"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

So whats the point of Aether Resort? i click on for the affinity and bought everything except the accessory shop. Is literally the only point to get some extra aether stones?

And also to have some R&R here and there.

Not everyone’s thing, I know. Especially at this point.

4 hours ago, Lanko said:

Also, Do beasts only gain the move speed when transforming? I didn't notice other stat losses like in the Tellius games.

Beasts have additional Effects when Transformed depending on their Movement Type

Infantry Beasts have Atk+2 and Deal +10 damage when their Special Triggers like Wo Dao

Flying Beasts have Atk+2 and one extra movement

Cavalry Beasts have Atk+2 and, when initiating combat, inflict Atk/Def-4 on their foe and prevent them from making a follow up attack

Armored Beasts have Atk+2 and can counterattack regardless of the foe's range (Distant Counter)

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

So whats the point of Aether Resort? i click on for the affinity and bought everything except the accessory shop. Is literally the only point to get some extra aether stones?

To watch your Heroes be cute

I'm working on building an Armor team, and right now I've got each slot filled by Black Knight, Valentine Lyn, Fallen Robin, and now Caineghis. BK is merged +9 and I've got most of his skills decided, and VLyn is merged +10 and has Close Counter, Bold Fighter, Armor March, and the Quick Riposte S seal. What would be good skills for Robin and Caineghis? They're both +Atk, and Robin is +5.

22 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What would be good skills for Robin and Caineghis?

Both have vengeful fighter and you don’t have to worry about DC so if you want you can keep vengeful fighter. For Robin you can give him a breath for his A slot, keep vengeful fighter and for his C slot maybe Fortify/Ward armor would be nice for an armor team

For Caineghis his base kit is already powerful, and you always can put a ward/fortify in his C slot

Also if you wish you can give them Svalinn shield for armor weakness

1 hour ago, Karuu30 said:

Which are the best characters that can use a rally skill? If i’m correct the rally skills increase the arena score right?

First-tier Rally skills are worth the same as inheritable mobility Assist skills. It's only the higher-tier Rally skills that are worth more points.

Who to give them to depends on your play style. You should start with the units that you end up using mobility Assist skills on least.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What would be good skills for Robin and Caineghis? They're both +Atk, and Robin is +5.

Both have Distant Counter on their weapon, so their A slot is free to really go for whatever you want.

Distant Def (4), Close Def, Fierce Breath, Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Steady Stance 4, Fortress Def/Res, and Svalinn Shield are all good options if you stick with Vengeful Fighter or run Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte.

Death Blow (4), Fortress Def/Res, and Svalinn Shield are probably the best options with Bold Fighter without Quick Riposte.

For the C slot, you'll probably want them to run one of Ward Armor or Armor March. A March team with 4 armors needs at least 2 members with Armor March to be effective and not have to worry too much about positioning.

6 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Does anyone have a link to the custom hero thread? Seems to be too buried in post history for me to search for it

You just need to click the <Next> button to browse the pages. The thread is near the top of the second page.

4 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Which build is better for normal Micaiah? An enemy phase build or a player phase build? She is +Res -Def and i don’t know how to build her

Depends on what you need her to do. If you need her to kill armors, it is easier to do it with a Player Phase or mixed phase set in my opinion. If you need her to tank, Enemy Phase is obviously better.

Anti Armor One Shot

Spoiler

Thani

Reposition

Moonbow -- Glimmer

Death Blow

(Any B) -- Special Spiral

(Any C)

Attack + 3

Anti Armor Counter-Vantage

Spoiler

Thani

Reposition

Moonbow -- Glimmer

Close Counter

Vantage

(Any C)

Brazen Atk/Res

Res Tank

Spoiler

Thani -- Blárserpent

Reposition -- Swap -- (Any Assist)

Moonbow -- Iceberg

(Any A that increases Res or Atk/Res)

Quick Riposte -- Guard -- Null C-Disrupt -- Dull Ranged

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that increases Res or Atk/Res) -- Quick Riposte

5 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Which build is better for normal Micaiah? An enemy phase build or a player phase build? She is +Res -Def and i don’t know how to build her

I've never pulled her, but have heard good things about the novelty build taking advantage of Sacrifice to enable Desperation + Brash Assault (seal). Losing a movement assist sucks of course, but it looks like fun. It'd be a pure player-phase build, but when your speciality is armour-killing, that makes the most sense anyway. Put Death Blow in the A slot since you're not dependent on speed even in the slightest.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Depends on the content you need her to deal with.

Player phase is typically used as an armor counter. Enemy phase is typically used as a tome cavalry counter.

11 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Enemy phase build IMO, perhaps with Iceberg or Glacies. Double Distant Defense with Renewal makes her incredibly useful. Mine’s seen me through a lot with this build.

Edited by Arcphoenix

11 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Did I have to register Grand Conquest yesterday or will I be able to when the battle begins?

Also, opened a +SPD-DEF Velouria.

You do not have to register in order to participate in Grand Conquest.

I recently got a Caineghis (+hp-res, not ideal but I’ll work with it if I can’t get another) and I’m trying to assemble a good team for him. I figure my Halloween Myrrh would be a good ally and support partner due to her being one of very few units that can provide him Armor March without making him detransform and lose his distant counter bonus. But I can’t work out what to do for the test of the team, namely units that can help them out and buff them without being adjacent to him at the end of the turn. What sort of methods should I keep in mind when building this team?

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

What sort of methods should I keep in mind when building this team?

H!Myrrh and other armor dragon like L!Tiki are perfect for him because dragon, another way to buff him is with the armor buffs like ward or goad (the during-combat buffs) those C skill are good for non-dragon armor allies if you want to put him in an armor emblem.

Or maybe you can put him in a mix team with allies that use drive skills, or even use some skills like Atk tactic or Res tactic for buff Caineghis without being adyacent to him

37 minutes ago, Lanko said:

How many battles are in Grand Conquest? It says "hours until Battle 1 ends". So this means there will be more? How many? Or should I use the Conquest Lances I have now?

There are 3 rounds that last 2 days each just like Voting Gauntlet.  You can battle whenever you have lances, but it is best to save some for the end of the round to help your team more.

54 minutes ago, Lanko said:

How many battles are in Grand Conquest? It says "hours until Battle 1 ends". So this means there will be more? How many? Or should I use the Conquest Lances I have now?

There are three battles total which are two days each for a total of six days. The quest rewards reset for each of the three battles, so don't forget about those. There are three different colors for the global teams. You may end up on the same global team color more than once; it is random. Lances carry over throughout the event, so you only lose them if you don't use them by the end of the sixth day. Your tier progress continues through each battle, so by day six, you should have most of the tier rewards. Usually newer players cannot actually reach the tier 25 rewards, but it's only an orb or two and a few coins for the highest tiers.

Each battle is conducted on a smaller server/realm and is represented by a number (e.g. 28800) at the top of the main Grand Conquest screen. These realms only feature a few hundred players, so you're not actually playing against everyone like in Arena or Voting Gauntlet. In those global modes, individual player contributions are insignificant, but in Grand Conquest, each player has a small chance to influence the outcome of a battle. Your actual ranking for each battle is very much determined by your current teammates (which are changed out each battle even if your team color does not change). Rank rewards are only feathers though, so there's not too much to lose there. You can collect rank rewards for each of the three battles, so you have three chances to get on a decent team.

[Edit]

There is nothing global in this mode. None of the characters represented by the three colored teams actually win or lose like in Voting Gauntlet.

Edited by Tree

On 4/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, Alastor15243 said:

I recently got a Caineghis (+hp-res, not ideal but I’ll work with it if I can’t get another) and I’m trying to assemble a good team for him. I figure my Halloween Myrrh would be a good ally and support partner due to her being one of very few units that can provide him Armor March without making him detransform and lose his distant counter bonus. But I can’t work out what to do for the test of the team, namely units that can help them out and buff them without being adjacent to him at the end of the turn. What sort of methods should I keep in mind when building this team?

It depends on how you use him, but generally, armor units are absolutely the shittiest teammates in a mixed-movement/Tactics team (they are so freaking slow movement wise), and being Laguz is not doing him any favors either in terms of being a good teammate.

Basically, Caineghis only really shines in a full/mostly beast team or a non-Beorc armor team.

For a full/mostly Beast team, you can use him to carry the team and have 1 or 2 Kadens support him, and maybe have Leanne, Eir, or Physic healer for sustainability.

For non-Beorc armor teams, it is no different from building a regular armor team, and you can either go for a Distant Counter-Ward Armor team, or a dual phase-Armor March team. The only thing that is different is that team composition is much more restrictive.

1 hour ago, Lanko said:

I generally save Lances for the end of the round and try to be in the lower end of top 10 of the army. You can dump them all early, but there is a possibility that you may overuse lances and be ranked 4 or 5 which you do not want to be ranked at, since you can rank lower at 8 or 9 and still have the same rewards as rank 4 or 5.

I also would not bother with helping your team since there is practically no coordination unless you have a lot of friends and are all mostly on the same server.

Edited by XRay

Got 2 Ranulfs and lethe out of 100 orbs. Was hoping for all of them but not this time.any builds for ranulf running around? also got Cain for my free summon for the new power banner. builds for him?

8 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Got 2 Ranulfs and lethe out of 100 orbs. Was hoping for all of them but not this time.any builds for ranulf running around? also got Cain for my free summon for the new power banner. builds for him?

Ranulf and Lethe are no different from regular Player Phase nukes. I do not recommend giving them an Enemy Phase build since it feels like a huge waste of their Weapon.

Spoiler

(Beast Weapon)

Reposition 

Moonbow -- Galeforce

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) -- Heavy Blade

Same thing for Cain.

Spoiler

+Atk/Spd

Bull Blade [special] -- Bull Blade [Spd]

Luna (with special Refinement) -- Moonbow (with Spd Refinement)

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) -- Heavy Blade

The Arctic Silver Fox simulator doesn't have the new Camping units in yet, so I wanna ask opinions in the superior Asset stat for two of the units I pulled, Felicia and Flora.

~Felicia's are +Atk and +Spd. +Atk is considered a Superboon, but Felicia's Attack is much lower than other Superboon Atk axes (I'm looking at you, Ephraim...), and the asset would mostly just bring her to average. Spd seems important, given that she otherwise can't use Special Fighter properly. The big thing I'm thinking about is that Spd is a pretty important stat, but Armor units still run the Fighter skills that ignore Spd entirely, and I'm now in Arena Assault tiers where every unit is either a slow Armor with a Fighter skill, have automatic doubles anyway (Ephraim...), or are just fast. However, if I don't improve Felicia's Speed, she can't use Special Fighter as well without some assistance.

~Flora's are Atk and Res. Getting her Atk up would certainly help in killing Beast units, which it seems fair to think that'll be what she's doing. +Res, however, works offensively and defensively in that manor, as she'll then have enough Res to bring down the enemies Def to equal a boost in Atk, and bring down their Atk that she won't mind taking a hit. It also comes with the benefit of making her a better Magic tank even if she doesn't quite edge out the enemy in Res.

I thought it was an easy choice, but it's slightly harder than I thought... any input is welcome.

...Also Lukas and Genny are just fine as they are and don't need debate.

EDIT: I wanna ask a second question. I just got every normal summoning pool unit to 5* Lv 40, so I can now focus on purely raising any single units power. However, I always kept a few spares of certain units, largely from before the update to Merged units when certain units had bad Asset/Flaw combos. Now that I have every unit and everyone has an ideal asset/flaw, or at least a merge to cover up the flaw, I wanna ask... what should I do with the following?

I'm specifically pointing out, also, that I know I can keep multiple copies of a unit for different tasks... I just don't see the reason to at this point. I have enough units who can do what I need them to do in AA, especially those who are +10 merged, plus there's some instances, for example Cordelia, where there's a good few units who serve the same role anyways. I repeat, just don't see a reason to. Anyways...

Spoiler

Cordelia [+Spd] Current is +Atk -Res, and currently serves as a Brave Lance TA3 user (with Galeforce). Works well when used, but so many people have the same super speedy and super strong Firesweep Lance set that I wonder if I should use it on her as well... and I think it requires +Spd and lots of merges.

Odin [+Spd] Current is +Atk. I kept this copy for this very reason, because Odin's power sucks, but he does have the potential to get +6/6/6/6 buffs with just a single movement assist, so he kinda makes up for it. Meanwhile, his Speed could use the little extra boost to help him avoid having to resort to the QR3 SS, which I currently would prefer to keep on certain other units.

Boey [+Res] Current is +Spd -Def, and serving as a typical Gronnraven+ TA3 mage. He's not bad, but the +Res I think would help him take on Reinhardt, who he currently dies to without some Res boosts.

Serra [+Spd] Current is Neutral +1 merge. She's mainly just Joyous Lantern support in case I don't wanna use Winter Eirika but would like the Joyous Lantern boost regardless.

Sakura [+Atk] Current is +Spd and is mostly a healing bot with Fear+ support.

Ogma [+Spd] Current is +Atk -Res. The bonus Spd might help in the doubling department, if impacting his ability to trigger Gladiator's Blade.

Gwendolyn [+Def] Current is +Atk -Spd. Boosting her Def would be nice, but I've not had any problems with +Atk yet...

Mathilda [+Spd] Current is +Res. She's actually doesn't even have any skills equipped...

Klein [+Atk] Current is +Spd. I got a +Atk copy after he got his personal, in case it was actually better than +Spd.

Hector [+Atk] Current is +Def. I'm not sure I want to give up the extra bulk on my current Hector, but also Hector is a bit weaker than most of the other Axe Armors, and might like the extra boost. The other thing I'm considering is that he's DC fodder, which it'd be nice to have some on hand.

Olivia [Neutral] Current is +Spd -HP. I only got this Olivia because it was recommended to do so to follow F2P guides, but I think I'm well beyond any F2P guide at this point...

Edited by Xenomata