"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, Ryuke said:

I believe Fire falls under Red. Cause my Lilina uses fire/ or Bolgadone.
Blue perhaps be light.

Off topic: But ... how did you already save up 200 feathers for her?

Ah, I thought so too. I got thrown off a bit by someone else saying fire was on blue. Thanks for correcting!

Feathers was probably done by sending characters 'home' which gives you feathers for them.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is Kagero in Heroes? I was thinking she might be nice considering most of the troublesome units in the Arena I saw were infantry type, but I kind of wonder how effective the bonus "effective against Infantry" really is? The low Might on the final weapon kind of worries me (at least from what I saw on a wiki page on her), but I hope she does have very good Attack growth like in Fate.

Just now, Ryuke said:

Off topic: But ... how did you already save up 200 feathers for her?

I believe you get some from doing missions. I had about 400 when I realized Shareena only used 200. Then I just grinded the tower until I get enough Blue emblems through the random drops.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I believe you get some from doing missions. I had about 400 when I realized Shareena only used 200. Then I just grinded the tower until I get enough Blue emblems through the random drops.

Hmm, I did all the normal and hard missions and currently on the lunatic ones. None of them gave feathers, atleast for me and I assume it's the same for everyone. Feathers were probably gotten by sending units 'home'.

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

3. MOST characters have the weapon you'd expect.  Caeda/Palla have swords FSR, Raven has an axe, and Corrin's weapon varies by gender. . .as a short list of examples.

Caeda is super associated with Lances, so while I can understand giving Palla swords, Caeda having swords makes zero sense. If they wanted another sword Pegasus Knight, why not Est or Catria?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, I did all the normal and hard missions and currently on the lunatic ones. None of them gave feathers, atleast for me and I assume it's the same for everyone. Feathers were probably gotten by sending units 'home'.

Really? Then I wonder how I had 400 just sitting there. I haven't done any microtransactions, and as far as I know, there's no way to buy feathers in the first place. Maybe it was a login bonus? I don't think I got 400 feathers just from friends.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

if I'm merging characters, do the stats/level of the lower * character affect the bonuses for the higher * character?

Nope, doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Are there supports?

Not in the traditional way. There are supporting skills, but no supports that makes units bond with each other.

6 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

if I'm merging characters, do the stats/level of the lower * character affect the bonuses for the higher * character?

Probably not. It's just a level up like any other (if they're the same rarity) and some SP added to the one being enhanced. The only other thing to note is that the level up is "included on the side" which is to say that it does not count towards the requirement of being level 20 to unlock potential or level 40 to being max level. Level 19+5 cannot unlock potential for example. When you do upgrade the rarity on the + character, you are discounting the feathers you would've gotten if you had just sent the character you lose on enhancement home instead.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Is there a way to influence what color of Badge you get on the weekend?  I can't for the life of me get any green badges, and Nino is who I want to upgrade right now.

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Nope, doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Probably not. It's just a level up like any other (if they're the same rarity) and some SP added to the one being enhanced. The only other thing to note is that the level up is "included on the side" which is to say that it does not count towards the requirement of being level 20 to unlock potential or level 40 to being max level. Level 19+5 cannot unlock potential for example. 

I see. Right now I have a lever 25 3* Nino. I'm wondering if I were to pull a 4* from the gacha whether it would be better to try to rank up the 3* one or merge it to the 4* one.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I see. Right now I have a lever 25 3* Nino. I'm wondering if I were to pull a 4* from the gacha whether it would be better to try to rank up the 3* one or merge it to the 4* one.

I would check the base stats the 3* Nino would have as 4* to see if there's a difference. Unless the rank-up stats are better than the 4* Nino you just pulled, you're better off just switching to the 4* Nino right now.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a way to influence what color of Badge you get on the weekend?  I can't for the life of me get any green badges, and Nino is who I want to upgrade right now.

I was just gonna ask this. I've been getting a quite a few Transparent badges but I want Blue badges. Also adding onto the question: do the stadiums that we choose to fight influence the color badge that we get or are they completely random? 

2 minutes ago, Magician Lugh said:

I was just gonna ask this. I've been getting a quite a few Transparent badges but I want Blue badges. Also adding onto the question: do the stadiums that we choose to fight influence the color badge that we get or are they completely random? 

To go along with this, I think no, but hopefully I'm wrong.  Is there a way to trade badges for a different color, like in the My Castle with resources?  I've got like 100 colorless badges and no use for them.

I've done 10th stratum a couple times and 6th-9th at least 10 times each. On weekends I think the color is just random and the higher the Stratum you tackle, the larger the quantity of badges you get. The only thing I'm not sure of yet is if doing say, 8th stratum has a higher chance for your badge to be the Great variant than doing so on the 6th. If I had to guess, it's probably just the quantity that's affected.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Is there any real advantage to merging a character and getting the Level 22+ over just being Level 22 for example, other than just getting an extra shot at a level up's stats?

3 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Man I feel sorry to whoever that fought you.

He just wanted to continue his streak.

And here you are with 3 x 5* to stop him.

Sort of a related question:

So if you lose an arena fight, do you lose some offence points? 

Are Offense points cumulative, or does it just take your best 7 game streak, or does it take your most recent streak?  Also, can I potentially hurt myself point wise by keeping going at the arena, if I lose, or are points locked in once you earn them?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Are Offense points cumulative, or does it just take your best 7 game streak, or does it take your most recent streak?  Also, can I potentially hurt myself point wise by keeping going at the arena, if I lose, or are points locked in once you earn them?

It's just your best run.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there any real advantage to merging a character and getting the Level 22+ over just being Level 22 for example, other than just getting an extra shot at a level up's stats?

Just SP, level ups when they're of the same rarity and the feather cost of unlock potential is discounted by the same amount you would've gotten if you had just sent them home instead (at least that's what's been observed so far).

5 minutes ago, Minischew said:

Does SP stack up when merging? For instance, if I have a 3* unit with 50SP and I merge that one to a 4* unit with 10SP, will the 4* unit have 60SP in total?

No. It's just the fixed amount of SP based on rarity.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque
Blargh, can someone please merge this with my previous post

7 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

It's just your best run.

Just SP, level ups when they're of the same rarity and the feather cost of unlock potential is discounted by the same amount you would've gotten if you had just sent them home instead (at least that's what's been observed so far).

That seems a bit underwhelming.  So all I have to show for my two 5-Star Takumis is +1 to HP and Atk?  I only have one Skill left to buy, so I don't think the extra SP is really that great a bonus in the long run.

So this means I should level all my characters to level 20 and no more, until I can save 20k feathers? That will take weeks/months.

Can a lvl 20 party hold against the more difficult maps? Any 4★ will fall behind miserably...

What should I do with extra characters? Or is it totally personal preference? I've mostly been sending them off, especially if I have a 4* version of them.

Today I summoned 2 more 5* Marths in addition to the one I summoned yesterday. So I don't know if I should merge them, keep them, or send them off.

Thanks in advance!