"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

@EtheusI'd personally go with a +atk nature as 44 SPD without skills is pretty damn high. Like Karla tier speed. She even runs Death Blow 4 as her most optimal A-slot as she doesn't need anymore speed. That's enough to tell you that you've reached a very damn good SPD level

Karla runs Death Blow 4 not because she doesn't need Spd to double, but because that set relies on Wrath-boosted one-hit kills and doesn't need to double in the first place.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Karla runs Death Blow 4 not because she doesn't need Spd to double, but because that set relies on Wrath-boosted one-hit kills and doesn't need to double in the first place.

Doesn't wrath activate for both effects only if your hp is under or equal to 75%? That's what the sim is showing me

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Doesn't wrath activate for both effects only if your hp is under or equal to 75%? That's what the sim is showing me

Your first round of combat is either player phase against a unit you can double or enemy phase against a unit you can counterattack. As long as you take enough damage from the opponent's attack, you'll activate Wrath.

After that, Wrath fully charges Moonbow at the beginning of each turn, letting you sweep with one-hit kills.

Okay. Jaffar is actually....
pretty good... (he's not Mia though Game, esp. 3x the pity break.). I'm running the Pain Build on him and he holds his own. 
I was told to refine his dagger. Gamepress says to do his dagger + EFF. 
what does this mean/how do i do this?

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I was told to refine his dagger. Gamepress says to do his dagger + EFF. 
what does this mean/how do i do this?

+Eff means choosing the special effect option (which is usually the first in the list of options) rather than a stat increase.
For Jaffar, the special effect refinement is the one that enables him to attack mages with no counterattack.

Weapon forge is accessed here, via the button with the number of your golden rocks:
unknown.png

Just choose the unit and then choose the option, and then commit. Refining personal weapons costs 500 arena medals (that you get from winning arena battles) and 200 divine dew (that you get by using refining stones to refine non-personal weapons at a 1:1 ratio; that means if you spend 50 stones, you immediately get 50 dew).

Oh, and depending on your main story progress, you might need to clear Intermission: The Rite of Blades (the very last “chapter” of Book I) at least on Normal to unlock the refinery feature.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I have refining stones to spend and I'm thinking of refining my +HP/-Atk ToD!Jakob's bow because he's my only ranged armor unit. Should I go with a Def or Res refine? 

I am assuming he is running an Enemy Phase set. I would go with Def Refine if he is has Close Counter or if he is mostly tanking bows and daggers. If he is tanking mostly mages, then I would go with Res Refine.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

+Eff means choosing the special effect option (which is usually the first in the list of options) rather than a stat increase.
For Jaffar, the special effect refinement is the one that enables him to attack mages with no counterattack.

Weapon forge is accessed here, via the button with the number of your golden rocks:
unknown.png

Just choose the unit and then choose the option, and then commit. Refining personal weapons costs 500 arena medals (that you get from winning arena battles) and 200 divine dew (that you get by using refining stones to refine non-personal weapons at a 1:1 ratio; that means if you spend 50 stones, you immediately get 50 dew).

Oh, and depending on your main story progress, you might need to clear Intermission: The Rite of Blades (the very last “chapter” of Book I) at least on Normal to unlock the refinery feature.

okie dokes thanks :)

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I am assuming he is running an Enemy Phase set. I would go with Def Refine if he is has Close Counter or if he is mostly tanking bows and daggers. If he is tanking mostly mages, then I would go with Res Refine.

He doesn't have Close Counter. Would you recommend giving him Guard Bow since he's mainly used to tank ranged units anyway?

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

He doesn't have Close Counter. Would you recommend giving him Guard Bow since he's mainly used to tank ranged units anyway?

Guard Bow would be good. If he tanks both magical and physical attack equally, then either Refine is fine I think.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

okay so I have some refining stones
so to get dew i should refine NOT PRF weapons to get more dew? and apparently. earn more SP LOL

Yeah.

Regular Weapons need Stones for Refinement. Exclusive Weapons need Dew for Refinement.

To get the Dew, you need to Refine regular Weapons.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

okay so I have some refining stones
so to get dew i should refine NOT PRF weapons to get more dew? and apparently. earn more SP LOL

Exactly. Also some quests and events can give dew directly, for example Lunatic rival domains (RIP until it comes back) and map 6—I think?—of relay defence.

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah.

Regular Weapons need Stones for Refinement. Exclusive Weapons need Dew for Refinement.

To get the Dew, you need to Refine regular Weapons.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Exactly. Also some quests and events can give dew directly, for example Lunatic rival domains (RIP until it comes back) and map 6—I think?—of relay defence.

okay. thanks

well all that refining is gonna have to wait for a while lol

i have an extra Olivia sky-high dancer. whats the best use of her? im not really interested in starting a merge project for her as shes mostly used for arena assault/GC. she has some decent skills so who would benefit from them the most?

41 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

i have an extra Olivia sky-high dancer. whats the best use of her? im not really interested in starting a merge project for her as shes mostly used for arena assault/GC. she has some decent skills so who would benefit from them the most?

I would prioritize Guidance and Bracing Stance. Guidance can be given to other flying Dancers/Singers and supportive fliers like Aversa or LB!Mia. Bracing Stance can be used if you lack Sturdy Stance or Mirror Stance for tanks.

Chill Spd is not very useful in my opinion. Tier 21 have mostly armor units with Fighter skills so Spd is irrelevant. Tier 20 have a lot of score optimized teams so enemies are not exactly hard to double either even if you do not buff your own nukes up. Might be more useful in lower tiers where performance builds and Spd units are more common.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize Guidance and Bracing Stance. Guidance can be given to other flying Dancers/Singers and supportive fliers like Aversa or LB!Mia. Bracing Stance can be used if you lack Sturdy Stance or Mirror Stance for tanks.

Chill Spd is not very useful in my opinion. Tier 21 have mostly armor units with Fighter skills so Spd is irrelevant. Tier 20 have a lot of score optimized teams so enemies are not exactly hard to double either even if you do not buff your own nukes up. Might be more useful in lower tiers where performance builds and Spd units are more common.

oh ok i was thining maybe my Dark emperor Hardin would make good use of that skill. the bracing stance. My Hector ostia, Niles halloween, and black knight already have great A skills.other then Hardin what do you think about Garon having it? im trying a breath of blight build. 

7 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

oh ok i was thining maybe my Dark emperor Hardin would make good use of that skill. the bracing stance. My Hector ostia, Niles halloween, and black knight already have great A skills.other then Hardin what do you think about Garon having it? im trying a breath of blight build. 

It should be fine on Garon, although I prefer running Distant Counter on all my dragons if they do not already have it on their Weapons.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I just realised my Green Olwen is -speed+ resistance. 
I haven't really felt the hurt yet. I didn't upgrade her Original Tool Kit, but a lot of the builds are built on her speed. 
most suggest glimmer, and I do have Beruka?

I personally leans toward Moonbow so they can deal with tanks better, but Glimmer is fine if you do not see a lot of very high bulk tanks.

Have two Kliffs.

+HP/-SPD vs +HP/-DEF

My thoughts are that the -DEF one is the keeper and that the -SPD one is the fodder. Does that fit everyone else's thoughts?

Two Brave Ephraims

+DEF/-ATK vs Neutral

Running on various lists with his default with Ignis instead of Draconic it appears as if +DEF has better EP numbers while having close PP numbers(edge does appear to be in neutral's favor though). I think I am leaning towards +DEF. The -ATK mostly seems to cost him against reds and that isn't really his game anyways.

This one has been on the mind for a while. Hopefully I didn't ask it and miss responses earlier.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

It should be fine on Garon, although I prefer running Distant Counter on all my dragons if they do not already have it on their Weapons.

I personally leans toward Moonbow so they can deal with tanks better, but Glimmer is fine if you do not see a lot of very high bulk tanks.

thanks. i'll see what moonbow fodder i have. :)

this was before i knew IVs. 
I have a 5* Morgan with a water blessing who is minus atk plus defense. 
I have a 4* Morgan who is minus hp plus attack. Just promote + merge that one, right? (or wait for a better iv? chalk it up to losing a Blessing?)

man i knew this was gonna bite me one day. (But it could have been worse. out of all the units i gave blessings too - this is the only one who has a minus atk stat)

---------

also. 
PA: Inigo: i have a + speed/-def  and a +res - speed
Do i make him him slower, or squisher?(I'm assuming squishy). i don't think i'm using a raven tome on him. (this could change)

Edited by daisy jane