"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hey all, I just started playing the game a few days ago, and I’m kicking myself for not choosing lyn as one of the free brave heroes. I haven’t linked my game or anything, so if I delete the game and reinstall will I be to start a new account and choose lyn? The only 5 star hero I’ve pulled so far is merciful death eir, which I think you get from book 3 anyway, so I’m happy to nuke my account if I can.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TheLaneTrain said:

Hey all, I just started playing the game a few days ago, and I’m kicking myself for not choosing lyn as one of the free brave heroes. I haven’t linked my game or anything, so if I delete the game and reinstall will I be to start a new account and choose lyn? The only 5 star hero I’ve pulled so far is merciful death eir, which I think you get from book 3 anyway, so I’m happy to nuke my account if I can.

When the game starts, on the title screen, there is a blue <Menu> button so click on that. Then <Account Management>, and then <Delete All Data>. I think that allows you to restart without reinstalling things.

Edited by XRay

Managed to pull a Brave Celica off the mythic banners final hour. And since I already have tons of infantry sword users lined up, I was thinking of sacking her to give that death blow 4 to Reinhardt. Would this be a good idea? Or is Brave Celica a hidden gem of a unit that I should keep? If it helps, her IV came up +HP -attack, which isn't very encouraging.

Edited by Faellin

30 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Managed to pull a Brave Celica off the mythic banners final hour. And since I already have tons of infantry sword users lined up, I was thinking of sacking her to give that death blow 4 to Reinhardt. Would this be a good idea? Or is Brave Celica a hidden gem of a unit that I should keep?

Brave Celica has Double Lion as her B skill, plus Royal Sword (which speeds up Celica and her Special Cooldown) and Galeforce by default. As such, she has the power to trigger Galeforce without the aid of Heavy/Flashing Blade, though if you wish you can also replace Royal Sword with Slaying Edge and give her Flashing Blade to guarantee Galeforce trigger without having to get counterattacked or use Quickened Pulse.

...point is, she's strong, one of the better units to be able to run Galeforce. Either way, I recommend keeping Celica around even if you wanna give Rein DB4, as that's a powerful sword user to have around regardless of Asset/Flaw.

Got a -Atk +Res Selkie on my free pull today.

I she still usable? Her atk is very low already but I heard that her weapon works well with a +Res boon. If not, I'll just max her HM and IS her Atk/Spd to someone else.

Ice Dragon continues to be extremely indecisive.

I have 11 copies of Yune to make a +10 merge and have both Atk and Res Assets available to use. +Atk helps significantly with her actual combat ability, but +Res lets her debuff all the things. Any opinions on whether I should prioritize the "safer" combat focus or if I should go all in on the novelty of her debuffing capabilities.

Note that for the time being, I'm not planning on using her for Aether Raids defense, just general use and challenge maps.

The build I'm intending on running would be

Chaos Manifest
Reposition
Moonbow / Glacies
Fort. Def/Res 3
Sabotage Res 3
Chaos Named
Fortress Res 3 / Iote's Shield / Distant Def 3 / Flier Formation 3 / Res Ploy 3 / whatever

41 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Got a -Atk +Res Selkie on my free pull today.

I she still usable? Her atk is very low already but I heard that her weapon works well with a +Res boon. If not, I'll just max her HM and IS her Atk/Spd to someone else.

Personally, I keep one of each unit around so I have more options tackling difficult content. -Atk is not the best but it can be still be serviceable in Infernal due to her Weapon's in combat debuff against enemies and Res based buff; -Atk probably might not cut it for Abyssal though.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have 11 copies of Yune to make a +10 merge and have both Atk and Res Assets available to use. +Atk helps significantly with her actual combat ability, but +Res lets her debuff all the things. Any opinions on whether I should prioritize the "safer" combat focus or if I should go all in on the novelty of her debuffing capabilities.

Note that for the time being, I'm not planning on using her for Aether Raids defense, just general use and challenge maps.

Chaos Manifest
Reposition
Moonbow / Glacies
Fort. Def/Res 3
Sabotage Res 3
Chaos Named
Fortress Res 3 / Iote's Shield / Distant Def 3 / Flier Formation 3 / Res Ploy 3 / whatever

+Atk is probably more practical since I doubt you need that much Res against PvE content.

You can also just merge her to +9 and set the other nature aside. Since you summon a lot, you will probably get more Yunes in the future for merging, but you might not get +Atk/Res natures in those future copies.

Which is the better special for Cherche? I was thinking in Aether + heavy blade, or other with minus cooldown charge with also heavy blade will work better?

4 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Which is the better special for Cherche? I was thinking in Aether + heavy blade, or other with minus cooldown charge with also heavy blade will work better?

Moonbow-Heavy Blade is better. Cherche is not meant to be hit, so Aether's healing is not all that useful. And even if Cherche does get hit, her lower HP may help trigger Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers if you have them, so lower HP is even better. Aether's damage output is also plain crap once you factor in how long it takes to charge.

I also would not worry about keeping Panic up for the whole battle. The value of Panic becomes less as the battle goes on since there will be less foes on the field to buff each other and they are more likely to be scattered and cannot buff each other anyways.

With the new summoning pool changes, other than a 3 unit debut banner, the chances of pulling a focus unit on a 3 unit banner after their debut banner(skills/BHB etc) is better than that of a debut 4 unit banner, right?

Here's the math. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Spoiler

Let's say I want a red unit in the post update summoning pool in which the unit debuts on a 4 unit banner with no color sharing. The chances of pulling said red focus unit given these numbers:

Spoiler

New/Special Heroes (source) (source)

Red           Total

5*: 19       53             

4*: 32       109

3*: 32       108

Non-New/Special Heroes (source)

Red            Total

5*: 37         96 

4*: 32         109

3*: 32         108

4 unit debut banner with no color sharing

Spoiler

P(5* red focus) = (3/100) * (1/4) = 0.75%

P(5* red) = (3/100) * (19/53) = 1.07547169811%

P(4* red) = (58/100) * (32/109) = 17.0275229358%

P(3* red) = (36/100) * (32/108) = 10.6666666667%

P(red focus) =  0.75 / (0.75 + 1.07547169811 + 17.0275229358 + 10.6666666667) = 2.54% 

3 units and no color sharing after initial release

Spoiler

P(5* red focus) = (3/100) * (1/3) = 1%

P(5* red) = (3/100) * (37/96) = 1.15625%

P(4* red) = (58/100) * (32/109) = 17.0275229358%

P(3* red) = (36/100) * (32/108) = 10.6666666667%

P(red focus) =  1 / (1 + 1.15625 + 17.0275229358 + 10.6666666667) = 3.35%

Edited by Flying Shogi

19 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

With the new summoning pool changes, other than a 3 unit debut banner, the chances of pulling a focus unit on a 3 unit banner after their debut banner(skills/BHB etc) is better than that of a debut 4 unit banner, right?

The chance of pulling a focus unit on a 3-unit banner has always been better than the chance of pulling a focus unit on a 4-unit banner. The new summoning pool makes almost no difference for focus units.

EDIT: Here's why:

The difference in the two numbers you got is dominated by the difference between

P(5* red focus) = (3/100) * (1/4) = 0.75%

and

P(5* red focus) = (3/100) * (1/3) = 1%

The difference that the change in the summoning pool is the difference between

P(5* red) = (3/100) * (19/53) = 1.07547169811%

and

P(5* red) = (3/100) * (37/96) = 1.15625%

The difference between 0.75 and 1 is far more than the difference between 1.08 and 1.17 (especially because 1.08 and 1.17 are added to a bunch of other, larger numbers before being divided).

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon Thank you for the explanation. 

In the event of a shared color focus(let's say 2 reds on a 3 unit banner), how does the game determine which one the player gets?

I'm also trying to make sense of this explanation on Gamepedia:

When a hero is rolled, the rarity of the drop is selected first. Once the rarity is selected, it will randomly choose any character in the rarity. This gives every character in a given rarity the same chance to drop. 

The bolded part suggests that as long as the game rolls the 5* red percentage, the distinction between focus/non-focus does not play a role. This is where I'm lost. This makes it sound like there's no point in separating the rates into focus/non-focus categories for 5* units.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

@Ice Dragon Thank you for the explanation. 

In the event of a shared color focus(let's say 2 reds on a 3 unit banner), how does the game determine which one the player gets?

I'm also trying to make sense of this explanation on Gamepedia:

The bolded part suggests that as long as the game rolls the 5* red percentage, the distinction between focus/non-focus does not play a role. This is where I'm lost. This makes it sound like there's no point in separating the rates into focus/non-focus categories for 5* units.

"5* Focus" is considered a different rarity to 5*, which is why it's tracked separately in the summoning odds.

The game rolls first for rarity, and say you're lucky and it rolls the 3% for a 5* Focus. Then it determines which focus unit it is without regard to colour, with equal probability (33%) for each. Then it covers up the unit with appropriately coloured orb.

Therefore the question "which one does the player get" has nothing to do with colours, nor anything to do with focus units sharing a colour. The unit is the one being randomly selected, not the colour which is added later.

In a practical sense, however, the answer is 50/50.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

"5* Focus" is considered a different rarity to 5*, which is why it's tracked separately in the summoning odds.

That makes more sense now. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The game rolls first for rarity, and say you're lucky and it rolls the 3% for a 5* Focus. Then it determines which focus unit it is without regard to colour, with equal probability (33%) for each. Then it covers up the unit with appropriately coloured orb.

Therefore the question "which one does the player get" has nothing to do with colours, nor anything to do with focus units sharing a colour. The unit is the one being randomly selected, not the colour which is added later.

So basically by the time the player has entered a summoning session, everything about each unit in the circle has been decided. It's just that the player gets more information about the stones because the game shows their color.

If I'm getting this right, a shared color focus nets a higher chance of the game rolling a focus unit of that color but whichever one it ultimately ends up being is left up to the RNG.

Edited by Flying Shogi

12 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

That makes more sense now. Thank you.

So basically by the time the player has entered a summoning session, everything about each unit in the circle has been decided. It's just that the player gets more information about the stones because the game shows their color.

If I'm getting this right, a shared color focus nets a higher chance of the game rolling a focus unit of that color but whichever one it ultimately is left up to RNG.

Yep. The pre-determination is also why the pity-rate effectively "sticks" for the whole session even if you get a 5-star immediately.

What's a better boon for Legault? I have access to both +Spd/-Def or +Atk/-Res but I keep flip-flopping if he needs more Atk or Spd.

Also I'm trying to go through my Wrathful Staff fodder and I was just wondering, I have an extra neutral Genny compared to my built +Def/-Res one. Is it worth merging or switching to neutral?

Similarly, I have a +Atk/-Def Brave Veronica that I acquired after I built a +Spd/-Res one. I guess +Spd is the superior one?

Also, just to confirm, Niles really wants an +Atk superboon compared to a Spd boon right?

And finally, just to clear some confusion with the merge updates and Arena scoring, I pulled as +Spd Halloween Myrrh which is a superboon but boon-wise is inferior to my +Def one. Does merging to a +Spd superboon matter more for score than having a +Def +1 one?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

And finally, just to clear some confusion with the merge updates and Arena scoring, I pulled as +Spd Halloween Myrrh which is a superboon but boon-wise is inferior to my +Def one. Does merging to a +Spd superboon matter more for score than having a +Def +1 one?

+1 Myrrh scores the same regardless of which Asset and Flaw she has. Without a superboon she has 182 total stats and with a superboon she has 183. Since stats round down to the nearest 5 for Arena scoring, both of them round to 180.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

What's a better boon for Legault? I have access to both +Spd/-Def or +Atk/-Res but I keep flip-flopping if he needs more Atk or Spd.

Depends on which mode you value more. +Atk is better in modes like Arena 720+ and Abyssal where Spd is not as competitive, whereas +Spd is better in Aether Raids and lower scoring Arena.

Also I'm trying to go through my Wrathful Staff fodder and I was just wondering, I have an extra neutral Genny compared to my built +Def/-Res one. Is it worth merging or switching to neutral?

If you use Genny a lot, merging and switching to neutral is worth it in my opinion.

Similarly, I have a +Atk/-Def Brave Veronica that I acquired after I built a +Spd/-Res one. I guess +Spd is the superior one?

Either is fine. I personally prefer +Atk since I do not think it is worth trying to win the Spd check unless you run Atk/Spd Solo, but if you think it is worth it, then go for +Spd.

Also, just to confirm, Niles really wants an +Atk superboon compared to a Spd boon right?

Yeah, increasing his Atk helps his performance more.

For TLB!Myrrh, her nature does not affect her scoring. All her natures will land her in the 180-185 BST bucket once merged. She has 178-180 BST unmerged, so it does not matter whether she has a super Asset/Flaw.

Edited by XRay

Thanks for the insight! 

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Either is fine. I personally prefer +Atk since I do not think it is worth trying to win the Spd check unless you run Atk/Spd Solo, but if you think it is worth it, then go for +Spd.

If it helps, I mainly seriously use Veronica in AR (both offense and defense) so I was wondering if more survivability is better. Don't have access to Solo or Push skills, so I just usually give Atk+3 or Spd+3 on the A slot to simulate a secondary boon.

Might just go with +Atk on Legault then, I'll only use him casually in GHBs and such. Thanks!

On 4/5/2019 at 3:39 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Chaos Manifest
Reposition
Moonbow / Glacies
Fort. Def/Res 3
Sabotage Res 3
Chaos Named

Not sure if you've already made your choice but with Fort Def/Res and Fort Res Seal, I'd easily go +Res for ultra Res debuffing memes. Even just for normal use, that just sounds hella fun~

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

If it helps, I mainly seriously use Veronica in AR (both offense and defense) so I was wondering if more survivability is better. Don't have access to Solo or Push skills, so I just usually give Atk+3 or Spd+3 on the A slot to simulate a secondary boon.

If you are going for survivability, +Spd and Spd stacking is better.

I doubled checked the calculator just to be sure. +Spd and Spd stacking is indeed better for BH!Veronica offensively as well, so I guess +Spd is better overall for her.

Challenger List: Against Hard List, and both sides are +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs. For the skill sets with Atk/Spd Solo, I have also tested Challengers with 4/4/0/0 buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Veronica (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Hlidskjalf  
A: Attack 3  
B: Wrathful Staff 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Veronica (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
A: Attack 3  

A: Speed 3  

Veronica (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
A: Atk Spd Solo 3  

A: Atk Spd Solo 3  

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Is there a merging calculator out there.

I am not sure what you mean. If you are wondering about merged stats, the regular arcticsilverfox calculator calculates it for you. If you are wondering how it impacts your score here is the scoring calculator by the same author.

On 5-4-2019 at 10:26 AM, XRay said:

Personally, I keep one of each unit around so I have more options tackling difficult content. -Atk is not the best but it can be still be serviceable in Infernal due to her Weapon's in combat debuff against enemies and Res based buff; -Atk probably might not cut it for Abyssal though.

Yeah, I'd figured it would be something like that. She really relies on both her Atk and Res stat after all. I'll keep her and only fodder if I'll get a favorite unit that really needs one of her skills.

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late response.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not sure what you mean. If you are wondering about merged stats, the regular arcticsilverfox calculator calculates it for you. If you are wondering how it impacts your score here is the scoring calculator by the same author.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant!

Thanks a lot, it was a bitch to finally find this. You're the best

I got a question related to what to do about an easy to acquire but still effective unit for Arena Assault (so anyone available at 4* rarity)... right now, my AA team consists of +10 merge Spooky Myrrh, Santa Ephraim, Ophelia, and most recent addition Adrift F!Corrin. Ophelia is the one I want to replace, if it's not obvious.

I have the 3 colors covered, so Ophelia's slot can be taken over by pretty much anyone else. I do also have fodder for R Duel Flying, G Duel Infantry, G Duel Flying, and C Duel Infantry if you think they'd help in any way.

Edited by Xenomata