"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Does Divine Naga and Dull Ranged stack or something? I assume they should not stack, but when I was testing out Deirdre in the calculator and gave her Dull Ranged, double Dull Ranged causes Ophelia to do 0 damage in combat. I assume it is a bug in the calculator, but I just wanted to make sure.

I also tested her against Nino, and double Dull Ranged messes with her too.

I checked against Odin and Tharja as well, and it affects them to. Tharja specifically only does 6 damage to Dull Range Deirdre, while dealing 13 to Guard Deirdre.

I tried this out with LA!Lyn (default skillset except for Dull Range build replacing Guard with Dull Range), whose default weapon has Dull Range built into it, and it affects her as well.

I tried out seeing if this affected Dull Melee as well (just a simple Sharena vs Laevatein), and it didn't. Unlike Dull Ranged, the battle analysis only showed Dull Close affecting combat, not Sharena's Fensalir unless it was the non-DC build.

So... yeah it has to be a glitch. But it seems related specifically to Dull Range, not Deirdre's Divine Naga.

These are the builds I used for Odin and Tharja:

Spoiler

Odin [+Atk 5*+10]
DF: 10
W: Odin's Grimoire (special)
S: Moonbow
A: Close Counter
B: Def/Res Link
SS: Atk +3

Tharja [+Atk 5* +10]
W: Tharja's Hex (special)
A: Fury
B: Desperation
SS: Darting Blow

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I checked against Odin and Tharja as well, and it affects them to. Tharja specifically only does 6 damage to Dull Range Deirdre, while dealing 13 to Guard Deirdre.

I tried this out with LA!Lyn (default skillset except for Dull Range build replacing Guard with Dull Range), whose default weapon has Dull Range built into it, and it affects her as well.

I tried out seeing if this affected Dull Melee as well (just a simple Sharena vs Laevatein), and it didn't. Unlike Dull Ranged, the battle analysis only showed Dull Close affecting combat, not Sharena's Fensalir unless it was the non-DC build.

So... yeah it has to be a glitch. But it seems related specifically to Dull Range, not Deirdre's Divine Naga.

These are the builds I used for Odin and Tharja:

Reveal hidden contents

Odin [+Atk 5*+10]
W: Odin's Grimoire (special)
A: Close Counter
B: Def/Res Link
SS: Atk +3

Tharja [+Atk 5* +10]
W: Tharja's Hex (special)
A: Fury
B: Desperation
SS: Darting Blow

Okay, cool. I am not the only one who thinks something is weird. I will try to send them a feedback or notify them of the bug. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I guess I will hold off on building Deirdre for now.

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Okay, cool. I am not the only one who thinks something is weird. I will try to send them a feedback or notify them of the bug. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I guess I will hold off on building Deirdre for now.

The easiest way to simulate Dull Close and/or Dull Ranged is to simply not give the opponent buffs to begin with.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The easiest way to simulate Dull Close and/or Dull Ranged is to simply not give the opponent buffs to begin with.

Yeah, but sometimes I like to compare Dulls with other skills like Guard so I like to just keep the buffs on the enemy for easy comparison.

Although I know Deirdre already cancels buffs, I guess I was curious to see if adding Dull Ranged does anything interesting.

Managed to pull 2 legendary Roy off the current focus.

One has an IV of +attack -speed

And the other is +speed -attack. Assuming i'll keep his base kit in tact, which one would be better to use? Probably going to merge the other.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Managed to pull 2 legendary Roy off the current focus.

One has an IV of +attack -speed

And the other is +speed -attack. Assuming i'll keep his base kit in tact, which one would be better to use? Probably going to merge the other.

I would go with +Spd as the base, both for doubling as well as avoiding doubles.

If you are only using him in modes with low Spd like Abyssal and high scoring Arena, +Atk is fine too for more damage output.

5 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For Winter Eirika, going for a CC Wary Absorb Miracle build: Is +Atk or +Def better? Also, would it be worth switching to Bold if I go +Atk?

I am thinking +Atk since your are getting health you lost back. And it may not be worth it to go for Bold Fighter if you are using CC. Vengeful Fighter (If it can be inherited to her) might be best. If not, Wary Fighter, then.

I am just trying to make educated guesses here, is all.

Does anyone remember when/where we got the missions that required Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena to defeat lv 35 or higher enemies for orbs? I thought they were under the monthly quests but I couldn't find them. I could be mixing it up with something else though. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

12 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For Winter Eirika, going for a CC Wary Absorb Miracle build: Is +Atk or +Def better? Also, would it be worth switching to Bold if I go +Atk?

12 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I am thinking +Atk since your are getting health you lost back. And it may not be worth it to go for Bold Fighter if you are using CC. Vengeful Fighter (If it can be inherited to her) might be best. If not, Wary Fighter, then.

I am just trying to make educated guesses here, is all.

11 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Okay, I switched to +Atk. I remembered Absorb has a poor might to begin with, and +Atk makes it viable in the first place.

I am probably too late now, but for survivability, +HP/Spd/Def/Res is almost always better, although which Asset you choose depends on the type of tank. The only time +Atk is better is when the unit has insanely high Atk and can kill things in one shot on the first hit to prevent nukes from doubling, which is mostly just Counter-Vantage units.

For GOW!Eirika, +Def is definitely better as it saves you an extra 3 HP, as well as making her harder to be killed in one shot, so she is more likely to survive and gain some HP back. However, +Atk only lets you gain back an 1.5 extra HP, so she now has a 1.5 HP deficit compared to +Def, and if she is killed in one shot, she would not even be able to gain any HP back. If you swap out Wary Fighter, GOW!Eirika is most likely going to be doubled, so +Def saves 6 HP versus +Atk gaining you 3 HP at best if you are running Vengeful Fighter.

40 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does anyone remember when/where we got the missions that required Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena to defeat lv 35 or higher enemies for orbs? I thought they were under the monthly quests but I couldn't find them. I could be mixing it up with something else though. 

There is a similar quest under May Quests, but the three quests just require the Askr Trio to knock out just 1 foe each and the foe can be at any level.

I'm currently using a +res -atk B!Hector. I just pulled a +atk -HP B!Hector. Should I merge onto my +atk or fodder for bold fighter? Or is the additional res better? I'm thinking of merging onto +atk because attack is universally more useful and also helps his survivability due to aether procs. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I'm currently using a +res -atk B!Hector. I just pulled a +atk -HP B!Hector. Should I merge onto my +atk or fodder for bold fighter? Or is the additional res better? I'm thinking of merging onto +atk because attack is universally more useful and also helps his survivability due to aether procs. 

Do you have someone who needs Bold Fighter? Do you use Armors frequently? If so, may want to hold on to Hector.

Otherwise, I'd merge into +Atk, unless you find the additional Res more useful to you, like tanking Dragons.

37 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Do you have someone who needs Bold Fighter? Do you use Armors frequently? If so, may want to hold on to Hector.

Otherwise, I'd merge into +Atk, unless you find the additional Res more useful to you, like tanking Dragons.

Well I have two special fighters in waiting as well. Right now I'm collecting armour fodder as it is hard to come by. I would like to give Zelgius bold fighter but I barely use him compared to B!Ephraim and B!Hector. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Well I have two special fighters in waiting as well. Right now I'm collecting armour fodder as it is hard to come by. I would like to give Zelgius bold fighter but I barely use him compared to B!Ephraim and B!Hector. 

If you do think you may need it for a unit down the line, I wouldn't rush to merge him. Unless you have some premium Skills inherited onto your current Hector, you may just want to train up the new one and save the other one for Bold Fighter

For L!Marth who might replace L!Roy as my Fire-type Legendary +10 project, is +Atk or +Spd better, and is Wrath a good choice for him?

Also, I'm planning my L!Alm support team for the next attempt at T21 since I'm probably not going to make it this time. Eir's Sparkling Boost can knock Alm out of Wings of Mercy range, is it worth switching to Guidance on the C slot?

One more: If you don't even touch Arena in a season, will you be unaffected in tier? Not feeling like playing on my alt.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

10 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For L!Marth who might replace L!Roy as my Fire-type Legendary +10 project, is +Atk or +Spd better, and is Wrath a good choice for him?

As usual, +Atk is better in modes that have slow enemies (Abyssal, high score Arena, etc.) and +Spd is better in modes with fast enemies (Aether Raids, low scoring Arena, etc.). If you are unsure, I would go with +Spd to better handle Aether Raids since that is the most difficult mode in my opinion.

I would run Desperation. Doubling to kill is so much easier and far more reliable than sitting around waiting for your Special to charge.

Also, I'm planning my L!Alm support team for the next attempt at T21 since I'm probably not going to make it this time. Eir's Sparkling Boost can knock Alm out of Wings of Mercy range, is it worth switching to Guidance on the C slot?

Assuming this is for Arena, I would stick with SK!Alm's Null Follow-Up and Eir's Sparkling Boost, or run Desperation on SK!Alm and replace Sparkling Boost with Atk Tactic or something. Wings of Mercy and Guidance does nothing for him in getting bonus kills. He does not have the bulk to eat counter attacks repeatedly, so he either needs to bulk back up with Sparkling boost every time he eats a counter, or he should run Desperation and avoid counters. I also do not think Guidance or Wings of Mercy is necessary due to how slow units are movement wise in high scoring Arena.

One more: If you don't even touch Arena in a season, will you be unaffected in tier? Not feeling like playing on my alt.

I think it pauses your tier as long as you do not log in, as I have seen inactive ex-friends keeping their tier despite not logging in for a few weeks.

I am not sure if it will still pause your tier if you log in but not touch Arena.

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it pauses your tier as long as you do not log in, as I have seen inactive ex-friends keeping their tier despite not logging in for a few weeks.

I am not sure if it will still pause your tier if you log in but not touch Arena.

Can confirm. The only incentive to do Arena is get rewards. The worst that can happen is not getting as many rewards as a result of dropping in tier.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

As usual, +Atk is better in modes that have slow enemies (Abyssal, high score Arena, etc.) and +Spd is better in modes with fast enemies (Aether Raids, low scoring Arena, etc.). If you are unsure, I would go with +Spd to better handle Aether Raids since that is the most difficult mode in my opinion.

I would run Desperation. Doubling to kill is so much easier and far more reliable than sitting around waiting for your Special to charge.

Assuming this is for Arena, I would stick with SK!Alm's Null Follow-Up and Eir's Sparkling Boost, or run Desperation on SK!Alm and replace Sparkling Boost with Atk Tactic or something. Wings of Mercy and Guidance does nothing for him in getting bonus kills. He does not have the bulk to eat counter attacks repeatedly, so he either needs to bulk back up with Sparkling boost every time he eats a counter, or he should run Desperation and avoid counters. I also do not think Guidance or Wings of Mercy is necessary due to how slow units are movement wise in high scoring Arena.

Marth: Good, I've merged into the Speed asset. I also have Swift Sparrow lying around, is that a good choice?

Alm: Should have made it clearer, it was for AR to try to get to 21, but I made it this season. I wouldn't use Eir in Arena. Still interested in this, because I want to try for a throne.

Arena: I'm in T19 on the alt. I'll have to be the tester here, then.

2 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Marth: Good, I've merged into the Speed asset. I also have Swift Sparrow lying around, is that a good choice?

Swift Sparrow is good. For Player Phase units that are not slow, any A skill that boosts Atk/Spd is fine as long as it matches your play style. The only type that I discourage is Bond since it requires the unit to be adjacent and that is simply impractical in most situations.

Fury, Life and Death, and Swift Sparrow are your standard easy to use A skills. Brazen, Solo, and Push have some ease of use issues.

Brazen is really good once you are in HP range, but it trashes your first round performance unless you have Bolt Traps or can easily get your HP low safely. Solo has positioning issues like Bond, but it is relatively minor and more manageable for Player Phase units. Push's play style is a bit wacky since you want to keep HP up to have good performance as you cannot rely on Desperation anymore; it generally performances worse than Life and Death-Desperation, but it synergizes well with Eir's Sparkling Boost and Herons' healing.

36 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Alm: Should have made it clearer, it was for AR to try to get to 21, but I made it this season. I wouldn't use Eir in Arena. Still interested in this, because I want to try for a throne.

For Aether Raids, I would stick with Desperation on the B slot for SK!Alm, as Player Phase units really need that sustainability. For Eir, since Sparkling Boost can knock Desperation units out of HP range, I would replace it with a stat buff but Guidance works great too.

How well does Aversa work as a heavy debuffer unit? And if so what would be the best way of going about this? I do have a spare Luke so I have a free panic ploy available. Also a spare Arvis for res ploy as well.

Edited by Faellin

24 minutes ago, Faellin said:

How well does Aversa work as a heavy debuffer unit? And if so what would be the best way of going about this? I do have a spare Luke so I have a free panic ploy available. Also a spare Arvis for res ploy as well.

Inheriting ploy skills isn't necessary, though Panic Ploy can help overcome the 2 HP gap where Aversa's Night doesn't apply. You might want a utility skill in the C-slot instead, but since I don't really play competitive modes, I don't know how often enemies will land in that 2 HP window.

At the very basic level, you simply want to increase her HP as much as you can. Her default A-slot already does this, though R Duel Flying is one more HP, as is simply HP+5. Similar situation with the seal, you can either apply a dual-stat seal like HP/Res or HP/Spd (the other combos don't exist yet) or simply HP+5.

Other than those HP skills, it doesn't really matter what else she brings, though Renewal is a common choice if you have her actively engaging enemies to ensure her HP stays high, or to cancel out something like Duma's effect.

If you want to commit even more heavily, Summoner Support for an extra 5 HP makes a big difference, and of course give her a blessing that corresponds to an appropriate legendary teammate for another 3 HP during the relevant seasons.

Edited by Humanoid

I've been looking through my barracks and saw another skill that I don't quite know what to do with. In this case its atk/res solo. 

Units like Sanaki and Deirdre might appreciate it. +6 res helps them mage tanks and the extra attack is nice. They lack the speed to reliably double though so I was also looking at some more speedy mage alternatives like Soren and Lugh.

I've also been sitting on a second legendary Ryoma for centuries. Are there any heroes that would like Kestrel stance?

And lastly I have death blow 4 from a second Celica. I think i'm going to give it to brave bow Gordin, but perhaps you guys have people in mind who can use the skill a lot better.