"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

36 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Did you start with HP or ATK. One of the stat is missing.

So your Sharena is already 3*? Cause she doesnt learn Silver Lance until... 3*

Mine is still using Steel Lance. Have that speed support (level 1)

Oh, I started with Attack. I forgot what her HP was actually, but I think it was either 27 or 28. Yup, she's 3* now. Her Attack Power is exactly 3 points higher cuz of the Lance lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I started this game yesterday and got Tiki (a dragon girl, idk ive never played FE before). She seemed good but i messed up so I restarted. Now my best characters seem to be my Lucinas. One is at lvl 22 and the other is at 21. I had the impression that the feather system was unlocked at lvl 20< but I can't seem to be able to do anything with the Lucinas. Can I do anything besides lvl to 40? The lvl 22 Lucina has better stats (when they were both at lvl 20) so if I can combine them into 1 that would be great.

57 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Yes, and you can observe this for yourself. Examine one of your less than 5 star units (say, in the edit teams menu, press the magnifying glass icon). At the bottom of the screen, hit Skill List and it will tell you what star rating they must be for each skill.

Ah, thanks.

Is there a difference between a 5 star Focus character and a non-Focus 5 star character?

For Quests and Missions, do you only see the requirements for Hard after you've completed all of those on Normal difficulty level?

Are there stat caps in this game? 

Edited by Magician Lugh

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why do my characters not gain EXP on certain stages? Are the enemies they are battling simply too weak to afford EXP? 

(For example grinding through the story quests on normal, or even some of the lower tiered training levels, when I use Lv. 15+ characters, they gain no EXP from defeating enemies) 

Just now, SaMaster14 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why do my characters not gain EXP on certain stages? Are the enemies they are battling simply too weak to afford EXP? 

(For example grinding through the story quests on normal, or even some of the lower tiered training levels, when I use Lv. 15+ characters, they gain no EXP from defeating enemies) 

An enemy unit that is underleved compared to the player unit that is fightning it won't give you any experience. I think that the enemy should have -5 or -6 levels compared to the unit you want to train in order to give you 0 experience, altough i admit that I'm not completely sure.

24 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Is there a special reward or something for finishing the story ?

For now, it doesn't look like so. Still, there are the rewards for completing the Part 5 of the various "Worlds".

27 minutes ago, NMSKlyne said:

So I started this game yesterday and got Tiki (a dragon girl, idk ive never played FE before). She seemed good but i messed up so I restarted. Now my best characters seem to be my Lucinas. One is at lvl 22 and the other is at 21. I had the impression that the feather system was unlocked at lvl 20< but I can't seem to be able to do anything with the Lucinas. Can I do anything besides lvl to 40? The lvl 22 Lucina has better stats (when they were both at lvl 20) so if I can combine them into 1 that would be great.

You can't use any feather because she is already a 5* unit. Feathers are items that are used to bring the 3* or 4* units to 5*. And yes, you can combine your two Lucinas: go to "Allies", then go to "advanced growth". There you should have two options: "Unlock potential" and "Merge Allies"; go to "Merge Allies": there are two squares: one has "Lose" written in red and the other "enhance". Bring your Level 22 Lucina to the "Enhance" Square and your Level 21 Lucina to the "Lose" Square. Touch "Next" and - if the bonuses satisfy you - touch "Confirm" and "Enhance". Now your two Lucinas should be combined into one.

I hope I've been of some help!

7 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

An enemy unit that is underleved compared to the player unit that is fightning it won't give you any experience. I think that the enemy should have -5 or -6 levels compared to the unit you want to train in order to give you 0 experience, altough i admit that I'm not completely sure.

That's what I figured. Thanks!

Edited by SaMaster14

5 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

You can't use any feather because she is already a 5* unit. Feathers are items that are used to bring the 3* or 4* units to 5*. And yes, you can combine your two Lucinas: go to "Allies", then go to "advanced growth". There you should have two options: "Unlock potential" and "Merge Allies"; go to "Merge Allies": there are two squares: one has "Lose" written in red and the other "enhance". Bring your Level 22 Lucina to the "Enhance" Square and your Level 21 Lucina to the "Lose" Square. Touch "Next" and - if the bonuses satisfy you - touch "Confirm" and "Enhance". Now your two Lucinas should be combined into one.

Thanks it did help, seems I only get +1 lvl and 120 sp for the lvl 21 Lucina. Think I'll just keep both for hit and run tactics since they heal every 3 combat turns

Is it still possible to gain SP from defeating enemies at lv 40 for a 5* unit? is it possible to merge a 5* unit if it is already lv 40 (since merging increases lv and you're already at the cap)? asking because it seems impossible for Lucina to gain enough SP to unlock all her skills before lv 40 unless you gain a lot more SP at a higher lv (mine is lv 23).

13 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Is it still possible to gain SP from defeating enemies at lv 40 for a 5* unit? is it possible to merge a 5* unit if it is already lv 40 (since merging increases lv and you're already at the cap)? asking because it seems impossible for Lucina to gain enough SP to unlock all her skills before lv 40 unless you gain a lot more SP at a higher lv (mine is lv 23).

Yeah, Imo it seems very unlikely you would get the sp by 40. mine is lvl 22 (ive spent 270 + 111 in pool /so 381 total and have 949 sp  needed to unlock everything). Hopefully another lvl 40 merged is enough sp.

1 hour ago, Magician Lugh said:

Is there a difference between a 5 star Focus character and a non-Focus 5 star character?

There's no gameplay difference, but focus characters have a higher rate of being summoned and thus are easier to get than non-focus 5 star characters.

1 hour ago, Magician Lugh said:

For Quests and Missions, do you only see the requirements for Hard after you've completed all of those on Normal difficulty level?

Yes, and the same applies to Lunatic missions.

How do you get a defensive score in the arena? I've battled there several times and my defensive score always remains at zero. I know it isn't keeping everyone alive, because I've done that once or twice as well.

Just now, Anacybele said:

How do you get a defensive score in the arena? I've battled there several times and my defensive score always remains at zero. I know it isn't keeping everyone alive, because I've done that once or twice as well.

When people attack you. I got 194 points because my team won against a team led by Camilla. I don't know if you get points and if the result is shown when your team lose though.

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

When people attack you. I got 194 points because my team won against a team led by Camilla. I don't know if you get points and if the result is shown when your team lose though.

...What? But opponent units always attack you in battles and I still have a score of zero on defense.

Hello, I picked up the game on my mobile, did some research to "min-max" a team to get shit done and basically ended up clearing most of the content available at this time so I thought I'd post some questions some of you may be wondering to help out.

Q1. Are Alfonse, Sharena and Anna worth using?

A1. No. They'll be outclassed by a similar unit of 3* or 4* very quickly. That is not to say that they're completely worthless, once they reach 5* they can become "endgame" units for a 4/5* arena team. At this phase, they'll fare better than any 5* hero that isn't a main character in the series (ie 5* Hawkeye's best weapon is Killer Axe+, one of the weaker 5* options). 

Q2. Is there a benefit to leveling units past level 20 and then upgrading their rarity?

A2. None. Unless growth rates are affected but there's nothing to back that up.

Q3. I got a team of 3* or 4* to level 20 but I just got a 5* Hero from the summoning! Should I replace one of my 3* or 4* with that 5*?

A3. Yes. It doesn't take long get that newly obtained 5* hero to level 20 if you know what you're doing and it's more worth it in the long run because unless this 5* is not a main character, they'll have access to a really good personal weapon and more unique skills (ie counter-attacking enemies out of range).

Q4. Will we get more quests?

A4. For the Shards & Crystals category, you will get Hard and Lunatic versions of those quests when you fully complete the current difficulty's list of quests. Once you've cleared the Lunatic versions of those quests, you won't see any more of those come in and may be the case next month but we'll have to wait and see. For February quests, I still need to clear 1 hard quest to move on to the Lunatic list but I suspect that it's the same situation until next month rolls in.

Q5. Wait what, how long does it take to promote someone from 4* to 5*?

A5. It's the biggest grind in the game. Realistically, to get units from 4* to 5*, it can take weeks simply because of how the game is setup and how you get feathers.

Feathers can randomly come from your castle (I've only seen gifts of 5 so this is trash to be honest) but the best way to get them is the Arena. The arena rewards are only given once a week and the most feathers you can get from it in 1 week is...

Offense: 1,600

Defense: 500

Total: 7,100.

But wait, that 5,000 from rank is only if you're ranked as number 1 in the arena. I would just consider what you get from ranking a bonus and just strive to get the 1,500 from Offense every week.

Q6. What's the free orb stock in the game look like?

A6. You get 1 for the first time you clear a story mission. There are 9 chapters with 5 missions each per difficulty for 135 orbs that can be obtained from playing the story in all difficulty. I see one Hard difficulty mission for this month giving 3 orbs (probably another quest in lunatic giving 5, maybe 10, who knows) and then there's the orbs you get for your daily login. That's pretty much it.

Q7. Yikes that's a low orb supply if I don't buy them then. How should I be using my orbs in that case?

A7. How you use them is up to you as they're also replacements for Light's Blessing, Dueling Swords and Stamina refills. If you want to maximize obtaining heroes from the summoning. What you should be doing is using orbs as replacements judiciously and only summoning when you have 20 orbs for summoning (keep 1 handing if you want to use it to refill your stamina and keep playing). Remember to just login daily to get those free orbs.

Q8. Any other suggestions?

A8. I suggest that first you focus on making a team with 1 member of each color and some balance for taking on enemies. I haven't played with the Colorless units very much and just stuck to having a healer (Clarine) as my colorless fighter. I suggest having 2 units that target DEF and 2 that target RES. Prioritize including 5* heroes on your team even if you have to grind them up to match the level of your current team. Tackle the arena on the last day that you can so that you go in with the best team you can muster for the end of the weak and end up closer to the 3k offense max without spending too many dueling swords. Get the Great Badges for the color of units you wish to promote from 4* to 5* by doing the 6th Stratum or higher (Great Badges don't always drop).

Q9. Thoughts on the game?

A9. The game is a cashgrab just like many mobile games in the market and it preys on people seeking gratification that comes from getting their favorite character in higher rarity. It has very limited content and unless the Paralogue maps (which I haven't gained access to yet) are a game changer, the game will be something that you should look to play like once or twice a week to get the Great Badges you're seeking and do the arena. The game was designed to be played casually, whether you like it or not and whether or not you get want you want in terms of favorite characters, maxed out teams, etc has a lot of luck involved, better hope events give more than what they are now.  The game may be at its best right now simply because of this detail: Stamina costs are halved for Training Tower.

Q10. Do you unlock anything for clearing ALL Hard/Lunatic maps?

A10. At the moment, no. It's just for the orb on first clear and the Shards and Crystals quests for doing mission 5 of each chapter.

Q11. Do you unlock anything for clearing ALL Hard/Lunatic missions?

A11. Nope.

Q12. What is the weapon triangle bonus?

A12. +20% ATK when you have advantage, -20% ATK when you're at a disadvantage. While in a battle, look at the bottom right of the screen.

Q13. I can't merge my units! What the hell is going on?

A13. The unit is set as a favorite, which locks them from merging or being sent home so you don't do it by accident. Remove the favorite marking (heart icon) and you should be good. There's an Auto-favorite option in the menu that you can specify which rarity of summoned units automatically get the favorite mark placed on them.

Q14. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TAKUMIS @$#%$#!%#$@?

A14. Because it's stupid to give a Grey/Colorless unit a close/distant counter skill, specially if their ATK is high. Look for units that get a weapon advantage against Colorless like Cecilia and Robin.

Q15. Wait, the damage I'm seeing doesn't make sense. My unit has 30 ATK against someone with 0 res and neutral weapon triangle effect but they're only doing 15 damage per hit. What's going on?

A15. This is probably a healer you're looking at. They have their ATK cut in half somewhere in the damage calculation. It appears to happen after the defensive mitigation is applied.

Q16. What's the defensive stat (DEF or RES) to mitigate x weapon

A16. Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Shuriken -> DEF | Dragon/Tome/Staves -> RES

Q17. What are the Rising/Growing skills' patterns?

A17. Credit to Vaximillian

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Do weapon and magic triangles affect each other? (eg: are swords are good against thunder magic and axes are good against fire magic?)

I suppose this question will take more time to be answered, but with anima magic being split into wind/thunder/fire and only one type exclusively being wielded by mages (that's how it works, right?), what magic types do each mage wield? (Eg: does Merric wield wind magic only and Lilina wield thunder magic only?)

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. Dark Magic falls under the weapon triangle - for example, Raigh's weapon progression is Flux -> Ruin -> new spell thingy.  It's under red.

2. Looks like it's a physical attack for half damage (pending more numbers).  What makes it "good" are the effects tied to the attack (lower movement, invert boons, etc.)

3. MOST characters have the weapon you'd expect.  Caeda/Palla have swords FSR, Raven has an axe, and Corrin's weapon varies by gender. . .as a short list of examples.

Thanks!

Though regarding Raigh's magic being considered a red weapon type, does that mean that Raigh is good against thunder magic and bad against fire magic? Or does dark magic somehow have its own magic triangle with something like Flux/Fenrir/Luna replacing Wind/Fire/Thunder from anima?

14 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Q2. Is there a benefit to leveling units past level 20 and then upgrading their rarity?

A2. No, maybe a small difference in Hero feathers but if it is the case, it's so minuscule that it doesn't matter. A 38/4* Hawkeye costs 19,700 Feathers while a 21/4* Anna costs 20,000 feathers to upgrade, hell this detail could be character dependent. I've been observing the level 1 stats for 5* Hawkeye as he's been growing and there is not difference seen. If there's any benefit, maybe it's to "growth rates" but that is unconfirmed.

Let me guess - you merged that Hawkeye with another Hawkeye, right? It seems to me that when you merge units into some other unit, you lower costs for their upgrade by the amount of feathers you would've gained by sending the consumed unit home.

7 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Let me guess - you merged that Hawkeye with another Hawkeye, right? It seems to me that when you merge units into some other unit, you lower costs for their upgrade by the amount of feathers you would've gained by sending the consumed unit home.

Good catch. He's the only one I merged as every other duplicate I got was 3* and I'm not keeping any heroes below 4*

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

Do weapon and magic triangles affect each other? (eg: are swords are good against thunder magic and axes are good against fire magic?)

I suppose this question will take more time to be answered, but with anima magic being split into wind/thunder/fire and only one type exclusively being wielded by mages (that's how it works, right?), what magic types do each mage wield? (Eg: does Merric wield wind magic only and Lilina wield thunder magic only?)

Thanks!

Though regarding Raigh's magic being considered a red weapon type, does that mean that Raigh is good against thunder magic and bad against fire magic? Or does dark magic somehow have its own magic triangle with something like Flux/Fenrir/Luna replacing Wind/Fire/Thunder from anima?

Weapon and Magic Triangles are combined, so:

Swords/Dark -> Axes/Wind/Thunder -> Lances/Fire/whatever falls under blue magic -> Swords/Dark

You don't really need to pay attention what magic each character wield, looking at their tome color will tell you everything you need to know, for battle purposes anyway.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...What? But opponent units always attack you in battles and I still have a score of zero on defense.

When you go to the arena and battle, you attack enemy players (played by AI). If you fail, that enemy player will get a message that defense was succesfull and will get points for that. So when I would for example go to Arena and pick you as my opponent and fail to win against you, you would get a message saying defense was succesfull and get points based off that.

3 hours ago, Erchamion said:

Lvl.40 do not get anymore SP from defeating enemies, they can however get SP from merging. I have a Lucina too (lvl.40) and I indeed didn't have enough SP for Aether (around 300 off). But to be honest, Luna is probably a better skill because of the much lower CD.

2 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

No, I mean, when someone else launchs a fight against you, then your team is led by AI, just as wen you're attacking someone randomly.

After that, your "defense results" screen will look like that:

IMG_0352.PNG

Man I feel sorry to whoever that fought you.

He just wanted to continue his streak.

And here you are with 3 x 5* to stop him.

17 minutes ago, Birdy said:

When you go to the arena and battle, you attack enemy players (played by AI). If you fail, that enemy player will get a message that defense was succesfull and will get points for that. So when I would for example go to Arena and pick you as my opponent and fail to win against you, you would get a message saying defense was succesfull and get points based off that.

Ohhh. I guess either no one has lost to my team or no one has actually battled it...

37 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Swords/Dark -> Axes/Wind/Thunder -> Lances/Fire/whatever falls under blue magic -> Swords/Dark

I believe Fire falls under Red. Cause my Lilina uses fire/ or Bolgadone.
Blue perhaps be light.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, I started with Attack. I forgot what her HP was actually, but I think it was either 27 or 28. Yup, she's 3* now. Her Attack Power is exactly 3 points higher cuz of the Lance lol.

Off topic: But ... how did you already save up 200 feathers for her?

Edited by Ryuke