"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I got a question related to what to do about an easy to acquire but still effective unit for Arena Assault (so anyone available at 4* rarity)... right now, my AA team consists of +10 merge Spooky Myrrh, Santa Ephraim, Ophelia, and most recent addition Adrift F!Corrin. Ophelia is the one I want to replace, if it's not obvious.

I have the 3 colors covered, so Ophelia's slot can be taken over by pretty much anyone else. I do also have fodder for R Duel Flying, G Duel Infantry, G Duel Flying, and C Duel Infantry if you think they'd help in any way.

I would run a staff unit or Reyson and give them C Duel Infantry or G Duel Flying, so they can heal your Enemy Phase units. For healers, if you want something defensive, I would go with Azama; if you want something offensive, I think Lucius is the best amongst 4* infantry healers.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2019 at 11:42 PM, Landmaster said:

Not sure if you've already made your choice but with Fort Def/Res and Fort Res Seal, I'd easily go +Res for ultra Res debuffing memes. Even just for normal use, that just sounds hella fun~

Yeah, I'm still deciding. I think I'm going to merge to +9 with a Res asset for the time being and make a final decision after fielding her for a bit to see if she actually needs the extra Atk.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I'm still deciding. I think I'm going to merge to +9 with a Res asset for the time being and make a final decision after fielding her for a bit to see if she actually needs the extra Atk.

That's a pretty good idea~ She essentially gets a free +6 Atk as it is with her Weapon Effect so I'd presume she doesn't need the extra Atk but good to wait and test to see~

What is the general timeline of the events that gets updated on the same day of the week? So far I have:

Tuesday: Arena, Arena Assault, and Aether Raids

Thursday: Tactics Drill

Saturday: Rival Domains

Sunday: Blessed Gardens

On 4/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, XRay said:

+Atk is probably more practical since I doubt you need that much Res against PvE content.

You can also just merge her to +9 and set the other nature aside. Since you summon a lot, you will probably get more Yunes in the future for merging, but you might not get +Atk/Res natures in those future copies.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

That's a pretty good idea~ She essentially gets a free +6 Atk as it is with her Weapon Effect so I'd presume she doesn't need the extra Atk but good to wait and test to see~

Complete side note:

So after going the "merge to +9 and take a test drive" route... I don't think a test drive in the Arena as a bonus unit counts...

Spoiler

CmcXEPq.jpg

Arena bonus stats are silly. (That's also with Legendary Azura's +3 HP and +4 Res boost.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What is the general timeline of the events that gets updated on the same day of the week? So far I have:

Tuesday: Arena, Arena Assault, and Aether Raids

Thursday: Tactics Drill

Saturday: Rival Domains

Sunday: Blessed Gardens

The only other stuff I can think of are double SP weekends and Grand Hero Battles.

Friday: Double SP
Saturday: Double SP

Grand Hero Battles
Monday: Narcian, Zephiel
Tuesday: Navaree, Camus
Wednesday: F!Robin, Legion
Thursday: Ursula, Clarisse
Friday: Lloyd, Berkut
Saturday: Michalis, Valter
Sunday: Xander, Arvis

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

The only other stuff I can think of are double SP weekends and Grand Hero Battles.

Friday: Double SP
Saturday: Double SP

Grand Hero Battles
Monday: Narcian, Zephiel
Tuesday: Navaree, Camus
Wednesday: F!Robin, Legion
Thursday: Ursula, Clarisse
Friday: Lloyd, Berkut
Saturday: Michalis, Valter
Sunday: Xander, Arvis

The GHBs completely slipped my mind. Thanks.

They should really extend double SP to Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

They should really extend double SP to Sunday.

I think they were trying to time it Japan's schedule so Japanese players have more time to do stuff.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Complete side note:

So after going the "merge to +9 and take a test drive" route... I don't think a test drive in the Arena as a bonus unit counts...

Hide contents

CmcXEPq.jpg

Arena bonus stats are silly. (That's also with Legendary Azura's +3 HP and +4 Res boost.)

Over 70 Res if she had Fortress Res Seal, damn~

12 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Is there a way to fix a +Res -Atk Velouria? 

Btw for premium fodder (in the case that she is still workable) I only have wrath and swift sparrow

Velouria's main selling point is the Quickened Pulse 2 effect for her and her support partner plus the Wo Dao effect when transformed. Just give her Bonfire and Quickened Pulse for instant Bonfire.

If you're intent on spending premium skills on her, Wrath and Special Spiral are good choices when running Moonbow or Glimmer. Also Brazen Atk/* skills.

11 minutes ago, Motendra said:

So, with the advent of pair-up, I gotta ask: Is Roy the only one who can use it right now?

Yes, until the new mode launches on the 27th, which will allow anyone to pair up (but only one per team). There's a possibility the new legendary introduced at the end of the month will have this ability too.

Does Yune have a map sprite that includes a tome when she doesn't have Chaos Manifest equipped? I know that both LH and FH Robin's carry a dragon stone when they don't have Expiration equipped.

38 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does Yune have a map sprite that includes a tome when she doesn't have Chaos Manifest equipped? I know that both LH and FH Robin's carry a dragon stone when they don't have Expiration equipped.

Nope. Yune does not have a weapon sprite regardless of her weapon. Tested with her default Wind/Elwind/Rexcalibur tomes as well as in the Aether Resort Armory.

No eggs or present boxes, either.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. Yune does not have a weapon sprite regardless of her weapon. Tested with her default Wind/Elwind/Rexcalibur tomes as well as in the Aether Resort Armory.

No eggs or present boxes, either.

I was somewhat hoping that they'd do something similar to Ishtar/ToD!Nowi where the tome would just float in the air but from their perspective it makes sense that they didn't add more sprites than necessary.

Edited by Flying Shogi

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I was somewhat hoping that'd they do something similar to Ishtar/ToD!Nowi where the tome would just float in the air but from their perspective it makes sense that they didn't add more sprites than necessary.

It makes sense that Yune wouldn't need a tome to cast magic since tomes are simply the tools that mere mortals use to command the elements, and she could probably just do that innately.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It makes sense that Yune wouldn't need a tome to cast magic since tomes are simply the tools that mere mortals use to command the elements, and she could probably just do that innately.

Then I suppose the same can be done for Ashera.

So why do Grima and Duma(?) use Dragonstones still? Is it because they too are mortal?

13 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Then I suppose the same can be done for Ashera.

So why do Grima and Duma(?) use Dragonstones still? Is it because they too are mortal?

Duma actually doesn't have a dragonstone sprite regardless of what weapon you give him.

14 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Well, I was not sure anyway.

What about Grima, though?

Unlike Duma, Grima does not eat every dragonstone he is given (he only ate Expiration... which when put that way sounds like a terrible idea).

This is probably why Duma is so melty and goopy.

I started playing Heroes about 3 weeks ago, I think. Tempest Trial had a week or so left but I managed to get enough points for the 5* Spring Loki. Was also in team Grima on the voting mode and also did very well and got quite a chunk of feathers from it.

Got Brave Lyn and Brave Hector as my freebies purely because of Blazing Sword and they turned out to be beasts. Most of my map clears or quests on higher difficulties and PVP they are the ones carrying hard. Also got Vanguard Ike from the Xenologue, and Fjorm and Eir from the story. At the beginning there were some messages that Gunthrrá said about going to chapter 2 to recruit her, but then she wasn't available. I wonder now if she was talking about Fjorm or if I missed some window.

During my summonings I got two more 5*s, Axe Ephraim and Surtr. Surtr seems pretty absurd and I got him to 40. Ephraim is really strong but really slow and the one I got had SPD as bane and contrary to Surtr he doesn't have Wary Fighter or some absurd passive special ability.

Those are my 5*s, and I have 14 other 4*s at lvl 40 and some others at lvl 36+. I can clear the Special maps up to Lunatic but being destroyed at Infernal. I think I actually got pretty close with a Ryoma map some days ago, but it seems to be the limit at the moment. I even watched some videos of people clearing those with 4*s and F2P, but I'm still missing too many units. Almost all of them included using Olivia, which they said was free back then. Luckily they had a map for her and I promoted her from 3* to a 4*. I got 3 or 4 4* Male Corrins, and actually merged one to get rid of the bane. Don't know if I should have done that, but whatever.

I accumulated near 200 orbs and 50k feathers.

Question is: how to proceed from here? Do I just keep focusing on getting the other 4*s I have to 40 and keep hoarding orbs and feathers? Do I promote some to 5*? Will the difference be too massive to be able to tackle Infernal and maybe Abyssal maps? Or just wait until I get some more from orbs and events?

2 hours ago, Lanko said:

At the beginning there were some messages that Gunthrrá said about going to chapter 2 to recruit her, but then she wasn't available. I wonder now if she was talking about Fjorm or if I missed some window.

You didn't miss anything. Only Fjorm was free.

[edit]

@Lanko Thought someone else would have posted by now.

Your five star list:

• (Armor) Brave Hector
  • (Armor) Brave Ephraim
  • (Armor) Surtr
  • (Infantry) Legendary Ike
  • (Cavalry) Brave Lyn
  • (Flying) Eir

Surtr and Axe Ephraim are both excellent armor units. Axe Ephraim has Special Fighter; it is an awesome skill and very rare. Wary Fighter is common and available on 4* units. Axe Ephraim automatically attacks twice if certain skills are used (like Armor March), so he doesn't need speed for that. Axe Ephraim has Armor March (C skill) which allows nearby armor units to move two spaces, so remember to bring Axe Ephraim every time you want to use any armor units.

The daily Grand Hero Battle quests (GHB) are just about to expire, so you'll probably miss out on those. It might just be too hard for any of your current teams though, so don't feel too bad if you can't get the rewards. The orbs and blessing aren't important at all as they are common, but you'll probably have to spend 100 grails for each of those GHB units you happen to want in the future.

There are daily maps that rotate and provide a 1* and 2* copy of common units. These are probably the only 1* and 2* units you will ever have. If you promote them, then you will never have them at 1* or 2* ever again. It's not really important from a gameplay perspective, but just wanted to mention it in case you care about that sort of thing. I promoted a couple of mine because I needed a copy with neutral IVs.

As of right now, there is no way to properly promote merged 4* units because all merges are lost on promotion. If you want more details, read further:

Spoiler

A 4*+0 and 4*+10 unit will both promote to a 5*+0 unit and all merges will be lost. So generally you don't want to merge until you are at the final rarity that you plan for the unit. If it's a unit that you know you will never ever want to spend 220,000+ feathers on, then 4* merges can be OK. (Sometimes units get new weapon refines later that make them more appealing, so be careful.) A 4*+10 is similar to 5*+5. You can give a 4* unit a 5* weapon by merging a 5* into the 4*, but the 5* will only count as a 4* merge, so it's not ideal and only makes sense for certain 4*+10 units. This is only possible through merging, you cannot use skill inheritance to give a 4* unit any 5* skills. By the way, if you merge a 4* to remove the bane and then promote to 5*, the 5* will be unmerged, so the bane will reappear until another 5* unit is merged into it. I'd avoid merge anything but 5* units for the most part. However, if you have already merged some 4* units, that's fine, just keep using them as normal.

You will not be able to complete any Abyssal maps for awhile, but those only give golden accessories and are repeatedly rerun later. Infernal maps will probably be too hard, but you can always try guides. Definitely keep training your units up to level 40, including any 4* ones you might use. Weekends (Friday/Saturday) are good for training because all units get double SP from enemies.

Advice:

Even though grails are very rare, I'd spend 100 grails right away and get a copy of young Azura (green infantry mage) from the grail shop. She is a refresher unit (like Olivia), so even at 4* she will help make all content dramatically easier.

Avoid merging units or using Skill inheritance until you are very comfortable with the game and understand the consequences.

Avoid sending units home, even ones you think are completely useless. Instead, make them into Combat Manuals to save barracks space if needed.

Hold on to at least one copy of any neutral units you get because guides use the neutral IV for standardization. If the IVs are different, the AI may respond differently making a guide useless. Avoid merging into free units like Fjorm, Ike, Brave Lyn etc. since merges will interfere with guides even if the IVs are neutral. If you want to merge a character like Ike for example, then start a separate merge project, and keep the original neutral IV version separate.

Always participate in all arenas (Arena, Arena Assault, Aether Raids (AR), etc.) and events because you'll get great rewards just from participating. You can never fall below Tier 11 in AR, so you want to reach that as soon as possible to start collecting grails. Upgrade Aether resource structures as soon as you can - Aether Fountain and Aether Amphorae (both are often collectively called aether pots). Upgrading Aether resource structures requires Heavenly Dew which is generated whenever you spend Aether stones.

I'd save orbs and feathers for now. The monthly Legendary banners might prove good for you since you don't have many units yet, and they have a slightly higher rate for 5* units. Don't forget to complete the limited time quests for each new story chapter for five extra orbs. (I think there is a new chapter on April 10th.

Edited by Tree