Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

what's the pain build?

Pain is a staff used by healers. Coupling it with savage blow allows healers to do 24 splash damage. Add in dazzling refinement. It's pretty nasty. Jaffar can run something similar with his legendary weapon refined. He can get the pain effect, but he can only get free attacks on magic foes. It's more of a casual weapon since there's a lack of DC in PvE modes. The main difference is: dazzling healers can get free attacks on any unit, Jaffar only against magic foes

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's the pain build?

Double Savage Blow plus either one of the sweeps or Poison Strike, I’d assume; basically the analogue of the Pain+ build adapted to Jaffar being a dagger unit instead of a staff unit.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Pain is a staff used by healers. Coupling it with savage blow allows healers to do 24 splash damage. Add in dazzling refinement. It's pretty nasty. Jaffar can run something similar with his legendary weapon refined. He can get the pain effect, but he can only get free attacks on magic foes. It's more of a casual weapon since there's a lack of DC in PvE modes. The main difference is: dazzling healers can get free attacks on any unit, Jaffar only against magic foes

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Double Savage Blow plus either one of the sweeps or Poison Strike, I’d assume; basically the analogue of the Pain+ build adapted to Jaffar being a dagger unit instead of a staff unit.

So - 
I would. sacrifice a Camilla (for Savage Blow)
a Kagero for Poison Strike?
i don't have any sweeps.  

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

So - 
I would. sacrifice a Camilla (for Savage Blow)
a Kagero for Poison Strike?
i don't have any sweeps.  

Kagero doesn’t have Poison Strike, Saizo does. (so do Matthew and Kaze but only at 5★ which isn’t worth it)

Yeah, this is the idea. With the refine on his dagger, Jaffar can still safely initiate into mages, bringing them and everyone around them to a world of pain.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Kagero doesn’t have Poison Strike, Saizo does. (so do Matthew and Kaze but only at 5★ which isn’t worth it)

Yeah, this is the idea. With the refine on his dagger, Jaffar can still safely initiate into mages, bringing them and everyone around them to a world of pain.

perfect. I've just booked some Saizos and Camilla. 
done and done. 
thanks much :)

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because Def Smoke is so easily available, right?

Daggers have built in def/res smoke. And the seal skills for those stats

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Daggers have built in def/res smoke. And the seal skills for those stats

thanks. 
I'm going to merge my two together (amp up the atk) - and do as you suggested. :) I am gonna make this pitybreaker work for me darnit

Thanks for the replies, I guess I have to actually summon regular Myrrh first but definitely saving the next DC for her whenever she comes if I get another Hector.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

This is generally how I prioritize Distant Counter or any expensive skill:

1. Frequency: Units who are used more often get priority. There is no point in giving Distant Counter to a unit that is used less often or is rarely used. Basically, my Arena team have dibs on the best skills, then my permanent Arena Assault teams, then my Blessings teams, then my Arena Assault counters, and finally everyone else. If there is a tie I use the next criteria as a tie breaker.

2. Existing Substitutes/Skill Distribution: Personally for me, red units have lower dibs on Distant Counter since I have a lot of Distant Counter swords already.

3. Performance: If it is still tied, then I choose whoever has better performance.

Okay thanks for that. Well since I don't have Myrrh yet, I guess Halloween Myrrh at least has the advantage of being in my new arena core, although I'll have to replace Zelgius.

I guess if I give halloween Myrrh Earth Blessing for L!Tiki weeks, Aether and Distant Counter, would that be enough to outscore a vanilla Zelgius? (Not gonna do dual rallies though)

Do i still score higher if I don't give her DC but a 240 SP A skill? All my units are unmerged.

Edited by mcsilas

7 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

So with this event to get Marissa, does the whole team need to be infantry to contribute?

Nope, it just counts the events of an infantry unit entering battle.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Thanks for the replies, I guess I have to actually summon regular Myrrh first but definitely saving the next DC for her whenever she comes if I get another Hector.

Okay thanks for that. Well since I don't have Myrrh yet, I guess Halloween Myrrh at least has the advantage of being in my new arena core, although I'll have to replace Zelgius.

I guess if I give halloween Myrrh Earth Blessing for L!Tiki weeks, Aether and Distant Counter, would that be enough to outscore a vanilla Zelgius? (Not gonna do dual rallies though)

Do i still score higher if I don't give her DC but a 240 SP A skill? All my units are unmerged.

I think Myrrh still scores higher. I assume everyone got Swap, a 240 SP Sacred Seal, and Earth Blessing. Here is the score calculator, and here is the actual setup.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Nope, it just counts the events of an infantry unit entering battle.

I have a follow up question. I think I read somewhere that if the whole team fulfills that criteria, then it means they would count it as 4 times instead of 1?

If I send out a team of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, ASS!Takumi, and Olivia 4 times, it would count as sending out infantry 4 times.

But if I send out a team of Delthea, BB!Cordelia, Nino, and Olivia 4 times, it would count as sending out infantry 16 times? Or would it still only count as 4 times?

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have a follow up question. I think I read somewhere that if the whole team fulfills that criteria, then it means they would count it as 4 times instead of 1?

Yes. It counts single units, so a team of four units will satisfy the criterion four times.

Question. 
I have my +1 Myrrh Merge, and I have a Third. 
this one is +atk/-spd. 

So she'll be at 58 atk, and 43 defense neutral. (my plus+ merge is 55 atk, 43 speed.).  so do i put the Merged Myrrh into the New Myrrh (and train her up again), or just put New Myrrh into my 40+ one?

Also - I have a  +spd/-atk Adult Tiki and a -spd +res Adult tiki. 
Do i keep the + spd one and Fodder? or merge the +res into tiki?

Edited by daisy jane

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Question. 
I have my +1 Myrrh Merge, and I have a Third. 
this one is +atk/-spd. 

So she'll be at 58 atk, and 43 defense neutral. (my plus+ merge is 55 atk, 43 speed.).  so do i put the Merged Myrrh into the New Myrrh (and train her up again), or just put New Myrrh into my 40+ one?

Yeah, I would put the merged LB!Myrrh into the new +Atk LB!Myrrh.

18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Also - I have a  +spd/-atk Adult Tiki and a -spd +res Adult tiki. 
Do i keep the + spd one and Fodder? or merge the +res into tiki?

A!Tiki should have [+Atk/Def, -Spd], but [+Res, -Spd] is good too. You want her to be as slow as possible so she can reliably activate a high cooldown Special. If she is only facing green units, +Atk is preferred since she already got enough Def to shrug off axes units. +Def is better in my opinion if you need her to face other sword units. +Res is a little more niche in my opinion, but it helps her take on Julia and Deirdre and be more of a mixed tank.

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I would put the merged LB!Myrrh into the new +Atk LB!Myrrh.

A!Tiki should have [+Atk/Def, -Spd], but [+Res, -Spd] is good too. You want her to be as slow as possible so she can reliably activate a high cooldown Special. If she is only facing green units, +Atk is preferred since she already got enough Def to shrug off axes units. +Def is better in my opinion if you need her to face other sword units. +Res is a little more niche in my opinion, but it helps her take on Julia and Deirdre and be more of a mixed tank.

since it's based on level 1 stats - i can train my new +atk LB!Myrrh (gain SP and learn new skills, then when she's at 40 (or close to it) then add the merged into her?)
okay so i'll earmark the A Tiki that's not high res for fodder then. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

since it's based on level 1 stats - i can train my new +atk LB!Myrrh (gain SP and learn new skills, then when she's at 40 (or close to it) then add the merged into her?)
okay so i'll earmark the A Tiki that's not high res for fodder then. 

I would just merge the old LB!Myrrh into the new LB!Myrrh immediately to make training a bit easier. Merging the old one into the new one at a later time does not really do anything. Before you merge the old one into the new one, just make sure to use up as much as SP as possible on the old one.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just merge the old LB!Myrrh into the new LB!Myrrh immediately to make training a bit easier. Merging the old one into the new one at a later time does not really do anything. Before you merge the old one into the new one, just make sure to use up as much as SP as possible on the old one.

got it. thanks, XRay. you're a peach :)

I have a -Atk Summer Elise and I've been trying to think of A skills to patch up her Attack on a budget. Several builds suggest L&D but IDK if it's best to lower her Defenses since they're already pretty bad~

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I have a -Atk Summer Elise and I've been trying to think of A skills to patch up her Attack on a budget. Several builds suggest L&D but IDK if it's best to lower her Defenses since they're already pretty bad~

NS!Elise should not be taking physical hits in the first place, so dumping Def is not a big deal.

If you are not actually using NS!Elise that often, I recommend saving Life and Death for someone else, and give NS!Elise an Arena Assault skill set to counter blue mages instead.

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Triangle Adept and Fury are good budget skills that work on pretty much anything that can learn them.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

NS!Elise should not be taking physical hits in the first place, so dumping Def is not a big deal.

If you are not actually using NS!Elise that often, I recommend saving Life and Death for someone else, and give NS!Elise an Arena Assault skill set to counter blue mages instead.

She's my most used Green Mage, I'm fine with just giving her L&D 2 though~ But what do you recommend for AA?

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Triangle Adept and Fury are good budget skills that work on pretty much anything that can learn them.

I'm not the biggest Fury fan since she's pretty soft already, I may try Triangle Adept~

Thanks!~