"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well. this is weird. 
I'm at work, and i checked my email and i had a charge from FEH for a pack of orbs (only 3 - so i am not freaking out).  - but i sort of am because i'm at work, and don't have my phone with me. it went through my paypal - so it's like... what's going on? 

You should always freak out (in a rational way) if you see unfamiliar charges on your accounts.

I'm sure someone else here can give advice about how to investigate and secure your accounts if need be since this is not something I have personal experience with.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You should always freak out (in a rational way) if you see unfamiliar charges on your accounts.

I'm sure someone else here can give advice about how to investigate and secure your accounts if need be since this is not something I have personal experience with.

what i did was, i deleted my card from my account with itunes, and i am talking with them now.
i usually note how many orbs  - but i was so busy today i didn't note so even if i go home i can't say "oh yah that looks good" it's just weird and crazy. i'm just thankful it wasn't something stupid crazy expensive. 

eta: 
according to apple and a little investigating, it was a little purchase i made near the beginning of the month. why i am receiving the receipt now (and giving me a stroke) is beyond me. but considering i am trying to become F2P only, it was good that it reminded me to detach my card from my account anyway. 

Edited by daisy jane

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's not a datamine. That's on the event calendar.

The English calendar is published based on Pacific Time Zone in the U.S. Due to the unfortunate timing of the daily reset, this means that the daily reset moves from 12:00 AM (midnight) during daylight savings time to 11:00 PM (the day before) during standard time.

This means that a date of November 1, 2018, which is during daylight savings time means 12:00 AM at the beginning of November 1, 2018, whereas a date of November 20, 2018, which is during standard time means 11:00 PM at the end of November 20, 2018.

If the calendar were published in any other North American time zone (or if the daily reset were moved one hour in either direction relative to UTC), we wouldn't have this annoying discrepancy.

Ok thanks. I think I think I misheard it being called a datamine.

But if it's a calendar, I guess it's not a spoiler then.

Well it dropped tonight so I guess my question got answered.

Just rolled a spare Brave Ephraim, and was thinking of fodering him off for the special fighter 3 skill. (I already have him fully built up, and this spare one has garbage IV's anyways)

And my current options to recieve the skill are Legendary Hector and Black Knight. So what i'm wondering, is who makes better use of the skill?

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Just rolled a spare Brave Ephraim, and was thinking of fodering him off for the special fighter 3 skill. (I already have him fully built up, and this spare one has garbage IV's anyways)

And my current options to recieve the skill are Legendary Hector and Black Knight. So what i'm wondering, is who makes better use of the skill?

Hmmmmmmm honestly I don't think either of them are good users. Special Fighter is only good if you can double enemies naturally, which both Hector and Black Knight are too slow to do. IMO best users other than Ephraim himself are Halloween Henry, Valentine Lyn, and Amelia with +Speed nature and +Speed weapon refines.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Neither, really. Special Fighter is only good on units that can double naturally, either due to having high Spd or having an effect on a different skill slot that guarantees a follow-up (like Ephraim and Myrrh).

I'm currently keeping myself busy with one of my two merging projects. In this case its Roy who I have on +5  with 2 more Roys ready to be merged.

However I only recently started using him again so his skills and nature might be a bit outdated.

He now has
Nature:+Hp/-res
weapon: refined Binding blade
Skill: Reposition
Special: Ignis
A: Steady Breath
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Spur speed
S: Close def 3

I'm happy with how steady breath,  close def and Ignis works, but spur speed and swordbreaker are probably in need of some replacement. Any optimal skills for him to use?

I'm also not sure what his final nature should be. I have a +speed/-Hp and a +Speed/-Res Roy around in my barracks, but I don't know if speed is helpful on someone with build in quick reposte.

Edited by Sasori

Just going through my Ares. 
i have 2 perfect IV Spreads. 
One is +atk/-res, and one is +spd/-res. 
does he want the speed or the extra attack? (at 39 raw, he'll smack pretty damn hard)
(not sure how i'm building him up yet , am really low on fodder possibilities)

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Just going through my Ares. 
i have 2 perfect IV Spreads. 
One is +atk/-res, and one is +spd/-res. 
does he want the speed or the extra attack? (at 39 raw, he'll smack pretty damn hard)
(not sure how i'm building him up yet , am really low on fodder possibilities)

For a more causal setting +atk is recommended if you're planning yo abuse his weapon. If you're planning on heavily investing in him then +spd with a speed refined Slaying Edge

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

For a more causal setting +atk is recommended if you're planning yo abuse his weapon. If you're planning on heavily investing in him then +spd with a speed refined Slaying Edge

ooooohhh. this is tough!! 
i'll mark them appropriately. :) (right now because he'll be for team silver) - maybe atk. but once i get work done - (since he'll be my first 10+ Sword Cav (I have a tonne of him in stock) - the +spd makes the most sense. thanks @silveraura25

11 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

how does one deal with the pesky dancers from CC 9 -12? Enemy phase units or player phase units? 

Depends on your play style and what you have access to. Flying units are the easiest Player Phase units to use in my opinion since you can use Dance/Sing-Reposition almost anywhere on the map. I use ASS!Takumi/WOF!Hinoka, HNY!Azura, BB!Ninian, and NS!F!Corrin to clear most Chain Challenges.

If you are planning to use Enemy Phase units, you might want to use non-dragon infantry units since a lot of the Dancers run effective Weapons against dragons and armor.

10 hours ago, Sasori said:

I'm also not sure what his final nature should be. I have a +speed/-Hp and a +Speed/-Res Roy around in my barracks, but I don't know if speed is helpful on someone with build in quick reposte.

Spd and Quick Riposte do completely different things for Enemy Phase units. Spd is used to help prevent enemy follow up attacks; Quick Riposte is used to ensure the unit can perform follow up attacks.

Roy is awfully slow in a bad way, so he is definitely not suited for a Spd tank build in my opinion. As a Def/Res tank, his stats are poorly allocated (too much Spd and Res, not enough Def). I would only use Roy as a dragon counter, but if you want to use him as a Def/Res tank, you can go with the following:
+Def, -Spd/Res
Binding Blade [special]
Ignis
Steady Breath
Guard
Close Def

I highly discourage giving him a Spd tank build as it is more expensive and it performs even worse:
+Spd, -Res
Reprisal Sword [Spd] (If you do not want wait, you can use Wo Dao)
Moonbow*
Atk/Spd Bond**
Quick Riposte
Atk/Def Bond — Darting Stance
*You can run Blue Flame if you use Darting Breath
**You can substitute this with any skill that boosts both Spd and Atk, such as Fury and Darting Breath (activating a stronger Special is the the same as increasing Atk).

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on your play style and what you have access to. Flying units are the easiest Player Phase units to use in my opinion since you can use Dance/Sing-Reposition almost anywhere on the map. I use ASS!Takumi/WOF!Hinoka, HNY!Azura, BB!Ninian, and NS!F!Corrin to clear most Chain Challenges.

If you are planning to use Enemy Phase units, you might want to use non-dragon infantry units since a lot of the Dancers run effective Weapons against dragons and armor.

90% I go for player phase  cavalry/flier  ranged units, but out of pettiness I don't pull Bownoka (my Kinshikumi is max merged, however), and I have Peganino,  Summer Corrin, NY Azura, Skylivia, Bride Ninian, Summer Camilla,  Summer Tana, Halloween Nowi, Halloween Mia, and Elincia.  For quick sweep, which should I use? 

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Spd and Quick Riposte do completely different things for Enemy Phase units. Spd is used to help prevent enemy follow up attacks; Quick Riposte is used to ensure the unit can perform follow up attacks.

Roy is awfully slow in a bad way, so he is definitely not suited for a Spd tank build in my opinion. As a Def/Res tank, his stats are poorly allocated (too much Spd and Res, not enough Def). I would only use Roy as a dragon counter, but if you want to use him as a Def/Res tank, you can go with the following:
+Def, -Spd/Res
Binding Blade [special]
Ignis
Steady Breath
Guard
Close Def

I highly discourage giving him a Spd tank build as it is more expensive and it performs even worse:
+Spd, -Res
Reprisal Sword [Spd] (If you do not want wait, you can use Wo Dao)
Moonbow*
Atk/Spd Bond**
Quick Riposte
Atk/Def Bond — Darting Stance
*You can run Blue Flame if you use Darting Breath
**You can substitute this with any skill that boosts both Spd and Atk, such as Fury and Darting Breath (activating a stronger Special is the the same as increasing Atk).

I  think i'll go with the +defense build yeah. Roy's base defense isn't that amazing, but his sword,close defense and steady breath seem to be doing a very good job patching it up.

17 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i have a netural genny, and not sure if i'll ever get another one
so.. it makes sense to Dazzle her, right?

Yeah, I would give her Gravity a Dazzling Staff Refine.

17 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

90% I go for player phase  cavalry/flier  ranged units, but out of pettiness I don't pull Bownoka (my Kinshikumi is max merged, however), and I have Peganino,  Summer Corrin, NY Azura, Skylivia, Bride Ninian, Summer Camilla,  Summer Tana, Halloween Nowi, Halloween Mia, and Elincia.  For quick sweep, which should I use? 

Any Mage Flier
Blade
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A Skill that boosts Atk and Spd)
Desperation
(Any C Skill)
Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

BB!Ninian
Fresh Bouquet
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A Skill)
(Any B Skill)
Fortify Fliers
Hone Attack

HNY!Azura
(Any Weapon)
Sing
(Any Special)
(Any A Skill)
(Any B Skill)
Hone Fliers
(Any Sacred Seal)

TLB!Mia
Pain [Dazzling Staff] — Gravity [Dazzling Staff] — Pain [Wrathful Staff] — Gravity [Wrathful Staff]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Atk/Spd Solo
Wrathful Staff — Dazzling Staff
Hone Fliers
Attack +3 — Speed +3

TLB!Mia
Witchy Wand [Dazzling Staff]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Attack +3
(Any B Skill)
Hone Fliers
Attack +3 — Speed +3

8 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Which A skill could I give to Helbindi? I’d like it to be something in the 4* pool, but fury seems counterproducent considering that he has Guard. 

The recoil from Fury does not matter if Helbindi is only going to fight one or two opponents per map or if the map is really short.

Does playing Heroes in low Data mode use less phone battery?  I hardly ever play with sound, and the graphics look pretty similar, but my phone is always draining way too fast.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does playing Heroes in low Data mode use less phone battery?  I hardly ever play with sound, and the graphics look pretty similar, but my phone is always draining way too fast.

I don't recall noting a difference in terms of battery drain, but I switched because I hadn't the space any more and I haven't had the game slow down as much either.

Anyways, fodder questions.

Spoiler

1. MagEirika has got Swift Sparrow and Rally Atk/Spd, which I want to give to one unit. So far I've rounded it down to Caeda, Karla, Lancina, LunEirika, Leif, Titania with a few outside bets like SummeLinde, M!Morgan, Marth, Vamp!Henry, Eliwood, Est, Valter, Ursula and Brinian in case any of those seem better.

2. Garmphraim. I had decided to give Special Fighter. Who wants that more? Faster units like LAliwood or someone like Hector?

3. Brave Bow+. Is it worthwhile to maximise speed on a BB archer, or should they be just about attack? Because I'm not sure who should get that.

4. Pain+. Is it more worthwhile on Ethlyn or Elise?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

As far as I know it doesn't, it uses less storage space

Do you play on an iPhone or Android?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I can't see why it would drain noticeably less battery. All it does is use lower-resolution assets, which, while taking up less physical space, shouldn't significantly change the amount of processing power used.

That said, I'm no expert on the matter.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Garmphraim. I had decided to give Special Fighter. Who wants that more? Faster units like LAliwood or someone like Hector?

Anyone that can guarantee a follow-up, either with a high Spd stat or with a weapon effect. Personally, I don't think Eliwood is fast enough.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Brave Bow+. Is it worthwhile to maximise speed on a BB archer, or should they be just about attack? Because I'm not sure who should get that.

Atk should be prioritized first.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Pain+. Is it more worthwhile on Ethlyn or Elise?

Line by line until you find the first statement that matches you:

• If you ever plan on using both of them in the same team, then Ethlin.
  • Otherwise, if you use Elise significantly more than Ethlin, then Elise.
  • Otherwise, Ethlin.

45 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

As far as I know it doesn't, it uses less storage space

Do you play on an iPhone or Android?

Android

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can't see why it would drain noticeably less battery. All it does is use lower-resolution assets, which, while taking up less physical space, shouldn't significantly change the amount of processing power used.

That said, I'm no expert on the matter.

IIRC, all it does is use lower quality sound clips for character voices.

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Android

Do you let Heroes run in the background, or any other apps, that'll kill your battery quicker.