"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fjorm gets a massive stat increase during her bonus rotation, so she can probably even tank and counter kill green magic nukes too.

It takes a fully buffed +10 Gronnblade Camilla or Sanaki to break Ice Mirror with raw damage on a +10 Fjorm, so a +0 Fjorm with Arena bonus stats should have zero trouble due to the extra HP.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who to make my next +10 project with grails - Arvis or Camus? Arvis is one merge ahead, but competing with Lilina, Bridal Tharja, M!Morgan, and next year, Summer Tana among my +10 red mages. Camus is only directly competing with Spring Xander, though I have Fjorm, Brave Lucina, and Shigure among my +10 lances.

If I hit 20k feathers and don't have the grails, I'm also building a Panic Bot Bartre. +HP -Spd. For the stat refine, should I go with +Def, or +Res and then the HP/Res Seal?

Edited by Chrom-ulent

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Any mage tanks that specializes in tanking nukes would like it, for example Niles and Felicia. You can also give it melee units with Distant Counter weapons like Fjorm. Fjorm gets a massive stat increase during her bonus rotation, so she can probably even tank and counter kill green magic nukes too.

I won't argue the point on mage tanks, but Fjorm I don't think I could do due to my Fjorm being +Atk -Def, meaning her Defense is superbaned to being 26. Even with the bonus unit boost, I feel like she needs the extra Defense to keep up physical bulk more than she needs magical bulk.

Niles though... yeah he'd be doable as a mage nuke tank...

5 minutes ago, Granny said:

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but is there any way to know which stats will increase when merging? I mean, without having the merge fodder?

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Merge_Allies#Merge_Stat_Bonuses

Basically look at the stats at lvl 1. The highest stat(I don't think anyone has it as anything other than HP) and the second highest stat are the first merge. And on down form there. Third and Fourth. Fifth and First. Second and Third. Fourth and Fifth. Got it?

@Usana just to give some feedback, I had my Anna with Slaying Hammer and Def refine, with Brazen Atk/Def and Atk/Res from A and S slots, Vantage, Drive Res and Aether as Special and took her for a spin in the Arena. With the bunch of Drives and Rallys my team gives her, in the maps where she could stand in a def tile she took almost every kill. There where some reds she couldn't face, but that was ok. I found it hard to take on Adult Tiki, given her bulk and color advantage. 

Vantage came in handy a lot of times, since I want her to get down on HP. With double Brazen + Drives from the team, she would hit hard before the enemy could strike her. I'll have 1 week to play with her to get the feel of it and next week I'll try for some good scoring.

Bonds are too rare for me to feed her. There are other units I'd rather give the few Bonds I have, if I would give them. Anyway, thanks for the advices!

@Rinco Huh. I forgot to calc in whether Vantage would help with double Brazens on defense. Calculator doesn't say it makes much difference, but such is only a 'overview'. Nothing beats actually in game runs.

And yeah Adult Tiki I could see being a pain. Probably one of the strongest launch characters.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Merge_Allies#Merge_Stat_Bonuses

Basically look at the stats at lvl 1. The highest stat(I don't think anyone has it as anything other than HP) and the second highest stat are the first merge. And on down form there. Third and Fourth. Fifth and First. Second and Third. Fourth and Fifth. Got it?

Thank you, that helped a lot.

Minizura: 
Glacies (because of her Res)
or Glimmer (because i have a lot of Berukas and no spare Odins, Athenas or Pallas for Moonbow).

eta: i have a bronze odin. i do have feathers... 

I have an extra Legault. would Attack Tactic be a good permanent C skill on her - (I usually give my dancers Hone atk 3). 
or Atk Smoke from Kaze?

Edited by daisy jane

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Minizura: 
or Glimmer (because i have a lot of Berukas and no spare Odins, Athenas or Pallas for Moonbow).

I have an extra Legault. would Attack Tactic be a good permanent C skill on her - (I usually give my dancers Hone atk 3). 
or Atk Smoke from Kaze?

Do you actually fight with her enough to activate Glacies or Atk Smoke?

29 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm what's a good unit to use to bait out Julius in AA for the quest?

Bait out as in take a hit from Julius the first turn?

Did you try Phoenixmaster's or Brotel's guides?

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Bait out as in take a hit from Julius the first turn?

Did you try Phoenixmaster's or Brotel's guides?

Oh, I didn't know about any guides. Where can I find them?

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh, I didn't know about any guides. Where can I find them?

YouTube. Just type in their names in the search bar and look around in their channel.

@silveraura25

Ok, thanks! Hmm but after rereading what you said... To be clear, I mean that there's a way to work AA so that you fight a weaponless lvl 40 of various characters. Users do this to help others out at finishing the quest to beat a lvl40 (x character) with a particular unit (usually Anna, Alfonse, Sharena, or Fjorm, as well as the unit him- or herself.) Is that what you meant, too? Seems strange to find a list like that on youtube.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ok, thanks! Hmm but after rereading what you said... To be clear, I mean that there's a way to work AA so that you fight a weaponless lvl 40 of various characters. Users do this to help others out at finishing the quest to beat a lvl40 (x character) with a particular unit (usually Anna, Alfonse, Sharena, or Fjorm, as well as the unit him- or herself.) Is that what you meant, too? Seems strange to find a list like that on youtube.

Just put up a base kit Julius on a team alone and keep resetting the arena assault suggesions until you get what you want in the Beginner slot.
(base kit is so that you can actually be matched to a weaponless Julius; you can trying reducing his kit even more)

Silveraura is a dummydumb who didn’t understand what you meant.
(❤ silveraura)

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just put up a base kit Julius on a team alone and keep resetting the arena assault suggesions until you get what you want in the Beginner slot.
(base kit is so that you can actually be matched to a weaponless Julius; you can trying reducing his kit even more)

Ah, I see. Is there no one else who matches him well enough? Can I use someone else, or do I have to use Julius?

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, I see. Is there no one else who matches him well enough? Can I use someone else, or do I have to use Julius?

The quests are for Julius and Sharena, though. Why would you want to match anyone else with him?

Edited by Vaximillian

@MercaketeSeems like Vax cleared that up for you. It should be mentioned that sometimes GHB and BHB units appear in story maps so you can use those less stressful environments to complete quests. Alas, Julius doesn't appear in story maps. But Linus who's after Julius in the GHB rotation does

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The quests are for Julius and Sharena, though.

Yeah, but to get Kana's I used Hawkeye, even though the quests were for Kana and Anna. It made things pretty easy. Beat the first one, move on to another unit who needs him. So, I figured there may be "optimal" units for these sorts of things.

@silveraura25

Yeah. Thanks for that, though!

46 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@silveraura25

It might be easier to just do one of those guides though. They clear the GHB with F2P units + the units you need for the quests, so you get the quests done immediately instead of having to keep resetting AA until you finally get Julius to appear. Eg. Pheonixmaster's guide uses 4* Julius, 4* Olivia, 5* Ethlyn, and 5* Fjorm for the quest in which you have to use Julius.

Edited by Mau

9 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Minizura: 

or Atk Smoke from Kaze?

Glacies takes too long to charge. Glimmer works best with effective Weapons and/or Triangle Adept. I would just hold off on giving her a Special since she generally should not be facing combat.

I would give Dancers/Singers all Hone Attack first. Attack Tactic is nice but it limits your team composition a bit in Arena Assault, so unless the Dancer/Singer is part of a permanent team, I would just go with Hone Attack so you know it always works.

I do not recommend Atk Smoke. Buffing your allies is generally easier to achieve than debuffing enemies, and Dancers/Singers generally should not be entering into combat.

2 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Alt pulled Saber +Def -Spd. Usable, or is his Slaying Edge+ better used on a +Atk -Res Soleil going for a Heavy Blade build?

Every unit is usable in Arena Assault, and if you are lacking in green mage counters, any Saber with special Refined Golden Dagger can fill that role. If you do not care about Saber or Arena Assault, then fodder him off. I still recommend saving one of each unit, but sword units are a dime a dozen, so I do not think there is any detriment to send home a few sword units you rarely use.

For Soleil, make sure she got enough Spd to double for the mode you plan to use her in. Heavy Blade is nice, but it is kind of a waste if she cannot double frequently enough to make use of increasing Special charging speed. Alternatively, you can give her Flashing Blade if it is not in use already and save Heavy Blade for your fliers and cavalry; Soleil is not the fastest, but she will need to double to make full use of either skill anyways, so you might as well stick a more restrictive skill on her so her teammates have easier access to the less restrictive skill.

Edited by XRay

@Mercakete When trying to lure out the GHB units I always use one of the trio. That said it seems to be working less well lately. Possibly because of their refines and the fact that I have 5*'ed them. However, since they worked quite well at 4* I would say any 4* level 40 unmerged GEN 1 BST Melee Infantry with a 'basic' kit(nothing too expensive) should flush one out reasonable quick. I don't like building these guys up so I quite like the ability to quad team a weaponless one for the kill. A low attack Pain user like Azama + a dedicated buffer and debuffer can let them take down themselves with almost no build. I have done it with level 1s at times. This time though some levels were needed. He has too much res to kill himself even with help if he doesn't have some experience(I sharded mine to level 30 and had some room to spare).