basically just Titania and my good green mages pretty much just vanilla Nino and kinda Soren. But on the other hand that -spd really hurts, I already have a few bladetome cavalry mages just in different colors (Eirika and L'Rachel, both of which have better atk/spd spreads since neither have detrimental natures), and Elincia's been dying for Swift Sparrow for a while now.

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I managed to pull green Olwen on the Halloween banner only for her to be +res -spd and I'm not sure if I want to build or fodder her. On the one hand my good green cavalry units are basically just Titania and my good green mages pretty much just vanilla Nino and kinda Soren. But on the other hand that -spd really hurts, I already have a few bladetome cavalry mages just in different colors (Eirika and L'Rachel, both of which have better atk/spd spreads since neither have detrimental natures), and Elincia's been dying for Swift Sparrow for a while now.

Thoughts?

Not that bad to be honest. You've 32 Spd + 4 from Swift Sparrow + 6 from Hone Cavalry. Throw in a speed seal. That's a minimum of 43 Spd. More than enough to double in regular content

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

Thoughts?

Having a diverse range of units is more important than having a good nature on a specific unit, so I recommend keeping her if she is your only copy.

Elincia can also make do with Fury and Life and Death if you need a cheap filler A skill in the mean time.

Guys, I need your opinion about a few things, since atm I have no more copies of my current merge projects:

1. I have a merge project of Donnel, currently at +4 with all his definitive skills. His BST is 162~163. I have a 5* Effie (although with bad nature) and 8 Effie copies (being neutral the best one). Her BST is 167~169. Should I consider to start merging her or would the difference be too small to be worth? She’s a character I like, but there are also othe characters that I like too.

2. In case that I start merging Effie, I’m not going to sack a Berkut for his lance. Is there any other lance that would be useful while scoring high in Arena? I’ve been thinking about Casablanca (so I could pass Goad Armor too), but I’m not sure if Slaying Lance would be better.

3. Now that we have received another copy of Berkut, I would consider to start merging him. Which skills would you give him? I’m not sure if he would want Distant Counter on his A slot. Although having nice res, he has very low speed and B!Tome Breaker is not available in the regular summoning pool, so blue mages will destroy him anyway. Could he make good use of Darting Stance and some sort of offensive/mixed stance in their S/A slots?

4. Is ir worthy to invest 20K feathers in giving Brave Heroes Celica Armorsmasher when I’d probably use her with that in AA? More when I have things like Armorsmasher Axe Breaker Tobin or Ruby Sword Axe Breaker Seth. Maybe she could be a Zelgius/H!Myrrh check?

5. Would Xander and Camus prefer Mirror Stance, Sturdy Stance or Bracen Atk/Def in their A slot? The have similar spread, changing some def from Xander to Camus’ speed, which is still low (33). I was wondering if they could run a triple stance set (double stance in A plus Darting Stance in S).

6. Another current project that I have is to build a copy of every charcter that I pull, even if it’s only at 4* level 40 +0 (Although this ones are the ones that I’ll promote later, if not, they get merges). For swords/lances/axes is very easy to give them a budget build. Just slap on them a gem weapon, a breaker, armored blow, moonbow/glimmer and they’re ready to go for AA. The thing is that I’m having some issued deciding how to make a budget build of mages and staves. For example, I have 2 raudrraven mages (3 when I promote Lyon), so giving Raigh the same set when I face almost no archers in AA would feel as wasting TA fodder. The thing is that I don’t see this kind of mages being useful with a blade tome (more when my fully built Tharja has problems in AA). And for staves, don’t really know what to do with them as 4*. Any ideas for this whole topic?

27 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Guys, I need your opinion about a few things, since atm I have no more copies of my current merge projects:

1. I have a merge project of Donnel, currently at +4 with all his definitive skills. His BST is 162~163. I have a 5* Effie (although with bad nature) and 8 Effie copies (being neutral the best one). Her BST is 167~169. Should I consider to start merging her or would the difference be too small to be worth? She’s a character I like, but there are also othe characters that I like too.

2. In case that I start merging Effie, I’m not going to sack a Berkut for his lance. Is there any other lance that would be useful while scoring high in Arena? I’ve been thinking about Casablanca (so I could pass Goad Armor too), but I’m not sure if Slaying Lance would be better.

3. Now that we have received another copy of Berkut, I would consider to start merging him. Which skills would you give him? I’m not sure if he would want Distant Counter on his A slot. Although having nice res, he has very low speed and B!Tome Breaker is not available in the regular summoning pool, so blue mages will destroy him anyway. Could he make good use of Darting Stance and some sort of offensive/mixed stance in their S/A slots?

4. Is ir worthy to invest 20K feathers in giving Brave Heroes Celica Armorsmasher when I’d probably use her with that in AA? More when I have things like Armorsmasher Axe Breaker Tobin or Ruby Sword Axe Breaker Seth. Maybe she could be a Zelgius/H!Myrrh check?

5. Would Xander and Camus prefer Mirror Stance, Sturdy Stance or Bracen Atk/Def in their A slot? The have similar spread, changing some def from Xander to Camus’ speed, which is still low (33). I was wondering if they could run a triple stance set (double stance in A plus Darting Stance in S).

6. Another current project that I have is to build a copy of every charcter that I pull, even if it’s only at 4* level 40 +0 (Although this ones are the ones that I’ll promote later, if not, they get merges). For swords/lances/axes is very easy to give them a budget build. Just slap on them a gem weapon, a breaker, armored blow, moonbow/glimmer and they’re ready to go for AA. The thing is that I’m having some issued deciding how to make a budget build of mages and staves. For example, I have 2 raudrraven mages (3 when I promote Lyon), so giving Raigh the same set when I face almost no archers in AA would feel as wasting TA fodder. The thing is that I don’t see this kind of mages being useful with a blade tome (more when my fully built Tharja has problems in AA). And for staves, don’t really know what to do with them as 4*. Any ideas for this whole topic?

1. Unless you're invested in arena, go for Donnie

2. Brave Lance

3. You could give him Steady Stance from Dorcas or Earth Boost from Boey. B slot can be QR or something else if you have QR in the seal slot

4. Armorsmasher isn't bad on her, but it sounds more like something you'd give to a heavy investment unit in this case. I usually just 4*+10 a AA unit and give them a non-+ weapon

5. You could meme speed, but fury Xander/Camus is solid. Even fury 2 is good enough

6. Wolf tomes really are an answer for mages. Even if you can only get it from 1 unit. As for the other colors, bladetomes seem to be the best budget option. For staves, you need to make heavy investments in them because their weapons are so shit at 4* rarity. Don't bother with them unless you're willing to spend a lot of feathers

So I've been thinking of using my spare Hector for Distant Counter, but to not waste it I want to be sure I'm making the right choice and just looking for more opinions.

Who benefits from Distant Counter more/who to prioritise? Halloween myrrh? or normal Myrrh when I get her?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So I've been thinking of using my spare Hector for Distant Counter, but to not waste it I want to be sure I'm making the right choice and just looking for more opinions.

Who benefits from Distant Counter more/who to prioritise? Halloween myrrh? or normal Myrrh when I get her?

I think Halloween Myrrh needs it less. With her breath, she can make a good Player Phase unit, which gives her a lot more options for an A skill (she makes the best use of Armoured Blow of any unit).

@mcsilas I stand with Baldrick. If I had to pick between one it would be regular Myrrh. Not that Halloween Myrrh doesn't want it as well, but compared to regular Myrrh she can easily get two shot due to being doubled. And countering can actually give that special activation to her foe making it far easier for her to fall to anyone she can't one shot. Now the DC/Special Fighter/QR seal version of Halloween Myrrh is pretty terrifying since it is much harder to drop her before her second counter comes out. But yeah regular Myrrh is EP locked due to her stats and greatly appreciates being able to do even more work on EP. Meanwhile for Halloween Myrrh I mostly consider it a nice bonus to have on her, just like with so many other heroes.

Now speaking of Halloween Myrrh's DC/Special Fighter/QR build, I am in a bit of a bind.

First in order to get Special fodder I would have to use my free pick on Ephraim. And then the question becomes what is better a +DEF/-ATK or neutral Ephraim to use as my main. As a special based fighter I would think he would be a bit less fearful of an attack bane and would really like the DEF boost due to his penchant for getting doubled. I know some might say to save the special fighter for someone else(Like Legendary Tiki), but I tend to think it is best used by slower units who can guarantee doubles while leaving their B-slot free. Mainly because they utilize both sides of its effect. The Guard effect is very handy for slower units who get doubled a lot. Of the armors I think only Ephraim and Myrrh can really guarantee doubles on both phases while really enjoying the guard bonus as well. That said that is just my gut talking.

Second. I have 5 units with DC. My regular Myrrh(easily one of my most used units), my Amelia(one of my highest merged 5* and is heavily inherited to), my Tikipop(newest addition to the DC club and is used semi-regularly), my +DEF/-SPD LA! Hector, and my +ATK/-HP regular Hector. So my conundrum here is that I have no DC fodder. However, I haven't used regular Hector pretty much since LA! Hector came out. Except during the father daughter gauntlet for the first round. At the same time this is a +ATK Hector we are talking about. Of course Special Fighter Halloween Myrrh can work just fine without DC, so I could just go without this skill. Or could get really silly with a Lightning Breath/Steady(Warding) Breath/Bold Fighter/QR Seal. I do have the resources for that, but it just feels icky.

Finally, maybe I should just stick to a budget build with mostly her default kit(though I have never liked Vengeful as much as some do). Just not sure what to stick in her A-slot then. DEF/RES+2 is just kinda underwhelming. Brazen ATK/DEF is easily sourced and we have the Brazen ATK/RES Seal which could give her 14 ATK and an extra 7 in each of her defenses for 50/42(since I have a +RES myrrh). That would give her plenty of ATK to play with on player phase after her Vengeful gets broken.

Would Catria Benefit from having More Speed or More Attack?
(I have a +speed/-hp and a +atk/-speed)..

and wow. i know i mentioned this in a thread what to do re: iv's (and i said - well wouldn't it make sense to have neutral IVs and you can increase it how you want) - i have several neutral IV units (Sword Erikia, Cherche, Sothe and now 3 Felicias)

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Difference of one BST bracket is not going to make a huge difference in my opinion.

Casablanca and Slaying Lance are both fine. Casablanca helps Effie survive against buffed enemies while Slaying Lance lets her get more kills. I personally prefer Slaying Lance for more kills and I do not have to sack a limited unit. Goad Armor is not as useful as Ward Armor in my opinion.

Any A slot that boosts his Atk/Def/Res are good. I am a little skeptical on Brazens since he is not an armor unit, so he might not have enough bulk after he reaches 80% HP or below; Brazens also do not work in your first round of combat unless you can lower his HP before hand.

I think Distant Counter might be okay, but I would double check the calculator to make sure he can tank blue mage nukes and/or Brave archers first.

Armosmasher no. Armorslayer (without the +) yes. Unless you really need the boost in Mt, AOTB!Celica would basically have a Brave armor effective Weapon, and I do not think you really need the extra Mt, especially if you already have other units as anti armor units. Countering Zelgius and LB!Myrrh is better accomplished with Slaying Lance and Triangle Adept.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Xander wants to dump his Spd, so Close Def and Distant Def are fine, but Darting Stance is no. Similar to Berkut, I am a little skeptical of Brazens, but any A skill that boosts his Atk/Def/Res is good. If he already has Fury though, then I would just stick with Fury.

For Camus, Darting Stance is good. I prefer Fury since he does utilize all of his stats.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

The thing is that I’m having some issued deciding how to make a budget build of mages and staves. For example, I have 2 raudrraven mages (3 when I promote Lyon), so giving Raigh the same set when I face almost no archers in AA would feel as wasting TA fodder. The thing is that I don’t see this kind of mages being useful with a blade tome (more when my fully built Tharja has problems in AA). And for staves, don’t really know what to do with them as 4*. Any ideas for this whole topic?

All my 4*+10 and crappy nature 5* mages get Glimmer, Triangle Adept, and Tomebreaker against the color they are good against to ensure overkill (green mages run Quick Riposte since B Tomebreaker is limited). The specific tome does not really matter since they will be primarily facing other mages, so their default tome is fine.

Mages with good Def are give Raven tomes and run Bowbreaker instead.

For Raigh, I would just slap Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker on him.

While Triangle Adept 3 is rare, Triangle Adept 2 generally is not and it should relatively plentiful if you summon a lot. Cordelia and Selena got Triangle Adept 2.

Staff healers require 20K Feathers for Pain+ or Gravity+, 50 Refining Stones for the Refinement, and maybe Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Staff on the B slot. Firesweep archers just require Orbs to get Fayer, although Orbs is not very farmable. Firesweep healers are not worth it if you already have Firesweep archers in my opinion, but they are decent option if you are short on Orbs to summon Faye. Wrathful Staff is optional if you go with Pain, so if you are short on Orbs it is fine to not have it.

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Would Catria Benefit from having More Speed or More Attack?
(I have a +speed/-hp and a +atk/-speed)..

and wow. i know i mentioned this in a thread what to do re: iv's (and i said - well wouldn't it make sense to have neutral IVs and you can increase it how you want) - i have several neutral IV units (Sword Erikia, Cherche, Sothe and now 3 Felicias)

Spd is generally better.

I generally favorite neutral natures so I do not have to open up my browser every time I summon a unit.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Spd is generally better.

I generally favorite neutral natures so I do not have to open up my browser every time I summon a unit.

thanks. :)

that's what I'm doing now. (I'm taking full advantage the favourite system now). I've marked all the -atk units (so i can replace when necessary). I've marked off Fodder (so i can book them later). Then I have my "Build" and my "merge" favourites. (I know i can book and merge the book into the unit) but i figure if i got a good IV I can let them earn some SP and get some other skills, and make life a teensy bit easier for me).

now that i am getting all IV-savvy, i'm bummed that the several ares I have, only one is really good. same with Fred. (and Caeda). I have two workable Cherches ( one is + atk, one is +def), so I figure I'll work with the + atk one first). I'm loathe to really check my Ninos. (Lilina was a disappointmnt too. I think i liked it better when I didn't know about IVs hahaa)

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I would personally say normal Myrrh benefits more of the two~

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

This is generally how I prioritize Distant Counter or any expensive skill:

1. Frequency: Units who are used more often get priority. There is no point in giving Distant Counter to a unit that is used less often or is rarely used. Basically, my Arena team have dibs on the best skills, then my permanent Arena Assault teams, then my Blessings teams, then my Arena Assault counters, and finally everyone else. If there is a tie I use the next criteria as a tie breaker.

2. Existing Substitutes/Skill Distribution: Personally for me, red units have lower dibs on Distant Counter since I have a lot of Distant Counter swords already.

3. Performance: If it is still tied, then I choose whoever has better performance.

I got Pity Broken by two Jaffars
What can I do with him? Do I sacrifice him to my Perfect IV Innes? 

I'm already putting my newest LB!Myrrh into my +1 copy (her defense is now at 44  which patches it up quite nicely)
and my OG Myrrh gets a +1 upgrade (more attack and res power)

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I got Pity Broken by two Jaffars
What can I do with him? Do I sacrifice him to my Perfect IV Innes? 

I'm already putting my newest LB!Myrrh into my +1 copy (her defense is now at 44  which patches it up quite nicely)
and my OG Myrrh gets a +1 upgrade (more attack and res power)

Unless you're willing to try the "pain" build, fodder him