"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recall there are any such changes, or at least I do not see any such announcements from the Notifications.

Sorry I meant to say , what are the chances that future banners will be as good as the current mythic one?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Sorry I meant to say , what are the chances that future banners will be as good as the current mythic one?

Nobody but the developers themselves know.

You can consult the speculation thread for April's Legendary/Mythic Focus. If it is something on the calendar like a themed Focus (skill, BHB, etc.), that can be speculated too. That is pretty much it in terms speculating to any degree of accuracy.

Trying to speculate Special Heroes Foci and New Heroes Foci before their trailers comes out is completely pointless in my opinion since there is nothing to go on.

Edited by XRay

I have 2 spring Pallas. Both have an ark bane, one has a spd boon and the other has def. If I were to merge them should that negate the -atk bane when she reaches lv 40

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I have 2 spring Pallas. Both have an ark bane, one has a spd boon and the other has def. If I were to merge them should that negate the -atk bane when she reaches lv 40

If you merge them, it gets rid of the Bane as soon as you merge.  You can tell, because the stat in red will go away.  I'd recommend using the Speed boon.

Is a +Spd Nanna a decent choice if I want to promote a Staff unit to 5*? Offensively speaking I mean; I'd think them pretty much identical on the healing front given the same healing Assist.

I currently lack a 5* Staff unit and have several units with default Fury. Although I know in plenty of instances that I wouldn't need a healer for them, I'd like to have one ready in my roster just in case there was a scenario when I did. It seems healers get a giant improvement in their healing abilities at 5*.

Does someone have an example of making the ultimate supported unit using M!Corn's Yato and Kaden's Kitsune Fang?

Guessing you'd need to max drives on Kaden and Corn, have them both near the defending unit and get buffs on Kaden too? 

Debating making this my go-to AR strategy just to cheese out content. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is a +Spd Nanna a decent choice if I want to promote a Staff unit to 5*? Offensively speaking I mean; I'd think them pretty much identical on the healing front given the same healing Assist.

I currently lack a 5* Staff unit and have several units with default Fury. Although I know in plenty of instances that I wouldn't need a healer for them, I'd like to have one ready in my roster just in case there was a scenario when I did. It seems healers get a giant improvement in their healing abilities at 5*.

In terms of healing, there isn't too much of a difference between most staff units. The difference between a Nanna [=Atk] and Laevatein [+Atk] is 6 points of healing with Recover+, all else equal.

In terms of direct damage, Nanna is on the lower end due to her relatively low Atk stat. That said, staves are typically not used for direct damage as their primary purpose, with the after-combat effects of Pain+ or Gravity+ being more valuable, and those don't depend on your offensive stats at all (but do require you to promote another staff unit to transfer the weapon since Nanna doesn't start with one of them); rather, their effectiveness typically depends more on your mobility.

2 hours ago, Noir said:

Does someone have an example of making the ultimate supported unit using M!Corn's Yato and Kaden's Kitsune Fang?

Guessing you'd need to max drives on Kaden and Corn, have them both near the defending unit and get buffs on Kaden too? 

Debating making this my go-to AR strategy just to cheese out content. 

For Aether Raids, I used Distant Counter Sharena, M!Corrin, M!Corrin, Eir, and Eir. Dual Kadens can work too, but it might be more difficult to set up and if Kaden is Panicked, he will not provide buffs I think.

I use Sharena since she is free, a frequent bonus unit, and she can shut down enemy buffs. If you have the Orbs to spend, FV!F!Robin is good too. Players also use HS!Camilla, but she is harder to merge due to requiring lots of Grails.

I have 3 shigures, all of them are +hp -spd and one of them is 5* so... should I merge them? and what weapon is better for him? I’m between FS lance and his default harmonic lance because it’s refinable. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

I have 3 shigures, all of them are +hp -spd and one of them is 5* so... should I merge them? and what weapon is better for him? I’m between FS lance and his default harmonic lance because it’s refinable. Thank you!

If you plan to merge him to +10, you might as well merge him now and use him in the mean time.

As for what his Weapon should be, it depends on what you need him to do.

Slaying/Harmonic-Moonbow

Spoiler

+Atk/Spd

Slaying Lance [Spd] -- Harmonic Lance [Spd]

Reposition

Moonbow

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that increases Atk/Spd)

Brave

Spoiler

Brave Lance

Reposition

Luna

Desperation

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that increases Atk/Spd)

Firesweep

Spoiler

+Atk/Spd

Firesweep L

Reposition

Moonbow -- Luna

Hit and Run -- Poison Strike -- (Any B)

(Any C)

Poison Strike -- (Any Sacred Seal that increases Atk/Spd)

Galeforce

Spoiler

+Atk

Slaying [Spd]

Reposition

Galeforce

Desperation

(Any C)

Heavy Blade

How should I build a Lilina for Special Spiral? I’d like to make a Blazing build, but I’m not sure if I should try insta Blazing or charge ir by Heavy Blade SS. Also, other options for Blazing mages? I have 2 Special Spiral fodder, although one will probably be reserved for the day Ophelia finally comes home

Edit: what about a dagger with Ouch Pouch or Barb Shuriken?

Edited by Javi Blizz

How does follow up negation work? I notice Tibarn can still double Wary Fighter Surtr, and I’m assuming that’s because Tibarn has two methods of doubling (hawk king claw and superior speed) and Surtr can only negate one. Is this how it works? If so, is it possible to have a build where you can double even with Wary Fighter or windsweep?

9 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

How does follow up negation work? I notice Tibarn can still double Wary Fighter Surtr, and I’m assuming that’s because Tibarn has two methods of doubling (hawk king claw and superior speed) and Surtr can only negate one. Is this how it works? If so, is it possible to have a build where you can double even with Wary Fighter or windsweep?

A Spd check is performed and if there's the appropriate difference between Spd that will allow Tibarn to double, he will~

Hostile Springs Elise or Spring Palla with Windsweep and Pegasus Carrot will double Surtr, Hector, etc.

t10EoqW.png

eqoUZ26.png

5rgDwCB.png

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

How should I build a Lilina for Special Spiral? I’d like to make a Blazing build, but I’m not sure if I should try insta Blazing or charge ir by Heavy Blade SS. Also, other options for Blazing mages? I have 2 Special Spiral fodder, although one will probably be reserved for the day Ophelia finally comes home

The only characters capable of fully charging an AoE at the start of the map without direct help from a teammate are Ophelia and Navarre, and only Ophelia is capable of doing so without running Quickened Pulse in her Sacred Seal slot.

With help from Wolfpup Fang, Infantry Pulse, and Ostia's Pulse, you can get any unit to fully charge an AoE at the start of the map. With a weapon with the Slaying weapon effect, you can run Hardy Bearing in the Sacred Seal slot if you have enough teammates to fully charge without Quickened Pulse. Without a weapon with the Slaying weapon effect, you need a skill like Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade to pull it off (this includes Ouch Pouch and It's Curtains...).

Quick run-down of every unit that can AoE spam:

Self-sufficient (can run Hardy Bearing):

• Ophelia (needs any 2 tome-using teammates)

Self-sufficient (runs Quickened Pulse or can run Hardy Bearing with +1 charge from allies):

• Navarre

Needs +3 charge on first turn (can run Hardy Bearing if all 3 charges come from allies):

• Any sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger infantry or armor running a Slaying weapon or exclusive weapon with the same effect
  • Merric
  • Ishtar
  • Nailah
  • Ares

Needs +4 charge on first turn and Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade (or another skill with the effect, like Bold Fighter or Infantry Rush support):

• Any infantry or armor not running a Slaying weapon or exclusive weapon with the same effect

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yep, that's how it works.

Effects that grant follow-ups and prevent a follow-ups cancel each other out one at a time (a natural follow-up from having 5 more Spd than the opponent grants you a follow-up, but doesn't prevent the opponent's follow-up). If any effects that grant follow-ups still remain at the end, the unit makes a follow-up.

Null Follow-Up negates all of the opponent's effects that grant them a follow-up and prevent your follow-up before you start cancelling effects one at a time except for the natural follow-up.

A unit with Wary Fighter or Windsweep can double as long as it has 2 effects elsewhere that grant a follow-up. For example,

• Halloween Myrrh with Spirit Breath and Wary Fighter or Windsweep will double on player phase if she has enough Def and Spd to activate Spirit Breath's effect and also double naturally.
    • +1 from Spirit Breath, +1 from natural follow-up, -1 from Wary Fighter or Windsweep results in the +1 needed for a follow-up.
  • Vanilla Hector with Armads and Wary Fighter and Brave Hector with Maltet and Wary Fighter will double on enemy phase if they have the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal equipped and their HP is high enough to activate both their weapon's effect and Quick Riposte's effect.
    • +1 from Armads or Maltet, +1 from Quick Riposte, -1 from Wary Fighter results in the +1 needed for a follow-up.
    • This is often referred to as the "omnibreaker" set since it has the same effect as a weaponbreaker skill, but works against all enemies, though it only works on enemy phase.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, other options for Blazing mages? I have 2 Special Spiral fodder, although one will probably be reserved for the day Ophelia finally comes home

I would also add Tailtiu. She is a bit different in that she can only spam Blazings once per round due to Wrath, and while she does have 5 lower Atk than Ophelia (assuming Tailtiu runs Tome of Thoron [Atk]), Wrath causes Tailtiu to hit 10 extra damage during Blazing trigger so she has about the same damage output as Ophelia for 1 round of combat.

For Ouch Pouch, the unit can spam Moonbow immediately, but Blazing Spam still needs Heavy Blade.

@Ice Dragon, I’ve been considering to give Barb Shuriken+ to my +Atk/-Def Sothe. With Pulses from B!Ike and either Marisa or L!Hector, and the QP Sacred Seal I understand that he would be able to spam blazing AOE. 

@XRay, what about giving Tailtiu Special Spiral? Would she get +3 or only the highest? 

6 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@XRay, what about giving Tailtiu Special Spiral? Would she get +3 or only the highest? 

That is what I meant. Tailtiu has Wrath in her Weapon, so it functions like a Slaying Weapon once per round, so she can sort of spam Blazings like Ophelia and run Hardy Bearing.

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

what about giving Tailtiu Special Spiral? Would she get +3 or only the highest? 

That's already with Special Spiral taken into account.

She has a 4-charge AoE Special due to lack of Special acceleration, charges 1 point from her attack, 2 points from Special Spiral, and 1 point from Tome of Thoron's Wrath effect at the beginning of the next turn.

This means that if she gets danced, she won't have her Special ready for the next round of combat since Wrath hasn't charged the last point of Special gauge yet (compared to everyone else on my list, who can use their Special on every round of combat).

This also requires activating Wrath first by taking damage (like stepping on a Bolt Trap).

On 3/29/2019 at 1:02 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I'm currently running a full Goad Fliers team on defense, which behaves similarly.

Typically, you build the team with a mix of melee and ranged units and give every unit either Wings of Mercy or Flier Formation. Legendary Azura and Galeforce are both useful for such a team to get your units to hit the opponent's usually less guarded back line.

Bow users I think are typically handled by your Iote's Shield Sacred Seal and possibly Legendary Grima and also a unit with Hardy Bearing or Firesweep/Dazzling Staff to disable the occasional Close Counter + Vantage combination.

Well didn't pull any Yune, but pulled 2 Legendary Azura.  I got Cordelia Galeforce, but unmerged, I think she would really need merges to get her speed high enough (mine is +spd), flier formation on all is also an investment even when Spring Loki hits the shop.  Your team does look deadly though, thanks for answering.  

My Marthed Mask +10 has been pretty idle since, well, since forever despite all the resources I've invested into building him. Mainly this is because I have many other strong red units, with Tiki (Earth), Palla (Earth) and Lilina (Fire) also being +10. So I figure it's time to change that, and the impetus was it being a week where neither Earth nor Fire blessings are active.

Now, Water has Olivia and a mildly merged Eirika occupying the red infantry slots (my Water team is basically just Nino+10 and her posse), so that leaves Wind as the only viable blessing - a good thing since I basically have a horse team on Wind and no one else. Conveniently I've just converted my Legendary Lucina from -Spd to +Spd (+1) so a legendary with good synergy is available (I have Legendary Lyn and Gunnthra too but they don't really fit). So this post is really all about building this Wind core. Provisionally I have the other two members being CYL Lucina (because I couldn't resist the theme team and because she's +Atk +2) and Fae (+Spd +1 but can easily add merges).

Masked Marth (+10) - Spectrum Bond Falchion, Fury, Wrath, ???, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond.

Legendary Lucina (+Spd +1) - Default kit, Drive Spd Seal. Replace WoM with Desperation maybe?

CYL Lucina (+Atk +2) - Completely unbuilt. I'm going to say I'll keep her default weapon, and run Drives in both the C and S slots. What do I want in the A and B slots to best fill the weaknesses in this team?

Fae (+Spd +1) - Lightning Breath+ (Spd), Fury, ???, ???, Spd/Res Bond. She seems pretty key here in that she's the only one with any resistance worth a damn, but she also needs good killing power since she's my only source of magic damage here. Not sure what I can do to properly support both roles.

No real premium fodder so I'm mostly looking for 4* skills available.

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Masked Marth (+10) - Spectrum Bond Falchion, Fury, Wrath, ???, Moonbow, Atk/Spd Bond.

I assume she is an Enemy Phase Spd tank rather than a nuke. The only problem I can think of is that you might have some difficulty dealing with Surtr. Surtr is easier to deal with using Player Phase units rather than Enemy Phase units in my opinion. C slot does not really matter, but I recommend Hone Atk or Hone Spd for GA!Lucina.

I personally lean towards Player Phase:
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — (Any Sacred Seal)

As an Enemy Phase unit, I would make some slight adjustments:
Falchion [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Spd/Def Bond
Wrath — Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Bond
Wrath is fine if most of her foes are slow, but if most of them are fast, then Quick Riposte is better.

50 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Legendary Lucina (+Spd +1) - Default kit, Drive Spd Seal. Replace WoM with Desperation maybe?

Yeah, and I would also add Moonbow.

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

CYL Lucina (+Atk +2) - Completely unbuilt. I'm going to say I'll keep her default weapon, and run Drives in both the C and S slots. What do I want in the A and B slots to best fill the weaknesses in this team?

She is the weakest link in the team in my opinion. If you want to use her anyways, she can run Fury-Desperation or Spd/Def Bond-Quick Riposte. Since GA!Lucina already got Player Phase covered, I lean a bit more towards having BH!Lucina run an Enemy Phase set.

Player Phase:
Geirskögul
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal)

Enemy Phase
Geirskögul
Reposition
Moonbow
Spd/Def Bond — (Any A that boosts Spd/Def)
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal)

I would personally replace her with either Reyson or Leanne to give GA!Lucina Singer support as well as healing for Marth!Lucina and Fae. I would also make sure those Marth!Lucina an Fae have Reposition to keep the Heron away from GA!Lucina after Sing-Reposition combo since you do not want to undo GA!Lucina's Desperation. If that is too much of a hassle for Desperation, you can give GA!Lucina Guard instead of Desperation so there is no downside to healing her.

59 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Fae (+Spd +1) - Lightning Breath+ (Spd), Fury, ???, ???, Spd/Res Bond. She seems pretty key here in that she's the only one with any resistance worth a damn, but she also needs good killing power since she's my only source of magic damage here. Not sure what I can do to properly support both roles.

Enemy Phase units need Quick Riposte, and Fae is not fast enough to consistently perform follow-up attacks without it. Again, C slot does not really matter, but I recommend Hone Atk or Hone Spd.

Spd Tank:
Lightning Breath [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Bonfire (with Breath) — Iceberg (with Breath)
Fury — Darting Breath
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
Atk/Spd Bond — Spd/Res Bond — Darting Stance — Atk/Def Bond
Darting Breath is not actually out yet. I assume you are running a Spd tank build, if not, then Steady Breath and Warding Breath are both fine too.

@XRay Yeah, I realise the team has a lot of shortcomings but the candidate pool is pretty thin in terms of merged units. Definitely have my reservations about CYL Lucina (refine when?) but her extra merge over my +1 Nephenee has her in the team for now. I'd have considered a mage but I have +10 Lilina in Fire and +10 Nino in Water so I'm reluctant to invest too much in yet another mage. I mean logically it'd be a blue mage (and that'd surely be Tailtiu) but then I'd be doubling up on the blue ranged slot. Reinhardt+2 is actually already in Wind but I struggle to see any synergy with him. Going with grey I'd wouldn't want to double up on a physical ranged unit so I'd have to go with a healer and I'm not sure I want to do that for a core blessing team.

Alternatively I could go with some sort of green axe perhaps. Cherche would make a great player phase assassin and I do have her as 4*+10, which will have to do for now. But with no fliers in Wind, she loses a bit of synergy by not being able to fit into a flier team. Hopefully a legendary Wind flier releases eventually. I also have 4*+10 Frederick but he wouldn't have the sheer killing power I need (refine when?).

I do have Inigo with a Wind blessing so he can slot in anytime scoring doesn't matter. If I did ARs and could merge Young Azura I might be able to just go with her, but I don't so that's just a pipe dream. I don't have Reyson, not even at 4*, let alone Leanne. (Panne is the only beast unit I have actually)

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

@XRay Yeah, I realise the team has a lot of shortcomings but the candidate pool is pretty thin in terms of merged units. Definitely have my reservations about CYL Lucina (refine when?) but her extra merge over my +1 Nephenee has her in the team for now. I'd have considered a mage but I have +10 Lilina in Fire and +10 Nino in Water so I'm reluctant to invest too much in yet another mage. I mean logically it'd be a blue mage (and that'd surely be Tailtiu) but then I'd be doubling up on the blue ranged slot. Reinhardt+2 is actually already in Wind but I struggle to see any synergy with him. Going with grey I'd wouldn't want to double up on a physical ranged unit so I'd have to go with a healer and I'm not sure I want to do that for a core blessing team.

Alternatively I could go with some sort of green axe perhaps. Cherche would make a great player phase assassin and I do have her as 4*+10, which will have to do for now. But with no fliers in Wind, she loses a bit of synergy by not being able to fit into a flier team. Hopefully a legendary Wind flier releases eventually. I also have 4*+10 Frederick but he wouldn't have the sheer killing power I need (refine when?).

I do have Inigo with a Wind blessing so he can slot in anytime scoring doesn't matter. If I did ARs and could merge Young Azura I might be able to just go with her, but I don't so that's just a pipe dream. I don't have Reyson, not even at 4*, let alone Leanne. (Panne is the only beast unit I have actually)

Your team is mostly fine. I do not think your team needs a dedicated buffer, but I think it needs a healer and/or a Dancer/Singer. Leanna is 5* exclusive, but Reyson is in the 4* pool. The Herons can compress both healer and Dancer/Singer role into one.

I'm in a rather weird situation. Just pulled a +attack -res Ophelia, and Lewyn. So I could go for the special spiral build on her, since I have all the other tools to make it work. Including a spare Sothe for L&D 3.

Problem is, the Lewyn I pulled also has perfect IV's, and not sure if I should feed him to Ophelia. What would be the benefits of keeping him compared to making Ophelia broken?

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

I'm in a rather weird situation. Just pulled a +attack -res Ophelia, and Lewyn. So I could go for the special spiral build on her, since I have all the other tools to make it work. Including a spare Sothe for L&D 3.

Problem is, the Lewyn I pulled also has perfect IV's, and not sure if I should feed him to Ophelia. What would be the benefits of keeping him compared to making Ophelia broken?

Keeping him gives you more flexibility and options. Ophelia can still be a regular nuke with Life and Death and Desperation until you get another copy of Special Spiral.

Even without Special Spiral, Ophelia can still set up Blazing on turn 1 and you can use her as a regular Desperation nuke in between Blazing triggers.