"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What are some good builds for Est with her new refine? I've never really tried building her up aside from her base kit.

Here's a budget build

Whitewing Spear

Glimmer

Death Blow

Hit and Run

Goad Fliers

Heavy Blade

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What are some good builds for Est with her new refine? I've never really tried building her up aside from her base kit.

I was going to write an answer but I'll just second silveraura's build, you could also consider Defense Ploy for the C slot.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I was going to write an answer but I'll just second silveraura's build, you could also consider Defense Ploy for the C slot.

32 Res, though. Kinda ehhhhhh to me, and I run a Def Ploy Est.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

32 Res, though. Kinda ehhhhhh to me, and I run a Def Ploy Est.

I only said to consider it.

I like Def Ploy in particular because the more you need it, the more likely it is to activate. Whether the alternatives are better depends on your team composition.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

[+Atk, -Def]
Whitewing Spear [unique]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow 3 / Death Blow 4
Flier Formation 3 / Renewal 3 / Chill Def 3 / Chill Atk 3 / Drag Back / Hit and Run
Def Ploy 3 / Hone Fliers / Goad Fliers / Flier Guidance 3 / Atk Ploy 3 / whatever your team needs
Heavy Blade 3

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually I was wondering if which bane would be better for M!Robin, RES or SPD for a TA M!Robin build?

For Raven mages, I recommend -Spd. You still want some Res for taking on mages of the weaker color. If you do not have -Spd, then the next best bane is -HP; you want to keep your Def and Res intact since keeping those high will allow Triangle Adept to mitigate more damage. I would only go with -Res if you are completely sure you do not need your Raven mage to take on enemy mages.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Raven mages, I recommend -Spd. You still want some Res for taking on mages of the weaker color. If you do not have -Spd, then the next best bane is -HP; you want to keep your Def and Res intact since keeping those high will allow Triangle Adept to mitigate more damage. I would only go with -Res if you are completely sure you do not need your Raven mage to take on enemy mages.

Thank you very much for the answer, at least now I have an unit for January quests.

Too bad it's going to cost 200,000 feathers, but I waited long enough

21 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's a good C slot for Ophelia? i was thinking res smoke, but...... 
that's on L!Robin and i don't have her. 

If you are going for area Special spam, you can use Savage Blow to deal more out-of-combat damage.

Tried my luck one final time with the hero fest and got some interesting stuff. A +Atk -Def Kliff ( considering his attack now I will probably run him a blade tome and call it a day) so what are some good blade tome builds? I also got a +Spd -Def normal hector so how can I build him to make him an effective killer? Or should I fodder him off and if yes to who?

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

so what are some good blade tome builds?

The same old build:

Blade
Reposition — (Any Assist)
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

If you are whaling, here are some other alternatives:

Blade
Draconic Aura — Luna
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade

Blade
Moonbow — Glimmer
Atk/Spd Push
Renewal — Mystic Boost
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

I also got a +Spd -Def normal hector so how can I build him to make him an effective killer?

Armads
Swap — (Any Assist)
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Wary Fighter
(Any C)
Quick Riposte

Or should I fodder him off and if yes to who?

I would just hold on to him for now and see if they work better on beast units.

If you are impatient and want to fodder him right now, any dragon with a non-Distant Counter exclusive Weapon (e.g.: ASS!Tiki, A!M!Corrin, Myrrh) are good candidates.

Armor units are also good, especially the dragon ones (e.g.: TLB!Myrrh, LD!Tiki, GOW!Fae).

You can also give it to the Askr trio for scoring and having an easier time scoring bonus kills.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

The same old build:

Blade
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

If you are whaling, here are some other alternatives:

Blade
Draconic Aura — Luna
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade

Blade
Moonbow — Glimmer
Atk/Spd Push
Renewal — Mystic Boost
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Armads
Swap — (Any Assist)
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Wary Fighter
(Any C)
Quick Riposte

I would just hold on to him for now and see if they work better on beast units.

If you are impatient and want to fodder him right now, any dragon with a non-Distant Counter exclusive Weapon (e.g.: ASS!Tiki, A!M!Corrin, Myrrh) are good candidates.

Armor units are also good, especially the dragon ones (e.g.: TLB!Myrrh, LD!Tiki, GOW!Fae).

You can also give it to the Askr trio for scoring and having an easier time scoring bonus kills.

Thanks for the answers, also gave Kliff Reposition Dragonic aura Fury Desperation and trying to get a Kaze for Atk Smoke.

Now on hector, how good is Berserk Armads on him? Also if I use him he will be in an armored team so he will receive stats boosts to help his performance.

Well hadn't thought of giving DC to a laguz and it does sound nice. But if for any reasons I don't get a laguz or they don't synergize well and I have a GoW Fae (which is kind of easy to pull) then she is going to be fine with DC considering her weapon.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Thanks for the answers, also gave Kliff Reposition Dragonic aura Fury Desperation and trying to get a Kaze for Atk Smoke.

I generally do not recommend any Special other than Moonbow or Glimmer. Draconic Aura takes way too long to charge. The only time I recommend a 3 cooldown Special is if the Blade mage is also running Special Spiral and Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade to allow the Blade mage to spam Specials during every single round of combat.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Now on hector, how good is Berserk Armads on him? Also if I use him he will be in an armored team so he will receive stats boosts to help his performance.

If you are putting him in an armor team, I would go with Berserk Armads then. Berserk Armads does gives Hector better kill count, but it also significantly increases his death count. Being in an armor team with Ward Armor will help keep his death count from spiking too much, and in that case, I think it is worth it to forgo the Omnibreaker build in favor of Berserk Armads.

Basically, the main difference is that Omnibreaker allows Hector to tank some of the nastiest red nukes while Hector with Berserk Armads will just straight up die against regular red units. Even in a Ward Armor team, those buffs will not help Hector wielding Berserk Armads survive against red units unless you can stack them like crazy in Grand Conquest or something.

Spoiler

Berserk Armads
Swap — (Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte
Ward Armor
Atk/Def Bond

You can also go with a dual phase build. Hector's Enemy Phase performance is going to look like crap compared to the above Enemy Phase builds, but he will have more Player Phase presence. If you are going for a dual phase build, Hector should really avoid red units on Enemy Phase. If you are going for the dual phase build, I recommend using Berserk Armads unless you want to save Quick Riposte for another unit.

Spoiler

Armads
Swap — (Any Assist)
Bonfire (better Player Phase, worse Enemy Phase) — Moonbow (worse Player Phase, better Enemy Phase)
Distant Counter
Bold Fighter
Ward Armor
Atk/Def (better Player Phase, worse Enemy Phase) — Close Def (worse Player Phase, better Enemy Phase)

Berserk Armads
Swap — (Any Assist)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Bold Fighter
Ward Armor
Quick Riposte

7 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Who will use the same build better? I only have one copy of wrath.

Hide contents

2Q6onfd.png

Hide contents

UiDuWZx.png

For Lyn, I recommend Special Spiral instead, as that allows her to spam Moonbow during every single round of combat instead of just once per phase. You can also do Luna-Special Spiral, but that will be vulnerable to Guard. I also recommend switching out Attack +3 for Brazen Atk/Res for more power.

For Fir, I recommend switching her nature to [+Atk, -Res] as her Spd would be pointless without Desperation and she would essentially be a one shot nuke. I also recommend switching Attack +3 to Brazen Atk/Res for more power.

Edited by XRay

40 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Is this a good build for Eldigan? I want to make use of his fury refine while his son has the dark Mystletainn.

You definitely want to be running Quick Riposte and possibly also Brash Assault on him due to his middling Spd stat. Bonfire hits harder than Draconic Aura.

36 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Is this a good build for Eldigan? I want to make use of his fury refine while his son has the dark Mystletainn.

I recommend Moonbow-Desperation-Brash Assault for consistent performance. 60 Atk is not enough to one shot things. Even with Chill Def and Hone Cavalry, that only brings him up to 73, which is not really enough in my opinion.

Just got a neutral IV chrstmas Lissa. And i'm wondering, is she worth using among the pool of 100,000 other axe armors? Especially when I have others like brave Ephraim, Surtr, and legendary Hector all built up.

Or should I just fodder her for bold fighter? My original plan was giving the skill to Black Knight.

Edited by Faellin

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

two Titanias
+def/-spd or
+spd/-res

Her spd is only 31 (as a bane) so i am leaning towards this one? 

Depends on what you need her to do. If you just need her to shut down blues [+Atk/Def, -HP/Spd] is fine. +Atk is much better in my opinion to maximize the damage multiplier she gets from Triangle Adept. +Def is not really necessary, but it might be useful against Bold Fighter armor.

If you want use her offensively, [+Atk/Spd, -Res] is best for that.

Just now, Faellin said:

Just got a neutral IV chrstmas Lissa. And i'm wondering, is she worth using among the pool of 100,000 other axe armors? Especially when I have others like brave Ephraim, Surtr, and legendary Hector all built up.

Or should I just fodder her for bold fighter?

I personally keep at least one of each unit to have a variety of builds for Arena Assault/Blessed Gardens (e.g.: WE!Lissa is dedicated Enemy Phase unit, Hector runs omnibreaker, FH!M!Robin uses dual phase set), obtain bonus points, and get Hero Merit. For Arena Assault, unless you are swimming in fodder and +Atk copies, it is generally a good idea to build each unit once with each unit having only one build to make efficient use of resources. For Blessed Gardens, it is best to utilize a team composition that you are familiar with, so you want to build multiples of the same types of units. For example, I built a lot of Firesweep archers/healers to tackle those maps.

If you do not care about that, then I would just fodder.

18 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Or should I just fodder her for bold fighter? My original plan was giving the skill to Black Knight.

Well. I like Hector/Ephriaim/Surtr better (I mean compared to a neutral Lissa). 
Bold Fighter is so primo - you could just HM farm her (if you care about that), and then poof. Black Knight has bold fighter. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Black Knight has bold fighter. 

Not seeing it on his skill list, or on his page on the wiki. Neither him or Zelgius come built in with it.

His default skills are:
Steady Stance 3

Wings of Mercy 3

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you need her to do. If you just need her to shut down blues [+Atk/Def, -HP/Spd] is fine. +Atk is much better in my opinion to maximize the damage multiplier she gets from Triangle Adept. +Def is not really necessary, but it might be useful against Bold Fighter armor.

If you want use her offensively, [+Atk/Spd, -Res] is best for that.

i truly don't know as of yet. 
I have a Fred for offense (-hp, so not idealish). so a defensive check on calvary would be nice. too. 
but that's an idea too. (because of her weapon). 

I'm happy though game is giving more titanias again so i can still waitish. 

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Not seeing it on his skill list, or on his page on the wiki. Neither him or Zelgius come built in with it.

His default skills are:
Steady Stance 3

Wings of Mercy 3

he will if you give him Lissa's i mean LOL 
Like HM farm, and them Boom. BK has it (because you foddered him off)
if you don't care about HM farming, boom, BK has it right now. 

Edited by daisy jane