"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

This might be a stupid question, but I’ve seen some people mention that they have a separate f2p account, so I’m concerned that having spent money might have changed anything about my account? Do you get less free orbs if you spend money?

IS wants people to spend money, so giving them less free stuff would be suicide from a moneymaking perspective.

The conspiracy theory is the opposite: some would have you believe that the game would secretly boost your 5* rate if you spend money, because of course IS want you to spend money. And sure, the motive is there. But it's easy too show from documented pull sessions that whales have just as much bad luck as the rest of us.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to pull a +spe -def Takumi on the recent countering skills banner and I wanted to invest into him further. Would it be better to stick with his Fujin Yumi or 5 star a Leon and give him Slaying Bow+? I already have a bunch of other brave bow archers like Cordelia and Klein, so I'd rather not run that type of build with him.

2 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

This might be a stupid question, but I’ve seen some people mention that they have a separate f2p account, so I’m concerned that having spent money might have changed anything about my account? Do you get less free orbs if you spend money?

In general, most players that have a second free-to-play account do it for the challenge and bragging rights or so that they can get their favorite characters on at least one of their accounts (if they don't care that their characters will end up split over two accounts) since two accounts means double the free orbs.

35 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I was able to pull a +spe -def Takumi on the recent countering skills banner and I wanted to invest into him further. Would it be better to stick with his Fujin Yumi or 5 star a Leon and give him Slaying Bow+? I already have a bunch of other brave bow archers like Cordelia and Klein, so I'd rather not run that type of build with him.

In general, any bow user without spectacular Def (Gordin, Leon, Corrin, Jakob) or Res (Faye, Innes, Niles, Jakob) prefers Brave Bow, Firesweep Bow, or their unique weapon if they have one.

If you want something unique, go for Fujin Yumi's special refine, which effectively changes his movement type to Armored Boots armor and gives him Warp Powder, both when above 50% HP. It's not quite as good as the other options for actual combat, but grants you very flexible positioning. At the very least, it differentiates him from Klein and Jeorge, who both have similar stat spreads as he does.

So I just pulled a +Spd -Res Leo from the new banner. (if this was Ryouma, it'd literally be perfect) With the new refinement, I had hoped to be able to use him outside of Horse Emblem, but with those IVs, I am not sure if that still checks out.

What do you guys think? And what kind of builds do you suggest in- and outside Horse Emblem (should the latter be advisable).

19 minutes ago, Nanima said:

So I just pulled a +Spd -Res Leo from the new banner. (if this was Ryouma, it'd literally be perfect) With the new refinement, I had hoped to be able to use him outside of Horse Emblem, but with those IVs, I am not sure if that still checks out.

What do you guys think? And what kind of builds do you suggest in- and outside Horse Emblem (should the latter be advisable).

Not the best, but not the worst either. If you want to use refined Brynhildr then I'd just slap on fury and moonbow. You don't need anything else since he comes with QR. Oh, and give him a horse buff. For seal I'd recommend distant defense

He shines the most in horse emblem, but tactic skills can also be used

Edited by silveraura25

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Not the best, but not the worst either. If you want to use refined Brynhildr then I'd just slap on fury and moonbow. You don't need anything else since he comes with QR. Oh, and give him a horse buff. For seal I'd recommend distant defense

He shines the most in horse emblem, but tactic skills can also be used

Huh, that's a very inexpensive skills set. I like it. Thanks for the help!

Before Eirika's weapon refinement, I was pretty sure +SPD was my best boon option for her. Her ATK output isn't THAT fabulous, and she's mostly mean to buff. But now, since she can soak up all the buffs, and she does have a superboon in ATK, so does she benefit more from an ATK boon to give her a better combat presence? Obviously both are going to be pretty good, and her main role is still going to be to buff her allies. What do folks here tend to prefer? 

46 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Before Eirika's weapon refinement, I was pretty sure +SPD was my best boon option for her. Her ATK output isn't THAT fabulous, and she's mostly mean to buff. But now, since she can soak up all the buffs, and she does have a superboon in ATK, so does she benefit more from an ATK boon to give her a better combat presence? Obviously both are going to be pretty good, and her main role is still going to be to buff her allies. What do folks here tend to prefer? 

Atk boon is the better one now. 30/35 becomes 33/38 with fury. Add on +8 spd from field buffs and she can reach 46. We've yet to get speed tactics, but it would give her +12 spd, so that would be 50. +atk with the super boon is more useful for player phase.

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Atk boon is the better one now. 30/35 becomes 33/38 with fury. Add on +8 spd from field buffs and she can reach 46. We've yet to get speed tactics, but it would give her +12 spd, so that would be 50. +atk with the super boon is more useful for player phase.

I'd have to agree with this. Although keep in mind that even 46 spd isn't enough to double many of the faster meta picks in arena, if that's the thing people really care for.

Being able to do 30x2 damage to a fast enemy is often more beneficial than 34x1. It's all situational of course. Maybe I just value speed too much.

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'd have to agree with this. Although keep in mind that even 46 spd isn't enough to double many of the faster meta picks in arena, if that's the thing people really care for.

Being able to do 30x2 damage to a fast enemy is often more beneficial than 34x1. It's all situational of course. Maybe I just value speed too much.

Hmm. You know, you're right. Speed boon is more beneficial

So, in the last orb of the counter skills banner I got a spare Hector. I've always wanted to get DC fodder, but now that I've it, I'm not sure who should be the unit to receive it. At first, I was thinking about giving it to Masked Marth, who is actually at +4 and is part of my current Arena team. Not being able to merge her more means that sooner or later she'll left the team, which reduces my interest of giving her DC. Next option that came to my mind was Amelia. However, being a 5* exclusive is an important drawback, as it makes her difficult to merge her enough to enter my Arena team. Having a 5*+6 B!Ike doesn't help neither. 

So I don't really now who could be given such a premium skill. Who would you recommend guys? I'd like it to be a red or blue unit, not 5* exclusive if possible, since it'll probably end being part of my Arena team. My current Arena core is B!Ike(+6)/M!Marth(+4)/Fjorm(+0).

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, in the last orb of the counter skills banner I got a spare Hector. I've always wanted to get DC fodder, but now that I've it, I'm not sure who should be the unit to receive it. At first, I was thinking about giving it to Masked Marth, who is actually at +4 and is part of my current Arena team. Not being able to merge her more means that sooner or later she'll left the team, which reduces my interest of giving her DC. Next option that came to my mind was Amelia. However, being a 5* exclusive is an important drawback, as it makes her difficult to merge her enough to enter my Arena team. Having a 5*+6 B!Ike doesn't help neither. 

So I don't really now who could be given such a premium skill. Who would you recommend guys? I'd like it to be a red or blue unit, not 5* exclusive if possible, since it'll probably end being part of my Arena team. My current Arena core is B!Ike(+6)/M!Marth(+4)/Fjorm(+0).

I would not worry about your scoring unless you are sitting at the edge of being promoted or demoted in your Tier. If you are still going to be bouncing back and forth between Tier 19 and Tier 20 even after you slap Distant Counter and some high SP skills onto someone, there is not much point in doing it in my opinion.

If you are on the edge though, I would go with Soleil for red and Nowi for blue; both have high BST and are available at 4*. You might also want to consider Fae unless you are planning to whale for BH!Ike. You can check out the wiki's stat table and sort by BST.

I would also focus on using Aether as a score booster rather than Distant Counter since only Enemy Phase units want Distant Counter and not every Enemy Phase unit needs it either, as some of them have Distant Counter on their Weapons already. Specials also generally contribute less to combat performance compared to stat boosting A skills, so I would switch Specials out first. If you use the Askr trio as bonus units and you do not need them for combat, you can give them a score boosting set, that way you still get the score increase without impacting the performance of you combat units. Cheaper high SP skills are in italics:
Aether — Galeforce — Area of Effect Specials
Rally Spd/Def — Rally Spd/Res — Rally Def/Res
Distant Counter — Sturdy Blow
Escape Route — Poison Strike
Drive Spd — Drive Res
Drive Def — Poison Strike — Def Tactic

If you have enough resources to get units to 5*+10, you may also want to consider ranged units even though they have lower BST. A core of Reinhardt, Nino, and Olivia is pretty easy to use.

I recommend checking out the Arena score calculation analysis for more information.

Edited by XRay

If I were you, I'd keep the spare Hector if there's nobody you really want to give DC to, or if there's nobody in your barracks who really needs it. You never know what new units are around the corner who could really do with it.

Personally, I'd give DC to my Myrrh, so she can carry my weak-ass flying team even harder. Or Ayra. But I'd probably just keep it for something even better, too.

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Soleil for red and Nowi for blue; both have high BST and are available at 4*. You might also want to consider Fae unless you are planning to whale for BH!Ike. You can check out the wiki's stat table.

I would also focus on using Aether as a score booster rather than Distant Counter since only Enemy Phase units want Distant Counter and not every Enemy Phase unit needs it either, as some of them have Distant Counter on their Weapons already. Specials also generally contribute less to combat performance compared to stat boosting A skills, so I would switch Specials out first. If you use the Askr trio as bonus units and you do not need them for combat, you can give them a score boosting set, that way you still get the score increase without impacting the performance of you combat units. Cheaper high SP skills are in italics:
Aether — Galeforce — Area of Effect Specials
Rally Spd/Def — Rally Spd/Res — Rally Def/Res
Distant Counter — Sturdy Blow
Escape Route — Poison Strike
Drive Spd — Drive Res
Drive Def — Poison Strike — Def Tactic

If you have enough resources to get units to 5*+10, you may also want to consider ranged units even though they have lower BST. A core of Reinhardt, Nino, and Olivia is pretty easy to use.

Hey, thx for answering! Although I have some things to say about:

I'm F2P, so whaling it's not an option. However, I tend to save orbs (had 300 for the Hero Fest and a few less than 200 for the last legendary banner), so probably I'll start saving again for another Brave Ike banner as soon as I get a Spring Kagero. So green is not a colour that I think has priority atm for my team.

As for Nowi (and Fae), Lightning Breath has built-in DC, so I wouldn't give that skill to them. But maybe you were saying that only for the team composition rather to the DC question (same with Soleil, which I currently has with L&D, but she's +0). 

For B skill, I would prefer something like Renewal or Wings of Mercy, which are 240 SP skills too. Same goes for sacred seals such as Quick Riposte or Close/Distant Defense. As you pointed, dual rallies such as Sturdy Blow and Mirror Strike are great options, I agree with you on that.

Also, I'm not prioritizing Arena points to combat performance, so maybe saying my Arena team mislead the main question instead of being helpful (as Chrom).

So, the real question is that I want to know good Red/Blue units who can take advantage of DC

Edit: Also, have been playing since launch, but I haven't got even a single 4* Reinhardt D':

Edited by Javi Blizz

Of your characters mentioned, I'd personally recommend Brave Ike. He gets good mileage out of it (and he'll take less damage from most blue tomes because he simply one-hit kills them on the counterattack instead of having to take the second 20%-damage hit), and it helps a lot that you already have him at +6 merge since it looks like you won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

The other option, as Raven mentioned, is to save it for later when a character comes around that really, really wants the skill.

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, the real question is that I want to know good Red/Blue units who can take advantage of DC

Ayra, Mia, Caeda, Sigurd, Zephiel, Effie, Gwendolyn, Winter Robin, Valentine Eliwood, Clair, Florina.

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

In that case, I would go with Myrrh as @Raven said if you got her, or an armor unit that does not have Distant Counter on its Weapon. You can also give it to mage tanks to transform them into mage counters, like Camilla and Titania.

Okay @Raven, @Ice Dragon, I think I'll keep him for a while until I really find someone who really wants DC. B!Ike would be amazing, but having 2 of my only 5 premium skills (being the other 3 Close Counter in Takumi and W!Tharja and Warding Breath in L!Ike) just doesn't feels good to me atm.

Edit: @XRay Titania would be amazing too, but I prefer to give it to a non green unit. But thx for answering!

Edited by Javi Blizz

I find myself in need of advice again. How does this build look for LA Hector?

Hector (LA) [+DEF / -SPD]
    ◉ Berserk Armads
    ☗ Swap
    ▶ Bonfire
    A: Distant Counter
    B: Vengeful Fighter 3
    C: Threaten Def 3
    S: Brash Assault 3

Suggestions are welcome.

14 minutes ago, Reddazrael said:

◉ Berserk Armads
    ☗ Swap
    ▶ Bonfire

Suggestions are welcome.

Brash Assault needs to work in conjunction with Desperation. Brash Assault by itself is kind of useless; Brash Assault activates only if the unit is less 50% HP AND the enemy can counter, and without Desperation, the Brash Assaulter will usually die when the enemy counters due to having 50% HP or less.

I would give LA!Hector Close Def, Distant Def, Drive Def, or Panic Ploy.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brash Assault needs to work in conjunction with Desperation. Brash Assault by itself is kind of useless; Brash Assault activates only if the unit is less 50% HP AND the enemy can counter, and without Desperation, the Brash Assaulter will usually die when the enemy counters due to having 50% HP or less.

I would give LA!Hector Close Def, Distant Def, Drive Def, or Panic Ploy.

I'll probably give him Distant Def thanks to his lower Res, and keep him away from dragons. Thanks!

@ReddazraelWhile I can see some point on Brash Assault for LA!Hector, the simple thing is it would be very situational so I would only do so if the other seals I wanted to give him were already taken. Basically it could let LA!Hector one round some bulky lances on player phase that he normally wouldn't kill due to not doubling. His defense is high enough that even with less than 50% HP he could eat a non-special hit from a physical blue. But just read that over again. That is a lot of situational that needs to go your way. Meanwhile you could use the DD or CD seals and get a good solid boost for his main job. But I sorta see what you were going for.

It is kind of like what I do with my Myrrh. I have her with Lancebreaker and axebreaker as B options in addition to QR. If I don't need her for anti-archer duties and don't have anyone else on her team who wants the QR seal I'll go ahead and use one of the breakers, usually lance. This gives her a bit more mixed phase use when it comes to deleting a particular threat. Though only the dragon team really sees that set up. Being able to one round even the toughest lances on my phase has come in handy on a few occasions. Still a rather situational boost, but in my case she doesn't really need the other seals to do her job. True, maybe a chill B slot or another B would be better than a breaker if QR is covered for her, but it works for me in that one particular team. However, breakers are just plain better than Brash Assault in general due to each's HP requirements.

I don't remember the last time I needed build help, but I am stumped on this one.

Young Tiki, +Spd -Atk. Quite unfortunate, but given she is 5* exclusive I'll have to live with this nature for a good while.

I also have Nowi and Fae who can give their respective Breaths to Tiki, as well as Distant Counter (Vhector) to go with Light Breath. I do have the feathers and spare Subaki for QR3 as well.

I've been trying to find their "best" set, but always come a little short. The best I've been able to manage each required Attack forges and Attack +3 sacred seal, but after that I get stumped.

If there's a better set idea out there, especially one that can be considered "flexible" to accommodate any nature, I'd appreciate learning it.

Young Tiki is a unit I'm apprehensive about building right now because of the increasing possibility of her being in the next round of new legendary weapons, given she's fairly iconic and yet comes with basically Silver Breath+. Lightning Breath at least is not too expensive but it'd suck giving away DC then finding she gets an awesome new weapon for free.

@Usana Thank you for the advice! I haven't really made much use of breaker skills thus far, but I should probably rethink that.

In the mean time, my attempt at Armor Emblem:

◉ Berserk Armads
    ☗ Swap
    ▶ Bonfire
    C: Ward Armor
    S: Distant Def 3

Robin (M) (FH) [NEUTRAL]
    ◉ Expiration
    ☗ Swap
    ▶ Aether
    A: Distant Def 3
    S: Close Def 3

Hardin [+ATK / -SPD]
    ◉ Gradivus
    ☗ Pivot
    ▶ Aether
    A: Brazen Def/Res
    B: Bold Fighter 3
    C: Armor March
    S: Quick Riposte 3

Zelgius [NEUTRAL]
    ◉ Alondite
    ☗ Pivot
    ▶ Black Luna
    A: Mirror Stance 2
    B: Warp Powder
    S: Deflect Magic 3

12 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

◉ Berserk Armads
    ☗ Swap
    ▶ Bonfire

Suggestions are welcome.

replace brash assault 3 with Quick riposte 3 seal and replace vengeful fighter 3 with bold fighter 3 and you have got yourself a nice LA hector.