"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

So then does that mean that ideally you should level them up to level 40, and then bump them up a star? 

Not really, since you're pretty much only prolonging your suffering. The stats you gain from those extra 20 levels are completely reset upon star up, and you can grind for skills after star up no problem anyway.

Does anyone know if levelling up units via crystals actually nerfs them? I bumped my 3* Shareena up from Level 1 to 20 with crystals, and all of her stats only grew about 7. Is that just extreme RNG screw or what?

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not really, since you're pretty much only prolonging your suffering. The stats you gain from those extra 20 levels are completely reset upon star up, and you can grind for skills after star up no problem anyway.

Does anyone know if levelling up units via crystals actually nerfs them? I bumped my 3* Shareena up from Level 1 to 20 with crystals, and all of her stats only grew about 7. Is that just extreme RNG screw or what?

See the top part of what you said?  It still applies to your question.  I'd argue the only reason why I'd want to level a unit past 20 is for SP.

I'd reserve crystals for those units who will become fodder for other units.  That way, you don't have to worry so much about it.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

See the top part of what you said?  It still applies to your question.  I'd argue the only reason why I'd want to level a unit past 20 is for SP.

I'd reserve crystals for those units who will become fodder for other units.  That way, you don't have to worry so much about it.

Sorry, I don't quite follow. Is that a yes or a no? I was just asking about the growths, not whether or not there's any point in levelling past 20. I just needed Shareena to be somewhat usable so she won't be 100% dead weight, since I'm at 6-3 Hard right now and I don't have a more useful Blue. Once this week's Arena rewards come out she's going straight to 4*, so yes, levelling her past 20 is still pointless.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The SP gained from level 20 and above might worth the trouble imo. Since they give like 16 per level by that point.

---

Sniped by mod lol.

While on the topic of Sharena, I noticed that her Silver Lance is locked by rarity. Do you need to use SP to learn it or it'll be available automatically once she becomes 3*?

Edited by eclipse
We mods have to merge posts, blargh.

29 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sorry, I don't quite follow. Is that a yes or a no? I was just asking about the growths, not whether or not there's any point in levelling past 20. I just needed Shareena to be somewhat usable so she won't be 100% dead weight, since I'm at 6-3 Hard right now and I don't have a more useful Blue. Once this week's Arena rewards come out she's going straight to 4*, so yes, levelling her past 20 is still pointless.

My blue options are terrible, so I'm running without blue. Or green.  Colorless can fill in nicely, if you're short on a color.

14 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Sniped by mod lol.

While on the topic of Sharena, I noticed that her Silver Lance is locked by rarity. Do you need to use SP to learn it or it'll be available automatically once she becomes 3*?

Not sorry!  But don't double-post.

You'll have to promote her to find out.  Which I won't do, as Raigh needs it more.  Yes, the 2* Raigh.

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Sniped by mod lol.

It's available for SP purchase at 3*, and default at 4*.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not sorry!  But don't double-post.

You'll have to promote her to find out.  Which I won't do, as Raigh needs it more.  Yes, the 2* Raigh.

Then, you got a sorry from me for double-posting. I thought there was a merge feature, but apparently not. Also can't delete the post for some reason, so...

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's available for SP purchase at 3*, and default at 4*.

Ahh, so I  guess her steel lance would be the default at 3* if you didn't purchase it.

Thanks. Didn't want to give out the wrong data.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should reroll or not.

I currently have 3 5* units. Tiki/Minerva/Roy according to the Japanese tier list I see Tiki is decently ranked but the others not so much. So should I reroll the account or keep what I have?

19 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should reroll or not.

I currently have 3 5* units. Tiki/Minerva/Roy according to the Japanese tier list I see Tiki is decently ranked but the others not so much. So should I reroll the account or keep what I have?

I'm going to quote someone else.  Keep this in mind, when comparing your pulls:

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Just need to rant for a second 

I've done 5 summoning sessions on my main file (25 summons) and  I have yet to get a single 5 star unit.

I've also done 15 summons on my old file (which I rage quit) and did not get one there either.

And don't even get me started on all the times I've rerolled without any 5 star units as well.

Very tempted to quit my current file and restart right now

Update: Currently rerolling on a separate phone for Lyn. I did finally get a 5* in the process (Roy) but I passed him over

The game has been out for less than 48 hours.  That tier list is very much subject to change.  In other words, I won't stop you from rerolling, but I think it's a terrible reason to do so.

Edited by eclipse

Do units with a higher amount of stars have higher stats compared to their low star counterparts, or do they just get better skills? I'm trying to decide if I should promote Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse, but their stats so far aren't impressing me very much.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think it nerfs them. My Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna got more Stats from level 15 to 20 with crystals than they did by leveling in battle (where they gained only SP more often than not). It's probably just RNG.

Maybe I just have comprehension issues but I really don't understand the Fortify skill descriptions. For example, Fortify Def's description:

"Grants adjacent allies Def+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn."

Their next actions...but it's at the start...? What?

Kinda dumb question but, as every character has the chance of being upgraded to 5 stars, are "natural" 5 star characters better than upgraded 4 star ones, for example? Obviously it will take months maybe to upgrade one, but in the long term, tier lists should take this into account.

9 minutes ago, steshii said:

Maybe I just have comprehension issues but I really don't understand the Fortify skill descriptions. For example, Fortify Def's description:

"Grants adjacent allies Def+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn."

Their next actions...but it's at the start...? What?

If unit A has the skill and unit B starts their turn near A, B's relevant stat will be increased for that turn.

12 hours ago, Ryuke said:

If your character is level 19 and he defeat a level 14 (or 13 and below) he/she will gain 0 exp.

Gaining exp has to be relative to your level (-/+ 5)

12 hours ago, TheMoniker said:

Are you killing level-appropriate enemies? In this game, your Heroes stop gaining EXP when they're a certain threshold above an enemy's level.

So far as I can tell, the Training Tower gives out badges, but only one kind a day. You'll have to wait for the color you want to be in-stock then grind on the training tower.

Thanks y'all!! That helped a bunch and now my character is gaining levels again <3

Do characters get access to better skills once their star rating is upgraded? I've seen that some skills[weapons] can only be obtained once you reach a 3 star rating but I don't know if the same applies when going from a 4 star to a 5 star rating.

Can someone explain the Triangle Adept 1 skill to me?

Grants Atk+10% if weapon triangle advntage, Atk - 10% if disadvantage.

So does this mean that I deal more/less damage based on my Attack stat? So if my character has an Attack stat of 10 and fights an enemy at a weapon advantage, said character deals 1 extra damage?

About the My Nintendo Awards, I'm still trying to get my in game 10 orbs. It says that the orbs have been sent to my game's Present List but it has not shown up there. I'm not sure if me re-rolling my draws has affected this or not. I did link my My Nintendo account during one of these re-rolls but I only redeemed the award when I was satisfied with my roll.

Q: How does Physic actually work? I know it is a 2-Range Staff that can heal 8 HP, but it also says it restores HP to all allies within 2 spaces of the target. Thing is, I never see the second function actually activate despite having a wounded unit right next to the target.

Physic: "Restores 8HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target."

For Example...

A XXOX
B XXOX
C XHXX
D XXXX

X = Empty
O = Unit
H = Healer

Say I have the Healer in C2 "heal" the unit in B3. I also have a wounded unit in A3.
I know B3 will be healed 8 HP, but should the unit in A3 be healed as well? Reading the description, I think it would, but I didn't see it happen.
Edited by Sire

@Magician Lugh Base weapon triangle advantage/disadvantage is +/–20% Atk.

Triangle Adept skill increased the boost/penalty, so that it's +/–30% Atk at rank 1.

So in your example, your character with 10 base Atk will deal 10 × 1,3 = 13 damage to a 0 Def enemy while at an advantage.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Magician Lugh Base weapon triangle advantage/disadvantage is +/–20% Atk.

Triangle Adept skill increased the boost/penalty, so that it's +/–30% Atk at rank 1.

So in your example, your character with 10 base Atk will deal 10 × 1,3 = 13 damage to a 0 Def enemy while at an advantage.

I just assumed that weapon triangle gives +/- 1 but it's actually different. Thanks for the explanation.

Edited by Magician Lugh

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Care to do a quick stat comparison?

Lv 20 // 25 // 23 // 17 // 16 // 13

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mine was 26 / 18 / 12 / 10 with Speed +2 skill and Silver Lance.

Did you start with HP or ATK. One of the stat is missing.

So your Sharena is already 3*? Cause she doesnt learn Silver Lance until... 3*

Mine is still using Steel Lance. Have that speed support (level 1)

2 hours ago, Magician Lugh said:

Do characters get access to better skills once their star rating is upgraded? I've seen that some skills[weapons] can only be obtained once you reach a 3 star rating but I don't know if the same applies when going from a 4 star to a 5 star rating.

Yes, and you can observe this for yourself. Examine one of your less than 5 star units (say, in the edit teams menu, press the magnifying glass icon). At the bottom of the screen, hit Skill List and it will tell you what star rating they must be for each skill.

Also I went and answered my own question. Upgrading to the Royal Castle for 100%+ experience gains is the final castle upgrade.