"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

Ah thats a good point thanks! My sanaki will probably get it then. 

Yeah. Sanaki is good too. I keep forgetting about one shot nukes sometimes.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had a problem with the game where the sound suddenly turns off,  and can't be played via the speaker? when i put my headphones in, i can hear it fine - but i can't wear my headphones all the time, and it's bugging me why this happened. i cleared my cache and i am reloading the game only option to me but this was just so bizarre.

(facepalm). this is why i should be sleeping and not playing. 
somehow i hit the mute button and it never showed on my phone. 

geeze thank goodness i didn't do anything dumb. 

Edited by daisy jane

9 hours ago, daisy jane said:

has anyone had a problem with the game where the sound suddenly turns off,  and can't be played via the speaker? when i put my headphones in, i can hear it fine - but i can't wear my headphones all the time, and it's bugging me why this happened. i cleared my cache and i am reloading the game only option to me but this was just so bizarre.

(facepalm). this is why i should be sleeping and not playing. 
somehow i hit the mute button and it never showed on my phone. 

geeze thank goodness i didn't do anything dumb. 

My phone automatically mutes itself when the headphones are removed, and I assume most other phones do the same as a "safety" (for everyone else's ears) mechanism for if you accidentally get bumped on the train and have the headphones pull out of the jack.

I think the Switch does the same thing, too.

There are a couple of units I would like to improve but I'm not sure about which skills I could give them.

The first one is Bridal Sanaki. I was thinking about replacing Nifl Frostflowers with a Bladetome. Is this a good choice? And if it is, which A and B skills should I give her? Since her base speed is a bit low, should I focus only on increasing her attack? I was thinking about giving her Death blow and maybe Chill res, but I'm not sure... Or should I still try to increase her speed as well?

The other one is kinshi Hinoka. I recently got a Firesweep bow and I was thinking about giving it to her. What could a good build for this weapon be? I also would like to find a better build for Warrior princess as well since it's very useful in arena assault. Which one could it be?

I also recently pulled spring Palla with -Spd,+Res IVs. Which B skill could I give her considering her 31 Spd?

One last question: which boon is better for legendary Roy between +Def and +Res?

9 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

The first one is Bridal Sanaki. I was thinking about replacing Nifl Frostflowers with a Bladetome. Is this a good choice? And if it is, which A and B skills should I give her? Since her base speed is a bit low, should I focus only on increasing her attack? I was thinking about giving her Death blow and maybe Chill res, but I'm not sure... Or should I still try to increase her speed as well?

Her Spd is in the salvageable range if you use the Darting Blow Sacred Seal, but it's probably still best to focus on killing in a single hit if you're using Gronnblade.

14 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

The other one is kinshi Hinoka. I recently got a Firesweep bow and I was thinking about giving it to her. What could a good build for this weapon be? I also would like to find a better build for Warrior princess as well since it's very useful in arena assault. Which one could it be?

Firesweep Bow+ pretty much just needs one of Life and Death 3, Atk/Spd Bond 3 (with Flier Formation), or Atk/Spd Solo 3 (without Flier Formation) in the A slot.

Warrior Princess wants Death Blow 4 or Sturdy Impact if possible or Death Blow 3 if not.

The other skill slots for both builds are rather flexible. Optimally, you'll probably want Chill Def on someone on the team, though it doesn't have to be Hinoka.

21 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I also recently pulled spring Palla with -Spd,+Res IVs. Which B skill could I give her considering her 31 Spd?

Axebreaker, G Tomebreaker, Swordbreaker, Desperation, Chill Def, Chill Spd, Flier Formation.

25 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

One last question: which boon is better for legendary Roy between +Def and +Res?

Depends on what you want him to fight. I would personally pick Def, but that's because I run into more Surtrs, Ephraims, and Hectors than Grimas and Faes.

35 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Either option is fine. I prefer increasing her Spd since she should still be able to reach 40+ Spd if you Spd stack her.

Desperation Nuke:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Darting Blow — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

One Shot Nuke:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B)
(Any C)
Attack +3

Counter-Vantage:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Close Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res

For Arena Assault, Firesweep Bow is superior to Warrior Princess in my opinion since Firesweep Bow can safely take down a lot of Distant Counter units.

Firesweep archers almost always have the same build:
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Life and Death
Poison Strike — (Any B)
Savage Blow — (Any C)
Poison Strike — Savage Blow — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

You can use focus on killing armor units in one shot with Warrior Princess, or you can focus on doubling armor units with Desperation. I prefer Desperation.

Anti Armor One Shot Nuke:
Warrior Princess
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B) — Chill Def
(Any C)
Attack +3

Anti Armor Desperation Nuke:
Warrior Princess
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

You can use her as a regular nuke and fix her Spd.

Barb Shuriken [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)

If you need her to counter armor units, similar to WOF!Hinoka, you can either focus on killing armor units in one shot or try to double them.

Pegasus Carrot [Atk]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B) — Chill Def
(Any C)
Attack +3

Pegasus Carrot [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

Depends on what you need him to face more. If you need him to bait mages and counter dragons more, +Res is better. If you need him to take on physical opponents more, +Def is better.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fliers can't use the Flashing Blade Sacred Seal.

Brain fart. I was thinking of BB!Cordelia at the time with Moonbow-Flashing Blade.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her Spd is in the salvageable range if you use the Darting Blow Sacred Seal, but it's probably still best to focus on killing in a single hit if you're using Gronnblade.

Firesweep Bow+ pretty much just needs one of Life and Death 3, Atk/Spd Bond 3 (with Flier Formation), or Atk/Spd Solo 3 (without Flier Formation) in the A slot.

Warrior Princess wants Death Blow 4 or Sturdy Impact if possible or Death Blow 3 if not.

The other skill slots for both builds are rather flexible. Optimally, you'll probably want Chill Def on someone on the team, though it doesn't have to be Hinoka.

Axebreaker, G Tomebreaker, Swordbreaker, Desperation, Chill Def, Chill Spd, Flier Formation.

Depends on what you want him to fight. I would personally pick Def, but that's because I run into more Surtrs, Ephraims, and Hectors than Grimas and Faes.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Either option is fine. I prefer increasing her Spd since she should still be able to reach 40+ Spd if you Spd stack her.

Desperation Nuke:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

One Shot Nuke:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B)
(Any C)
Attack +3

Counter-Vantage:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Close Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res

For Arena Assault, Firesweep Bow is superior to Warrior Princess in my opinion since Firesweep Bow can safely take down a lot of Distant Counter units.

Firesweep archers almost always have the same build:
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna
Life and Death
Poison Strike — (Any B)
Savage Blow — (Any C)
Poison Strike — Savage Blow — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

You can use focus on killing armor units in one shot with Warrior Princess, or you can focus on doubling armor units with Desperation. I prefer Desperation.

Warrior Princess
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B) — Chill Def
(Any C)
Attack +3

Warrior Princess
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

You can use her as a regular nuke and fix her Spd.

Barb Shuriken [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)

If you need her to counter armor units, similar to WOF!Hinoka, you can either focus on killing armor units in one shot or try to double them.

Pegasus Carrot [Atk]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B) — Chill Def
(Any C)
Attack +3

Pegasus Carrot [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)

Depends on what you need him to face more. If you need him to bait mages and counter dragons more, +Res is better. If you need him to take on physical opponents more, +Def is better.

Thanks so much to both for the detailed explanation! 

I have a question regarding the dual skills. If a unit, let's say L!Azura, has a dual skill, does having additional merges affect their Arena score?

Let's look at another unit. Catria has 158 BST. She's 12 stats away from the 170 listed by dual skills. If she had the dual skill and 5 merges, would her score via her BST be 170 or 170+10 stats from her merges?

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I have a question regarding the dual skills. If a unit, let's say L!Azura, has a dual skill, does having additional merges affect their Arena score?

Let's look at another unit. Catria has 158 BST. She's 12 stats away from the 170 listed by dual skills. If she had the dual skill and 5 merges, would her score via her BST be 170 or 170+10 stats from her merges?

Score from BST and score from merges are completely separate things, with the one exception that the elimination of your bane increases the BST. Catria's BST is therefore 158 at +0, and 161 at any other merge level (assuming no superboons or banes) Having B Duel Flier simply sets it to 170.

Your score goes up by 2 for every multiple of 5 BST, so by going from 158 to 161 you go up by one multiple, i.e. 2 points, and then from 161 to 170 is 2 more multiples, i.e. a further 4 points.

The score calculation from merges is rather simple. It's simply +4 points to the value of the unit for every merge. This applies regardless of unit rarity.

You can play around with the score calculator here to see it in action. Increasing Catria's merge level from 0 to 1 increases her points by 6. This is because going up one BST bin increases it by 2, and the merge increases it by 4. You can also see the BST number itself increase. Every subsequent merge does not modify the BST, and the point value goes up by just the 4 points.

Edited by Humanoid

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Score from BST and score from merges are completely separate things, with the one exception that the elimination of your bane increases the BST. Catria's BST is therefore 158 at +0, and 161 at any other merge level. Having B Duel Flier simply sets it to 170. Your score goes up by 2 for every multiple of 5 BST.

The score calculation from merges is more general. It's simply +4 points to the value of the unit for every merge (and this applies regardless of unit rarity).

You can play around with the score calculator here to see it in action. Increasing Catria's merge level from 0 to 1 increases her points by 6. This is because going up one BST bin increases it by 2, and the merge increases it by 4. You can also see the BST number itself increase. Every subsequent merge does not modify the BST, and the point value goes up by just the 4 points.

I see, thanks for the information. I suppose if I don't have a use for the skills of additional L!Azura copies, merges will boost her Arena score.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Among playable characters, I believe it's just Yarne that's left.

Correct.

And there are no villain or NPC beasts I believe. All Taguel but Panne and Yarne are dead due to some humans driving them to extinction in the past, and for some reason Grima never made Risen out of them. 

As for Fateslandia's Kitsune and Wolfskin, they are living peoples with generic members. On CQ, you fight the Kitsune in one battle, and on BR, you fight the Wolfskin in one battle, each time the playable male of the group leads as the boss. I am not aware if there are any named NPC Kitsune/Wolfskin, but I do not think so.

At best, if you breed Robin/Corrin with a Taguel/Kitsune/Wolfskin, you can get a Morgan/Kana that is half-beast, but FEH doesn't force pairings like this.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I've heard of and seen occasionally full flier teams with ward flier.  If I am lucky enough to pull a Yune or two this is something I would like to build, anyone using this sort of team and have knowledge/advice?  Also what do such teams do about bow users, effective damage is usually pretty darn effective.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I've heard of and seen occasionally full flier teams with ward flier.  If I am lucky enough to pull a Yune or two this is something I would like to build, anyone using this sort of team and have knowledge/advice?  Also what do such teams do about bow users, effective damage is usually pretty darn effective.

I'm currently running a full Goad Fliers team on defense, which behaves similarly.

Typically, you build the team with a mix of melee and ranged units and give every unit either Wings of Mercy or Flier Formation. Legendary Azura and Galeforce are both useful for such a team to get your units to hit the opponent's usually less guarded back line.

Bow users I think are typically handled by your Iote's Shield Sacred Seal and possibly Legendary Grima and also a unit with Hardy Bearing or Firesweep/Dazzling Staff to disable the occasional Close Counter + Vantage combination.

So, I got 4 Lewyns on this Mythic banner. 2 have bad IVs and will be foddered. The other 2 are +Atk/-Res and +Spd/-Def. Which one should I keep? I don't know if I have a 3rd unit to give Special Spiral to, but who knows?! 

Also, who would be a good Special Spiral user? One of my Lewyns will die for Ophelia. The other one/two I don't know yet. 

Edit: What A skill should I have on Ophelia? Deathblow? 

Should I keep my +Atk/-Res Kagero or +Res/-Spd? I'll keep one and have the other as Bold Fighter fodder

Edited by Rinco

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Brave Lyn, is +Atk or +Spd generally the preferred asset?

+Atk is more effective for Brave Bow set while +Spd is more effective for Firesweep or Mulagir set.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, I got 4 Lewyns on this Mythic banner. 2 have bad IVs and will be foddered. The other 2 are +Atk/-Res and +Spd/-Def. Which one should I keep? I don't know if I have a 3rd unit to give Special Spiral to, but who knows?! 

+Atk is better in modes where Spd is less competitive (Arena score range 720+, Abyssal, etc.) while +Spd is better in modes where Spd is more competitive (Aether Raids, Arena in lower score ranges, etc.). I would personally go for +Spd, but either option is fine.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

Also, who would be a good Special Spiral user? One of my Lewyns will die for Ophelia. The other one/two I don't know yet. 

If you want to emulate Ophelia's Blazing-Hardy Bearing spams, Ishtar and Tailtiu can also do it, but less effectively due to lower Atk and harder setup, although it is still pretty lethal. High Atk bow and dagger users can also utilize that set up, but they also have difficulty setting it up.

For just Blazing spams, any high Atk unit can utilize Blazing-Heavy Blade, but without Hardy Bearing, they are vulnerable to Vantage units.

Alternatively, they can also just spam Moonbow/Glimmer with Special Spiral-Heavy Blade, or Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg if they have Weapons that makes Specials easier to trigger.

— — — — — — —

Any Player Phase combat unit that does not need their B slot to function.

In addition to one shot nukes above, slow Brave nukes can also utilize it to spam Moonbow.

Units with Desperation built into their Weapons can also use it, such as A Sketchy Summer Weapons and Sol Katti. They can go for the Wrath or Special Spiral. Wrath does more damage, but they can only utilize it once per turn. Special Spiral does not deal as much damage, but they can spam Specials multiple times per turn if they have multiple Dancer/Singer allies. Which one you use is mostly down to preference.

— — — — — — —

Seliph is extremely bulky due to Tyrfing. He can only be easily killed by Blazing nukes, quad nukes, and super high Atk nukes that can trigger his Miracle on the first hit and then kill him with a follow-up attack. Since Seliph is so bulky, he does not need any other defensive skills and just focus on maximizing damage output. Seliph can retaliate with instant Bonfire triggers for example.

Tyrfing [special] — Tyrfing [Atk]
(Any Assist)
Ignis (with Fierce Breath) — Luna — Bonfire
Fierce Breath — Distant Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk or Atk/Def)
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Fierce Stance — Quick Riposte

The skill set in bold underlined survives all melee units on the Hard List, assuming both sides are +10 and both have 6/6/6/6 buffs.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

Edit: What A skill should I have on Ophelia? Deathblow? 

If you are running Blazing Spam, she should run Life and Death. Blazings do not take invisible in combat stats into account, so you need her visible Atk stat as high as possible.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

Should I keep my +Atk/-Res Kagero or +Res/-Spd? I'll keep one and have the other as Bold Fighter fodder

Depends on how you use her. If you use her as a Player Phase unit, go with +Atk. If you use her as an Enemy Phase unit, then +Res is better.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Brave Lyn, is +Atk or +Spd generally the preferred asset?

If she is running Brave Bow, +Atk is better.

If she is not running Brave Bow, either is fine. +Atk is better in modes where Spd is less competitive (Arena score range 720+, Abyssal, etc.) while +Spd is better in modes where Spd is more competitive (Aether Raids, Arena in lower score ranges, etc.).

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Out of curiosity, are there any units with a personal “ignore dump stat” skill, like Hrid, Brave Ephraim, etc, where that dump stat isn’t speed? Have they tried to do that with other stats in some way?

Nope. Atk, Def, and Res contribute directly to damage calculation, which is a numerical effect, whereas Spd is used as a relative comparison for a binary (yes-or-no) effect.

For numerical effects, the exact value of the stat (technically, the exact difference between your stat and the opponent's stat that it's compared against) matters all the way through the calculation, whereas for binary effects, the exact value (technically, the exact difference again) is thrown out after the comparison is complete. This makes it harder to create "ignore" type effects for numerical effects since a single point of difference in the stat is carried through the entire calculation and influences the final result.