"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Normal Chrom is absurdly slow, and Falchion's special refine is a Bond skill, both of which are traits better used on enemy phase.

Not that it would change his role as an EP unit, but Chroms Falchion can evolve alternatively into Sealed Falchion (at HP < 100% grants +5 DEF/RES/ATK/SPD). This goes well with Brazen ATK/DEF @Jingle Jangle

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A went back to run the numbers and he gets rather impressive results (against ranged units on enemy phase) when running

Niles [+Spd, -Def] (Slaying Bow+ [Spd], Glacies, Spd/Res Bond 3, Quick Riposte 3, Spd Ploy 3, Flashing Blade 3) +4/4/0/0,

pretty much only failing to win against Brave Bows and armors (granted, there aren't any daggers on my enemy list). I mean, sure, it's only against ranged units on enemy phase, but it's definitely something.

And it's also hella expensive with Spd/Res Bond only coming from Spring Kagero and Spd Ploy from Deirdre or Saias. I really wish they would improve the availability of Bond skills (skill shop when?).

Ah damn. I’d so be down to build that myself if it wasn’t so expensive. I suppose substituting spd/res bond for spd/res 2 from Nanna would grant similar results? I’ll have to try it at some point. Time to go send feedback to IS about implementing a skill shop.

32 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ah damn. I’d so be down to build that myself if it wasn’t so expensive. I suppose substituting spd/res bond for spd/res 2 from Nanna would grant similar results? I’ll have to try it at some point. Time to go send feedback to IS about implementing a skill shop.

Fury is probably a better substitute since his sustain is rather poor regardless due to a lack of weapon triangle advantage against anything.

Some questions of my own! How do you win against the hardest Infernal difficulty consistently? What is your brigade composition like for Grand Conquest? Everyone in my brigade are 5*+10, but I am still having a tough time with the hardest Infernal. I think my most successful attempt was hitting the fort twice, but I do not think I ever managed to destroy it. Usually, I only end up capturing the enemy's camp, but deal no damage to the fort.

I am currently running primarily Enemy Phase dragons with Y!Tiki, Nowi, Fae, and FV!F!Robin in one wing while A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Myrrh, and BB!Lyn in the other wing. I got ASS!Y!Tiki and F!Kana as immediate reinforcement.

The rest of my brigade are basically just fillers with WOF!Hinoka and HNY!Azura coming after the dragons, and after them are a bunch of armor units.

Edited by XRay

@XRay I haven't done a perfect score in Infernal yet, but wouldn't having Razzle Dazzle Pain + Savage Blow healers or Smoke Dagger units help? Well assuming you have some in your friends

Enemy phase units are good too but at least they can soften up the enemy in player phase.

That or have Wings of Mercy units to help move to fortresses faster

@XRay I find that player phase Horses works the best with a couple of fliers thrown into the mix and a few infantry/armor tanks that can hold down the fortresses. Also a wings of mercy flier and healer help.

Its a lot easier to deal with enemies when they’re all dead.

The problem with that strategy is that I’m very reliant on the maps not screwing over the Horsies by having a bunch of trenches, trees, rivers, etc. so more fliers would actually be better than horses but I don’t have much built up myself and very few people in friend list have fliers as their leads so that’s why I stick to horses.

edit: also might’ve been obvious already but just in case don’t auto the map. Personally every time I try that the AI makes questionable choices.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@XRay

I’ve been fully completing “Infernal 2.0” pretty consistently. My current setup is very Flier-Heavy, and mostly Player Phase. The initial 8 are:

• Myrrh: Tank for enemies that are not red or holding some flavor of Naga.
  • Tana (Winged Princess): Galeforce set. Sweeps stuff.
  • Caeda (Talys’s Heart): Fortify Fliers buff for Myrrh, mostly. She’s currently running a Galeforce setup in case I need it, though that’s just an experiment. She was using her regular DC/QR EP set before.
  • Azura (Celebratory Spirit): Hone Fliers & Sing.
  • Morgan (Lass from Afar): -blade nuke with Wings of Mercy.
  • Camilla (Spring Princess): -blade nuke with Wings of Mercy.
  • Roy (Brave Lion): Galeforce set. Sweeps stuff. Hone Cav for Elise, in case I need her to hit someone.
  • Elise (Delicate Flower): Gravity, Hone Cav for Roy, and healing.

Usually I try to get Myrrh in position to safely take out as many foes as possible right out of the gate. After that, Tana and Roy can usually punch through the leftovers, and often become great warp points for the Wings of Mercy -blade tomes. Caeda usually doesn’t have to fight much, but it’s nice to have her around to slice up the occasional Hector.

Immediate backups are Robin (Fell Vessel), Tana (Noble & Nimble), a friend’s Tiki (Beachside Scion), Lilina (Delightful Noble), and Hinoka (Warrior Princess).

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Some questions of my own! How do you win against the hardest Infernal difficulty consistently? What is your brigade composition like for Grand Conquest? Everyone in my brigade are 5*+10, but I am still having a tough time with the hardest Infernal. I think my most successful attempt was hitting the fort twice, but I do not think I ever managed to destroy it. Usually, I only end up capturing the enemy's camp, but deal no damage to the fort.

I am currently running primarily Enemy Phase dragons with Y!Tiki, Nowi, Fae, and FV!F!Robin in one wing while A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Myrrh, and BB!Lyn in the other wing. I got ASS!Y!Tiki and F!Kana as immediate reinforcement.

The rest of my brigade are basically just fillers with WOF!Hinoka and HNY!Azura coming after the dragons, and after them are a bunch of armor units.

I mostly just auto the hardest Infernal. (I'm one more fight away from level 25, so I don't feel the need to actually put effort in.)

I have some high merges---Cordelia is finally +10, Rein is +6---but mostly it's the random low merge stuff I have or I found on the friends list. I have my flier team as 4/8 of my starting team, with Flying Azura, Cordelia, Flying Hinoka, and Flying Corrin (I should replace her with Nino, since Nino has the better nature, but honestly I don't care enough). And a horse team is my other 4/8. This is Rein, Horse Lyn, a friend's Brave Roy (+0, default set), and either green Olwen or Cecilia---honestly I don't remember who it is, just some random +0 horse I have.

Cordelia and Brave Roy having Galeforce means that they take forts really easily, and the rest of the team is high mobility meaning they can setup to take forts really easily. If I played it I can probably consistently clear around turn 6---key is to setup to kill the fort asap to prevent reinforcements, even if you have to lose a unit, you can even teleport your own reinforcements in to clear stragglers anyway---but Inferno gives enough points that every auto battle is at least 1k points per small lance (and usually about 10k per full set), which is more than enough for level 25 and a high rank. (I auto'd to rank 4 last round.)

The rest of my lineup is just high merged randoms that aren't completely retarded in AI hands. But by 'high' I mean relatively. They're mostly like +6 at most, and +2 ish on average, I think.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with -Def/Res over -HP. -HP seems to give the worse performance. -Res gives the best performance, probably due to having enough magic bulk to survive most mages, so she will need some physical bulk to survive archers and dagger units. However, you may still want to consider using -Def so she can ploy enemies, and dagger units are not very common in the higher tiers, and I do not think Ishtar can reliably survive a counter attack from TOD!Jakob and most Distant Counter melee units even if she keeps her Def.

Ishtar +10, +Spd
Mjolnir, Moonbow
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Enemies +10, Moonbow, Fury, 3/3/3/3
Player Phase [-HP] 140:20:114
Player Phase [-Def] 140:13:121
Player Phase [-Res] 143:11:120
Player Phase [-HP, 4/4/0/0] 202:21:51
Player Phase [-Def, 4/4/0/0] 202:14:58
Player Phase [-Res, 4/4/0/0] 206:11:57

I managed to get enough copies to +10 her. Didn't luck out and get a +Spd/-Res copy, so +Spd/-Def it is. Not to worried about the superbane tbh and like you said, Ploy's become an option. Thanks for the help here.

I have a few other IV's to compare if you're interested:

Legendary Lucina (+5 merge) - +Spd/-Res VS. +Atk/-HP. 

Legendary Lyn (+5 merge) - +Spd/-Res VS. Neutral.

OG Roy (Future +10 merge) - +Def/-HP VS. +Atk/-HP.

My Thoughts:

Legendary Lucina - +Spd/-Res is the obvious pick here, though I'm interested in seeing how the +Atk/-HP copy compares (Especially at higher merges).

Legendary Lyn - +Spd is amazing for her obviously, but the -Res superbane hurts for both arena, tanking and ploy use. Merges do help mitigate the damage slightly. Slightly unsure which of these two copies to roll with atm, but it will likely be the +Spd/-Res copy (For now anyway). I've built her as more of a player phase unit anyway.

OG Roy - +Def Superboon helps his arena scoring, enemy phase combat and Bonfire/Ignis damage potential, but at the same time, his Attack is fairly mediocre as it is. Unsure here, though leaning towards the +Def/-HP copy. Likely will be using Steady Breath for A slot, though Distant Counter isn't out of the question in the future either.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I haven't done a perfect score in Infernal yet, but wouldn't having Razzle Dazzle Pain + Savage Blow healers or Smoke Dagger units help? Well assuming you have some in your friends

I got two in my brigade, I got BB!Lyn with my dragons, and I think I have another healer mixed in with my armor units towards the end.

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Enemy phase units are good too but at least they can soften up the enemy in player phase.

I switched from a mix of nukes and armor to just armors, and then from armors to dragons. Armors and dragons can keep marching forward, stand their ground during Enemy Phase, and then keep marching forward, so I do not have to worry about them dying in enemy range. I switched from armor to dragons cause dragons can march faster. Player Phase nukes have to sort of retreat a bit to stay out of enemy range, so it is a bit harder for them to hold territory and advance sometimes.

Well, at least that is the plan anyways for the easier Infernal.

For the harder Infernal, my dragons are not as capable of holding ground anymore as they often die to enemy nukes.

33 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That or have Wings of Mercy units to help move to fortresses faster

Maybe I will need more of those. I am just not sure if Wings of Mercy is worth not having Quick Riposte.

23 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I find that player phase Horses works the best with a couple of fliers thrown into the mix and a few infantry/armor tanks that can hold down the fortresses. Also a wings of mercy flier and healer help.

I used to use a mix as well, but the nukes cannot really stand their ground compared to Enemy Phase units so I stopped using them. Although in the harder Infernal, my dragons are not exactly great at standing their ground anymore either, as lots of nukes and Bold Fighter armor units just annihilate them.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The problem with that strategy is that I’m very reliant on the maps not screwing over the Horsies by having a bunch of trenches, trees, rivers, etc. so more fliers would actually be better than horses but I don’t have much built up myself and very few people in friend list have fliers as their leads so that’s why I stick to horses.

I have quite a few fliers, but the only ranged ones I have are WOF!Hinoka and TOD!Nowi. I guess I can bring my own NS!Corrin +10, but her skills set is not really complete/optimal yet.

I will try to look for more flier mains.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@XRay

I’ve been fully completing “Infernal 2.0” pretty consistently. My current setup is very Flier-Heavy, and mostly Player Phase. The initial 8 are:

• Myrrh: Tank for enemies that are not red or holding some flavor of Naga.
  • Tana (Winged Princess): Galeforce set. Sweeps stuff.
  • Caeda (Talys’s Heart): Fortify Fliers buff for Myrrh, mostly. She’s currently running a Galeforce setup in case I need it.
  • Azura (Celebratory Spirit): Hone Fliers & Sing.
  • Morgan (Lass from Afar): -blade nuke with Wings of Mercy.
  • Camilla (Spring Princess): -blade nuke with Wings of Mercy.
  • Roy (Brave Lion): Galeforce set. Sweeps stuff. Hone Cav for Elise, in cas I need her to hit someone.
  • Elise (Delicate Flower): Gravity, Hone Cav for Roy, and healing.

Usually I try to get Myrrh in position to safely take out as many foes as possible right out of the gate. After that, Tana and Roy can usually punch through the leftovers, and often become great warp points for the Wings of Mercy -blade tomes. Caeda usually doesn’t have to fight much, but it’s nice to have her around to slice up the occasional Hector.

Yeah, maybe I will try using flier and pony Player Phase nukes again, but I am kind of worried that I cannot advance fast enough, since they have to sort of stay out of enemy range.

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I mostly just auto the hardest Infernal. (I'm one more fight away from level 25, so I don't feel the need to actually put effort in.)

I try to complete it manually because I am not sure if I will make it to Tier 25. Now that I am in Tier 24, I guess I can just take it easy.

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Cordelia and Brave Roy having Galeforce means that they take forts really easily, and the rest of the team is high mobility meaning they can setup to take forts really easily. If I played it I can probably consistently clear around turn 6---key is to setup to kill the fort asap to prevent reinforcements, even if you have to lose a unit, you can even teleport your own reinforcements in to clear stragglers anyway---but Inferno gives enough points that every auto battle is at least 1k points per small lance (and usually about 10k per full set), which is more than enough for level 25 and a high rank. (I auto'd to rank 4 last round.)

I will look for some Galeforcers too.

6 hours ago, D4RTH said:

Legendary Lucina - +Spd/-Res is the obvious pick here, though I'm interested in seeing how the +Atk/-HP copy compares (Especially at higher merges).

+Atk seems to be the best from a performance stand point if you go Reinhardt with her, but she will not score as high without Thögn and Swift Sparrow.

GA!Lucina +10
Thögn, Moonbow
Speed +3
Enemies +10, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury, 3/3/3/3
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 160:18:96
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP] 137:19:118
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res, 4/4/0/0] 200:18:56
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP, 4/4/0/0] 197:19:58

GA!Lucina +10
Thögn, Moonbow
Flashing Blade
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 139:18:117
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP] 109:25:140
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res, 4/4/0/0] 194:18:62
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP, 4/4/0/0] 183:19:72

GA!Lucina +10, +Atk, -HP
Brave Bow, Moonbow
Death Blow
Player Phase [Quickened Pulse] 191:26:57
Player Phase [Heavy Blade] 155:42:77
Player Phase [Quickened Pulse, 4/4/0/0] 213:12:49
Player Phase [Heavy Blade, 4/4/0/0] 201:17:56

6 hours ago, D4RTH said:

Legendary Lyn (+5 merge) - +Spd/-Res VS. Neutral.

6 hours ago, D4RTH said:

I've built her as more of a player phase unit anyway.

I am going to assume Player Phase performance then. Neutral does better with buffs, but +Spd is a lot more independent.

LOTW!Lyn +10
Swift Mulagir [Allies>Enemies], Moonbow
Speed +3
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 156:17:101
Player Phase [Neutral] 135:12:127
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res, 4/4/0/0] 177:17:18
Player Phase [Neutral, 4/4/0/0] 179:12:83

7 hours ago, D4RTH said:

OG Roy (Future +10 merge) - +Def/-HP VS. +Atk/-HP.

7 hours ago, D4RTH said:

Superboon helps his arena scoring

Superboons do not affect Arena scoring unless the unit can get into a different BST bracket. BST brackets are in chunks of 5, rounded down. Units with BST of 151, 152, 153, and 154 are all treated as if they have a BST of 150.

Roy's BST can only fluctuate between 157-159, which is entirely within the 155-159 BST bracket, so Roy will always be treated as if he is 155. To move into the next bracket, Roy needs 160 BST.

Personally, I would not give Roy Distant Counter since Ayra and other fast sword users are much better with it than he is. Roy does not have enough bulk to stomach doubles, and he is certainly not fast enough to avoid doubles. +Def with Steady Breath seems to be the best option in my opinion. You can also specialize Roy against dragons with Glacies-Warding Breath for Arena Assault, although ideally you want -Def in that case instead.

Roy +10, -HP
Binding Blade [special], Ignis
Steady Breath, Guard
Close Def
Non Ranged Enemies +10, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury, 3/3/3/3
Enemy Phase [+Atk] 104:27:23
Enemy Phase [+Def] 106:15:33
Enemy Phase [+Atk, 4/0/4/0] 120:15:19
Enemy Phase [+Def, 4/0/4/0] 124:4:26

Roy +10, -HP
Binding Blade [special]
Distant Counter, Guard
Close Def
Enemy Phase [+Atk, Luna]135:73:66
Enemy Phase [+Atk, Luna, 4/0/4/0] 165:55:54
Enemy Phase [+Def, Bonfire] 125:54:95
Enemy Phase [+Def, Bonfire, 4/0/4/0] 158:42:74

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, maybe I will try using flier and pony Player Phase nukes again, but I am kind of worried that I cannot advance fast enough, since they have to sort of stay out of enemy range.

That’s what the tank is for. I’ll usually have Myrrh sit 2 spaces away from a warp tile to begin with (unless there’s a lot of red mages/Naga hanging around), so she can pick off all the initial 2-range foes. Approaching is a lot easier after that. Gravity helps too.

Also Wings -blade tomes. Those are insane if you can get your Galeforcer under 50% HP. It’s especially nice for taking forts (KO the guard, activating Galeforce, then take the fort with the Galeforcer’s 2nd action and a WoM -blade tome) and rushing the enemy base (a Galeforcer, Azura, and 2 WoM units = 5 dead enemies).

Also keep in mind that the enemies prioritize forts over your units, so it’s ok to leave one alive when you take a fort, as long as you don’t go and stick someone on it (you might have known that already, but it doesn’t hurt to throw it out there just in case).

Edit: I’ve also been setting Tana as my lead for GCs lately, if you want/need a Galeforce ally.

~

I have a question of my own. I have pulled 2 copies of Tiki (Beachside Scion): +Atk/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. Which should I use as a merge base?

Safe assumptions:

• She’ll be on a Flier or Dragon team.
    • She can receive either field buff or Goad stack support on a Flier team, and field buff support on a Dragon team.
  • I’d like to be able to switch her between a defense-oriented set and an offense-oriented set, if possible.
    • The defense-oriented set will have Distant Counter.
    • I have the fodder for every non-exclusive Breath weapon (for the offense set).
  • I have no idea what blessing she’ll get.

I’m leaning towards the former, but I’m interested in another opinion.

Edited by LordFrigid

Argh! That is it, I am fucking done with my Grand Conquest Brigade. My dragons and armors get nuked too easily so they cannot even be relied to hold territory anymore. They suck on Player Phase, and they cannot even do their job on Enemy Phase.

And I thought they patched Rival Domains and Grand Conquest where the AI's units immediately grey out so they cannot perform another action if they teleport to their camps and fortress? Or was that only for Rival Domains? A Maribelle was giving me a headache teleporting back and forth healing her allies or nuking me down, and I cannot fucking catch her because all my units die around the camps.

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

That’s what the tank is for. I’ll usually have Myrrh sit 2 spaces away from a warp tile to begin with (unless there’s a lot of red mages/Naga hanging around), so she can pick off all the initial 2-range foes. Approaching is a lot easier after that. Gravity helps too.

Also Wings -blade tomes. Those are insane if you can get your Galeforcer under 50% HP. It’s especially nice for taking forts (KO the guard, activating Galeforce, then take the fort with the Galeforcer’s 2nd action and a WoM -blade tome) and rushing the enemy base (a Galeforcer, Azura, and 2 WoM units = 5 dead enemies).

Also keep in mind that the enemies prioritize forts over your units, so it’s ok to leave one alive when you take a fort, as long as you don’t go and stick someone on it (you might have known that already, but it doesn’t hurt to throw it out there just in case).

Edit: I’ve also been setting Tana as my lead for GCs lately, if you want/need a Galeforce ally.

Yeah, I will try the Galeforce and Blade tactic. On some maps, it is almost impossible to even take all camps with my current set up.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

And I thought they patched Rival Domains and Grand Conquest where the AI's units immediately grey out so they cannot perform another action if they teleport to their camps and fortress? Or was that only for Rival Domains? A Maribelle was giving me a headache teleporting back and forth healing her allies or nuking me down, and I cannot fucking catch her because all my units die around the camps.

I believe that enemies are unable to attack after teleporting on every difficulty except the top Infernal one. That’s the only one with the “Enemies can attack after warping” warning before starting the battle, at least.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

I believe that enemies are unable to attack after teleporting on every difficulty except the top Infernal one. That’s the only one with the “Enemies can attack after warping” warning before starting the battle, at least.

I just checked and noticed the warning. Those letters could have been a lot bigger and brighter! Or maybe I am just blind.

Speaking of GQ, I noticed I'm still Tier 17 and I have 12 lances left.

I just want to get to Tier 25 asap to get the rewards, but I wonder if I'm falling behind on points.

Is it better to do normal Infernal or Infernal+ to get to the max Tier quicker? I'm just afraid if I do Infernal+ then I won't get max reward in time (I can defend my fort at least. Sometimes do the max 20 skills and occasionally take 1 fort but it depends on the map. Also armour rounds are the hardest for me since they can't move to enemy forts in time)

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I have a question of my own. I have pulled 2 copies of Tiki (Beachside Scion): +Atk/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. Which should I use as a merge base?

Safe assumptions:

• She’ll be on a Flier or Dragon team.
    • She can receive either field buff or Goad stack support on a Flier team, and field buff support on a Dragon team.
  • I’d like to be able to switch her between a defense-oriented set and an offense-oriented set, if possible.
    • The defense-oriented set will have Distant Counter.
    • I have the fodder for every non-exclusive Breath weapon (for the offense set).
  • I have no idea what blessing she’ll get.

I’m leaning towards the former, but I’m interested in another opinion.

Unless you need the Res to avoid being one shotted, would not +Spd be better to avoid doubles? +Spd is also better for Player Phase performance.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Is it better to do normal Infernal or Infernal+ to get to the max Tier quicker?

Infernal (easy)
Foes Defeated: 400
Camps Held: 360
Fortress Defense: 360
Fortress Offense: 360
Total: 1,480

Infernal (hard)
Foes Defeated: 560
Camps Held: 480
Fortress Defense: 480
Fortress Offense: 480
Total: 2,000

Assuming you can beat easy Infernal, you will get 1,480 per Lance.

If you can complete every objective besides attacking the fortress on hard Infernal, you will get 1,520 per Lance.

For me personally, I cannot reliably complete Camps Held and Fortress Offense objectives on hard Infernal, so I am better off just grinding on easy Infernal.

Edited by XRay

I got a second Alm that I do not need. I thought about merging him, but he got Windsweep, which is pretty rare. However, there is like almost no demand for Windsweep.

The only one I can think of so far is Jaffar, who can now basically shutdown counter attacks from everyone besides dragons and faster units (there are staff units too, but staff units are pretty squishy). But even then, I much rather have him stick with Poison Strike and just let him focus on mages.

Is there anyone else who may want Windsweep? Are there any other more practical builds or gimmicky builds that I overlooked?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I got a second Alm that I do not need. I thought about merging him, but he got Windsweep, which is pretty rare. However, there is like almost no demand for Windsweep.

The only one I can think of so far is Jaffar, who can now basically shutdown counter attacks from everyone besides dragons and faster units (there are staff units too, but staff units are pretty squishy). But even then, I much rather have him stick with Poison Strike and just let him focus on mages.

Is there anyone else who may want Windsweep? Are there any other more practical builds or gimmicky builds that I overlooked?

Honestly, I can't think of anyone. Alm is pretty much the only "smart" user of it, and even he might prefer something a little more offensive to guarantee he gets kills with Double Lion Falchion, Chill Def comes to mind.

Here's the Windweep Builds page on Gamepedia, and here is the Windsweep page on Gamepress. The Gamepress page specifically highlights most of what I have to say on Windsweep, but basically a middling-Speed Brave user seems your best bet, given that it replicates the Double Lion-Windsweep that Alm can do, but weaker, reliant on Phantom Speed, but not limited to being at 100% HP, and still gets in two attacks despite Windsweep canceling out proper follow-ups. Think Soleil, ASS!Takumi, Cherche without a -Spd bane and a Hone Fliers boost, and HatF!Alfonse. Specifically, all but Soleil can receive their respective Hone Movement type buffs to help with triggering Windsweep. Reinhardt with some serious Speed stacking could work to.

I highly doubt you'll get a burst of inspiration though, and I think a Brave user would prefer a Breaker or Chill Def anyways, just taking the kill instead of not dying because you didn't get the kill, so I'd just merge and take the merge level stats on your base Alm.

Edited by Xenomata

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly, I can't think of anyone. Alm is pretty much the only "smart" user of it, and even he might prefer something a little more offensive to guarantee he gets kills with Double Lion Falchion, Chill Def comes to mind.

Here's the Windweep Builds page on Gamepedia, and here is the Windsweep page on Gamepress. The Gamepress page specifically highlights most of what I have to say on Windsweep, but basically a middling-Speed Brave user seems your best bet, given that it replicates the Double Lion-Windsweep that Alm can do, but weaker, reliant on Phantom Speed, but not limited to being at 100% HP, and still gets in two attacks despite Windsweep canceling out proper follow-ups. Think Soleil, ASS!Takumi, Cherche without a -Spd bane and a Hone Fliers boost, and HatF!Alfonse. Specifically, all but Soleil can receive their respective Hone Movement type buffs to help with triggering Windsweep. Reinhardt with some serious Speed stacking could work to.

I highly doubt you'll get a burst of inspiration though, and I think a Brave user would prefer a Breaker or Chill Def anyways, just taking the kill instead of not dying because you didn't get the kill, so I'd just merge and take the merge level stats on your base Alm.

Hm... I guess I will sleep on it before deciding. I think I will most likely merge, but I do not use Alm outside of Arena Assault, so I might give it to Jaffar for fun.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@XRay I saw a windsweep build for Hector once, which could be a variant for your evil educative defense teams. It's even mentioned by Phoenixmaster1:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pheonixmaster1/status/934101974391259136?lang=en

Awesome! I never thought about that before. I do not have a +Spd Hector right now, but now I know what I want to do if I ever get one.

Thanks!

What do the "Helpers" do in Grand Conquest?

My Titania is listed as the helper for a zone, but she's not giving any area bonus, and I don't really know what I'm doing by being a Helper here.  I have not actually myself fought in this zone this round.

Huh. Windsweep Hector. That is a novelty that would probably trip me up. Too bad it is such a rare skill, well that and I traded out my +SPD Hector for a +ATK one sometime back. Should probably get the Seal treatment some day.

So I got one last full pull off the Legendary Banner and got a Lissa. My Current is +RES/-DEF. Would make an interesting DC build with a completely revamped skillset(DC/Vengeful Fighter), but I don't really want to invest that way since I already have many strong Green DC's. However, the connundrum is that the new Lissa isn't a whole lot better. She is +RES/-SPD. Not sure if that is superior enough to warrant the feather cost of changing over(having Bold Fighter means she wont' get merged). Looking at some Simulations it just looks like it is a bit of a wash. So my initial thought is just to keep my current one. Not sure who would get the Bold Fighter though. So far my Bold Fighters would be Lissa, Hardin, and Jakob. So I lack a Red Bold Fighter. But not really sure if any of the reds I have are really all that enticing. Draug? I mean that would be a Red I could ultimately +10 if I wanted to. Though he is currently at 4*+10 and I only have one other copy laying around.