"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

41 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

Merge a +Res -Spd Katarina to my Neutral Katarina or fodder for Attack Ploy?

-Spd will hurt her a lot for performing double. I think you should keep the neutral one.

You should consider fodder Swift Sparrow first. Atk Ploy is a lot easier to be found on Oliver and Julius. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Simpsons138 said:

Merge a +Res -Spd Katarina to my Neutral Katarina or fodder for Attack Ploy?

Personally not a fan of Katarina so I always fodder off any copies I have of her, just keeping one. If you plan to use her, the +res is always great to ploy more things. Neutral speed is 34, so nothing of much value will be lost if running -spd.

34 speed isn't shabby, even if it isn't as great as it once was. Particularly if you are Owling her with her new tome. 32 Res is enough to Ploy. And since Fury is a solid pick for her that is 37 speed and 35 res. The Owl effect bumps that up to 43 or 41 if you can't get all three adjacent. 39 if you can only get one adjacent for some reason. That is enough to deny doubles particularly if you take allied boosts and her ploys into effect. But yeah, I wouldn't tank her speed.

Like Ginko said Swift Sparrow is the more premium fodder on her. So if you do fodder one do it for that rather than atk ploy.

Well I figure I would ask folks for ideas on Micaiah. +SPD/-ATK. 32/31 isn't exactly a great offensive spread. So what would you do with her? Just go with a default build? Or try and make the speed useful? I was thinking of running her for fun with my double Sanaki team(red and green). Probably need to run sword breaker since she would be the sword stopper of the group. Probably another unit of mine that wants Fury. And a C Ploy(speed?). I dunno. I just figure I should find some way to use her rather than leaving her at lvl 1. And I like the idea of pairing her and Sanaki.

@Xenomata Okay thanks for the advice!

I'm thinking of saving my Shannas for now since I've halved my Shanna count in the last month. Looks like Iceberg/Glacies it is.

As for the Brave Axe, I might see if I can somehow get another Bold Fighter if W!Lissa is coming in the legendary banner or the upcoming Fighter skills banner, then decide if I get a dupe one then. Thanks!

On 7/17/2018 at 5:27 AM, D4RTH said:

So the Nowi that I currently use in my arena team (Tier 19-20 swing), is about to get her last merge.

The one I use for the basis atm is 5* +Spd/-Hp. The main issue is, that I recently picked up a 4* +Def/-Hp copy of her as well.

Which is the stronger to use?

1. +Spd/-Hp
  2. +Def/-Hp? 

Kit:

Lightning Breath+ (Spd)

Rally Def/Res

Aether

Steady Breath

Guard 3

Panic Ploy 3

Seal - Quick Riposte 3

If you are going with +Spd, you generally want to Spd stack her a little more with Speed +3 Sacred Seal and buffs, so something like:

+Spd, -HP

Lightning Breath [Spd]

Ignis/Moonbow

Steady Breat/Fury

Quick Riposte

Speed +3

4/4/0/0

If you are not Spd stacking her enough, she would have middling Spd and that is the worse kind of Spd, since you cannot prevent enough doubles and you are not slow enough to rely on high damage Specials.

Spd tanks do not really need Guard in my opinion since they not going to be hit twice.

In my opinion Nowi should either go all out on Spd with [+Spd, -HP], or dump Spd with [+Atk/Der/Res, -Spd].

I personally prefer the -Spd route so she can trigger Aether in one round of combat. I have not checked her recently, but I think [+Atk/Def, -Spd] gives her a much higher damage output and kill count as well.

I was planning to give Galeforce ot my +Atk Shigure, but with the new Flashing Blade seal, I had an idea.

Would giving Galeforce to Leif be worth it? He has pretty high Spd (technically he has higher then Shigure because of Fury), and S Drink + Hector's Ostia's Ward + Flasing Blade/QP could be fun in PvE chain maps?

Or is damaging specials a better option for him? He's +HP/-Def if that's a factor in anything

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas First, Flashing Blade seal cannot apply on Flier. Lief can use it but I think QP seal is better on him to get immediate special nuke on turn 1. 

In case of Galeforce, Lief can run this build too but you may give up his S drink to Desperation+Flashing Blade seal instead. But in long fight content, he would enjoy S drink than Desperation.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

@mcsilas First, Flashing Blade seal cannot apply on Flier. Lief can use it but I think QP seal is better on him to get immediate special nuke on turn 1. 

In case of Galeforce, Lief can run this build too but you may give up his S drink to Desperation+Flashing Blade seal instead. But in long fight content, he would enjoy S drink than Desperation.

Oh I meant the Flashing Blade seal just gave me an idea to use it on Leif instead of giving Shigure Galeforce :)

I don't really use Leif a lot so he'll be more for TT and CCs, but I guess more damage would make more sense. Trying to save my Desperation fodder right now, so I'll just abandon the GF idea for now. Just thought it would be a fun build.

Looks like it's either Shigure or my Summer Cordelia for GF then (but +Spd/-Atk is a bummer, I wish she could have Flashing Blade)

I just pulled a +SPD/-HP M!Morgan which will replace my +DEF/-RES one. I like him, but he got stiff competition from other red mages. I'm not sure if it's worth to merge them ( @Zeo ), since Morgan is available also at 4* or if to find a candidate for Dull Ranged instead.

My arena core is all melee without DC so far. Perhaps Caeda would appreciate DC/Dull Ranged ( @LordFrigid ), she'll replace Roy sooner or later. 

Otherwise I don't have ideas who else could profit from it. 

@mcsilas Leif with S-Drink, Flashing Blade and Galeforce sounds like fun. GF is seldom about effectivity but more about fun. Who else do you consider for the skill combo? 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My arena core is all melee without DC so far. Perhaps Caeda would appreciate DC/Dull Ranged ( @LordFrigid ), she'll replace Roy sooner or later. 

Do you tend to run into -blade mages? I usually have her use DC/QR for EP purposes (which is most of the time), though I have considered giving her Dull Ranged to mess with -blade mage dependent teams that run into my defense team. I suppose you could go with DC/Dull Ranged/QR Seal; but if she's going on a mixed team you might want to have her provide Ploy support.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Leif with S-Drink, Flashing Blade and Galeforce sounds like fun. GF is seldom about effectivity but more about fun. Who else do you consider for the skill combo? 

I'll keep that in mind one day when I get another Virion to fodder Astra with.

Going down my last of high speed units that can inherit Galeforce, the candidates are:

- +Spd/-Atk Sundelia (41 spd)

- Fury 2 Leif (40 spd)

- +Spd Fir (wants damage), and +Spd Lon'qu (40 spd, haven't promoted but I'm waiting for +Atk. He wants damage as well)

- Linus (38 Spd, not refined yet)

- Groom Marth, but I kind of like Bonfire on him

- +Spd/-Atk, Fury 3 Ike (37 Spd). I think he likes his Aether though.

- +Atk/-Res Shigure (37 Spd)

Shigure at least has flier mobility, and I might give him Slaying Lance since normal Cordelia already has the Firesweep lance. He appreciates a +Spd Refine to build on top of his +Atk. 

Of the ones that can have Flashing Blade, that's Leif, Fir, Lon'qu, Linus and Ike. Maybe if I narrow it down it'll be either Leif or Linus. I still need to summon a +Spd Raven though, and he would be good for GF as well.

Thanks guys for all the answers here, here’s another one:

I’ve got a spare Ares and Mia, who should I give Brazen Atk/Def and Flashing Blade to? For references, I’ve got most characters, M!Grima, Chrom and Lene have Brazen Atk/Def and Kaze has Flashing Blade

@mampfoid Looks like I join you in the pitybroken by Morgan M club lol. Mine is +HP/-Def though which is..strange. I guess the HP superboon makes up for Def bane? And if I use Grima's Truth he still gets Def+3 anyway, so maybe I should stick with that?

Also asking for @Zeo for ideas on either building him or keeping him for fodder.

That said, most people like their B slot to be something else and not Dull Ranged though right?

If you don't care about his prf, I think mampfoid, your +Spd Morgan M would be great for red bladetomes. I mean sure you have Bride Tharja though, but he could be a backup bladetomer for AA.

Edited by mcsilas

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Do you tend to run into -blade mages? I usually have her use DC/QR for EP purposes (which is most of the time), though I have considered giving her Dull Ranged to mess with -blade mage dependent teams that run into my defense team. I suppose you could go with DC/Dull Ranged/QR Seal; but if she's going on a mixed team you might want to have her provide Ploy support.

To be honest I usually don't check what tome enemies have equipped since no one of my actual team tanks magic at all. I won't sacrifice a 5* unit only for arena defense, the merge it is then. Thanks! 

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I'll keep that in mind one day when I get another Virion to fodder Astra with.

When that day comes we could elaborate your options again. Perhaps you'll get a +SPD Raven or Shigure or one of the OP swords until then. 

7 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

I’ve got a spare Ares and Mia, who should I give Brazen Atk/Def and Flashing Blade to? For references, I’ve got most characters, M!Grima, Chrom and Lene have Brazen Atk/Def and Kaze has Flashing Blade

Alfonse could run double Brazen with his updated Prf. Also the sealed Falchion users (Lucina, M!Marth, Chrom, Cav!Chrom) would profit from it. 

Flashing Blade is better as a seal than the A-Slot skill, but you could save it for a gimmicky armor/infantry build with Galeforce or Aether. 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

If you don't care about his prf, I think mampfoid, your +Spd Morgan M would be great for red bladetomes. I mean sure you have Bride Tharja though, but he could be a backup bladetomer for AA.

I like his Prf, it's pretty unique in the tome world. I don't use blade tomes in AA except for my first Flier Emblem and Cavalry Emblem. If I ever build a mixed team or Infantry team with a blade tome, I'd prefer Tharja/Nino/Tailtiu since they already come with blade tomes.

- - - - - -

On that quote below (somehow I can't edit the area below on mobile):

It's not his best nature, but it's fine for TTs for example. I just gave mine cheap Darting Blow and Draw Back and he became a good addition to my team back then. So if you ever get a better nature, you won't have problems using that copy for SI. 

I also didn't find an ideal candidate for Dull Ranged so far. 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Looks like I join you in the pitybroken by Morgan M club lol. Mine is +HP/-Def though which is..strange. I guess the HP superboon makes up for Def bane? And if I use Grima's Truth he still gets Def+3 anyway, so maybe I should stick with that?

Also asking for @Zeo for ideas on either building him or keeping him for fodder.

That said, most people like their B slot to be something else and not Dull Ranged though right?

Edited by mampfoid

7 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

Thanks guys for all the answers here, here’s another one:

For the A slot, Flashing Blade sucks. Fury and Life and Death are cheaper and better. Mia does not have much to offer, so I would just merge her.

I would not give Brazens to anyone unless it fits with your play style. Brazen sacrifices your first round performance for potentially better later round performance; since the unit will be fighting without stat boosts, the unit is less likely to do what it is supposed to or survive its first round of combat. You can also run HP manipulation Assists on someone on the team instead of using combat to get your health lower, but you are also then giving up a powerful movement Assist or a score boosting Assist skill.

Player Phase units running Brave Weapons and/or Desperation-Brash Assault with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid can run Brazen Atk/Def over Death Blow.

For Enemy Phase units, it works well with Vantage, however, Vantage is primarily suited for units with 75+ Atk and those units usually want Close Counter and Distant Counter over Brazen Atk/Def. If you do not need WOT!Reinhardt to deal with ranged units, Brazen Atk/Def works well with Vantage to allow WOT!Reinhardt to strike twice first to hit 75+ damage in two hits. Blade mages with 6/6/6/6 buffs (45+ Atk with 30+ Atk buffs) and staff users with high Atk and Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow (50+ Atk with 24 damage) generally prefers Close Counter, but Brazen Atk/Def can also work if you do not need them to face melee combat.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Alfonse could run double Brazen with his updated Prf. Also the sealed Falchion users (Lucina, M!Marth, Chrom, Cav!Chrom) would profit from it. 

Flashing Blade is better as a seal than the A-Slot skill, but you could save it for a gimmicky armor/infantry build with Galeforce or Aether. 

Guess I did make the right call for Chrom, I'll consider giving it to any of the Sealed Falchions or Alfonse

5 hours ago, XRay said:

For the A slot, Flashing Blade sucks. Fury and Life and Death are cheaper and better. Mia does not have much to offer, so I would just merge her.

I would not give Brazens to anyone unless it fits with your play style. Brazen sacrifices your first round performance for potentially better later round performance; since the unit will be fighting without stat boosts, the unit is less likely to do what it is supposed to or survive its first round of combat. You can also run HP manipulation Assists on someone on the team instead of using combat to get your health lower, but you are also then giving up a powerful movement Assist or a score boosting Assist skill.

Player Phase units running Brave Weapons and/or Desperation-Brash Assault with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid can run Brazen Atk/Def over Death Blow.

For Enemy Phase units, it works well with Vantage, however, Vantage is primarily suited for units with 75+ Atk and those units usually want Close Counter and Distant Counter over Brazen Atk/Def. If you do not need WOT!Reinhardt to deal with ranged units, Brazen Atk/Def works well with Vantage to allow WOT!Reinhardt to strike twice first to hit 75+ damage in two hits. Blade mages with 6/6/6/6 buffs (45+ Atk with 30+ Atk buffs) and staff users with high Atk and Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow (50+ Atk with 24 damage) generally prefers Close Counter, but Brazen Atk/Def can also work if you do not need them to face melee combat.

I see, guess Mia will be merged then, Swordhardt then? Alright then, he's not +Atk but he can dish out massive damage regardless so, I'll consider it since I don't have either Close or Distant Counters

I am closing in on the legendary "20k feathers for a 5* promotion", and to be honest I thought I knew what I was gonna use it on, but... I kinda hit a standstill...

Here's the dilemma: My goal in the game is to have a large Quantity of 5* units. I don't worry so much over the units Quality, because I have enough units with enough quality to achieve everything I need to do (some healer nukes, some flying bladetomes, Reinhardt, a bunch of dancers, etc). I don't strive to stay in Tier 20, I'm perfectly okay hovering even in Tier 18. I don't care that much about the loss of 1.2k feathers, it's the Orbs I care more about maintaining.

However, I do also have a sense of keeping up unit Quality, and a number of the units I have for promotion either have great potential, or they have a better nature than the 5* version I have of them. Some of them I even already have at 5*, albeit with a bad nature. There's also the issue of Skill Inheritance, because a lot of my units do need some skills, notably Quick Riposte.

Hence why I'm here and about to wall of text this thread yet again. Man I'm glad there's a spoiler function...

Spoiler

Athena +Atk -Res: I don't have many units with Special Damage boosting weaponry, and Athena would be a fairly cheap yet still effective user of such.

Tobin: Because the number of Green Armors in AA is dumb, I need to be able to keep up. Tobin is a cheap answer to such.

Seliph +Atk -Spd: I somehow managed to avoid ever being pity broken by 5* Seliph before the summoning pool changes, so now I have to consider if I want to use Seliph. Divine Tyrfing is a very defensive weapon, so it is tempting...

Lloyd: Maybe there's something I don't understand about refined Regal Blade, but I'm not that big a fan of it's effect in the first place, especially on an Infantry Sword, plus I wouldn't even be refining it soon in the first place. Please, if I should promote Lloyd next, tell me why I should even bother using refined Regal Blade...

Marisa: Same reason as Athena above.

Chrom +Atk -Res: He's been given Atk/Def Bond for a plan that involves him, Spectrum Bond Falchion, and Male Corrin's Supportive Yato. It'll take two Divine Dew refines to achieve, but I do plan to make him the bulkiest and strongest Sword in my army.

Hana +Spd -HP: She's been vegetating for a long time now, and it's not like she can't function as a strong and fast Armor killer.

Lazlow +Atk -Res: More for novelty with a Brave Sword than anything, you know pair him with Xander, Peri, and maybe Selena in Tap Battle...?

Zephiel: No really strong personal reason to promote him.

Ares Neutral: The only Ares I've been able to pull since he was added. I've had trouble fighting some Ares, I know he can be deadly.

Caeda +Atk -Res: For armor/cavalry killing purposes. Wing Sword's refine would not be next, but it would certainly be added to the high priority refine list.

Lilina +Atk -Def: My current Lilina is -Spd, which in some cases is hurting her a lot more than it should be. While I don't anticipate her needing to ever try and double anything, I also don't ever anticipate her ever needing to take physical hits anyways, so...

Gwendolyn +Atk -Spd: I do have a +Def -Spd elsewhere, but my plan is to first promote this Gwendy and then promote the +Def later on, putting a merge level on her later on. She's already been given a Berkut's Lance with +Def refine, and I do have Vengeful Fighter fodder.

Abel +Atk -Res: Simple user of Brave Lance. He'd be... pretty much my only good Lance Cavalry unit if promoted. All my other ones are a little crummy...

Est +Atk -Spd: Powerful and very likely candidate for a permanent spot on a Flier team, Est is already fully built and just waiting for a promotion.

Valter: I also need convincing to know why I should care about Valter... he just doesn't seem impressive on paper...

Subaki +Spd -Res: Yep, not for Quick Riposte, I feel I wanna use this Subaki.

Female Corrin +Atk -Res: I'd be focusing on her tanking ability via Dark Breath first and foremost. Lightning Breath+/Distant Counter can come later.

Tailtiu +Spd -HP: A simple Blarblade user.

Male Robin +Spd -HP: Probably not a good nature, but I also would appreciate more bow counters, a better nature can come later.

L'arachel +Spd -Res: Not sure what I'd do with her yet...

Titania +Spd -Def: Since she got the Draconic Poleax, I've been a little more interested in promoting her... not so strongly that I immediately make the choice though.

Cherche +Atk -Res: I already have +Atk -Spd, but I want the -Res bane so that I can let her be slightly faster when using a Hammer if I ever make the decision to change her weapon on a whim.

Camilla +Spd -HP: Not entirerly sure what I'd do with her off the bat, but she does at least hold potential now more than ever.

Gordin +Atk -Res: Not necessarily a needed promotion, especially since I accidentally promoted my Klein before, but he's here.

Rebecca +Spd -Res: Can't give her a Firesweep Bow, but I can still replace the crummy +Def -Res Rebecca I have now.

Saizo +Def -Res: Tanky Smoke Dagger.

Kagero +Spd -Res: Poison Dagger attacker of Infantry. I once had her before, but she sucked back then. I feel I can do better with this nature than whatever crummy nature she had back then...

Lachesis +Atk -HP: To replace my current +Res -Atk Lachesis at 5*, who can barely even get good heals.

Ogma +Atk -Res: Ogma seems pretty good, even though I largely never really cared to look his way for a long while...

Julius: Magic Tank. Not much else to say. I even have some Distant Defense fodder that he can use.

Sophia +Atk -Spd: To replace my current +Atk -HP Sophia. She's only using a basic Rauðrraven set right now, but I still want to replace her Bane.

Roderick +Spd -Def: Cheap Firesweep Lancer, on a horse to boot.

Peri +Spd -Res: I know Peri wants -Def for better ploy usage, but this is honestly the best Peri I've gotten in MONTHS, I am completely willing to drop her Res if it means replacing the crummy +Spd -Atk Peri I've been using.

Clair +Atk -Def: Do I even need to explain?

Haekeye +Res -Spd: My current Hawkeye is -HP, so I'd like to replace that at some point.

Linus: He seems good, even for normal unit standards.

The following are all for Skill Inheritance. Please assume that unless otherwise stated, each unit has some form of an ideal nature.

Soleil: For Firesweep Sword. I have a few Sword users who'd like it. Elincia, HMY!Camilla, maybe Sky Olivia.

Tharja: For Rauðrblade. My Anamnesis Eirika is +HP -Atk, and I need to fix her crummy Attack somehow.

Roderick: For Firesweep Lance. Yes I have the Roderick I'd intend to keep, but I also have these Rodericks to give away some good ol Firesweep madness. WE!Robin, Effie, Peri, SA!Cordelia, Tana, Cordelia, Shigure.

Klein: For Brave Bow. My LA!Roy really wants it.

Nino: For Gronnblade. Honestly, I like Gigaxcalibur on SF!Nino, but there's just so much power behind flying bladetomes, and Nino even rocks a +Atk nature for even more raw damage.

Cecilia: For Gronnraven. For PA!Inigo, since he needs to be able to take on Bows while he isn't dancing.

Subaki: For Quick Riposte, why else? Myrrh is the only one who "needs" it, but I also have a number of other units who currently don't run a very ideal B slot.

Special note: I am very interested in promoting Walhart when his Grand Hero Battle is released. As such, I am also open to the opinion of saving my feathers for him, and even my next set of 20k feathers to put Quick Riposte on him (I don't think he needs Chill Def to do the job he is obviously being made for).

Please note, I don't have the feathers needed now. I would anticipate getting them once this Arena week ends, maybe sooner if I get impatient and clear a bunch of Chain Challenges. As such, there is plenty of time to convince me, stop me from doing something stupid, etc etc.

Edited by Xenomata

For the following units, if you have the patience, I would wait for a slightly more ideal nature since they are available at 3* or 4*.

43 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Athena +Atk -Res: I don't have many units with Special Damage boosting weaponry, and Athena would be a fairly cheap yet still effective user of such.

+Atk is not bad, but +Spd is lot better in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Seliph +Atk -Spd: I somehow managed to avoid ever being pity broken by 5* Seliph before the summoning pool changes, so now I have to consider if I want to use Seliph. Divine Tyrfing is a very defensive weapon, so it is tempting...

+Def is a bit better in my opinion, as it allows him to better withstand being doubled. With +Atk, Seliph is more likely to die to on the enemy's double, so he cannot counter again with a Bonfire trigger via Quick Riposte, which makes giving him +Atk to increase his damage output sort of moot.

There is also a case for [+Res, -Spd] if you want him to specialize against mages, but he needs Distant Counter to counter them. Without Distant Counter, he will just be a wall against mages; in my opinion, walls suck since they do nothing but charge the enemies' Special.

59 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Chrom +Atk -Res: He's been given Atk/Def Bond for a plan that involves him, Spectrum Bond Falchion, and Male Corrin's Supportive Yato. It'll take two Divine Dew refines to achieve, but I do plan to make him the bulkiest and strongest Sword in my army.

Similar to Seliph, I recommend +Def over +Atk. I would also go for -Spd to preserve his magic bulk to better handle dragons, but -Res is fine too if you do not think he will face them that often.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Ares Neutral: The only Ares I've been able to pull since he was added. I've had trouble fighting some Ares, I know he can be deadly.

If you are doing the Bonfire-Vantage thing, I would wait for a [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Res] nature.

Lilina +Atk -Def: My current Lilina is -Spd, which in some cases is hurting her a lot more than it should be. While I don't anticipate her needing to ever try and double anything, I also don't ever anticipate her ever needing to take physical hits anyways, so...

I would go with -Def. Having neutral Spd helps slow units double PvE enemies. My Reinhardt is -HP instead of -Spd, so he can quad attack armor units with a Hone Cavalry buff and finish them off in one round of combat.

Gwendolyn +Atk -Spd: I do have a +Def -Spd elsewhere, but my plan is to first promote this Gwendy and then promote the +Def later on, putting a merge level on her later on. She's already been given a Berkut's Lance with +Def refine, and I do have Vengeful Fighter fodder.

If you are using her in a Distant Counter Ward Armor team, I would actually merge the +Def into the +Atk, since Gwendolyn has more than enough bulk. I think Berkut's Lance is better on a non armor unit, since Berkut's Lance on top of 2 or 3 stacks of Ward Armor is overkill.

Male Robin +Spd -HP: Probably not a good nature, but I also would appreciate more bow counters, a better nature can come later.

You want +Atk. For most Raven mages, I recommend getting them to 4*+10 rather than promote them to 5*. 4*+10 is cheaper and have more stats than 5*+0. You can still merge him for more stats as a 5* unit, but that takes a ton more Feathers.

Peri +Spd -Res: I know Peri wants -Def for better ploy usage, but this is honestly the best Peri I've gotten in MONTHS, I am completely willing to drop her Res if it means replacing the crummy +Spd -Atk Peri I've been using.

-Res does not matter if she is running cavalry buffs, and -Res is better for performance. I would not worry too much about getting a -HP/Def copy since the C slot is so flexible. I personally prefer -Res since buffs are easier to use than Ploys in my opinion.

The following are all for Skill Inheritance. Please assume that unless otherwise stated, each unit has some form of an ideal nature.

Soleil: For Firesweep Sword. I have a few Sword users who'd like it. Elincia, HMY!Camilla, maybe Sky Olivia.

Tharja: For Rauðrblade. My Anamnesis Eirika is +HP -Atk, and I need to fix her crummy Attack somehow.

Roderick: For Firesweep Lance. Yes I have the Roderick I'd intend to keep, but I also have these Rodericks to give away some good ol Firesweep madness. WE!Robin, Effie, Peri, SA!Cordelia, Tana, Cordelia, Shigure.

Klein: For Brave Bow. My LA!Roy really wants it.

Nino: For Gronnblade. Honestly, I like Gigaxcalibur on SF!Nino, but there's just so much power behind flying bladetomes, and Nino even rocks a +Atk nature for even more raw damage.

Cecilia: For Gronnraven. For PA!Inigo, since he needs to be able to take on Bows while he isn't dancing.

Subaki: For Quick Riposte, why else? Myrrh is the only one who "needs" it, but I also have a number of other units who currently don't run a very ideal B slot.

Unless Soleil, Tharja, Roderick, and Nino are [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res], I would not be too attached to them. Unless Klein, Cecilia, and Subaki are +Atk, I would not be too attached to them either.

— — — — — — —

I would personally go with Caeda, Clair, Hana, Kagero, Subaki, Titania, Tobin, and other units with effective Weapons or Triangle Adept since you seem like you need a little more units for Arena Assault.

@Xenomata Difficult to say whom to promote first if I don't know what competition each unit has in your roster. For example that L'Arachel may become your perfect Blade tome user in a Cav team, but it wouldn't make sense if you already had plenty blades built for your uses. If Abel fills an empty niche, take him. Walhart will be an instant promotion for me. 

For me perfect natures aren't too important, those you've listed seem all very good (especially if you want to use a unit soon). If it's worth to change the nature of a unit you already have at 5* depends on how much you plan to use her/him. 

Don't underestimate Valter, his Lance goes very well with Fury and Desperation (and Brash Assault seal). I had some fun with him in several TTs.

Why promoting Subaki for SI? I've never missed the third level of QR on my EP units. 

Long response is long, please forgive this poor soul who can't keep his mouth shut once he does start talking.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless Soleil, Tharja, Roderick, and Nino are [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res], I would not be too attached to them. Unless Klein, Cecilia, and Subaki are +Atk, I would not be too attached to them either.

Oh, I meant the units who would be receiving the listed skills, not the skill fodder. At least, I assume that's where a miscommunication error occured, because I otherwise don't know why you'd care about the nature of fodder (god that sounds horrible in context). Tharja, Nino, and Cecilia are already 5* with either decent or their best natures. Though when I looked again, I did notice a [+Spd -Res] Soleil. My current Soleil, who's been serving my needs exceptionally (she kills armors with 62 Atk and Swift Sparrow), is [+Atk -Res].

Otherwise, as a general response to your comments on units who would prefer a different nature... while I can certainly act on such one day, I also usually like to ensure that, if a mistake such as the nature of a unit is made, said unit would one day be able to receive merge levels as a sort of compensation for being crummy. One example would be my Lilina, who used to be no more than a 5* pity breaker with a bad nature until I gave her the [+Atk -Spd] she has now (it was the best Lilina I had managed in a while at the time).

So while I might be able to act on those comments one day, it'll be a little far off into the future before I do. I really need to go back to many of my earlier sessions of doing this actually, I may gleam a bit of hidden knowledge I didn't notice at the time...

4 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are using her in a Distant Counter Ward Armor team, I would actually merge the +Def into the +Atk, since Gwendolyn has more than enough bulk. I think Berkut's Lance is better on a non armor unit, since Berkut's Lance on top of 2 or 3 stacks of Ward Armor is overkill.

Right now that isn't an option for me (no Distant Counter fodder), but also of note is that I haven't given any of my major Armor units Ward Armor yet. It's not like I can't, I have like 5 or 6 fodderable Draug, but as of now I've yet to really field more than one Armor per AA battle.

I honestly don't see it as overkill though, since neutral Res Gwendy with Berkut's Lance triggered is only 35 Res, which doesn't really soak up that much magic. My own opinion though.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would personally go with Caeda, Clair, Hana, Kagero, Subaki, Titania, Tobin, and other units with effective Weapons or Triangle Adept since you seem like you need a little more units for Arena Assault.

I will not argue this point.

Process of elimination, Kagero feels lowest priority since Poison Dagger on top of Kagero's Attack is still only like 40 Attack before A Passives are applied, which... isn't bad but also units these days REALLY like both Speed stacking, Defense stacking, and Distant Counter, so...

Caeda and Clair, while I don't dispute their effective damage, they're both also a little Attack impaired (though I do also have this Hinoka lying around who exists solely to make sure any fliers who need a Hone Fliers boost can get a Hone Fliers boost). Of the two, Clair feels lower priority due to the abundance of Green Armors per AA team compared to Red Armors.

Titania and Subaki would both serve well making sure I have a form of defense against their respective color advantages, while Hana would be a very raw power Armor killer... and Tobin to I guess...

As for other units with effective weapons or Triangle Adept... well, I do have this [+Spd -Def] Sully who I didn't mention because I otherwise don't hold too high opinions of her. I also have Narcian, [+Atk -Def] Raigh, and [+Spd -Def] Mathilda, but none of them feel amazing enough to warrant giving a promotion to.

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Difficult to say whom to promote first if I don't know what competition each unit has in your roster. For example that L'Arachel may become your perfect Blade tome user in a Cav team, but it wouldn't make sense if you already had plenty blades built for your uses. If Abel fills an empty niche, take him.

I could give a list of competition each unit would have (L'arachel would be my only Blarblade user among my Blue Mage Cavs, but I still have Blarblade on F!Morgan and BB!Caeda, also Reinhardt) (Abel doesn't necessarily fill an empty niche. I do have Brave Lancers, he'd just be one of my better Lance Cavs), but none of the units I listed have much competition in the roles they would serve, besides the two you mentioned. At least, no competition that feels necessary to dispute.

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why promoting Subaki for SI? I've never missed the third level of QR on my EP units. 

It's an issue of my own morals. Not having the max level skill, even if the 2nd level of the skill is technically better or more reasonable, bothers me a lot. I only have QR2 on one unit, my Adult Tiki, and seeing QR2 on her, then QR3 on the Young Tiki right next to her, really bugs me...

47 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Don't underestimate Valter, his Lance goes very well with Fury and Desperation (and Brash Assault seal). I had some fun with him in several TTs.

I certainly do not doubt this, but... let's just say my Bridelia has a firm hold on the Brash Assault seal right now, which is to say she has NEVER unequipped or replaced that seal since she got it.

It probably smells of blood by now...

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I honestly don't see it as overkill though, since neutral Res Gwendy with Berkut's Lance triggered is only 35 Res, which doesn't really soak up that much magic. My own opinion though.

39 Res because you're almost always going to be using the Res refine with Berkut's Lance.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

39 Res because you're almost always going to be using the Res refine with Berkut's Lance.

Since Berkut's lance is so limited, I wonder if we'll see a non-pseudo personal weapon version of it any time soon.  I seem to see it on Armors in Arena all the time, but people have only a max of 5 of them available.

While I was summoning on the Ylissean Summer Banner, I happened to pull another Deirdre. I’m unsure as to what I should do with her. The first Deirdre’s IVs are [+Speed, -Res] while the second one has [+Res, -Def].

Should I merge them together or inherit her QR3 onto my F!Corrin? Or maybe even inherit Speed Ploy 3?

5 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

+Spd -HP Leo - should I try a budget set, or just raise to 40 then fodder QR3?

Leo is probably the least budget horse in existence. (Though it's better now that he has a Prf refine---but you still have to spend dews on him, so...)

At his best, he approaches Reinhardt levels of strength*, but his floor is a lot lower, thanks to his 3 less Atk, weaker Prf, and heavier support requirement. So you should only invest in him if you like him a lot.

*Their CC Vantage -blade sets are almost identical, thanks to them both being incredibly bulky horses.

Edit: He does have stuff like TA -Raven or whatever, but again, most of his sets are going to require multiple 5* fodder, even if some of the fodder can be pulled lower, you'd still need to feather them up.

Edited by DehNutCase