"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

This is something that troubles me a lot, because I run Reinhardt with Luna, and keep asking myself whether Draconic Aura or Bonfire/Iceberg are better? Once I max the Atk Seal, Rein will hit 50 base Atk (Summoner Support included), he generally is paired with Xander (Hone Cavalry) and already runs Death Blow, bumping his atk to 62 (or 63/64 depending on Xander's position), Draconic Aura would add 18 extra dmg, Bonfire/Iceberg would add 15-16 extra dmg (without defensive buffs), and in order for Luna to be equally effective the enemy has to have 36 res ~, which is really uncommon. But after all this insight I just say "screw it" Reinhardt barely needs a special.

Magic users tend to prefer Draconic Aura over Luna for a 3-charge special skill because enemies with high Res are so uncommon.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Magic users tend to prefer Draconic Aura over Luna for a 3-charge special skill because enemies with high Res are so uncommon.

Agreed. The average resistance, median resistance, and maximum resistance of all units in the game is significantly lower than any other stat.

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Just free pulled a +HP -Atk Minerva. Any ideas for her build? I could go LaD to patch up her Atk or Fury for a QR build. I'll probably give her a +3 atk seal

I would go with Life and Death. It is her cheapest build. Enemy Phase units really need +Atk to be effective in my opinion.

So I just managed to pull an Azura from the dancer banner (the lance wielding one, not the mysterious dancer with an axe). She's +Atk/-Res and I was wondering whether it would be better than the +Spd/-Res nature of my current Azura. I'm leaning toward keeping my +Spd one, but nearly every builds I've seen seem to favor +Atk. And I just in case it matters, my Azura is currently +3, so merging the latest one would bring her to +4.

Were there any leaks about the next Banner with the last update?  We're approaching the 2 week mark, so it's around now that we usually start getting info, but since we've got a month long banner, we don't really know when the next one will come.

I'm looking forward to Shrek.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, hypothetically... What's Raigh's ideal boon/bane? 

What are you trying to do with him?  Blade?  AntiLyn Raven?  Something else?

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Were there any leaks about the next Banner with the last update?  We're approaching the 2 week mark, so it's around now that we usually start getting info, but since we've got a month long banner, we don't really know when the next one will come.

I'm looking forward to Shrek.

What are you trying to do with him?  Blade?  AntiLyn Raven?  Something else?

Not that I know of. I think we'll be due for the new banner in the next few days though (going by the PA banner at least), so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I've been saving for the Fresh Prince for months. I hear his personal weapon is effective against guys starting trouble in the neighborhood.

Probably -blade or -raven, I suppose. He's the only character in Heroes I outright dislike, but maybe building him will make me like him more. Also I want it to not feel completely worthless when I pull him from now on.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Not that I know of. I think we'll be due for the new banner in the next few days though (going by the PA banner at least), so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I've been saving for the Fresh Prince for months. I hear his personal weapon is effective against guys starting trouble in the neighborhood.

Probably -blade or -raven, I suppose. He's the only character in Heroes I outright dislike, but maybe building him will make me like him more. Also I want it to not feel completely worthless when I pull him from now on.

For Blade+, +Spd-Def would be ideal.  Blade can buff your Atk to insane levels, but Spd is harder to get.

For Raven+, assuming you're using Lyn as your main opponent, he needs +Atk to OHKO CYLyn with TA, assuming Lyn doesn't have +HP or +Res.  If you give Raigh Bowbreaker or Quick Riposte, he should be able to take out all varieties regardless of nature.  Quick Riposte would help him take out Green Tomes, and that way you can give him +Atk and not worry about his speed as much,

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

For Blade+, +Spd-Def would be ideal.  Blade can buff your Atk to insane levels, but Spd is harder to get.

For Raven+, assuming you're using Lyn as your main opponent, he needs +Atk to OHKO CYLyn with TA, assuming Lyn doesn't have +HP or +Res.  If you give Raigh Bowbreaker or Quick Riposte, he should be able to take out all varieties regardless of nature.  Quick Riposte would help him take out Green Tomes, and that way you can give him +Atk and not worry about his speed as much,

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Alright, good to know. For -raven, would -HP be the best bane then, to keep somewhat mixed bulk? Or -Spd, since his speed isn't that great to begin with?

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, good to know. For -raven, would -HP be the best bane then, to keep somewhat mixed bulk? Or -Spd, since his speed isn't that great to begin with?

Either would be good.  29 Spd is too slow to do much with, unless you get a boon, so might as well be -Spd and get a Breaker or QR.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Either would be good.  29 Spd is too slow to do much with, unless you get a boon, so might as well be -Spd and get a Breaker or QR.

Got it. I'll be on the lookout for +Spd/-Def and +Atk/-Spd Raighs, then, and maybe try and build both just for fun. Thanks!

Two questions:

1.) I have a Hinata with 25 SPD. Should I use Ignis or Bonfire? I'm leaning for Ignis because he probably isn't attacking many twice.

2.) Does the defense boost from Steady Stance factor into Ignis and Wo Dao+ boost?

6 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

1.) I have a Hinata with 25 SPD. Should I use Ignis or Bonfire? I'm leaning for Ignis because he probably isn't attacking many twice.

2.) Does the defense boost from Steady Stance factor into Ignis and Wo Dao+ boost?

1) Bonfire if you want him to QR stuff without a killer, Ignis if you want him to QR stuff with a killer, Ignis if you want him to blow up stuff on player phase.

2) All in-combat buffs count for all special calculations.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1) Bonfire if you want him to QR stuff without a killer, Ignis if you want him to QR stuff with a killer, Ignis if you want him to blow up stuff on player phase.

2) All in-combat buffs count for all special calculations.

Thanks.

Another question:

Should I slap Threaten Def on him so he can extra explode stuff with Ignis or should I use Threaten Atk so he can take more hits?

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Should I slap Threaten Def on him so he can extra explode stuff with Ignis or should I use Threaten Atk so he can take more hits?

C-slot mostly depends on your team. You should evaluate it by yourself, I suppose.

Just now, HyperMorian said:

Question. Does Distant Def 3 stack with Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal?

It does. All in-combat buffs (those that don’t produce blue numbers) stack.

7 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Thanks.

Another question:

It depends on your team but I think Threaten Def is better, simply because Threaten Atk won't do much against any mages in range (he has poor Res anyway).

Personally I think Threaten Def is better so you can delete any units (especially mages) nearby ASAP.

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

So I just managed to pull an Azura from the dancer banner (the lance wielding one, not the mysterious dancer with an axe). She's +Atk/-Res and I was wondering whether it would be better than the +Spd/-Res nature of my current Azura. I'm leaning toward keeping my +Spd one, but nearly every builds I've seen seem to favor +Atk. And I just in case it matters, my Azura is currently +3, so merging the latest one would bring her to +4.

Since she won't be your main nuke, +SPD would be better in sense of survivability.  It should let her get doubled less with the cost of some kills. I'm content with my +ATK (+0) one, but usually when she kills stuff, it's by doubling the opponent. 

9 hours ago, wushuguy said:

Just pulled this Nowi. Any good? And any builds?

Screenshot_20171011-163525.png

Your Nowi got [+Spd, -Atk], so it is not very ideal. I would hold off on investing in her until you get a +Atk version.

6 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

In my opinion, only go with +Atk if you are using a Brave Lance build. I agree with @mampfoid and go with +Spd for everything else.

You could also just keep both and build two Azuras.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've got a spare Blyn and was considering sacking her off for Attack Smoke. Does it apply even when attacked, or is it just when you initiate? Because my Tiki needs to get even more ridiculous.

It activates after any combat.